Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 2, 2009 11:39 AM

Apr 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

This definitely succeeded in making me want to read the manga.
heartpatternedOct 20, 2015 8:58 AM
i am a heron. i haev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak. if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pans
Sep 18, 2009 11:44 PM

Jun 2009
Yeah, I don't know what happened with Kumi either she died or it was a dream. Good stuff, a bit strange but I enjoyed it 8/10
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Sep 19, 2009 8:39 AM

Aug 2008
That was a f*cked up tease. You would think that they'd answer the question of why or how Kumi died! Bastards! Now I'm forced to follow up on this. I hate it when things are left undone.
Sep 19, 2009 2:26 PM

Jun 2009
DonKangolJones said:
That was a f*cked up tease. You would think that they'd answer the question of why or how Kumi died! Bastards! Now I'm forced to follow up on this. I hate it when things are left undone.

It's very obvious that the purpose was to get us to read the manga. They succeeded in my case.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Sep 26, 2009 11:47 AM
Sep 2009
insan3soldiern said:

It's very obvious that the purpose was to get us to read the manga. They succeeded in my case.

I hate this kind of stuff. I'd like to watch more episodes, but I can't stand this kind of story in comic books.
We're just dirty foreigners, our arguments are invalid.
Oct 4, 2009 5:03 AM

May 2009
So it's same to assume that the manga continues past that Yellow Knife event? Or was that last bit made up to end the anime? I'm confused.
Oct 6, 2009 2:15 PM

Nov 2008
I enjoyed this episode quite a lot, because I am a fan of totally screwed-up anime like this. Even if it isn't a complete work, it deserves to have a higher rating than it has.

DeusExMachina said:
So it's same to assume that the manga continues past that Yellow Knife event? Or was that last bit made up to end the anime? I'm confused.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the manga continues past that point.

Unfortunately, as Central Park, who distributed the manga in the west, have went bust, and only the first two chapters of the manga have been scanlated so far, you are either going to have to buy a second hand copy of the manga or wait for the rest of it to be scanlated.
Current FAL Ranking + Previous best::
[
Oct 9, 2009 12:36 AM

Jan 2009
It was pretty "meh."

7/10
Oct 10, 2009 5:50 PM

Jun 2009
flygon250 said:
I enjoyed this episode quite a lot, because I am a fan of totally screwed-up anime like this. Even if it isn't a complete work, it deserves to have a higher rating than it has.

DeusExMachina said:
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the manga continues past that point.

Unfortunately, as Central Park, who distributed the manga in the west, have went bust, and only the first two chapters of the manga have been scanlated so far, you are either going to have to buy a second hand copy of the manga or wait for the rest of it to be scanlated.

Well, that sucks. I was gonna try to find it too.

- Geralt of Rivia
Nov 26, 2009 12:23 PM

Mar 2009
Rightstuf happens to have some 'ultimate collection' in stock that comes with the DVD and all three volumes of the manga in one box. It's only 13 bucks, too, so I'll be getting one myself and making the first post in the manga's forum :D Now if only the sequel were available. . .
This sounds weirdly like advertising, but I like tracking down whatever's available for these obscure things.

And about the actual episode;

QQ
Sep 29, 2011 7:56 AM

Jan 2009
Any kind soul to share what continued in the Manga? Thanks.
May 2, 2012 9:40 PM
Mar 2012
Definitely the best episode of the lot. I say 4/5.

Overall, though... 5/10? And that's being generous.
Jun 14, 2012 3:22 PM

Dec 2010
holydreams said:
Any kind soul to share what continued in the Manga? Thanks.

Lol seriously..

I wish someone would correct me here so as to be sure, but I'm going to throw out my guess here. They give you a couple of hints that Kasumi didn't come out of the "Yellow Kife" in a stable mind set. I think, if I remember correctly, there is a part where her borg says (when she wakes up in the hospital) "you ARE Kasumi, right?" implying that either yellow knife took her over, or that she didn't come out the same person.

