Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 117 Discussion


Feb 18, 2014 3:31 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 996
tankoubon-feind said:
every week im like "ok someone has to fight there's no way they can stall any longer" and then every week im wrong and they find some way to drag everything out.

that being said i still liked this episode mostly for the zoldyck's and youpi but im just really tired of this pacing and hxh has never had this problem before so i have to think it has something to do with the fact that this is probably the last arc because of togashi's hiatus.


No the mangas is like that.
 
Feb 18, 2014 3:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1306
Cheetu finally died. I wanted him to suffer though...
 
Feb 18, 2014 3:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 985
silvahh fucked that ant up WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT
 
Feb 18, 2014 3:44 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 272
RIP cheetu. all hail zoldycks
Cty Best mid
 
Feb 18, 2014 3:51 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 13534
Most supenseful 3 minutes I've ever seen. Youpi's psychological transformation is yet another showcase of how many times this series can fuck thy mind.
 
Feb 18, 2014 3:53 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 3077
Ratohnhaketon said:
Most supenseful 3 minutes I've ever seen. Youpi's psychological transformation is yet another showcase of how many times this series can fuck thy mind.


3 minutes? When did they say that? Must have missed it. But damn, that sure is intense. Most detailed 3 minutes I've seen.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Feb 18, 2014 3:55 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 550
For some reason I didn't like that episode that much. I liked last week's episode much better. A lot happened though, I think I'll like it/understand it better if I rewatched it which I plan too.


 
Feb 18, 2014 3:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 1547
judals said:

Gotta ask, is cheetu the fastest leader ant? Fastest ant ever? Or the fastest character in all of the series?


 
Feb 18, 2014 4:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 13534
judals said:
Ratohnhaketon said:
Most supenseful 3 minutes I've ever seen. Youpi's psychological transformation is yet another showcase of how many times this series can fuck thy mind.


3 minutes? When did they say that? Must have missed it. But damn, that sure is intense. Most detailed 3 minutes I've seen.


Actually now I'm confused, because it mentions 3 minutes twice this episode. It says that the events with Knuckle happened 3 minute before Killua raised his finger, yet the narrator says at the end "Approximately three minutes have passed since the mission began." But there's no way all of that other stuff could have happened in 59 seconds, assuming we round down no matter what. Maybe a subbing error?
 
Feb 18, 2014 4:03 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 2147
So long Cheetu. We will never know what his new technique was. Silva showing up was pretty cool.
Youpi went berserk.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

 
Feb 18, 2014 4:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 3077
Ratohnhaketon said:
judals said:
Ratohnhaketon said:
Most supenseful 3 minutes I've ever seen. Youpi's psychological transformation is yet another showcase of how many times this series can fuck thy mind.


3 minutes? When did they say that? Must have missed it. But damn, that sure is intense. Most detailed 3 minutes I've seen.


Actually now I'm confused, because it mentions 3 minutes twice this episode. It says that the events with Knuckle happened 3 minute before Killua raised his finger, yet the narrator says at the end "Approximately three minutes have passed since the mission began." But there's no way all of that other stuff could have happened in 59 seconds, assuming we round down no matter what. Maybe a subbing error?

Yea seems like it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Feb 18, 2014 4:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 1019
Too much time is wasted in this anime on pointless characters for litrally the fifth week in a row. We didnt care about, Youpi, Shoot, or Knuckle five weeks ago and we certainly dont care now, especially with the main attraction finally getting some screentime.

Explosion visuals did look kind of fantastic.
<img src="http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lx1a8gz3tu1qbxqfpo1_500.png" />
 
Feb 18, 2014 4:29 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 49
judals said:
Ratohnhaketon said:
judals said:
Ratohnhaketon said:
Most supenseful 3 minutes I've ever seen. Youpi's psychological transformation is yet another showcase of how many times this series can fuck thy mind.


3 minutes? When did they say that? Must have missed it. But damn, that sure is intense. Most detailed 3 minutes I've seen.


Actually now I'm confused, because it mentions 3 minutes twice this episode. It says that the events with Knuckle happened 3 minute before Killua raised his finger, yet the narrator says at the end "Approximately three minutes have passed since the mission began." But there's no way all of that other stuff could have happened in 59 seconds, assuming we round down no matter what. Maybe a subbing error?

Yea seems like it.


Definitely subbed correctly, first it's the things with Knuckle/Shoot happened approximately 3 minutes before Killua raised his finger, and then at the end the narrator says that it has been roughly 3 minutes since the invasion began.
 
