Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Feb 21, 2014 5:36 PM

Oct 2011
Natsume's secret is out!!!! Which shocked everyone!!!

Harutora is the reincarnation of Yakou???
Feb 22, 2014 1:55 AM
Apr 2013
So I was rewatching the first few eps and...

Feb 22, 2014 2:26 AM

Mar 2010
Chung2 said:
So I was rewatching the first few eps and...

He always had spiritual power, but he just couldn't use it or see spirits until Natsume came along awoke a part of it for him.
Feb 22, 2014 2:59 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Interesting as an episode, and is now the harem, but at least it was not so obvious as to practice.
Plot that has been going on a tangent, are cut off, I'll do as they say in Latin "repetita iuvant" of the entire anime series to understand it better!
I open a parenthesis, will also silly to say, but reviewing an anime in the second round, making his vision a lot nicer and soparattutto eliminates downtime between those episodes that give a wrong perception.
So, back to the episode in question, the narrative interesting, pleasant exchange of views between Natsume and Kyouko. Also interesting is the conversation between the president and Otomo, what they wanted to hear those words?
Drawings and discrete animations. I wonder if these last episodes will close the circle or you will have to wait another season? Curious! : D
Feb 22, 2014 3:35 AM

Dec 2013
@jagd
What you said comes in spoiler since the anime didn't covered that part yet
even if it is not worth putting spoilers anymore lol..

Feb 22, 2014 4:54 AM

Dec 2010
antonn said:
Not buying it. Yukou is actually Kon.
HAHAHA! Best theory in a while.

Takiko reviving dead exorcists as her familiars totally make her a boss.
Feb 22, 2014 8:58 AM

Oct 2009
That Princess seems like she's gonna be a pain..yep so it's looking like Bakatora is actually the reincarnation of Yakou..
Feb 22, 2014 12:41 PM

Mar 2010
Hishamaru said:
@jagd
What you said comes in spoiler since the anime didn't covered that part yet
even if it is not worth putting spoilers anymore lol..

Actually what I said isn't a spoiler, because it's established in first and second arc (ep 1-5 in the anime). That's one of reasons why he allowed to attend the school to begin with.
Feb 22, 2014 8:28 PM

Dec 2013
I see. Looks like I misunderstood it with next episode's events. Sorry for that.

Feb 22, 2014 8:29 PM

Jul 2008
Really good episode, Natsume being a girl would mean Haurtora is most likely Yakou now :D
Feb 23, 2014 2:39 AM
Dec 2013
Why?! Why did Ohtome-sensei comes and restrain Harutora?!
Seriously. why? T^T
I always wanted to see people gone berserk or something... T^T
Feb 23, 2014 6:19 AM

Oct 2011
Takiko's powers reacted to Harutora because he is the reincarnation of Yakou? As Natsume was not affected by it.
Feb 23, 2014 8:23 AM

May 2012
Uchiha_Yuki said:
Seriously. why? T^T

Well, they change it to the actual thing happened in the LN. And that is the sad part.

It's not a matter of talent. It's a matter of will
Feb 23, 2014 9:26 AM

Dec 2013
Pretty much many little stuff got skipped/cut throughout the series and for later volumes to be fitted. While animating 9 volumes is not really a good idea since 9 are too much but 8 bit has handled most of them decently.
That being said this makes us viewers to really read the source material and to see ourselves what awesomeness we were missing, this anime got a mediocre adaptation but it could've been much worse and most of the adaptations are inferior to their source material anyway. The last 4 episodes will be good though since 8bit is devoting 4 episodes so much Awesomeness and BA Harutora and other characters expected.

AnimeFan500 said:
Takiko's powers reacted to Harutora because he is the reincarnation of Yakou? As Natsume was not affected by it.
It was just Harutora's spiritual powers going unstable (due to stuff happening in his fight with Shaver), Kon warned him about this in the previous episode. Takiko's powers had no hand in Harutora's spiritual energy going unstable.

Feb 23, 2014 4:26 PM

Oct 2012
I kinda figured that Harutora would be Yakou but...now that everyone's found out that Natsume is a girl, they're all really shocked. Is it possible for the reincarnation of Yakou to be a girl?

Feb 24, 2014 8:17 PM
Apr 2013
Uchiha_Yuki said:
Seriously. why? T^T
IKR lol I was like "go away you fool!!!" when he restrained him. Like wtf >.>
Feb 26, 2014 5:21 PM

Jan 2013
Nice confrontations this episode, and some progression
Feb 28, 2014 11:39 AM

Sep 2013
So Harutora is apparently Yakou? wonder whats gonna happen at that fireworks festival next episode.
Mar 1, 2014 4:13 AM

Dec 2011
That dead guy is related to Suzuka in some way?

And, on the subject of dead guys, it's now confirmed that Daizen is dead, and killed by Takiko no less.

Well the secret is well and truly out now. To all sides.

