Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Aug 8, 2009 7:13 PM

Feb 2009

The animation surprised me, because I taught they were going to be like this, but their size in this picture is the size we see on the manga, at the anime they are a little bit taller, but it was a spectacular episode, one of the best of shippuuden.
Aug 15, 2009 3:46 PM

Mar 2009
The reason we get to see kakashi's backstory is because we are going to reveal Obito's secret. He survived after giving kakashi sharingaen and joined Akatsuki. I am starting to believe that Akatsuki is actually for good purpose.
Aug 15, 2009 4:31 PM

Aug 2007
Znote said:
The reason we get to see kakashi's backstory is because we are going to reveal Obito's secret. He survived after giving kakashi sharingaen and joined Akatsuki. I am starting to believe that Akatsuki is actually for good purpose.

What the fuck. People are still fucking ignorant enough to say that shit? Read the goddamn manga.
Aug 16, 2009 6:38 AM

Mar 2009
Oh god! It was perfect.
Specially, after all those boring shippudeen eps.
Aug 21, 2009 4:21 AM

Jul 2009
TT.TT

Sep 7, 2009 12:39 PM

Sep 2008
Even better than the last episode... This one was just pure win! Amazing. :) Loved seeing Kakashi Gaiden get animated, and with such great animation too...

For me, this was, without a doubt, one of the best Shippuuden episodes out there.
Sep 8, 2009 1:44 PM

Nov 2008
So fucking epic... T.T
Sep 10, 2009 9:57 PM

Jan 2009
Best Naruto Shippuden episode! A really good episode Since Hidan/Kakazu saga.
Sep 14, 2009 7:11 PM

Oct 2008
beautiful episode! i absoluetely loved this episode and the story
it was great to see kakashi's past and how he became the person he is today
i also really enjoyed seeing namikaze and hearing him while he was still allive

just great 10/5
Sep 16, 2009 3:25 PM

May 2009
is rin really dead?
i wonder, how she died
Oct 4, 2009 2:28 AM

Mar 2009
That was bloody powerful. I loved it.

Oct 23, 2009 1:00 AM

Jan 2008
EPIC! FTW! XD

The best, so far.
So that's why Kakashi had a Sharingan.
I don't read the manga so I wouldn't know. XD

Wonder what happened to Rin?
I wanna see more Rin. Haha! XD
Oct 25, 2009 2:40 PM

Aug 2009
yellow flash is so damn cool
Nov 8, 2009 2:00 PM
Sep 2009
dam not much of a naruto lover.....but still this episode was just epic....obito forever
Nov 22, 2009 8:11 AM
Nov 2009
greenmush said:
its kind of sad cause Obito is a little like Naruto yet i like Obito mch mroe den Naruto lmao ohh well

Agreed, Obito strongly reminded me of Naruto. It also helps me understand why Kakashi took in Naruto's team, with them disregarding certain rules and all.

DEFINITELY a sad episode though, I was inches from crying during Obito's final speech. It stands as the best episode of Naruto I've seen thus far. 5/5 is not high enough.
Feb 21, 2010 1:13 PM
Sep 2009
firy said:
is rin really dead?
i wonder, how she died

There was an episode in the first naruto after the 4th hokage died that he was standing in front of another grave. I think the girl he was standing next to is rin and that was Obito's grave. :DD
Feb 26, 2010 11:23 PM
Nov 2009
Awesome episode! It was funny to see how big of an asshole Kakashi was to Obito at first. I'm really glad they did this, I was wondering if they were going to include this in the anime for the longest time.

May 30, 2010 12:07 PM

May 2009
It was a good (and sad) adaptation of Kakashi gaiden

I just hope Obito somehow survived, but it seems unlike
"The weak get washed away by the tides of fate...The strong drink it up."-Godot
Jun 19, 2010 4:51 AM

Oct 2008
So good to see Gaiden animated.. few disappointments with the seiyuus though.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Aug 12, 2010 10:27 AM

Apr 2010
excellent episode... sad :/ but really great... I always wondered how come Kakashi has the Sharingan
Aug 24, 2010 8:07 PM

Mar 2010
obito under the bolder looked painful, kakashi

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Feb 24, 2011 12:31 PM

Aug 2010
Such a tear jerker T_T
Probably one of the best episodes of shipudden...glad we got to know how kakashi got his sharingan eye.
Feb 14, 2012 9:54 PM

Feb 2012
When i watched it for the first time in subbed i actually did cry when obito died. And when i watched it in english i almost cried. It was so sad seeing the way he died, and him not having a chance to be better friends with kakashi or tell rin that he loved her.

I especially love Obitio in english because he is voiced by the most awesome voice actor in history, VIC MIGNOGNA!!!
I'm a Mangaka in training watch me as i make my way to the top!!

