Forum Settings
Forums
Apr 12, 2007 11:36 AM

I've played 7-12 and I have to say FFVIII is my all time favorite. The story was great, cool characters, nice summons etc.

For the worst I'm gonna have to say a tie between FFIX and X-2. They just plain sucked. Props to X-2 for the costumes though.

Apr 12, 2007 12:58 PM

I have to say VII is the worst, it's overrated. The graphics sure is awsome but I just don't like it.

Best is Final fantasy tactics, do I have to say more? =o

Apr 12, 2007 1:15 PM

Best Final Fantasy Tactics (not advanced ><)
Worst FFX-2

Apr 12, 2007 1:15 PM

I haven't played as many Final Fantasies as the rest of you but my favourite is FFX. Great story, great graphics, one of if not the most memorable endings in video games, loved the battle system since enemies were well balanced etc. Although honourable mentions go out to FFVII for changing the face of RPGs back in 1997 (10 years ago, although now it's taken for granted, however I still didn't like FFVII :P), FFXII and Final Fantasy Tactics.

The worst Final Fantasy I've ever played would probably have to be FFIX, for the same reasons Panda said, it sucked!
Modified by zanmato666, Apr 12, 2007 1:19 PM

Apr 12, 2007 1:18 PM

Actully 9 in my opinion is one of the better FFs X:

Apr 12, 2007 1:50 PM

FFIX is my favorite of the main series. I dont really dislike any FF that I've played...I guess I would have to say FF1 =/

Apr 12, 2007 2:31 PM
ff: DoC isnt that good ^^^

ffx and ffvii are my favs though atm ^^

ffvi kinda rocks aswell :)

Apr 12, 2007 2:59 PM

Apr 12, 2007 3:54 PM

Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy V / VI (can't decide the position between them)
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy IX

in that order, from best to worst. Haven't played X-2, XI doesn't count and I haven't even played it. The same with XII. I've tried I, II and IV but not that much to have any comment on them because what I've played 'em is few hours from the start.
Truly yours, Arinohyoshi

~ Join the SOL Brigade Today! ~ Save our World by Overloading it with Lolis! ~

Apr 12, 2007 9:21 PM

I wish I played Tatics. >_>;

VII was great and X is right up there too!

Apr 12, 2007 9:24 PM

I haven't really finished any FF games if I think about it. A bit of VII, VIII, VIX, X, X-2, XII, Tactics and Tactics Advanced. The only one out of all those I actually finished was X. I liked Tactics the most though. Thought it had the most engaging story. I thought most of the games were alright, cept for maybe X-2 and even XII (which was rather disappointing storywise).

Apr 13, 2007 3:07 PM

I've only played FFX, FFX-2, and FFIII, so I can't really really say which is best and which is worst.

I absolutely loved FFX though... So... pwetty. FFX-2 was okay, didn't like the % complete stuff, though.

Apr 13, 2007 3:14 PM

out of the ones i played, FFIX i think is the best, and i hated FFX-2.

Apr 13, 2007 8:17 PM

My favorites are FFVII and FFX. I don't really care what's overrated and what's underrated.

Least favorite is definitely XII, hands down. It's probably the only FF I really hate.

Apr 14, 2007 6:26 AM

VII and VI are my personal favourites, VIII, imo, was the worst.

Apr 14, 2007 2:42 PM

I honestly can't decide the worst since I like them all, but here's my top favorites;

1 - Final Fantasy Tactics
2 - Final Fantasy VI
3 - Final Fantasy XII
4 - Final Fantasy IV
5 - Final Fantasy VIII

Sobzob said:
I have to say VII is the worst, it's overrated. The graphics sure is awsome but I just don't like it.

Best is Final fantasy tactics, do I have to say more? =o
Shiki said:
Best Final Fantasy Tactics (not advanced ><)
Worst FFX-2
omgz I though I was the only one!? D:!! *tears of joy*

(About FFT lol)

Apr 14, 2007 4:55 PM

I've only played FFX, FFX-2, and FFIII.

I didn't dislike any of them, though FFIII doesn't have enough cutscenes. :/
FFX is easily the best of the three.

Apr 15, 2007 12:13 PM
Best is Tactics for sure, FFX is right up there imo.

Worst is probably tied between FFVII (for reasons others have mentioned), and X-2. X-2 was pure fan service (and kinda fun, but... not a great game).

Apr 16, 2007 6:36 PM

FFX has to have been my favourite so far (played VII, VIII, X, X-2 and XII)

I didn't really like X-2. It was fun, but not up to Final Fantasy standards.

Apr 16, 2007 7:05 PM

Best for me would have to be FFX or FFXII. I liked how they went into a different perspective for the battle system although i missed having all the old summons.