From there I think it's decently safe to assume that Kasumi killed her, since she had already tried to kill her after first exiting yellow knife. Either that, or like someone else said, it was another dream.

However, they don't even drop hints at why the fuck the yellow knife was brought there and who was manipulating the aliens (other than the teachers). Also, it's never clear whether the teachers themselves are aliens, or if they just have that weird "borg like" hair.

It's also hard to note how much of this is supposed to be symbolic or not, since they never really set a clear line. You can assume that the song in episode 2 or 3 "everyone is an alien" and the whole alien concept in general can be correlated with puberty, especially since they are in the 6th grade. I also figured that the 3 boys with borgs on their head was a symbolism of being addicted to sex, and their drills were symbolic of.. well yeah. That's a weird spin though.. but it makes sense in its own right.

I gave it a 5/10 overall as well.
Jan 23, 2013 5:13 PM
Jan 2013
Okay, it seems like many of you are wondering what happens after episode 4~ Fortunately, I actually bought all the Alien Nine manga volumes years ago when they came out, including 'Emulators'. (still have them, god I love them)

Needless to say, there are heavy spoilers coming up. I will explain the cliffhangers in Episode 4, and what happened afterwards. Just a warning, this is going to be a little long. If I try to summarize it even shorter, it will make absolutely no sense.

Here we go~

BOOK 2

Right after Kasumi wakes up from the Yellow Knife incident, the story suddenly picks up with Kumi being found dead in the library. Ms. Hisakawa uses Kumi's borg to view her memories of the day, and see what happened. Kumi and the others have slowly suspected something odd to be going on with Kasumi since the Yellow Knife incident. Her borg has been resisting her, and she seems a bit uncaring about others.

But when Kasumi and Yuri are investigating the library for clues to Kumi's death, they are attacked by an alien that looks like one big mass of eyeballs. Ms. Hisakawa realizes through the borg's memories what's going on, and tries to reconstruct Kumi using a healing gel bath. while regenerating from next to nothing, Kumi hears Yuri and Kasumi in trouble with that unexplained link the borg gives them. To reconstruct faster (she's only a head at that point), she fuses with her borg's drills. She's then suddenly seemingly back to normal, going to rescue Kasumi and Yuri in the library.

The story then suddenly picks up with Yuri walking through a forest full of aliens. She almost gets eaten by one, while thinking about how she's trying to make Kumi and Kasumi normal again. The other girls find her in the Forest of Spaceships (an off-limits area that space ships just randomly land in), unconscious, with her borg missing. Yuri's memories are all completely gone, and she acts as if she's a baby. Kumi and Kasumi venture back into the forest to find her borg, which holds all her memories.

They find Yuri's borg, and are attacked. Kumi tells Kasumi to run with Yuri's borg, but Kasumi replies, "I'll be fine, I'm an alien, too." Her pupils change to the Yellow Knife's odd-looking pupils, and her hair turns into drills, slashing apart all the aliens around her, including her own borg. When Kumi is attacked, her arm is seemingly ripped off. But it's revealed to be a sort of skin/shell that's been ripped off, and her arm is shown to be actually completely made of long drills in the inside. They manage to make it back to Yuri and Ms. Hisakawa, Kasumi on a happy, murderous rampage of all the aliens around them as they get there.

Yuri is returned to normal when her borg is given back to her. Kumi is now living with Kasumi, her arm still in drill form. Kasumi ends the chapter with saying that everything is alright with her, because she's not alone anymore.