And Suzuka somehow didn't find out about the fire. And nor did Takiko. But the latter seems able to piece things together easily, and happy to tell the others about it.

Takiko seems a strangely honest person. But she isn't in the slightest bit open, and does she want Natsume to be replaced by Yakou in some way?

Talking about people being replaced, what was that that Miyo said? That child? Could it possibly be that Harutora is actually the reincarnation, not Natsume? And Harutora is... artificial?

Natsume sees some sort of reflection of herself in Takiko, somehow.

And what the hell was Takiko about to do at the end of that fight before she got stopped by Ohtomo?

Ohtomo is now resigning from the school? And so free to do as he wishes. But that also means that the protection will be a lot weaker. And Ohtomo is the only protection who has repeatedly shown his effectiveness. I wonder what will happen as a result? Will Suzu make another move?
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Mar 1, 2014 10:40 AM

Mar 2010
kuuderes_shadow said:
That dead guy is related to Suzuka in some way?

He is her father, Shidou previous Twin Horn head, who's has actually been mentioned several times in the first half. Ep 12 in particular talks a bit more about him.
Mar 4, 2014 5:56 PM

Jun 2008
Ophis said:
Finally subs are out. 6 hours later than usual. This episode was pretty good although I have a gut feeling a big chunk of it was skipped or rushed. I don't get it. What exactly caused Harutora's power to go out of control? I'm unsure whether or not is was to do with Takiko or perhaps Harutora being worried about Natsume that caused his power to spike. Can't wait till next week. Shits gonna hit the fan!

I think is quite clear by now that Harutora is Yaku and things like what happened to him in this episode have to do with Yaku being inside him.

Also Harutora isn't actually Harutora. His real name is Natsume. He is the real Natsume and not Natsume the girl.
I say that because the old lady's surprise and words at Natsume being a girl seemed to be based in a lot more than simply not detecting the spell. I can only assume that she saw Natsume as a baby or while it was born and clearly saw it was a boy. That is why she is so shocked hearing such news and the boy she saw was none other than Harutora that is the real Natsume.
For some reason(probably for protection against Yaku devotees) the family gave the true Natsume to a relative loyal family to raise and took the girl we know as Natsume as a replacement. So maybe the Natsume we know is actually the real Harutora.

Jagd84 said:
redaxe13 said:
This anime is terrible when it comes to plot twists. I mean there are some really crazy plot twists, but almost every single one of them was made super obvious before episode 4, when a plot twist shows up you're just like lol oh so there's where they're using this plot twist.. The anime isn't exactly bad, but it could have actually been good. Also the fight scenes are pretty cool, but they usually feel like they're pointless fights that have no impact on the story. I feel like the fights aren't part of the plot, they're just used as filler.

Except the only reason some of plot twist would be obivous was because there lots of foreshadowing beforehand. Harutora literally has a flashback he could not have had as child and his uncontrollable spiritual power was big clues to only one of them. It doesn't make you smart because you fed a couple hints through out the show on that. Furthermore there is no way you could have predicted the other twists, like Suzu being Douman's disciple, and writing about the Raven Coat. Or Takiko being Hirata and Twin Horn being allied with the Head of Onmyo Agency etc.

And you comment about fights don't make any sense. This series doesn't have that many fights to began with and because of it every one of them has been relevant to the plot. i.e If Amami hadn't beaten Hirata we wouldn't have found out about Takiko or if Harutora did not battle with Shaver he would realized the key needed to release a part of his spiritual power to control his spells properly.

Takiko being Hirata indeed caught me by surprise but Suzu being Doman disciple not. I figured it an episode before it was revealed.
I mean you have Doman talking about this familiar disciple and this new mysterious character appearing without having a reason to be in the plot. Putting two and two together came to me.
MonadMar 5, 2014 1:06 AM
Mar 11, 2014 11:31 AM

Mar 2010
Monad said:
[
Takiko being Hirata indeed caught me by surprise but Suzu being Doman disciple not. I figured it an episode before it was revealed.
I mean you have Doman talking about this familiar disciple and this new mysterious character appearing without having a reason to be in the plot. Putting two and two together came to me.

So you figured it out through shaky meta knowledge? Douman appeared in the show long before Suzu did. While she gave off a mysterious vibe there was nothing that suggested any connection between the two at all at first. There was no mention or hint about the Raven Coat from Suzu nor her being the famed Yakou Researcher Ryou Saotome as that implies a male's name. Sounds more like you took a shot in the dark and guessed or had a gut feeling more than any deduction on your part.

kuuurt said:
This episode showed how bad Tokyo Ravens is when it comes to drama. Jesus Christ, that was horrible.

What drama? The only thing that came close was when Harutora was in pain. Where is the drama in that?
Iron_MawMar 11, 2014 12:18 PM
Apr 9, 2014 12:31 AM

May 2013
Glad that kyouko made up with natsume and harutora.

