Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Spice and Wolf (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Oct 5, 2010 5:31 AM

Sep 2008
Bah. This better all get resolved in the next episode. Watching this is painful. And I don't actually get what happened with Amarty paying Lawrence with gold coins, but I hope it doesn't mean that Lawrence's plan has been thrown off course (doesn't seem like it could affect it that way...).

I hope the feathers meant that Horo was the one who went to see Deanna and not Amarty.

UfGator11 said:
Just my frustration talking there...I just want the story to move on. :(

You're not the only one frustrated; I want it to pick up and move on as well. D: So I second what you're saying.
Jan 5, 2011 6:22 PM

Jul 2010
i think the fact that he paid in gold coins means he knows lawerance has a plan with the silver ones, but it will be annoying for him since he has to pay a specific amount, and like he said "the service charges must have been expensive for this" which might mean it will hinder lawerance's plan a bit
its confusing but ithink they will explain in the next episode.

Feb 20, 2011 12:27 AM

Oct 2010
WHERE IS NORA!!!!!
Feb 22, 2011 8:48 AM
Nov 2009
communiist said:
WHERE IS NORA!!!!!

^THIS
May 12, 2011 2:11 AM

Dec 2009
darkerealm said:
I don't like this Armati guy.
He's rude for sweeping in and trying to snatch someone's companion away.

Me too!

Aug 6, 2011 6:26 PM

May 2011
OMG. Can't wait to see what Horo will do.Needs more, now. >.>

Kenaya said:
Epic tension! I have no word to explain what I feel now! This is check and mate!

Oh yes.
I definitely have superpowers. I can feel it in my balls.
Jan 13, 2012 10:11 PM

Dec 2010
It's still episode five and we're still getting cliffhangers about this arc. I'm not sure if this season will accomplish finishing the story, despite I haven't hear of a third season.
dbaranyi said:

Lawrence is turning into much more of a gambler than a trader.

That makes this season really interesting - seeing him act as something different than just any smart merchant.
Feb 29, 2012 11:07 PM

Sep 2011
Ahh this is getting soo good!!!
May 6, 2012 9:37 PM

Feb 2012
Wasn't Lawrence and Amati's contract for 500 silvers? Was that just a partial payment? It's not like Lawrence would've accepted a partial payment that late anyway, on the grounds that Amati had enough cash on hand to pay the currency exchange fee in the first place. Naked shorting is risky enough as is without a clear contract between the first and second parties.

I can't wait to read the LNs, because it's clear that key details are being left out of the anime.

insan3soldiern said:
I guess I must be one of the few who thinks this season has been better than the first so far. But, then again most people's excuses for this are no better than "needs moar Horo!"

And in addition to that, the ridiculous excuse that this "arc" is too long. And like I mentioned above, key details are already being omitted -- moving the anime along at a faster pace would water down the economics to an unrecognizable level.
Jun 2, 2012 2:38 PM

Mar 2012
Meritas said:

dbaranyi said:

Lawrence is turning into much more of a gambler than a trader.

That makes this season really interesting - seeing him act as something different than just any smart merchant.

This. The slim chance that Lawrence can pull this off makes it very interesting.
Aug 24, 2012 2:44 PM
May 2012
gah i wanted to stab amarty in this episode he is pissing me off way to much
Aug 26, 2012 8:18 AM

Nov 2011
Horo is going to trick Armati in the end in favor of Lawrence in the end right when Lawrence is about lose! I trust Holo enough to think this is something the Wise Wolf would do!!!! XD

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Sep 28, 2012 7:45 AM

May 2012
dafuq is holo doing really... damn she can be really stubborn...

I do hope everything works out in the end though!
Nov 29, 2012 10:05 PM

Jul 2012
I like the whole love-triangle thing^ ^ Wonder what's gonna happen next!
Mar 29, 2013 10:48 PM

Jun 2012
Did anyone else find it odd that there was a full moon in this episode? One or two episodes back, the ending shot (IIRC) was of the sky with a crescent moon.
May 5, 2013 2:35 PM

Jan 2013
I can't handle much more of this.
I was wondering what Holo was doing all that time.
May 15, 2013 6:48 AM

Apr 2013
What a cliffhanger. But the preview for the next episode looks promising.
But something keeps bothering me.
What if Horo is acting like that for a purpose. Like to test Lawrence or something.

Anyway, hope the next episode will reveal the truth.
May 15, 2013 5:44 PM

Jan 2013
Amarty is just as good of a merchant as Lawrence is, if not better. He thought of everything to stay one step ahead of Lawrence. I guess it'll come down to a radical act by Lawrence or Holo turning down Amarty. I thought it was funny how Amarty had it planned that the deal would happen when the bell in the tower rang.

I was kinda sad to see that Holo didn't even look in Lawrence's direction when Amarty said he was going to go talk to him.