Feb 18, 2014 4:36 PM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 3
why is three minutes so damn long... i find it boring and i used to loveee the show
 
Feb 18, 2014 4:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 299
Wait what. 3 minutes, really?! This is going to be long... (though i love it)
 
Feb 18, 2014 4:55 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 615
27CansOfTuna said:
Too much time is wasted in this anime on pointless characters for litrally the fifth week in a row. We didnt care about, Youpi, Shoot, or Knuckle five weeks ago and we certainly dont care now, especially with the main attraction finally getting some screentime.
Who is this "we?"
 
Feb 18, 2014 5:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 7475
27CansOfTuna said:
Too much time is wasted in this anime on pointless characters for litrally the fifth week in a row. We didnt care about, Youpi, Shoot, or Knuckle five weeks ago and we certainly dont care now, especially with the main attraction finally getting some screentime.

Explosion visuals did look kind of fantastic.


I like them
 
Feb 18, 2014 5:19 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 300
In the manga, the events with Knuckle happened 3 minutes and 5 seconds before Killua raised his finger, and at the end 3 minutes and 35 seconds have passed.

But the anime says only the amount of minutes.

Also, in the manga Gon reached Pitou when 35 seconds have passed since the beggining of the invasion.

That's all we know.
Modified by BennyDelon, Feb 18, 2014 5:29 PM
 
Feb 18, 2014 5:34 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 2559
Only 3 minutes passed? Holy shit.

Anyway, so happy to see Zoldyck family, and Knuckle seems to be in serious trouble, but I can't take this anymore, it makes me anxious to wait one week for each episode, putting on hold until this arc ends.
 
Feb 18, 2014 5:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 247
An assassin was a great match against that Cheetu idiot. That guy's attitude about combat was so sloppy... nothing he could do.

I think Cheetu might be the most useless character in that arc, or even in that anime. So much screentime wasted on him...
 
Feb 18, 2014 5:41 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 533
SaSa-Zoldyck said:
 
Feb 18, 2014 5:53 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 615
GalekC said:
SaSa-Zoldyck said:
 
Feb 18, 2014 6:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 4882
That damn Cheetah died in the lamest way possible for ANY anime character! LMAO!!

Only three minutes have passed since the mission began? Wow! Seriously?! That's the longest three minutes I've ever experienced. So, I guess each episode is actually one minute in Hunter X Hunter time.

I'm getting really tired of Youpi. Please kill him soon, Knuckle.

Missing Hisoka like crazy! Come back soon, my love!!

Sent with Mal Updater
 
Feb 18, 2014 6:17 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 3817
Glad Cheethu got killed. He lived for too long. That's what happens when you fuck with the Zoldycks.
 
Feb 18, 2014 6:17 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 871
Orochiro said:
judals said:
Ratohnhaketon said:
judals said:
Ratohnhaketon said:
Most supenseful 3 minutes I've ever seen. Youpi's psychological transformation is yet another showcase of how many times this series can fuck thy mind.


3 minutes? When did they say that? Must have missed it. But damn, that sure is intense. Most detailed 3 minutes I've seen.


Actually now I'm confused, because it mentions 3 minutes twice this episode. It says that the events with Knuckle happened 3 minute before Killua raised his finger, yet the narrator says at the end "Approximately three minutes have passed since the mission began." But there's no way all of that other stuff could have happened in 59 seconds, assuming we round down no matter what. Maybe a subbing error?

Yea seems like it.


Definitely subbed correctly, first it's the things with Knuckle/Shoot happened approximately 3 minutes before Killua raised his finger, and then at the end the narrator says that it has been roughly 3 minutes since the invasion began.


I was confused about this too. So did Killua raise his finger when the invasion began? Probably was a sub error.
 
Feb 18, 2014 6:22 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 615
in said:
Orochiro said:
judals said:
Ratohnhaketon said:
judals said:
Ratohnhaketon said:
Most supenseful 3 minutes I've ever seen. Youpi's psychological transformation is yet another showcase of how many times this series can fuck thy mind.


3 minutes? When did they say that? Must have missed it. But damn, that sure is intense. Most detailed 3 minutes I've seen.


Actually now I'm confused, because it mentions 3 minutes twice this episode. It says that the events with Knuckle happened 3 minute before Killua raised his finger, yet the narrator says at the end "Approximately three minutes have passed since the mission began." But there's no way all of that other stuff could have happened in 59 seconds, assuming we round down no matter what. Maybe a subbing error?

Yea seems like it.


Definitely subbed correctly, first it's the things with Knuckle/Shoot happened approximately 3 minutes before Killua raised his finger, and then at the end the narrator says that it has been roughly 3 minutes since the invasion began.