Wanted: A sensei to teach me and push me in the right direction for being a mangaka
Mar 3, 2012 7:40 PM

May 2011
so thats the story behind how kakashi got sharingan. not bad not bad
can definitely say this is the best ive seen in a while.
does any1 else wish rin had been the female in naruto's squad? just saying....
Jun 1, 2012 8:23 PM

Apr 2012
Kakashi is by far the best character in both Naruto and Shippuden
Oct 18, 2012 7:56 PM

Oct 2011
This half made me cry every time I watched it!
Aug 30, 2013 8:57 PM

Mar 2013
Awh Obito and Rin... :(
Sep 14, 2013 1:40 PM

Apr 2010
Really sad and beautiful episode.
Nov 17, 2013 7:47 PM

Oct 2011
Wow, I really liked these last 2 episodes. It was nice to see the background of Kakashi's sharingan. The story about their team was touching and I'm glad Kakashi and Obito became caring friends in the end. I wanted to know that since back when Kakashi was standing at the grave stone where everyone who died in the war were engraved.
Mar 15, 2014 6:45 PM

Jun 2009
Yeah, I am very curious as to what Rin's ultimate fate was. She probably is dead, but how? Really good two episodes, the best since the Hidan arc.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Mar 15, 2014 7:21 PM

Jul 2007
KakashiDAVO said:

Indeed he is. God i literally can't say shit bout him cause of spoilers but he is by far one of my favorites out of all 100+ characters. In naruto he kind of played more of a supporting role, but in shippuuden he is very central to the story.

Mar 15, 2014 7:27 PM

Jul 2007
insan3Spectre said:
Yeah, I am very curious as to what Rin's ultimate fate was. She probably is dead, but how? Really good two episodes, the best since the Hidan arc.

This is really the only part of the series that was out of continuity, it actually takes place after part 1 of the manga and before the 2 in half year time skip leading into shippuuden. But i think it was properly placed in the series, given what proceeds it in future events.

Mar 15, 2014 8:04 PM

Jun 2009
link9us said:
KakashiDAVO said:

Indeed he is. God i literally can't say shit bout him cause of spoilers but he is by far one of my favorites out of all 100+ characters. In naruto he kind of played more of a supporting role, but in shippuuden he is very central to the story.

I would say Kakashi and Shikamaru are probably my favorite Naruto characters, I've also always had a fondness for Sakura for some reason.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Mar 15, 2014 10:34 PM

Dec 2012
insan3Spectre said:

I would say Kakashi and Shikamaru are probably my favorite Naruto characters, I've also always had a fondness for Sakura for some reason.

Probably because you like realistic characters. Notice how Sakura is the 'normal' character in the series, has no special abilities, she is born with and has no famous heritage in the village like the Uchihas, the Senjus, the Uzumakis etc.. that gives her special powers and attributes.
Mar 16, 2014 5:01 AM

Jun 2009
tsudecimo said:
insan3Spectre said:

Probably because you like realistic characters. Notice how Sakura is the 'normal' character in the series, has no special abilities, she is born with and has no famous heritage in the village like the Uchihas, the Senjus, the Uzumakis etc.. that gives her special powers and attributes.

Maybe, I've honestly never put much thought into why I like her. Aside from the fact I like her design (yes, forehead and all), and I thought her development in the Chuunin exam was well done, and I liked what she did at the start of Shippuuden against Sasori. You may very well be on to something, though. Perhaps I can relate to her a bit more than Naruto and Sasuke.

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 14, 2014 12:36 PM

Mar 2014
I wish I could have spent more time with everyone...-->This made me cry :O And I really don't cry that often...

I spent the entire original series wondering whose grave was it that Kakashi always visited, and I'm definetely not dissappointed with the story. Now I'm curious about what happened to Rin. I agree that she's probably dead... :/

And Kakashi, once again, made go awwww when he told Rin Obito loved her. :')

I wish more episodes were like this.
Jul 31, 2014 4:01 PM

Jun 2012
This was a great two episodes, I was really excited to see Kakashi's past as a young shinobi. It really was saddening, though, to see Obito like that.

Aug 28, 2014 6:44 PM
Jul 2018
I got no words. I had to pause the video during the preview of the next episode cause I couldn't focus after Obito's death made me cry. After this I only got one question? Do you wanna tell me that Naruto isn't epic? Do you? I WOULD WATCH 1000000 FILLER EPISODES just to have THIS ONE. OMG, that's just too much, it's too epic.

*20 minutes later*

After all, Kakashi's personality was completly turned upside down by Obito's beliefs and opinions, and Kakashi's current ideals are the ones Obito showed him, just a few moments before his death...
One Of The Best Episodes Ever.