Side note, the chibi art during the ED is soo cute :D
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Jul 29, 2013 10:39 AM

Sep 2012
So glad I am coming a few years late to this. I don't think I could deal with it if I had to wait a week to watch the next episode.

i don't think I have yelled at my screen more for any other show. I just can't wait until this all gets resolved and holo goes back to Lawrence! Not sure I can take more of this....

phantom19 said:
Amarty is just as good of a merchant as Lawrence is, if not better. He thought of everything to stay one step ahead of Lawrence. I guess it'll come down to a radical act by Lawrence or Holo turning down Amarty. I thought it was funny how Amarty had it planned that the deal would happen when the bell in the tower rang.

I was kinda sad to see that Holo didn't even look in Lawrence's direction when Amarty said he was going to go talk to him.

This. all of this. I couldn't put it into words, but yes, this.
Jul 29, 2013 3:00 PM
Aug 2009
phantom19 said:

Amarti's actually a bit of a joke. He fell for the oldest tricks in the book, and yet thought he was above everyone else. Just thinking a few obvious moves ahead, when you have the home court advantage, isn't the sign of a good merchant. It's the sign of a naive and lucky one. A truly good merchant would have assumed his opponent was just as devious and capable as he was, and not relied on cheap psychological warfare. Amarti assumed too much, even after Lawrence pointed that fact out to him.

Lawrence, on the other hand, was at a low point in his life (almost went bankrupt a week ago and was at this point thinking he could seriously lose Holo), and yet he assumed that Amarti (and Holo) would find a way to win (no matter how devious), treated them as serious opponents, learned Amarti's weak point and attacked it surprisingly honorably, found a way to beat Amarti's home court advantage, and even gave up on profits to get what he wanted. He learned from his mistakes a week ago about not underestimating your opponent, and he didn't get greedy this time.. he just wanted Holo back.

Kind of hard to take Amarti seriously in hindsight.
Aug 28, 2013 7:44 AM

Jul 2012
Lawrence: are there any stories of Pagan gods mating with humans?
me: have you heard of Mr God-whore Zeus?
i don't know everything
i just know what i know...
Jan 13, 2014 9:20 PM

Aug 2013
I wonder who's that mysterious buyer from Diana. The most obvious reponse would be Amarthy.

Mark is so funny, being all poetic like that xD

So now, everything is going to be played in the next episode. I still don't know exactly when Lawrence want Lant to get in the action, but what Lawrence need to do is sell a lot of pyrite, then throw the rumor about the wheat. So there will be a lot of pyrite for a bit of buyer. All his strategy is based on that.

Amarthy was arrogant at the end, so was Holo.

The preview left me confused. If she bite a person hand, it's to get blood and if she get blood, she transform. Why would she tranform in first place?
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Feb 27, 2014 4:21 AM

Aug 2012
This ep was probably the best ep so far, i really really loved the conversations between Mark and Lawrence.

diablo99939 said:
So glad I am coming a few years late to this. I don't think I could deal with it if I had to wait a week to watch the next episode.

i don't think I have yelled at my screen more for any other show. I just can't wait until this all gets resolved and holo goes back to Lawrence! Not sure I can take more of this....

Agree with you there. I can't stop watching!

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Jun 14, 2014 9:04 PM

Apr 2011
I like this season much more than the first. It seems like the episodes just fly right by!!
Sep 26, 2014 5:21 PM

Jun 2014
dgw said:
Did anyone else find it odd that there was a full moon in this episode? One or two episodes back, the ending shot (IIRC) was of the sky with a crescent moon.
So I'm not the only one who noticed that. xD
Nov 26, 2014 1:25 PM
Oct 2014
I'm getting really pissed off at Horo. Don't know why she's acting like a total bitch
Nov 26, 2014 3:29 PM

Nov 2011
Why is everyone complaining about "arc length" and "lack of Holo"? That's what's making this season/development better than the last season. -.-;

Anyway, I already made it clear that I disagree with how Holo is handling the situation. However, I do think the feathers in her hair (which were arranged in the same manner as Lawrence's wheat present from the first episode of the season, btw) indicate that she was the one who saw Deanna before Lawrence. I'm taking that to mean she's on his side, but it could honestly be read either way. I feel bad for Lawrence; he's so stressed out that he's making mistakes.

The side characters are much better than they were last season. Mark, Lanty, Bartose, Deanna, they all seem relevant, unlike Chloe or even (to an extent) Nora. That combined with the better plot progression makes this season considerably better than the last one.
Nov 30, 2014 10:36 PM
Jun 2014
darkerealm said:

Ah, but he thinks that he's saving her from a debt that she can't repay herself.
Dec 2, 2014 12:05 AM

Sep 2014
Looks like Amarty's one step ahead of Lawrence.. Or is he? I guess the next EP will show who will win the duel..