I was confused about this too. So did Killua raise his finger when the invasion began? Probably was a sub error.
No. About a certain amount of time happened from the beginning of episode 112 to the start of episode 115 (Let's just say 30 seconds) Then about three minutes passed throughout all of episode 115 and the first minute of episode 116 to which it then bactracked three minutes to the remainder of episode 116 which likewise also took three minutes and this episode ended where the beginning of episode 116 happened.
 
Feb 18, 2014 6:34 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 70
Salce said:
In the manga, the events with Knuckle happened 3 minutes and 5 seconds before Killua raised his finger, and at the end 3 minutes and 35 seconds have passed.

But the anime says only the amount of minutes.

Also, in the manga Gon reached Pitou when 35 seconds have passed since the beggining of the invasion.

That's all we know.

35 seconds?! Holy shit.
 
Feb 18, 2014 6:34 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 487
Great episode, even though I always felt a little sorry for Cheetuh having to die like that. I liked him.
Then again, I think that his death in the manga looked "better". There he was really "crushed", comparred to this episode, where it looked like he was merely hit really hard.

Hannah_Ana said:

Missing Hisoka like crazy! Come back soon, my love!!

If I'm not mistaken, you write something like that every time. You really like him a LOT, huh? =P
 
Feb 18, 2014 6:44 PM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 422
BRILLIANT 5/5 episode! Youpi's fight will get A LOT more interesting from now on and omfg Octobro, y u going to take next weeks episode?
 
Feb 18, 2014 6:46 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 300
Let's say at the end of this episode both parties (Knuckle/Youpi/Shoot and Gon/Pitou/Killua) are matched in time. Then it's something like this:

Since the beggining of the invasion...
0:30 min: Knuckle jumps from the tower.
0:35 min: Gon meets Pitou.
3:35 min: Gon gives Pitou 1 hour to heal Komugi. Knuckle is watching Youpi in the crater (the end of episode 117).
 
Feb 18, 2014 6:47 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 5436
Aversa said:
Thread cleaned

Asking where to watch the episode and placing links to download/streaming websites is against the board rules which can be found here http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=516053#msg18239905.
And don't post in this thread before you have seen the episode.

All posts that violate the rules will be removed.


What fool did that? lol

Anyways this episode was ok, i can't wait for the Gon to go up against Pitou though. God this series really needs to learn the concept of "time" the invasion all happened in 3 min. Righttt! Their is a popular shonen cliche for you right there.
Modified by link9us, Feb 18, 2014 6:52 PM



 
Feb 18, 2014 6:49 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 24367
Cheetu is dead?

Fuck yes.
 
Feb 18, 2014 6:51 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 483
Salce said:
Also, in the manga Gon reached Pitou when 35 seconds have passed since the beggining of the invasion.


Someone get that man a watch. In 35 seconds...

Pitou was blasted out of the palace complex, landed, launched him/herself into the tower, the discussion between Pitou/King/Zeno/Netero took place, the three of them walked out onto the balcony and took off, Gon/Killua spoke to Zeno, then Gon/Killua reach Pitou.
 
Feb 18, 2014 6:51 PM

Online
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 113475
Btw, what was Cheetu's new ability? Was this ever revealed?
 
Feb 18, 2014 6:56 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 615
TheTsunami said:
Salce said:
Also, in the manga Gon reached Pitou when 35 seconds have passed since the beggining of the invasion.


Someone get that man a watch. In 35 seconds...

Pitou was blasted out of the palace complex, landed, launched him/herself into the tower, the discussion between Pitou/King/Zeno/Netero took place, the three of them walked out onto the balcony and took off, Gon/Killua spoke to Zeno, then Gon/Killua reach Pitou.
Just remember not all of these events happened in succession.Some were happening at the same time.
 
Feb 18, 2014 6:57 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 24367
MCAL said:
TheTsunami said:
Salce said:
Also, in the manga Gon reached Pitou when 35 seconds have passed since the beggining of the invasion.


Someone get that man a watch. In 35 seconds...

Pitou was blasted out of the palace complex, landed, launched him/herself into the tower, the discussion between Pitou/King/Zeno/Netero took place, the three of them walked out onto the balcony and took off, Gon/Killua spoke to Zeno, then Gon/Killua reach Pitou.
Just remember not all of these events happened in succession.Some were happening at the same time.

I don't think it probable for all of this to happen in 35 seconds, even if some events happened at the same time. Gon stare alone after seeing the King must have been like 10 seconds or more.
 
Feb 18, 2014 6:57 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 483
MCAL said:
TheTsunami said:
Salce said:
Also, in the manga Gon reached Pitou when 35 seconds have passed since the beggining of the invasion.


