Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 5, 2009 5:27 AM

Jan 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Simply beautiful. I really loved the ending. ;_;
Sep 10, 2009 5:47 AM

Jul 2009
Beautiful even though i was hoping they are getting married..but nicely done..next let's go with H2 by the same mangaka..meet you there

Thanks for the great manga
May 17, 2011 5:42 AM
Feb 2011
i think the ending could have been fleshed out better IMO.. something along the lines of what Laevantein said. more closure or something. i think my favorite character is definitely Seinan's curveball-throwing pitcher. his relationship with that chubby manager girl was surprisingly touching. i gave it a 9 or an 8.5.
Nov 25, 2013 4:29 AM

Oct 2012
May 3, 2014 11:59 AM

Jan 2013
A wonderful ending. :)
Adachi sensei is definately one of my favs now.
An 8.5/10
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Jun 13, 2014 12:33 AM

Mar 2012
Cross Game was a little better. This ending was more clear cut, but there seems to be little romantic development compared to Xgame, This was good though!
Oct 20, 2014 3:26 PM

May 2011
This isn't Cross Game. :/ Well, at least I can finally drop the anime. I shall refer to the mangaka with the word "fucker" from now on.
I definitely have superpowers. I can feel it in my balls.
Feb 3, 2015 11:56 PM

Nov 2009
Shockingly, after reading H2, for some odd reason I decided to read this manga next (honestly I just want another long baseball series) . . . Of course to no real surprise, this wasn't the "baseball series" I was looking for. However, having said that, I was pleasantly surprised to see this series was quite a bit better than H2. Why? Well . . . The balance between SoL and Sports was a bit better (I still would say that the sports aspect was rather . . . "meh", but it was done better as well, it actually showed things like the team practicing), but the big difference was in the characters. It isn't like the characters were better developed in this series (in fact they are almost carbon copies of one another to some extent), but this series didn't "forget" about characters. Now part of this is because it didn't introduce as many characters, but the side characters it did introduce did maintain some level of relevance which I really appreciated given the fact I was expecting something as messy as H2.

On a side not, what did bother me however was the romance. I really think this guy would be a much better writer if he either A) committed to the romantic subplot or B) left it out. Pretty tired so not going to try and explain this in greater detail (sorry, very lazy), but basically I was kind of perturbed that despite her always loving Tatsuya, and him always loving her, it kind of stayed at a standstill for 3-4+ years. Now I do understand that their were "complications" due to Katsuya's death . . . However it probably would have been better (in my opinion), had they openly hashed those feelings out with one another. As it was, it kind of seemed like that they continually stated their love for one another (to others as well as to each other), but it roundabout ways (which the other clearly understood), but continuously pretended they didn't understand what the other was saying (despite them both knowing that the other did), and so stayed at a constant stand still for 3 years. (Now I am positive that is worded horribly, practically falling asleep here, sorry >.<)

Anyways, as for the last chapter I liked it. I couldn't tell though, did they win the Koshien? Not sure how the "plates" work, guessing they atleast had to make it past a few rounds? Anyways, I am kind of sad that he gave up baseball, at the beginning of the series I was hoping that he himself actually had an interest in the sport, however by the end it seemed like he still didn't really care about anything that didn't concern Minami (Worried for his future). Anyways, this series was definitely better than H2. 7/10.
Aug 5, 2016 8:47 PM

Mar 2016
Smooched said:
Cross Game was a little better. This ending was more clear cut, but there seems to be little romantic development compared to Xgame, This was good though!

Better than H2 lmao.
Feb 19, 2017 4:45 AM

Oct 2015
They won <3 the national haha.
Dec 16, 2018 7:56 AM
Aug 2018
So, Tatsuya finally told Minami that he loves her. And then he tells her that he won't repeat those words for another 10 years.

The end was better than Rough, but it still feels weird. During the wedding dress photoshoot, I had high hopes that we would eventually see that happen for real in the story. Guess that was too much to ask for of a mangaka like Adachi. Makes me wonder if I should even bother with Cross Game.

But I wonder, why was Tatsuya he so hesitant with his feeling towards Minami? Does he still think he is inferior to Kazuya?

I still can't wrap my mind around Tatsuya and why he acted the way he did until the very end.
Dec 18, 2018 3:21 PM

Dec 2013
I don't understand, is the last page showing Meisei winning the Koshien or is that a award for just participating in the koshien after winning against Sumi-tech?