The last part of book two is Ms. Hisakawa assessing the girls. She commands Kasumi to let her talk to the Yellow Knife inside her. It's revealed that Kasumi is carrying around the Yellow Knife's consciousness inside her, and that he has realized that the 'Drill Clan' isn't the only clan trying to gain control of humans.
Using the healing gel again, Kumi's arm is restored, the drills covered up again by a sort of false skin. She wonders if she's even human anymore, while Ms. Hisakawa doesn't comment.
With Yuri, Ms. Hisakawa simply asks her why she went into the Forest of Spaceships, to which her answer isn't shown.
The book ends with Kumi declaring to Kasumi that she'll do anything to protect Yuri from becoming like them, while drills are randomly protruding from her body in anger.

BOOK 3

(Throughout this book, there's a page per chapter of a conversation between Kumi and Ms. Hisakawa at a restaurant. It reveals that Ms. Hisakawa chose to fuse with the borg, and that it seems like humans have no choice but to fuse with aliens, ever since the first meteor hit. Kumi also comes to realize that she is now an alien.)

Vacation before third semester has just ended, and Yuri's borg starts to look a bit strange. When she's asleep, it looks angry and wanders around the house. As Yuri's borg starts to seem barely respondent and sick, Kasumi seems to be getting more and more violent (with a nice grin on her face). Ms. Hisakawa shows up at Yuri's house the next night, the borg coming out to meet her. She rips off its tail, revealing a drill used to fuse. She gives the borg permission to fuse with Yuri, even though it might seriously hurt Yuri.
Kumi clings to Kasumi with her drills at their house, wanting to be with Yuri. Yuri wakes up as her borg comes at her rabidly with the intent to fuse. Though Yuri refuses, the borg ignores her wishes. Kasumi and Kumi show up in time, using their drills to stop (but not kill) Yuri's borg. Yuri sees Kasumi's drill hair and Kumi's drill-filled body for the first time, now realizing that more has changed with them than just their emotions/personalities.

The next morning, Ms. Okada and Ms. Hisakawa discuss that more alien clans are coming to earth. One of which is the Sunflower Clan, the Drill Clan's enemy. While the Alien Party members are separated doing their own things, Yuri is caught by an alien that looks like a turtle shell with sunflower petals around the rim (it's the same size as the borg). When Yuri goes missing, every goes looking for her. Yuri, now with the sunflower borg on her head, finds Kumi alone and cust off her arms and legs with a thin cord that comes from the sunflower borg (sort of like the borg drills). It controls Yuri's thoughts, making Yuri believe that Kumi is picking on her when she refuses to put a sunflower borg on her head.

Kasumi shows up, showing off a new trick by forming her hair into the shape of the spiral contraptions that popped out of the Yellow Knife back before they fused. With the huge spirals, she sends a mental attack to the sunflower borg and Yuri, disabling them. Unfortunately, a stampede of large aliens controlled by the sunflower borgs manage to distract her while others take away Yuri to the Forest of Spaceships. The large aliens die, though, as the sunflowers callously observe that trying to fuse too fast will kill the host.

Kasumi's hair spirals are explained to Ms. Hisakawa and Ms. Okada, revealing that she can send very strong pinpoint attacks to disable people. While Kumi is healing in the healing gel tub, Yuri (still being mind controlled) shows up and tries to force her to fuse with the sunflower borg again. Though, she is revealed to only be a distraction to Ms. Hisakawa and the alien party, as sunflower borgs invade the Castelia class and try to fuse with other, normal students (including Miyu). All of the other children are too weak to handle the fusion, until the sunflower borgs find the three boys from earlier in the story ( the ones that love aliens and attacked the alien party).

Yuri comes along and gangs up on Kasumi with the three boys. They cut off her hair spirals and try to get her to fuse with a sunflower borg. Kasumi goes berserk, trying to bash the sunflower borg off her head while crying about how she was so happy and that this will ruin her happiness. Yuri snaps out of it just a little to take the sunflower borg off Kasumi's head, though she doesn't know why she did it. Ms. Hisakawa comes along and brutally kills the sunflower borgs, also threatening to kill Yuri. Yuri and her sunflower borg escape before she can.