Btw, when Holo was at the side of Amarty at the end made me cringe a bit.. It left me a bitter taste after this EP..
I just hope everything would be back to normal with her and Lawrence..
Mar 1, 2015 3:18 AM

Jan 2013
Seeing Lawrence get cucked was a gratifying experience. It's really opening up his character.
Mar 15, 2015 9:21 AM

Mar 2012
Elrondel said:
darkerealm said:

Ah, but he thinks that he's saving her from a debt that she can't repay herself.

That's just some bs excuse he's using to justify his selfish actions and Holo playing along isn't making it any better.

I'm pretty sure Holo has been toying with this kid, with the thought of making a profit out of it, ever since they first met him but it still gets on my nerves >_>
May 3, 2015 2:31 PM
Nov 2014
Lawrence got played right into Amarti hands like a fool he is in this episode, that bell at the end was eerie as hell.
May 8, 2015 10:13 AM

Feb 2013
Ugh, I just wanted Lawrence to punch blondie in the face this episode, what an arrogant little brat. Also seeing Holo with that douche at the end was hard to watch.

Hopefully Lawrence's plan still works, I just want them to get back together already lol :/.
Jan 4, 2016 5:29 PM
Jan 2016
he should leave her go if she wanna go!!
Mar 5, 2016 2:16 PM
Mar 2015
Next Time: Amarty becomes a werewolf. After that Holo bite I saw in the preview, there is no other conclusion I can think of.
Mar 28, 2016 2:24 AM

Jan 2013
Fuck this is going slow, and I already know that Horo is that mysterious buyer, it's pretty obvious.
Aug 2, 2016 10:09 PM

Jul 2013
Ugh I really can't stand Amarty. Walking around with that smug look. I hope he loses everything!

It was nice to see Diana again.
Mar 6, 2017 11:19 PM

Aug 2014
Poor Lawrence is working so hard yet Holo doesn't seem to care :/
Feb 1, 2018 11:57 AM

Oct 2017
They better resolve this soon... for the last 2 episodes I wanted to scream at Lawrence:"JUST TELL HER HOW YOU TRULY FEEL ABOUT HER YOU DUMB IDIOT!"
Feb 15, 2019 3:54 PM

Nov 2016
The plot has been pretty dope in these past episodes.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 8, 2019 6:40 AM

Aug 2017
What the hell is going on, this show sucks right now. Lawrence is repeatedly gambling everything he has and nearly losing. Just kill him, Holo and Amarty and end the show. I hate this anime at the moment.
Jul 11, 2019 8:22 PM
Oct 2017
If you have to fight/compete against another dude for a woman you're a lost cause.
Jul 31, 2019 12:41 PM

May 2016
What a great character development for Lawrence... but that ending I hope his plan is still in tact.
Oct 6, 2019 5:46 AM

Apr 2013
Hm pretty boring episode, I thought that that other dude would be ahead of him.
Nov 6, 2019 8:18 AM
Jul 2016
Am I the only one that absolutely love the cargo analogy? I thought that was beautifully done without being too blatant.

I have a hunch Amarty already has the 1000 coins...... :(
Dec 4, 2019 7:28 PM
Apr 2016
Lawrence seemed so disturbed and out of it at the end, I guess seeing Holo with that guy really got to him.
Aug 27, 2020 9:13 AM

Apr 2020
I don't like where things are going. Like... Come on, Holo, you've spent months travelling with Lawrence, got saved by him and saved him yourself. And now she just decides to choose a white knighting kid who just fell in love with her and decided to propose to her almost that very moment?

But this smug in the end and a thing with contract... I feel something's going down.
[right]=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=
Sep 5, 2020 1:33 AM
Jul 2020
JusticeInSwords said:
I don't like where things are going. Like... Come on, Holo, you've spent months travelling with Lawrence, got saved by him and saved him yourself. And now she just decides to choose a white knighting kid who just fell in love with her and decided to propose to her almost that very moment?

But this smug in the end and a thing with contract... I feel something's going down.

Exactly this. This arc has been my least favorite part so far. It feels so drawn out, too.
Jan 26, 2021 4:41 AM

Jul 2017
Decent episode, felt more like a transition to the big episode that would determine Lawrence, Holo and Amarti's futures in this whole gamble. Lawrence is going all-in on the gambling since he is that desperate to not lose his 'cargo' like that. Nice for Batos, Diana and even Marc in the end to be willing to help out Lawrence like that though, now it's all in the fate of the market as it determines the value of pyrite by the end of the day, and whether or not Amarti would marry Holo or whether Holo would go back to Lawrence cause in the end, the duel is really Holo vs Lawrence, not Amarti vs Lawrence.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

vinesage - Sep 2, 2009

209 by patkarunungan »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

vinesage - Aug 26, 2009

133 by patkarunungan »»
Apr 16, 9:21 PM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

vinesage - Aug 19, 2009

188 by patkarunungan »»
Apr 16, 4:59 PM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dbaranyi - Aug 12, 2009

290 by patkarunungan »»
Apr 15, 10:53 PM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

-Derp - Jul 30, 2009

148 by patkarunungan »»
Apr 15, 3:58 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.