Forum Settings
Forums
Sep 20, 2008 12:14 AM

The best for me is easily FFVIII(Though XIII might change that>.>). Still to this date the opening gives me chills.

Worst would probably be Dirge of Cerberus(if that counts).

Sep 20, 2008 1:55 AM

I liked the VII and X.

The one I didn't like much were the VIII and X-2.

Sep 21, 2008 8:50 AM
Best: FFIV, FFV, FFVI, FFVIII
Worst: FFI, FFX, FFX-2

Sep 21, 2008 8:53 AM

FFT ftw though the story was wierd
Favs : FFT, FFVI, FFVIII, FFVII
Hates: FFXII, FFMQ, FFT-A
the rest are bleh ;) well thats just my opinion.
XII was jsut too much of an MMORPG grindfest, FFMQ was omgboring & cruddy and seemed to be akids game, and FFT-A was a cheap knockoff of FFT.

Sep 21, 2008 12:23 PM

leizaR said:
FFT ftw though the story was wierd
Favs : FFT, FFVI, FFVIII, FFVII
Hates: FFXII, FFMQ, FFT-A
the rest are bleh ;) well thats just my opinion.
XII was jsut too much of an MMORPG grindfest, FFMQ was omgboring & cruddy and seemed to be akids game, and FFT-A was a cheap knockoff of FFT.

*Huggles FFXII from the hate*

Really, when was XII a MMORPG grindfest? You could be underleveled and still beat the hell out of a tough boss with no need of leveling whatsoever if you formulate the right set of gambits. Seriously, what mattered in XII was equipment, and gambits. Not levels.

Sep 21, 2008 3:29 PM

Orange-kun said:
DallasX said:
The story was pretty off and there wasnt even any character evolvement in it.

Yes there was, did we play the same game?

Worst IMO is X.

Hmm maybe we didnt XD. Well if you compare the evolvement of the characters in FFXII with anyother FF you can see a change on the characters near the end of the games Zidane, Squall, Cloud, Tidus they all changes mutch but in FFXII they didnt change that mutch... If you know what I mean XD

Oct 2, 2008 5:39 PM
My fav. final fantasy game would be FF7 the story line is the best.

The worst final fantasy game would be X-2. It was just not as good as the first one.

Oct 2, 2008 8:04 PM

Of the ones I've played, FFVII and FFX are definitely my favorites. FFXII was a solid game as well, but I had a bit more to gripe about with it than the others. The worst is probably FFX-2, since the battle system is about the only decent part in the entire game. Dirge of Cerberus was pretty bad as well - the gameplay was crappy and all the cutscenes were just geared towards making Vincent look cool - but I have a hard time considering it a FF game anyway.

Oct 2, 2008 8:54 PM

best: FFIX
worst: FFVIII

Oct 2, 2008 9:39 PM

I've played FFI, FFII, FFIII, FFIV, FFVII, FFVIII, FFIX, FFX, FFX-2, FFXII.

BEST: FFX. I sound like a nub but I just found it to be better then the rest.

WORST: FFIII. 3 was good to an extent (expected of FF), but the characters were bland and was just boring overall. Yeah, it did have the class system going for it though. The reason X-2 isn't here is probably because of the battle system.

I'm in dire need of playing V and VI.

Oct 3, 2008 1:56 AM

FFVII is my fav

FFVIII is probably my least favorite, if I counted X-2 as an actual game that one

Oct 3, 2008 2:07 AM

Favorite FF VIII

Least favorite: FF VII

Oct 3, 2008 2:13 AM

KrylonBlue said:
Favorite FF VIII

Least favorite: FF VII

you my friend...suck at life

Oct 3, 2008 8:51 AM

Having played most FF games i would think of it something like this:
VIII, IX, X, VI, VII, IV, V, XII, X-2, I

Would have rated X-2 higer if it had followed the way X was. It really only had the battle system, opening cinematic and the Almost perfect ending going for it.
The rest was So so.

Also played III and II but i cant really rate them since i don't understand japanese and i havent played the DS/PSP version of the game.

All played only on the original console except VIII (PSX and PC) VII (PSX and PC) IV (Snes and DS).
Modified by Lacrimosus, Oct 3, 2008 8:54 AM

Image made by codezeror.