Kumi helps Kasumi to the healing gel so that her hair can regenerate. Kumi grabs Yuri's hospitalized borg, then goes after Ms. Hisakawa, who's chasing after Yuri with the intent to kill. Kumi manages to stop her teacher just as she's about to kill Yuri. Kumi kills the sunflower borg, then puts her normal borg on Yuri's head.

A really creepy dream sequence happens, where Yuri is the only human in a school of sunflower borgs. She gets elected to be in the alien party (just like in the very beginning) then goes to kill her human friends one by one, without recognizing them. Yuri starts to morph into a sunflower borg. But Yuri stops when she goes to kill Kumi, realizing that something about this situation isn't right. That's when her borg cuts into the dream to remind her that he's her symbiotic partner. Yuri has lost all her memories, except those of Kumi. The borg uses that to pull Yuri back to her old self, though it kills him in the process.

The book ends with Kasumi happily having her regenerated hair brushed, Miyu feeling glad that her class can pick whatever junior high they want because of this incident, Yuri and Kumi looking at the Forest of Spaceships while Kumi hugs her, and Ms. Hisakawa and Ms. Okada guessing that having a choice over what sort of alien clan to fuse with might be better for humans.
At the very end, the three girls are living together, and are getting ready for junior high school. Yuri looks in the mirror and notices that one of the ends of her pigtails is curling like an alien drill.

And that's the Alien Nine series. Long winded explanation, sorry!
There's also Alien Nine: Emulators, which explains a bit more and adds to the previous story by being a direct sequel. Anyone want the summary for that? lol
Mar 10, 2013 1:49 AM

May 2012
Thank you very much for that explanation, now the story doesn't sound like a complete waste of time.
Jul 24, 2014 9:03 AM

May 2012
Pretty fucked up episode but I actually liked the development, the overall character and story development up until the end sure was pretty lovely, the concept was interesting and the way it got executed wasn't bad either! I would've loved to see some more of this series but well all in all it was pretty lovely!
Oct 11, 2014 9:02 PM

Feb 2013
This has now risen to my top, along with Spice and Wolf, series I want to be continued. There must be a sequel!

I don't get why Madoka Magica got so much more attention than this, I assume because it just came out at the right time with the internet hype involved. This coulda been something, but just left incomplete with the misfit shows like Btooom.
Nov 25, 2014 8:19 AM

Dec 2012
i gave this a 6/10 it was going to be a 5. but the last episode was OK and interested me a bit to go and start to read the manga.

All through the whole show i kept wanting to throw something through my screen(but then i would not be able to watch any more anime so i didn't) because of all the dam crying there was way to much crying.

i didn't really like the art style most of the characters ( i liked Kasumi) but the others weren't bad just they didn't have the pop you get when you see some cool/cute characters.

So again 6/10

Dec 8, 2014 1:39 AM

Mar 2012
............................What?

That some weird shit though, Yuri doesn`t fit in that show, she fits perfectly in Hentai series because her voice is God-tier moaning.

If this is an OVA then why they don`t have nipples if they`re naked?

5/10
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Dec 8, 2014 11:25 AM

Feb 2013
Zeta986 said:
If this is an OVA then why they don`t have nipples if they`re naked?

That's an odd assumption to have had.
Apr 6, 2015 1:58 PM
Jan 2012
This was great, I'd love to see a one cour long adaptation.
Aug 6, 2015 3:09 PM

Aug 2014
My reaction through the whole show:

It was enjoyable. A 6 or maybe 7.
Aug 20, 2015 5:39 AM

Sep 2013
This is such an underrated series! The concept is very interesting and the Borgs are cute somehow. It reminded me of FLCL, with the symbolic about growing up and the animation. I think its biggest flaws though are Yuri's constant whining and the end that isn't very conclusive.