"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
-Oreki Houtarou
Jan 29, 2019 11:15 PM
Jul 2018
Haven't read/watched the author other works as of now so my overall impression of this manga is just 'fine'. Had some mix feeling the moment the other main character was killed out of blue. Still it never went downhill in terms of quality or storytelling and it did entertained me especially the SoL moments but I don't remember any moments that were particularly memorable nor left me strong impression. Also the matches didn't go with too much depth than it was needed (like 'One Outs' but this is NOT psychological manga!) and we were only introduced too few characters who plays which is dissapointing and most of the panels spends time with comedic segments those werent much related to the story, especially they can be hit-or-miss.
Overall other than the complex characters, its just hard for me to take positives from this work mostly of the weak drama. Perhaps I have a feeling anime made the manga special maybe.
May 11, 2019 2:18 AM
May 2019
Have a question to all those who have completed this manga.
In the final chapter, what is Nitta referring to when he asks Tatsuya and I quote "So, afterwards did you ever have seconds with Minami" ?

Hyuse said:
I don't understand, is the last page showing Meisei winning the Koshien or is that a award for just participating in the koshien after winning against Sumi-tech?

I am a little late to the part here but, the shield is for the champions of Koshien. It is mentioned as a note in the last page. Also, Adachi's new manga Mix is a semi sequel to Touch. Here, (without any spoilers) its shown that Tatsuya's team won the Koshien.
Jul 17, 2019 10:58 AM
Nov 2017
hey I was wondering, why does everyone say "semi-sequel" and why does mal put mix in "alternative settings" ?
Dec 27, 2019 9:11 PM

Feb 2017
I literally read and get hooked into this eventhough I've watched the anime, and surprisingly enough I can enjoy it quite nicely, although not as much as the first time I experienced it. Still love it as much as the adaptation, 9/10 (though H2 is still my favorite)
addictedtolivingJan 5, 2020 8:41 PM
May 16, 2020 8:01 AM

Apr 2016
It was very good to see Tatsuya win the Koshien, he gave demonstration of his strenght without the needing of Minami or Kazuya’s motivations. I think he’s a great character, he’s probably the character I believe the best out of the Adachi’s series I’ve read or seen up till now. The whole Kazuya thing was a bit annoying, honestly. The love between Tatsuya and Minami was clear from the start, I liked the fact that was only up to Tatsuya to be honest with his feelings so that he can accept Minami’s feelings, like he did in the end. I would have liked to see more of Tatsuya and Minami together and also I wanted to see Tatsuya makes true Minami’s dream of become his wife. However, the ending was never the best part of the Adachi’s works I’ve read or seen, so it’s ok.
Jun 5, 2020 7:22 PM

Nov 2011
I want to cry, they really won the Koushien ... :')
This manga is good, big part of it because Adachi was witty in making cliffhangers at the end of basically every chapter, made it hard for me to pause reading.
I watched Cross Game first, this manga is only weaker in the beginning, mainly because Katsuya's death and his character are not as impactful and likeable as his Cross Game counterpart. But for the intensity of baseball matches, climaxing one in particular, I think Touch is better.
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Apr 16, 2021 8:02 AM
Apr 2021
Lorian_Guisan said:
hey I was wondering, why does everyone say "semi-sequel" and why does mal put mix in "alternative settings" ?

I am not really sure what the term "Alternate Setting" refers to, but Mix is considered to be a semi sequel to Touch because the main characters in Mix aren't the ones in Touch. As the series progresses many Touch characters are being introduced in Mix, but the spotlight isn't on them.
Also, Mix [as the name suggests] is a Mix between two of Adachi's manga namely, Touch and Miyuki. Mix has characters introduced from both Touch and Miyuki and the storyline is a mix of both [majorly from Touch though, as the setting is in the same Mesiei High school, only 30 years later].

You should give it a read. It is turning out to be a fine manga.
Apr 16, 2021 8:45 AM
Nov 2017
mangafan26 said:
Lorian_Guisan said:

I am not really sure what the term "Alternate Setting" refers to, but Mix is considered to be a semi sequel to Touch because the main characters in Mix aren't the ones in Touch. As the series progresses many Touch characters are being introduced in Mix, but the spotlight isn't on them.
Also, Mix [as the name suggests] is a Mix between two of Adachi's manga namely, Touch and Miyuki. Mix has characters introduced from both Touch and Miyuki and the storyline is a mix of both [majorly from Touch though, as the setting is in the same Mesiei High school, only 30 years later].

which characters are from Miyuki ? read that a long time ago, but I don't feel like introducing characters from a story like Miyuki do anything good. Anyway, I have read Mix and it's quite meh, if i compare it to other "good" Adachi works like Tpuch, H2, Rough or Cross Game.
Apr 16, 2021 9:04 AM
Apr 2021
Lorian_Guisan said:
mangafan26 said:

which characters are from Miyuki ? read that a long time ago, but I don't feel like introducing characters from a story like Miyuki do anything good. Anyway, I have read Mix and it's quite meh, if i compare it to other "good" Adachi works like Tpuch, H2, Rough or Cross Game.