Oct 3, 2008 8:17 PM

I actually haven't played much (Although I'm getting there...), but for me, it'd be a tie between VIII and IX for the best. I'm currently playing VII, and at the moment I'd say it's third on my list, although that may change when I'm done the game.

Oct 4, 2008 9:04 AM

I played from ff7 to 12 (excluding the online ff11).
I said 7 is the best because the story and music is perfect though 12 is close with its graphic and new battle system...
The worst would be X-2...girls?anyone?
They see me trollin', they hatin'.

Oct 4, 2008 10:19 AM

the FFs i liked the best would be FFVIII, FFVII,FFIX,FFIV
worst for me was FFX, FFX-2 and FFXII

tho i haven't played enough of FFI,FFII or FFVI to know where to put it in the list

oko za oko, zub za zub - eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth

Oct 4, 2008 10:23 AM

Ok

FF VI Have the best History ever
FF VII Is tjhe top seller and amost a legend
FF VIII Have the best final EVER in a game (almost 30 Minutes O_o~

FF IX ... No coments,
FF X I amost Cried at the end, so sad T_T
FF X-2 They ruined the End of FF X
FF XII - Man...What the hell was that...Balthier Saves the game of a total desaster...

Oct 4, 2008 11:09 AM
VII was too overrated. I'd say X was the best.

Oct 4, 2008 11:34 AM

Best: FFVI.
Worst: FFX, FFXI if you want to count it (which I don't).

"You live and learn. At any rate, you live." ~Douglas Adams (RIP)

Oct 5, 2008 5:15 PM

hmm so far i have only played FF VIII, FF IX and FF X-2 and planning to get FF XII soon but~ out of the 3 i have played X-2 is the worst while VIII and IX are both tied for best although i like VIII's story lots more

Oct 5, 2008 6:11 PM

Hm, I've played them all and it's kinda hard to choose. While FFVII will have a special place for me it's definitely not "the best" of the series.

I'd have to say Final Fantasy VI (Final Fantasy III for North American SNES owners) could be called the best, although Final Fantasy Tactics and the very first Final Fantasy are right up there. I really love FFXI too, but that's just cause I'm an MMO junkie

Worst is the easier to say. FFX-2, there is NO debate about that, it was horrible. Though the fact that they made Rikku's costume even SKIMPIER is shocking, plus a little sad and pathetic.
I hate World of Warcraft

Oct 5, 2008 6:19 PM

Final Fantasy VIII and Final Fantasy X are my all time favorites

Final Fantasy XII is my least Favorite

Oct 5, 2008 9:39 PM

I honestly enjoyed VIII and XII the most, with VI right behind; disliking-wise, I'd say IX takes that prize, never did finish it though.

Oct 5, 2008 10:36 PM

My favorite is either IV or V.

I didn't like II all that much.

Oct 6, 2008 2:08 AM

FFXI was prolly the best i played it for 3 years before i got bored of it the others lasted onry a couple of days.
FF7 was great in terms of story
FF9 was my least favorite, couldnt get into the story and didnt like the characters that much

Oct 6, 2008 4:00 AM

FFIX is my favorite. >.>; The worst is FFX2.

Oct 6, 2008 10:12 AM

Seaslugs said:
My favorite is either IV or V.

I like you.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.

Oct 7, 2008 4:23 AM

Skirt said:

I like you ^^

Oct 7, 2008 7:17 AM

Maglor said:
Skirt said:

I like you ^^

*high-fives* ^^

Oct 7, 2008 8:03 AM

I hate you all!
:D

Seriously though, where is all the Tactics love? I want my FFs full of war, poverty, famine, child abuse, Machiavellian conspiracies, assassinations and corrupt religions.

Eigi man ek þá lǫg jómsvikinga ef ek kviði við bana eða mæla ek æðruorð. Eitt sinn skal hverr deyja

Oct 7, 2008 8:28 AM

I played a little bit of tactics for the PS1. But quickly ended up giving it to my cousin.
Not because I didn't like it, because I did. For one it was very beautiful.
But he had really wanted that game for a long time.

I played Final Fantasy Tactics Advance as well, but it wasn't near as good as Final Fantasy Tactics for the PS1. I really need to get another copy of that game, because Tactics Advance isn't cutting it by a long shot.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.