Worst for me would have to be FFVIII. I just couldnt stand the whole draw magic crap.
Video Games Don't Make Me Violent. Stupid People Who Think Video Games Make Me Violent Are the Ones Who Make Me Violent.

Apr 16, 2007 7:16 PM

FF VII, VIII, X, XII, and Tactics are by far the best.

FF IX, X-2, XI not so much.

Apr 16, 2007 7:58 PM

Sobzob said:
I have to say VII is the worst, it's overrated.

Worst and overrated are two very different terms. Even if FFVII is overrated (which it probably is), it isn't the worst one. In my opinion, that title belongs to FFX-2. Thus far it's the only game in the series that I can't even force myself to sit through. The battle system isn't too bad, but it's utterly lacking in substance.

As for the best, I have a hard time deciding there. I'm very fond of FFVII, FFX and FFXII, for different reasons. I love the materia system and the atmosphere of FFVII, but FFX has a better limit break and summoning system and being able to swap characters mid-battle is great. But I prefer FFXII's story - it's just more real, I suppose, and I like that it varies from the typical RPG formula where an emo loner or a headstrong kid ends up having to save the world for some reason and falling in love with the female lead in the process. Its characters had more believable goals and such.

So they all have their good qualities, I guess. But if I did have to pick a favorite I think it'd be FFXII.

Apr 25, 2007 4:50 AM

best: FF6
Worst FF8

I hated the Junction system and only having magic if i draw it..so after drawing magic, which i rarely did, i had to junction what little magic i had therefor never having any. so when i came to this mini boss that i could only hurt with magic, game over...and i pretty much stopped playing there.

Apr 25, 2007 5:04 AM

Best is FFVI or IX

Apr 25, 2007 5:23 AM

SHAD3ALCHEMIST said:
Best is FFVI or IX

BOOYAH! IX FTW!

Apr 25, 2007 6:50 AM

ReverseHarem said:
SHAD3ALCHEMIST said:
Best is FFVI or IX

BOOYAH! IX FTW!

:D

I've been playing it recently on emulator :P
PS2 controller adapter, so it's all good B)

Apr 25, 2007 6:14 PM
Vermillion

Worst FF is V with IX close behind. Those two I ended up beating just for the sake of completion and never bothered picking them up again.

Best for me would be VII followed by VI.

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.

Apr 25, 2007 6:23 PM
final fantasy vi was my favorite...it was what got me hooked to the series...ff vii is close behind...

as for the worst, i have to say x-2 as well...it just felt like a rehash of ffx with yuna being a pop star...i also heard crystal chronicles was really bad, but i didn't bother getting that game so i dunno...

Apr 28, 2007 5:54 AM

I would say VII is my favourite...
As for most hated, I do believe that title will befall FFX2...

Eigi man ek þá lǫg jómsvikinga ef ek kviði við bana eða mæla ek æðruorð. Eitt sinn skal hverr deyja

Apr 28, 2007 10:39 PM

I gotta say the best is 7.

I didnt really care for tactics that much but I would have to say 12 is the worst so far. I havent beat it yet so my opinion might change.
We explore... And you call us criminals. We exist without skin color, without nationality, without religious bias... And you call us criminals. You build atomic bombs, you wage wars, you murder, you cheat, and lie to us and try to make us believe it's for our own good, yet we're the criminals.

Apr 28, 2007 10:48 PM

It looks like FFX-2 wins for worst one lol.

Apr 28, 2007 10:55 PM

I happen to like X-2.

And not just because Rikku was hott!

There were other reasons too!

Wait, what was that game even about?
We explore... And you call us criminals. We exist without skin color, without nationality, without religious bias... And you call us criminals. You build atomic bombs, you wage wars, you murder, you cheat, and lie to us and try to make us believe it's for our own good, yet we're the criminals.

Apr 28, 2007 10:59 PM

My point exactly. It's not the most memorable FF.

Basically about Yuna finding Tidus while encountering clones of themselves from a past life who have issues yada yada blah blah.

Apr 28, 2007 11:09 PM

Was Tidus even real or what? Didnt the faith make him or did he really travel in time?

Apr 28, 2007 11:25 PM
Yusuke said:
Was Tidus even real or what? Didnt the faith make him or did he really travel in time?

i don't remember since it's been so long since i played ffx or ffx-2...i do remember that in order to get ffx-2's "super secret awesome ending" you had to get 100% completion in the game...i followed a strategy guide but at my end game, i only had like 99.7% complete or something...

i was so pissed...there was no way i was going to play through the entire game again to get the remaining .03% so i said screw it and downloaded the ending off the internet and watched it...never in my life had i felt so unsatisfied after finishing a game...