Overall a weird but very enjoyable anime ~
Sep 16, 2015 10:00 AM
Jul 2014
Whole lotta cryin' for nothing! Cute characters though.
Sep 26, 2015 4:16 PM

Dec 2012
I wish they continued the anime, it would've been fantastic

I read the manga. It gets weirder. So much weirder.
Oct 28, 2015 8:15 AM

May 2015
Just finished this series myself. I can find some pretty crazy stuff when i just randomly pick and play an anime, this was one of those shows that really got me good. Even from the first episode i could tell that it wasn't normal.

The MC was weirdly emotional, to the point where i still feel like crying even to this moment, i feel this is serious shit. I don't exactly know how much symbolism this series actually had, it's pretty cryptic if you ask me. Or maybe i've been nurtured and conditioned to much by the anime i usually watch. I guess this one fixed me up though huh? XD

I got some serious NGE vibes from this, yuri reminded me of shinji quite a bit. The obscure imagery was quite strange, specifically the alien song, the yellow knife(kasumi's heads) and the tripped out dreams. What i can make out of it though is that, when you're depressed and or young. Things can get extremely tough for you, as seen by yuri's over dramatic emotions. Everybody is an alien to you, you don't really have anybody but you or in this case, the borgs. The last "dream" yuri hs seems to be her dealing with her depression, she is getting stronger and i think that dream was her tying to let go of her depression. I wouldn't have thought that without the borgs dialogue.

The borgs in my eyes is the part of yourself that want's to believe that there is good out there. That life isn't an empty space with nothing in it. I know depression can do that to people, however. I would NOT recommend anybody that is dealing with depression to watch this. I am borderline depressed right now because of this show, very powerful and sad stuff.

i guess i should be glad i found this show though . Usually i don't engage in discussion like this and i doubt anybody will respond. But damn this anime freaked me out aha. If anybody wants to correct me on my deduction and educate me in anything i missed that'd be awesome.
DontYouWishOct 28, 2015 8:21 AM
This is it!, are you ready?
Nov 27, 2015 3:35 AM

Jan 2015
They want me to read the manga, don't they?

9/10
Dec 2, 2015 10:49 AM

Jul 2010
People seriously liked this shit?
Apr 30, 2016 11:32 PM
Oct 2015
Yep. I like it, and I've been told I am a person.
Feb 5, 2017 8:46 AM

Jan 2010
Wait...wat...anyone care to explain what happened at the end? I'm gonna read the manga, but I don't have time now so it's not gonna be soon so I'd like to know what happened actually, because I won't stop thinking about it.
Feb 7, 2017 9:13 PM

Nov 2008
ParoleModel said:

And that's the Alien Nine series. Long winded explanation, sorry!
There's also Alien Nine: Emulators, which explains a bit more and adds to the previous story by being a direct sequel. Anyone want the summary for that? lol

Thank you so much for explaning the manga after the OVA ends since there are no English scans available outta there. And lastly I'd also like to hear short summary of what happened in the Emulator series too if it isn't too much asking.

And yeah that was great and bizzare yet rather underrated series. Full of symbols in grotesque form. No wonder they didn't do any sequel since it gets more violent and guro after the end of episode 4.
Mar 31, 2017 2:18 PM
Mar 2017
lol that credit sequence made the whole show feel like some sort of cruel prank.

It was pretty sadistic to begin with. The cutesy aesthetic just made the violence more jarring, and the way every character besides the protag treated all this weird shit like it's completely normal gave it all a kind of nightmarish surrealism.

But that credit sequence. Man. What a stupid way to end it.

It's refreshing being able to get invested enough to get frustrated by something like that, though.
Apr 21, 2017 1:38 PM

Jun 2016
Here's my one word review of Alien 9: Nyaaaaaaaaaa!

7/10
Jun 18, 2017 2:22 PM

Aug 2007
This was a surprisingly awesome anime.

From what I gather, there is an unlimited number of alien races that are seeking hosts. The drill/borg race seems to be the most reasonable, in the sense that they care about the host's survival. (The only other race we've seen is the Yellow Knife at the end, and they are less than forgiving, as we can see from Kumi's death.) So if there is these vast number of aliens out to get you, why not pick the group that you can have a symbiotic relationship with? It's better than dooming all humans to less savory aliens.

In the same vein, these symbiotic aliens need time to acclimate to their host, which is why the kids go through the training. I figure the school doesn't expect such a huge threat as Yellow Knife to show up so soon, and that in the very least Kasumi is the best candidate to defend others especially in the year worth of training. But Yellow Knife exploits her weakness... which screws over the whole process. The host needs the alien for about a year before they can fuse together, which is the main goal. There also sadly turns into a school competition of sorts, which is sickening in itself. (I believe the boys attacking Yuri was an intentional pressure from the teacher to increase her confidence, but it didn't go very well, as we can see.)

From the manga summary above, it seems Yellow Knife learns to live with Drill, and the Sunflower race is an even bigger threat. I think if you want to look at the anime without the manga, you can take Kumi's death as a foreshadowing of what's to come. So the anime is more of a bad ending versus the manga's alternative good ending? Unless you are able to somehow guess the Kumi's borg has information on her and is struggling to survive so she can be regenerated.

I'm going to rate this a 7/10. I'm taking points off for personal animation taste (those ears were distracting me) and two because this was obviously a ploy to get people into the manga. I don't really appreciate that you NEED to read the manga to really understand the whole scope of what is going on. If this was a standalone, it would get a 9/10 for sure. I'm a huge NGE fan and some of the themes in this anime has some common denominators.
LycanJun 18, 2017 3:26 PM

Jun 22, 2017 1:44 PM

Apr 2016
7/10, decently weird

-~~- Meduka, become meguca -~~- being Meguca is suffering... -~~-
Jul 14, 2017 11:15 AM

Jun 2009
I didn't really love Evangelion like a lot of people, and... this just felt like a shorter, less cool Evangelion.

But it did have some nice animation, so it gets a 6/10.
Aug 31, 2017 1:31 PM

Nov 2016
The main character and the animation left a lot to be desired. Still the story was rather interesting so I'll give it a 6/10
Oct 12, 2017 10:37 AM

May 2016
The last episode managed to top the weirdness of all of the previous episodes combined. It seems that Yellow Knife screwed with my head as much as they screwed with theirs.

YK going in Kasumi's stomach while pretending to be her long-sought brother is basically what happened to her outside the hallucinations only in a larger scale. Because of that, she's more spaced out probably due to being busy talking to the alien inside her. Strangling her so badly like that though...Yuri get a grip on those hands pls she's dying xD

After drinking something that is most likely Megumi pee IV, Kumi's Borg crawled over to her dead body. Why did she die all of a sudden ;-; Quite a clever trick to get me to read the manga but I'm content with this I guess. Yuri's still a crybaby lol

Oct 14, 2017 3:29 AM

Oct 2012
What a trip.
Just wish that Yuri gained a little more confidence by the end =/
Nov 5, 2017 8:08 AM
Jul 2018
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good shit go౦ԁ sHit👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌shit right👌👌there👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯 i say so 💯 thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good shit
Sep 13, 2018 11:35 AM

Jun 2013
I was cheated by genres. A great piece of shit.
Dec 23, 2018 11:53 AM

Apr 2015
Feel bad for Yuri. The OVA ended on "well, she's terrified lmao, guess it'll be over eventually maybe?". It did, however, create an extremely fascinating world that makes me want to read the manga (though I see someone above gave detailed spoilers so I might just go with those).

7/10
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Mar 16, 2019 9:50 PM

Mar 2016
This managed to be the least fucked up anime I've seen today.

Are they really going to do the psyche-invasion: 'you're all alone' shit on the character who said nothing but 'nya?' Kasumi is both competent and retarded at the same time, she basically is already an alien.

Way too bland and uneven to have any impact whatsoever. Even the atmosphere, which took all of the preceding episodes to cultivate, was completely wasted in this fourth one. I don't even care about what happened in the credits, the story is obviously suffering for sufferings sake.

But, this OVA series should be praised for its visuals. The designs and the roundness, the colors, the motion it all looks really good.
syncrogazerMar 16, 2019 10:06 PM
Jun 1, 2019 5:41 PM

Oct 2015
I think Kasumi is alive, but I'm wondering what triggered those things in yellow knife to blow up? Yellow Knife existence is still a mystery, Megu did state that it said it wasn't supposed to be there in the first place. I really wanted to know more about those aliens that constantly attack the school, why are they making grade students to fight them? What are Borgs really? What are the principal and Megumi hiding? When will Yuri stop being such a whiny ass? These are the most crucial questions the series didn't answer.

I enjoyed it and the animation art was cute, but those ears though!

6/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jun 3, 2019 2:39 PM

Nov 2016
It was a nice OVA, but also wtf inducing and I would've loved to get some closure, for sucks sake. That said, still cool open ending.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 22, 2020 5:12 PM
Jan 2017
I read the 1st couple of books of the manga prior to this and didnt think much of it thought the name could liven it up or me and boy that last episode WTF!?! I saw the explanation as to what es on after all this but still this was too odd for me. I mean focusing on just the anime itself its was mostly just main chaarcter whining and reams that seemigly went no where other than giving the M.C more time to whine. Then it just goes bannanas by the end of episode 3 with yep we ate one of the main characters was it a dream? nope! and for that its a shame cause thats where this woulda reallly picked up for me.

other than than the voice acting was nice and I liked the artstyle.
but due to the lack o story for the ova and not including the manga I'd gve this ova a 3/10
Feb 18, 2020 8:56 PM

Dec 2015
Just finished this OVAs. Weird enough and pretty unique to keep me watching. Really wish it's longer tho.

Hopefully I can find all the manga and also the sequels. Really want to know more about the alien or whoever motives behind all this

6.5/10
Mar 12, 2020 5:39 AM

Jan 2011
One of those series I've vaguely heard about being weird over the years, and it's nice to see it lived up to the label. Could have done without the "read the manga" baiting during the ED though, so it'd feel a bit more self-contained.
Jul 18, 2021 2:39 AM

Feb 2014
Yo that was so bad. Like the last episode and overall. It started off with an interesting premise, albeit a little weird (but weirdness isn't inherently bad), and I was hoping we would learn more about the world and learn about what was going on and why things were the way they were, but nope. We just got scene after scene of disturbing stuff happening, without any real explanation. I was hoping it would get better but after each episode it got worse and worse. I think it was successful in the aspect that it created an atmosphere, but like we never knew why or anything. I guess the manga is longer and that's why this didn't seem like an ending with close and I assume stuff is explained there, but the anime doesn't really explain anything all that well. Also wtf was up with the ending credits and Kumi randomly getting murdered??? Disappointed, I had been planning to watch it for a while and I was hoping I would enjoy it, but I really didn't like it for the most part. 3-4/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 5, 2021 10:24 PM

Jun 2020
the ending was definitely not the best but theres something about the cute girl / alien dichotomy and the character designs that leave me entranced in this show and wanting more
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Alien Nine Episode 1 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - Sep 18, 2009

41 by lasodamos »»
Mar 23, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Alien Nine Episode 3 Discussion

23 by Fabrizio00 »»
Mar 7, 3:08 AM

Poll: » Alien Nine Episode 2 Discussion

38 by Fabrizio00 »»
Mar 6, 9:36 PM

» Where can I watch this subbed?

Purple_Gh0st24 - Feb 27, 2019

3 by Androide911 »»
Jul 27, 2022 12:28 AM

» Is it faithful to the manga?

Marfusa - Apr 16, 2019

3 by Damega621 »»
May 31, 2021 9:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.