Dat expressions when natsume said that she is a girl.
If you want everything you'll end up with nothing.
Apr 11, 2014 3:05 PM

May 2012
Interesting episode, let's see what's next!
Apr 14, 2014 10:45 PM

Aug 2011
With this, Harutora literally has an entire harem to himself. Why is everyone in love with him (゚Д゚;)
Apr 15, 2014 9:28 AM

Mar 2010
If you're asking this question now then you seem forgotten the why and how Harutora formed these relationships to begin with. Hint's not because of his looks.

Besides this isn't a harem, by the end of this episode both Kyouko and Suzuka have bowed out. Natsume has been recognize as winner. the other two never stood a chance.
Iron_MawApr 15, 2014 2:13 PM
May 25, 2014 7:36 AM

Mar 2014
Harutora is the real yakou reincarnation. You guys are late on understanding things like this. It been revealed part by part per episode!!
Imperial palbearers sounds new. well they're new introduced familiars i guess.
Souma's another familiar is suzuka's dad!? and he looks young!!
The Argument gone well!! Nice Friendship!!!
Need more harutoraxkyouko moments!!!
Next Episode , will be a big revelation!!! (well actually the end was a revelation too)
Good episode btw.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 27, 2014 7:17 PM

Jun 2014
nseika said:
Did Tsuchimikado papa put a spell on Natsume to make peoples ignore small details about her true gender ?

RenAshdoll said:
why Takiko is so obsessed with yakou?.Finally,It's Karasuba moment next week..can't wait
Sheltered princess and the destined prince charming on black raven she heard in bedtime story every night, perhaps ^^;;

LOL. But she looks suspicious, like VERY suspicious. That dairenji guy is obviously up to no good... things are about to get real. I'm excited, this series just keeps getting better and better. I was pretty skeptical about this but now I'm actually kinda sad knowing this is gonna be over soon.
Anyways, now that they've revealed these people I think next couple episodes are gonna be epic.
Aug 9, 2014 4:43 PM

May 2014
Darn it, everyone now knows that Natsume is a girl... aw darn it. Crud... NOT COOL THERE Kirihiya.
Aug 29, 2014 10:46 AM

Sep 2012
Damn, even Takiko knows now that Natsume is a girl. Why did Kyouko tell her. Shit
Dec 14, 2014 12:41 PM

Nov 2013
These kids are so stupid... they blab out important secrets but can't confess to each other. smh
Mar 20, 2015 1:32 AM

Aug 2010
Why did Kyouko have to...!!!

So if the reincarnation of Yakou is definitely a boy, dont tell me it's actually Harutora????

Im hoping for more Harutora x Natsume development please~
Apr 13, 2015 2:09 AM

Feb 2013
I don't know what they want with Natsume. They just want to reincarnate that one dude right? He amount of names being hrown is too much for me. I'm getting kinda lost.

The amount of people Natsume tricked into thinking she was a boy is too damn high.

If thy are sure that the child that was born was a boy who can that be? Harutora? Probably.
May 23, 2015 5:35 AM

Jan 2012
Yeah she is a girl.Got it everyone.

Feb 3, 2017 8:51 PM

Sep 2015
OMFG What if Natsume isnt the reincarnation of Yakou?? Maybe Harutora is the reincarnation of Yakou?? Ik someone can be reincarnated as the opposite sex but maybe jsut maybe Harutora is the actual Yakou reincarnation?
Jan 2, 2018 3:00 AM

Sep 2012
kuuderes_shadow said:

Talking about people being replaced, what was that that Miyo said? That child? Could it possibly be that Harutora is actually the reincarnation, not Natsume? And Harutora is... artificial?

he said hes condition is artificial didn't u hear him?
Sugram22Jan 2, 2018 3:03 AM
Jan 26, 2021 2:26 AM

Dec 2012
Love TRIANGLE.
Oh shit.

May 18, 2021 8:20 PM

Apr 2014
im sorry but the drama between those 3 was just so dumb and also the red hair girl is just such a lame character that it makes me annoyed that as its getting closer to the end that she's gonna be one of the main people that we'll see ......

loved everything until the red haired girl showed up

with that said need more Kon feels like been seeing less and less of her

hopefully she'll be shown more in these last few eps
"one step at a time"
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Tokyo Ravens community still alive? Any news on the new LN volume 17?

Gilgamesh45 - Mar 26, 2022

24 by XrIoUs »»
Mar 24, 4:18 AM

» Rest in peace Maon Kurosaki

Hot_Green_Tea - Mar 3, 2023

2 by smallwitchy »»
Nov 1, 2023 11:29 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ravens Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2014

372 by DemonLordKenzaki »»
Sep 16, 2023 11:43 PM

» Tokyo ravens really end?

Patolas - Aug 6, 2017

16 by Alexioos95 »»
Jun 10, 2023 8:12 AM

» How to see the rest of the story?

MrBones2002 - Jun 11, 2021

5 by Biribiri10 »»
Nov 7, 2022 11:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.