Apr 29, 2007 3:11 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tidus
Wikipedia is your friend XD
And I must say, I did enjoy the ending of FFX...A little tragedy never hurt anyone, eh?
But then they had to ruin it all in X2 .__.
The 100% ending made me sad ;__;

Eigi man ek þá lǫg jómsvikinga ef ek kviði við bana eða mæla ek æðruorð. Eitt sinn skal hverr deyja

Apr 30, 2007 6:50 PM

Thank god I knew about the 100% completion before. I bought a $2 used strategy guide (good condition!) and did every detail thus getting the real ending! I'm used to "mastering" games but I wouldn't do this one again. @_@

Apr 30, 2007 7:24 PM

Baman said:
Wikipedia is your friend XD

Wikipedia is not your friend. Do you have any idea how many times they are wrong?

Apr 30, 2007 9:54 PM

NietonoNoShana said:
I honestly can't decide the worst since I like them all, but here's my top favorites;

1 - Final Fantasy Tactics
2 - Final Fantasy VI
3 - Final Fantasy XII
4 - Final Fantasy IV
5 - Final Fantasy VIII

That's a good list except that FFVII should replace FFVIII. FFVIII's game system was a little weak.
"You know nothing about women"
"Of course not, i'm a man!"
-Guts

Apr 30, 2007 11:03 PM

Best: I - XII sans XI. I cant pick just one because they were all good to me except...

Worst: Tactics and Mystic Quest. Both sucked a big one.

Though besides VII the only other one Ive managed to beat is X-2.
Modified by Vend, Apr 30, 2007 11:11 PM

May 3, 2007 6:25 PM

Best: IX
Worst: II

I do like most of them though.

May 4, 2007 7:25 AM

Vend said:
Best: I - XII sans XI. I cant pick just one because they were all good to me except...

Worst: Tactics and Mystic Quest. Both sucked a big one.

Though besides VII the only other one Ive managed to beat is X-2.

Mystic Quest is really a Spin-Off of FF Series and targeted for USA gamers-only, it was released in japan as "Final Fantasy USA: Mystic Quest" >_>; I know creepy...

Mystic Quest in Europe is really Final Fantasy Adventures, so... FF:Mystic Quest = Mystic Quest Legend.

May 12, 2007 10:59 PM

Not sure about best, but favorite would have to be FF6 and FF Tactics.

Worst for me would probably be FF X-2. If it weren't for the lingo/dialogue it might of been different.

May 16, 2007 7:40 PM

I can't wait for FF7 crisis core for on the psp! :>

Aug 13, 2008 2:26 AM

I love Final Fantasy IX and X
The worst of em would be FF X-2

Aug 13, 2008 2:39 AM

I've played only VI , VII and VIII ;_;

I liked both VI and VII, thought I didn't manage to beat VI, but it was so cool playing it... well, while it lasted. VIII wasn't that bad either, so I can't really say that I have worst games in my life :P
''... you know what? As a writer, I bring life into those who will experience happiness, sadness, torment and love in stories I write. They will have the opportunity to discover what being important means... and all because I will never be able to do the same as they could. If I could, I would put myself in their place right now. But no, my magic isn't like that...''

Aug 13, 2008 10:56 AM

I don't know why a lot of people don't like IX, cuz it's my most favorite FF ever. <3 ( FFX is my next fave)

I'm surprised no one's mentioned FF XI yet. I hate that one the most. ><

Aug 13, 2008 11:16 AM

NietonoNoShana said:

Mystic Quest is really a Spin-Off of FF Series and targeted for USA gamers-only, it was released in japan as "Final Fantasy USA: Mystic Quest" &gt;_&gt;; I know creepy...

Mystic Quest in Europe is really Final Fantasy Adventures, so... FF:Mystic Quest = Mystic Quest Legend.

I may also add Super Mario 2 when released in Japan was called "Super Mario USA" but in Japan the title already was released as something else: Yume Kōjō: Doki Doki Panic. I find it funny for companies to add USA to the title lol

Just for the record:
The gameboy "Final Fantasy Legends" series is actually the SaGa series.
And then the Mana series branched off from Final Fantasy Adventure.
Keep in mind if we talk about these.

ChibiMilly said:
I don't know why a lot of people don't like IX, cuz it's my most favorite FF ever. <3 ( FFX is my next fave)

For every game you love there's a dedicated group who doesn't.

My fav is X and VII. I cannot get into II very much.
Modified by Kuronoa, Aug 13, 2008 12:40 PM

Aug 13, 2008 12:16 PM

My favourite has to be FFIX as it was really the first ever RPG I played, plus it has Vivi in it who is my favourite character in any of em.

Next favourite is Crystal Chronicles, which is the closest I've ever gotten to completing Final Fantasy, my Selke got so close, damn Rio-Maem...

Aug 13, 2008 12:28 PM

Best is a close call between V and IX

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »