Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 4, 2009 8:04 PM

Dec 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
rofl @ tsubasa comparing himself to ranma.
and his disguises are pretty good, its ridiculous.
Jul 6, 2010 12:11 AM

Jan 2008
hahaha one of the better episodes in the last couple. Creepy yet really funny. I love the part where Tsubasa throws Ranma in the hot bath with Soun Tendo
May 26, 2013 9:05 AM

Dec 2011
Why are they trying to cure homosexuality? Oh wait, Japan.
/人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Make a contract with me... /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\
Apr 14, 2016 5:27 PM

Oct 2012
I honestly don't know if adding more and more characters will help this show.. Not to mention Tsubasa is not very interesting one, rather he was really annoying.
May 7, 2016 1:44 PM
Apr 2016
Can't believe they had something close to yuri themes back then.
Feb 23, 2017 4:46 AM

Feb 2013
Damn, I really thought that Tsubasa was a girl.
Dec 9, 2017 8:28 PM

Aug 2015
Disappointed Tsubasa was...a trap. Here I was, thinking a yuri angle would be pretty enjoyable.
Liked the over the top disguises, appreciated the absurdity.
Mar 25, 2021 9:02 AM

Aug 2017
Very funny and very confusing, I really thought Tsubasa was a girl and that there would be some yuri but the fact that he was a guy made it even funnier in the end.
Jun 4, 2021 3:20 AM

Apr 2013
I hope Tsubasa never appears again, I can't enjoy that crossdressing stuff in anime at all.
Jul 26, 2021 1:22 PM

Jun 2021
Ranma, you can snap your fingers all you want after Tsubasa reveal but there's no denying you have probably genuinely enjoyed acting cute as a girl. Admit it.
Apr 15, 2022 2:56 AM

Jan 2018
Another episode, another "girl" who wants to kill/marry Ranma. This time a crossdresser named Tsubasa who's a bit of a meme. The guy should take a dive into the Jusenkyo spring that cursed Ranma.

The plot twist at the end was unexpected for me even tho the exact same thing happened in a Urusei Yatsura OVA. Ig I should've seen it coming.
Now I understand why so many people confused that Urusei Yatsura clip as Ranma 1/2.
Jun 27, 2023 3:15 AM

Jul 2017
i think this episode is a bit offensive, but for the time it came out it was normal to joke about this
''Touch the darkness inside me''
Apr 10, 4:54 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
A very fun episode, I’m loving the Ukyo focus as well as the new character Tsubasa, and I’m ngl they had me in the first half but I started to become sus of Tsubasa as the episode went on, mainly due to the bits where he used a deeper voice, and as it turned out Tsubasa was a very convincing trap until his girly outfit was ripped off, this was a “I fucking knew it” moment lol. I’m not against this turn of events tho, as we already have plenty of cute girls in the show including Ranma himself, so mixing things up with a crossdresser who’s into girls anyway is welcome imo.

I will say tho, it was kinda strange how Ranma decided to try and “fix” Tsubasa by trying to make him like guys, it felt like an odd direction after the initial conflict of Ranma trying to run away from Tsubasa in his female form, but I did still find it funny despite this and the fact that this wouldn’t fly today. And really there wasn’t any fixing that needed to happen, as Tsubasa wasn’t a lesbian but actually a crossdressing guy that’s into girls, so his effort was pointless lol. And now I wonder if Tsubasa will be reoccurring and if he will keep up the girl act or not, we’ll have to wait and see.

And lastly it’s funny hearing about that Urusei Yatsura OVA again in this thread, I’m kinda impressed with myself that in both of these I saw the reveal coming, but just like before I do still think Tsubasa is a cute character despite the new info lol.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ranma ½ Episode 53 Discussion

enkil - Aug 8, 2009

10 by TheColonel76 »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Ranma ½ Episode 52 Discussion

enkil - Aug 8, 2009

8 by TheColonel76 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Ranma ½ Episode 51 Discussion

enkil - Aug 8, 2009

6 by TheColonel76 »»
Yesterday, 7:49 PM

Poll: » Ranma ½ Episode 50 Discussion

enkil - Aug 7, 2009

7 by TheColonel76 »»
Yesterday, 7:10 PM

Poll: » Ranma ½ Episode 49 Discussion

enkil - Aug 7, 2009

22 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 18, 7:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.