The only thing I gotta add is... Rest in Peace, Obito
Oct 3, 2014 4:25 AM
May 2012
Me and my brother first watched this episode I think, 6 or 7 years ago. We were using our cousin's laptop and accidentally saw a video titled: Kakashi's Gaiden blah blah blah. Since we love Naruto, we decided to watch it. I said to myself: Obito wouldn't die just like that. I am sure that someone will save him. Looking at Naruto: Shippuuden now, I was right.
"Those who break the rules are trash, but those who abandon their comrades are worse than trash!" Obito was originally the one who said that. Kakashi just quoted him. Kakashi also uses Obito's excuses for being late ahahaha.
It would have been better if Kakashi's eye was the one crying, not Obito's eye.
Minato is so fucking awesome!! Great episode~ Obito's scene was really touching~ Oh, Rin ;_;
Now, back to the Itachi hunt :3

Xowlreed said:
I got no words. I had to pause the video during the preview of the next episode cause I couldn't focus after Obito's death made me cry. After this I only got one question? Do you wanna tell me that Naruto isn't epic? Do you? I WOULD WATCH 1000000 FILLER EPISODES just to have THIS ONE. OMG, that's just too much, it's too epic.

*20 minutes later*

After all, Kakashi's personality was completly turned upside down by Obito's beliefs and opinions, and Kakashi's current ideals are the ones Obito showed him, just a few moments before his death...
One Of The Best Episodes Ever.

The only thing I gotta add is... Rest in Peace, Obito

Yes, if it wasn't for Obito, Kakashi is still probably an arrogant ass now. Thanks, Obito :D
Seriously, this episode had nice lines.
Obito saying "I wish I can spend more time with everyone" "Just when me and Kakashi are starting to get along" "I wasn't able to confess to Rin" made me sad :/
Oh well, I know the story.
May 7, 2015 11:33 PM
Apr 2015
Amazing.
(⇀‿‿↼) ( ͠°‿‿ °) ( ͡°‿‿ ͡°) (⍜‿‿⍜) (๏‿‿๏) (■‿‿■) ( ͡⎚‿‿ ͡⎚) (◕‿‿◕) (x‿‿x) (ᵔ‿‿ᵔ) ( ̄‿‿ ̄) (⪩‿‿⪨)
May 27, 2015 6:04 PM

Jan 2010
I always wondered how Kakashi got the sharingan. Now I know. It sucks that Obito died. I cried.
May 27, 2015 6:37 PM

Jul 2007
xOneWingedAngel said:
I always wondered how Kakashi got the sharingan. Now I know. It sucks that Obito died. I cried.

This is probably one of my favorite little back stories, very tragic, and it really shows us, just how Kakashi is the way he is from when we first met him. He idolized Obito so much after the tragic death of his friend, that he follows in his foot steps and teaches his ideal's to the new generation (sasuke, naruto and Sakura)

He also picked up a few things from Minato as well such as always being late lol.

Jul 10, 2015 8:52 PM

Oct 2013
Kakashi Gaiden was incredible. I'm so glad it wasn't suffering from the typical issues Naruto has. I'm really glad I decided not to skip it.
"The world cannot be changed with pretty words alone." ~Lelouch Lamperouge
Oct 14, 2015 3:32 PM

Jul 2014
Easily the best episode so far.
Jul 29, 2016 12:09 PM
Mar 2015
This was a tragic episode. But very well-done.
Mar 7, 2017 5:28 PM

Dec 2012
Wow I had always wondered how kakashi got his sharingan. I was always thinking I didn't remember from the original naruto since it was so long ago haha. Kakashi is definitely one of my favorite characters on the show, along with tsunade & the pervy sage.

Talk about drama too! Made the episode go by quicker. This episode definitely made my eyes water at the very end, no tears spilled over this time. Maybe I'm getting too old now to be deeply emotionally affected by this show, haha.
Mar 7, 2017 5:33 PM

Dec 2012
ALSO-
HOW does Rin know how to do impromptu delicate eye removal & replacement surgery hahahaha
Aug 26, 2017 1:18 AM

Dec 2016
Kakashi the fookin badass! Also r.i.p Obito, gone but not forgotten... lmaoooooo
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Sep 21, 2017 6:33 AM

Jan 2013
That was so sad...

"Please stop talking about math when I'm eating."
May 22, 2018 4:53 PM
Aug 2014
Damn.

Is too few letters for a message.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 484 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2016

79 by Vysarine »»
Apr 13, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Itachi is a messed up character and doesn't deserve the fan love

Decader - Dec 11, 2023

41 by IAmOdie »»
Apr 13, 12:44 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 82 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

shotta77 - Oct 30, 2008

102 by a_polani »»
Apr 11, 3:50 AM

» Any Recommendations?

Proman9710 - Oct 5, 2021

49 by Proman9710 »»
Apr 10, 9:24 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 20 Discussion

jobocan - Jul 19, 2007

41 by drzod1k_lilla »»
Apr 10, 6:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.