Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 4, 2009 1:27 PM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Someone slap Faina. Please. Really hard. Repeatedly. With a baseball bat.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
May 10, 2010 10:56 PM
Feb 2009
Also someone pimp slap that Heiger guy effing another annoying idiot
Jan 24, 2011 12:57 AM

Jun 2009
What's so bad about Heiger and Faina? I kinda like them. At least they're better than that pretentious crybaby from Zwei, or that hypocritical, traitorous punk from Blue.
Apr 5, 2011 6:36 AM

Feb 2009
A revolt,huh. Interesting. Now what? Who will assume leadership i wonder.

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Jun 26, 2011 9:01 PM

May 2010
I seriously don't understand why anyone hates Faina. Is it because of that weird religion thing that she follows?
“Money can't buy dere”
Sep 23, 2011 3:55 AM

Dec 2009
Seabury said:
I seriously don't understand why anyone hates Faina.

This.

I feels like Fina has sad/dark background and some kind of mistery.
And at least she's not empty as other heroines.
Mar 4, 2012 8:38 AM

Jun 2009
I wish Faina would have slapped Kouji more than once! I think Kouji and that oversize blonde haired dude should be arrested as well - they are really annoying!
Feb 16, 2013 9:07 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Great episode. They fear Ryvius so much that they'd rather commit genocide and destroy a human settlement that have it fall in other hands.

I don't get the Faina hate either. Compared to Blue or Yuki she's quite allright in my book.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 12, 2013 2:21 PM

Nov 2009
Ouch . . . So they planned a cout but didn't even include Kouji? I feel like at this point they treat Kouji like a puppet, or a dog maybe . . . Just something to be pitied, but not someone to give any responsibility to, although not sure that is unjust.
Mar 14, 2014 11:42 AM

Jan 2013
Heiger is quickly becoming a great character. All he needed was to say "Just as planned" at the end.
Also I get the hate towards Faina. She uses Kouji almost as a dog.
A brilliant episode.
5/5
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

May 3, 2014 7:38 PM

May 2010
skyzblue said:
Heiger is quickly becoming a great character. All he needed was to say "Just as planned" at the end.
A brilliant episode.
5/5

She said she was sorry.

I really like Heiger and Faina in this episode. They are both so rational. Heiger reminds me of Oberstein a bit.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jul 27, 2014 12:58 PM

Sep 2011
skyzblue said:
A brilliant episode.
5/5
my thoughts exactly, and i also get the faina hate, I also am calling shes gonna be a sociopath.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Sep 15, 2014 7:41 PM

Sep 2013
Well, it seems Heiger thought about this scenario a lot before and planned this beforehand.

Also, since Faina started to act weird this was her first "normal" episode, yet it's the one where shet gets the most hate lol. I am not sure if the slap was trying to use him or protect him. Faina is a mysterious character haha.
Dec 16, 2014 2:41 AM

Aug 2010
I do not like Faina, and that Charlie guy annoys me so much xD Even that useless Zwei member from Hojo clan is better than him xD
May 22, 2016 5:15 PM
Aug 2014
I rather enjoyed this episode, nice to see Blue falling apart. He shouldn't be able to get back into power with just his single gun. Could still do without Kouji though.
Jun 21, 2016 5:24 AM

Jul 2008
Finally Blue is done.
Aug 22, 2016 2:54 AM
Dec 2008
Farabeuf said:
Great episode. They fear Ryvius so much that they'd rather commit genocide and destroy a human settlement that have it fall in other hands.

This part makes me cringe. The *** bureau is a "legal" entity, isn't it? So the genocide is not gonna be tolerated, is it? Or they just plan to completely cover it up like they did with all Ryvius' S.O.S.'s ?

In either case, this writing seems a plain plot tool to remove the imminent hope at Hyperion.
The pacing seems too fast and the visual presentation of the shattered star did not convince me either.
Jan 7, 2017 7:38 PM

Jan 2010
I must say, those communication lines are quite convenient. They start working when the worst possible remarks are made. Also, it seems like the only way the "crew" can cooperate, as absurd it is to call the group aboard the Ryvius such, is when someone is actively trying to kill them all. Is this supposed to be some commentary on society, the idea that fear and the conquering of adversaries power unity?

Anyways, one of the interesting parallels between Infinite Ryvius and Lord of the Flies, Blue's gun really reminds me of the glasses and the conch shell where they determine power not just through they're intended functions, but the presence they have before the group. In fact, the gun has never been used, so the great threat about it is the fact that it's true potential as both a narrative tool and a tool of violence has to be tested, leaving its possible effects to the imagination. In a sense, the fear of harm is greater than the harm it could inflict. It's one hell of a controlling mechanism.

Beyond that, I'm still uncertain about this show overall. The idea of a bunch of kids stranded in space tearing each other apart would be a lot more potent if it was just the kids going insane amongst themselves. With outside forces trying to kill them, particularly with how petty and maniacal they are, it just seems all too orchestrated, like the writers are just forcing the plot along. I just don't know about all this.
Apr 2, 2017 12:14 AM

Jan 2015
Honestly, is it a requirement to be insane as a ship captain? What the fuck was that guy doing, destroying a whole moon just to get at that ship?
May 9, 2019 2:06 PM

Mar 2016
Faina is great; she's somewhat complex and her development isn't completely stagnant. Kouji, on the other hand is an overly moral, passively self-righteousness pussy, and just continues to bottle up his feelings in what seems to be some sort of existential crisis as he can't seem to accept the fact that sometimes lies can be effective tools—though I doubt the show will preach that message; my guess is that they'll twist the situation to eventually favor whatever Kouji's ideals are.

I originally found this breach on his understanding of empathy to be an interesting development, but that was two or three episodes ago; it's just starting to get really old at this point. I've been forced to demote this show to 'doesn't deserve to be watched at anything lower than 2x speed.'

Half of every episode is comprised of frantic keyboard tapping accompanied by a cacophony of random technobabble and shitty early 2000s era hip-hop beats. The other half is following the lives of these socially illiterate teens as they continue to try and fail to figure out how to not be such assholes to one another… fan-fucking-tastic.
C_M_May 9, 2019 2:09 PM
Jul 14, 2019 5:02 PM

Nov 2016
It's over for Blue, well played Heiger.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 25, 2021 6:12 AM

May 2020
Blue's end is going to be pretty pathetic isn't it ? I'm kinda disappointed. I was hoping more from his character than "asshole with daddy issues".

Also, why is anyone surprised at a rebellion ? If anything, I'm surprised that their system didn't collapse earlier. There was no way they could defuse the tension while the bridge members lived in luxury at the expense of the others.
Feb 27, 2023 7:12 PM

Dec 2022
Finally. I respect Heiger even more for instigating this. I don't think "Blue's Betrayal" is a fitting motivator though, considering he is a random thug who hijacked the ship and threatened everyone with a gun to begin with. Maybe "Blue's Continuous Assholery" would be more fitting.

Shaded Horizon

More topics from this board

Poll: » Infinite Ryvius Episode 12 Discussion

Beatnik - Aug 3, 2009

14 by TheVistrian »»
Yesterday, 11:07 PM

Poll: » Mugen no Ryvius Episode 11 Discussion

Farabeuf - Feb 6, 2013

11 by TheVistrian »»
Yesterday, 11:06 PM

Poll: » Infinite Ryvius Episode 10 Discussion

Beatnik - Aug 2, 2009

19 by TheVistrian »»
Yesterday, 11:05 PM

Poll: » Mugen no Ryvius Episode 9 Discussion

Farabeuf - Feb 6, 2013

8 by TheVistrian »»
Yesterday, 11:04 PM

Poll: » Mugen no Ryvius Episode 8 Discussion

Pirating_Ninja - Nov 12, 2013

8 by TheVistrian »»
Yesterday, 11:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.