Do you recall a character called Ryuichi Masaki from Miyuki? The one who is always on the motorbike? He was introduced in Mix a while back. He is the owner of the Dragon Cafe in Mix [the former Ramen shop].
Well, he is the only character introduced from Miyuki though. Although Mix a mix of both Touch and Miyuki, there is very little of Miyuki in Mix.

As for Mix, do not give up on it. I understand, when compared to other works of Adachi, the SOL aspect isn't that obvious but it has its moments. Adachi is taking it slow and tbh it is turning out to be quite interesting [not to spoil anything for you].
Apr 17, 2021 4:51 AM
Nov 2017
mangafan26 said:
Lorian_Guisan said:

Do you recall a character called Ryuichi Masaki from Miyuki? The one who is always on the motorbike? He was introduced in Mix a while back. He is the owner of the Dragon Cafe in Mix [the former Ramen shop].
Well, he is the only character introduced from Miyuki though. Although Mix a mix of both Touch and Miyuki, there is very little of Miyuki in Mix.

As for Mix, do not give up on it. I understand, when compared to other works of Adachi, the SOL aspect isn't that obvious but it has its moments. Adachi is taking it slow and tbh it is turning out to be quite interesting [not to spoil anything for you].

which chapter are you up to ? I'm around chapter 80 and I think it's not that good...
Apr 17, 2021 7:25 AM
Apr 2021
Lorian_Guisan said:
mangafan26 said:

which chapter are you up to ? I'm around chapter 80 and I think it's not that good...

I am up to date with the English translations and I have a good idea of what is going on with the raws as well.
It is getting interesting. Especially with all the Touch characters being introduced. I believe it is going to get more interesting after a couple more chapters [only problem is it is a monthly series].

Why do you say it is not that good?
Apr 18, 2021 7:48 AM
Nov 2017
mangafan26 said:
Lorian_Guisan said:

I am up to date with the English translations and I have a good idea of what is going on with the raws as well.
It is getting interesting. Especially with all the Touch characters being introduced. I believe it is going to get more interesting after a couple more chapters [only problem is it is a monthly series].

Why do you say it is not that good?

Well for me, Adachi-s works are the perfect mixture of slice of life & romance & sport. Adachi is a very skilled, and he-s able to make this 3 genre influence themselves. For example, the goal (generally the Koshien) is always part of the mc bachstory, there s often a real reason for the mc to play baseball. In Touch, it s for his brother, in H2 the goal is not quite defined at the start, but after a while, the reader understands that the story will conclude with the final showdown of the 2 H. In Mix, the slice of life is ok, the romance is bad, and that makes the baseball actually really boring.
Apr 18, 2021 9:09 AM
Apr 2021
Lorian_Guisan said:

Well for me, Adachi-s works are the perfect mixture of slice of life & romance & sport. Adachi is a very skilled, and he-s able to make this 3 genre influence themselves. For example, the goal (generally the Koshien) is always part of the mc bachstory, there s often a real reason for the mc to play baseball. In Touch, it s for his brother, in H2 the goal is not quite defined at the start, but after a while, the reader understands that the story will conclude with the final showdown of the 2 H. In Mix, the slice of life is ok, the romance is bad, and that makes the baseball actually really boring.

I totally agree with your analysis here. Compared to other masterpieces of Adachi certain features are definitely missing in Mix. That does not mean the series itself isn't good. Actually, there are certain reasons why I assume Mix is going to turn out to be interesting. In order to avoid spoiling this for the others I shall not talk about this here.
Apr 26, 2023 2:26 PM
May 2022
So, that's it. I think the ending is truly satisfying, don't know why so many people dislike it or find it unclear; to me it's very clear that Tacchan finally stated his love for Minami and that they will keep up with  their relationship, even more now that Tacchan's baseball experience is over. I don't find it so important to discover if they will get married or not, they're still 17 after all.
Also, it's very clear that Tacchan won the Koshien, so he can go back to his old life and enjoy it without being compared to Kacchan anymore, now that he demonstrated his true value.
It's been a good ride.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Touch Chapter 33 Discussion

Laevantein - Sep 8, 2009

1 by Zooincle »»
Sep 29, 2023 9:52 AM

Poll: » Touch Chapter 135 Discussion

HaiAlwaysHungry - Jul 29, 2009

2 by mangafan26 »»
Apr 16, 2021 9:28 AM

Poll: » Touch Chapter 155 Discussion

LaRose - Apr 3, 2012

1 by mangafan26 »»
Apr 16, 2021 9:23 AM

Poll: » Touch Chapter 163 Discussion

LaRose - Apr 3, 2012

2 by mangafan26 »»
Apr 16, 2021 9:18 AM

Poll: » Touch Chapter 89 Discussion

Trequartista - Apr 25, 2014

1 by mangafan26 »»
Apr 16, 2021 9:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.