Someone get that man a watch. In 35 seconds...

Pitou was blasted out of the palace complex, landed, launched him/herself into the tower, the discussion between Pitou/King/Zeno/Netero took place, the three of them walked out onto the balcony and took off, Gon/Killua spoke to Zeno, then Gon/Killua reach Pitou.
Just remember not all of these events happened in succession.Some were happening at the same time.


Note, I specifically mentioned JUST the events of Pitou to show how Pitou got to the point where Gon reaches him/her in 35 seconds. Everything I mentioned happened consecutively in the timeline.
 
Feb 18, 2014 7:03 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 611
Anime: To explain what just happened in 5 minutes, lets take 10 episodes to explain.

The fight between Youpi-Knuckle-Shoot, aren't they back to square one then?

What happened to Killua and Meleron in the first 20 seconds of the show?!

Killua's family is so badass LOL Cheetu died because of their massive overload of "I dont give a damn about you"
 
Feb 18, 2014 7:17 PM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 422
I just checked the manga again and sweet, next ep will have one of my fav scenes in the invasion (I thought we were going to see it next next week but thank God no).

Also, Madhouse seriously should have added the invasion timer.
 
Feb 18, 2014 7:21 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 615
tsudecimo said:
MCAL said:
TheTsunami said:
Salce said:
Also, in the manga Gon reached Pitou when 35 seconds have passed since the beggining of the invasion.


Someone get that man a watch. In 35 seconds...

Pitou was blasted out of the palace complex, landed, launched him/herself into the tower, the discussion between Pitou/King/Zeno/Netero took place, the three of them walked out onto the balcony and took off, Gon/Killua spoke to Zeno, then Gon/Killua reach Pitou.
Just remember not all of these events happened in succession.Some were happening at the same time.

I don't think it probable for all of this to happen in 35 seconds, even if some events happened at the same time. Gon stare alone after seeing the King must have been like 10 seconds or more.
I don't think it took that long. (Nothing is really happening in exact real time.) Let's try to estimate. The events with Pitou, the King, Komugi, Zeno and Netero took the longest time. Let's say twenty seconds. The events of Pitou, the King... etc are happening concurrently with the events of the rest of the characters up until Gon gets on the roof. By the end of the twenty seconds, the King, Netero and Zeno are leaving. Gon notices them, Netero points to where Pitou is and Killua catches up. Let's say this takes five seconds. The the rest of the events happen, which include Zeno separating the King with Netero, Zeno talking to Gon and Killua and Gon and Killua finally meeting Pitou.

Hmm... This is more complex than I thought.
 
Feb 18, 2014 7:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 6101
Hahaha. Cheetu died just like that.

Seriously, I want the anime to focus on the King and Netero, can't wait for them to start fighting already.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Feb 18, 2014 8:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 22625
If killua killed meleoron when he tapped killua's shoulder out of instinct I would have died laughing.
I wonder, if Silva landed on the king instead, would he have died from that.
 
Feb 18, 2014 9:02 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 3077
MCAL said:
27CansOfTuna said:
Too much time is wasted in this anime on pointless characters for litrally the fifth week in a row. We didnt care about, Youpi, Shoot, or Knuckle five weeks ago and we certainly dont care now, especially with the main attraction finally getting some screentime.
Who is this "we?"
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Feb 18, 2014 9:05 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 3077
People forget we are talking about super sonic? Characters.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Feb 18, 2014 9:10 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 1031
Not as spectacular as last week episode, but you cant really that level of awesomeness every episode.

It was nice to Silva again. I hope we see more of him in the future.
 
Feb 18, 2014 9:20 PM
Online
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 47888
wtf all of that was just 3 minutes? that goes to show you how slow they are adapting this
 
Feb 18, 2014 9:26 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 615
j0x said:
wtf all of that was just 3 minutes? that goes to show you how slow they are adapting this
In the manga its 13 chapters for three minutes. No slow adapting going on here.
 
Feb 18, 2014 9:37 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 790
3 minutes? lol there's no way, 116 alone had to have been more than 3 minutes.
 
Feb 18, 2014 9:51 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 164
I am pretty sure it was supposed to mean that this episode covered 3 minutes.
At the beginning we see meleoron meeting killua. And then it says: "3 minutes earlier knuckle was running away from youpi" (or something like that).

I liked this episode. No Ikalgo (or wolf guys) = good episode xD
 
Feb 18, 2014 10:04 PM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 70
people complaining about one of the best shounen adaptations ever, one which has been consistently good for over 100episodes. all arguments are invalid
 
Top
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

Preview MangaManga Store