Oct 7, 2008 8:57 AM

Worst would have to be X-2 followed closely by XII. If you count spinoffs, they're all bad (oh god, Rings of Fate made me cry). III was also very terribad, too much grinding. I never got into any of the tactics either.

Best? I'd say X because it required no effort :D I never got into VII, I only finished it so I could watch Advent Children (and say that I finished it).
LEGENDOFTHEGALACTICHEROESLEGENDOFTHEGALACTI

Oct 7, 2008 9:15 AM

ah, yeah... I'm completely unmotivated to even get through a third of XII.

Oct 7, 2008 9:49 AM

ukonkivi said:
I played a little bit of tactics for the PS1. But quickly ended up giving it to my cousin.
Not because I didn't like it, because I did. For one it was very beautiful.
But he had really wanted that game for a long time.

I played Final Fantasy Tactics Advance as well, but it wasn't near as good as Final Fantasy Tactics for the PS1. I really need to get another copy of that game, because Tactics Advance isn't cutting it by a long shot.

The Tactics Advance games may be entertaining, but that's all they have going for them.
If you have a PSP, I'd recommend FFT: War of the Lions. Not only does it include some completely unnecessary extra characters, but the Dark Knight class is unlockable, and it's unbelievably badass.

Eigi man ek þá lǫg jómsvikinga ef ek kviði við bana eða mæla ek æðruorð. Eitt sinn skal hverr deyja

Oct 7, 2008 10:10 AM

Final Fantasy VII - In my opinion is the BEST EVER

- I play since VI, and since VIII in my opinion the makers begins to dont care much about the story.

Oct 8, 2008 6:21 AM
The worst one would be X-2, if that even qualifies as a proper FF game.

As for the best one... While I do have fond memories of Final Fantasy 7 from when I first played it, I just can't seem to enjoy it these days. Actually, I don't particularly like any of them anymore, so I can't answer this question.

Oct 8, 2008 8:05 PM

Skirt said:
FFIX is my favorite.

FFIX is seriously under rated, most people i know will say FFVII or FFX are the best but they are too overated in my opinion even tho FFVII is one of my fave FFs

hknamida said:

i never finished it, got to a point in it and then couldn't take any more and started playing another game

oko za oko, zub za zub - eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth

Oct 9, 2008 2:52 AM

CERBERUS IS LIEK THE WORST .. ever lol

.. okay ..maybe it;s juts bcoz it was a shooting gaem lawl :D

Oct 9, 2008 3:36 AM

deadbird666 said:
bcoz it was a BAD shooting gaem lawl :D

fixed.

FF needs a proper FPS game. I want to play as a Soldier or Galabadian infantryman. That would be epic. How about a VIII prequel focusing on Laguna's time in the Galabadian army? In VIII magic is not available for common use, and if you overlook Kiros and Ward's inconceivable weapons, there's no reason you can't make it work like a proper FPS.

Oct 9, 2008 5:51 AM
Setesch said:
hknamida said:

i never finished it, got to a point in it and then couldn't take any more and started playing another game

Same here. I've actually tried three times without ever finishing it. Even the first time, I had pretty low expectations, which were promptly confirmed. The second time, I figured I'd finish it just so I could say I did, which also failed. The third time I played it out of sheer spite, but even that wasn't enough.

Mar 25, 2018 11:20 AM

I've played chunks of alot of Final Fantasy games. But I only finished 7, 10, and 12.

Of those 3, I rate them in the order they were released. My general impression of the series is it peaked around 6-10 , and has been rather insconsistent mess since the critically acclaimed X , and a bit too archaic for me before 6.

- I played alot of VIII but got stuck on a late game boss due to playing the game blind and not understanding the game mechanics very well. I did some research at the time and discovered I fucked up with the junctioning magic system and it became too much of a headache for me to go back and rectify. But this was 2005-2006 , its been over 10 years so playing it now might be a better experience

- I played through the first two disks of IX in Fall 2015 . I thought this first half of IX was okay but nothing really gripped me into either the plot or characters like they did in 7 or 10 , so it kinda felt like I forcing myself through it. I also had read somewhere the game forces you to play the card game in the 3rd disk and that pissed me off bad , I think its a cardinal gaming sin to force side games on the player. Might replay and go all the way through it later .

Mar 25, 2018 11:23 AM

FFX is my favorite

FF2 sucks shit

Mar 25, 2018 11:38 AM

Oh yea I necroed this thread because I thought the discussion would be more interesting , since 13 series and 15 was released in the last 10 years since this thread died.

Funnily enough, all that time passed and video game technology has skyrocketed to insane levels especially with 4K gaming and VR stuff. But the actually quality of mainline FF games seems to be rather dissapointing in the "Modern" era.

I'm not sure if I'll ever try to force myself through 15. I tried doing that with 13 and got burned pretty bad. My initial impressions with seeing 15 trailers through the years and watching a couple reviews is that I hate that they lock your party to only 4 dudes that all wear samey looking clothing, and almost every review I could find seem to agree the story wasn't coherent and you have to view/play alot of supplementary material to really appreciate it. I think, I may play it eventually if they ever sell an edition of the game that has literally everything in 1 package (all game, DLC, movies, manga, whatever else). I think its lazy game design when you have to do a bunch of stuff outside of the game to understand and appreciate it.

XIII was a total flop with me, I hate 3 character party system in general , the story is a mess , the characters are terrible. I played through a big portion of the game and got stuck on a late game boss (Simular to my experience in FF 8 lol) around the time the game first came out. And then they released 13-2 and 13-3 , which admitedly I cant comment much on since i never even finished the first installment.

Mar 25, 2018 11:47 AM

Best: All of them
Shit: FFX

Mar 25, 2018 11:55 AM

My top 3 FF games would be FF VIII, FF IX and FF XV. Although FF8 is technically the one with the most apparent script issues, besides the really well-executed love story, the main plot as a whole is kinda poorly written.
And FF 15 is fantastic if you're getting the full experience but to get the most out of it you'll have to buy the Season Pass, which fixes some glaring plot holes and adds a lot more content.

FF 9 is a fantastic game though, the battles are pretty slow which can be annoying but other than that it's perfect.
Charming world, charming cast, a really enjoyable story with a lot of unexpected emotional twists and probably one of the best love stories in the series. (technically, 8, 9 and 10 are the only games
in the series that are truly love stories though, the others either don't have any romance or it's a sub-plot)

The worst game in the series would be Final Fantasy 2.
Anime List|Manga List | Discord: Azureal#8469

Mar 25, 2018 5:25 PM

13-2 is my favorite tbh... I know everyone likes to shit on 13 but I've played and finished them all (except 11, 14, and 15) and the 13 trilogy was what really ended up being my favorite. I have to give massive love to the Dollet Invasion sequence in 8 though... I probably played that bit of the game 20 times as a kid, it's so badass.

Edit: I forgot to include the worst one lol. 12 by far. There was literally nothing I liked about that game, and I hate it probably more than any other game I've played in my whole life. It's such a mess. I could write an essay on how bad it is and why.
Modified by GiantTurtle0, Mar 26, 2018 2:14 PM
oh dear it seems i've been Owned on myanimelist.com by a user who rated oreimo 10 stars

Mar 25, 2018 11:49 PM

I love me some Tactics and X

X-2 though, that hurt

Mar 26, 2018 7:10 AM

midnightblade said:
Funnily enough, all that time passed and video game technology has skyrocketed to insane levels especially with 4K gaming and VR stuff. But the actually quality of mainline FF games seems to be rather dissapointing in the "Modern" era.
I blame FF10 despite it being probably the last game in the franchise to have genuinely good gameplay. FF10 was the turning point in the franchise where there was a clear shift in visual focus. You could trace this back to FF7's ambition to present an even more cinematic experience than before, but FF10 doubled those efforts and was extremely popular for its visual quality paired with the story it presented.

I really wish the franchise didn't change hands, because even though I hate FF10 more than anyone else on this board, FF13 and FF15 are much much worse.

Mar 26, 2018 7:17 AM
wolf brigadier

Hamel said:
Worst FFX-2

This. What the hell were they thinking with FFX-2!?

Bölvat es okkr, bróðir,
bani em ek þinn orðinn;
þat mun æ uppi;
illr er dómr norna.
-Hlöðskviða
(The Battle of the Goths and Huns)

Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »