Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Oct 9, 2015 3:52 PM
Feb 2015
Just read the fucking paper Haruhi gives you already
Feb 20, 2016 6:57 AM

Jan 2013
[Watching in broadcast order]

Now that I think about it, adding onto my speculation about the homework ...
When Koizumi mentions the fact that nothing catastrophic should happen when Haruhi is so cheerful, again something that would make sense it's related to someone who does think that that person didnt do all they wanted in the summer vacation.

Kyon waking up with his hand on his ass ...
Koizumi has a pretty cool outfit at the Bon Dance.
And waking up again ... now with 2 hands! ... also I laughed SO HARD when he answered the phone; "Whhmmosshi mosshiii" :D

Kyon actually tries to say "I love you" in this loop.
Jun 19, 2016 5:38 PM

Sep 2015
Kimura said:
HEY GUYS

LET'S HAVE A DISCUSSION ABOUT AN EPISODE THAT HASN'T EVEN AIRED YET

IT'S ENDLESS EIGHT SO IT'S OKAY

LOL
Hilarious!

I'm actually enjoying this arc, in part because of these discussions.

As for the episode, Haruhi is cute, but she looks almost uncharacteristically so in this episode.
bucket3432Jun 19, 2016 5:42 PM
Aug 26, 2016 8:02 PM

Mar 2015
Chrono

Haruhi bullying Mikuru is not really good. Haruhi is my least favorite character now.

1.9/5
Jun 25, 2017 10:23 PM
Sep 2015
Watched the dub version of this one for variety's sake.

One thing I don't get - how the hell is Kyon doing that "15k+ weeks to years" conversion in his head in the space of a second? He's only used a calculator in one loop out of the 7 shown. Is he some kind of a math genius? Is he dejavuing the result?
Aug 16, 2017 6:05 AM

Jul 2008
Director part 3.....we have a BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAM!
Dec 22, 2017 1:20 AM

Sep 2013
This episode was kinda meh. Haruhi's whole character is completely getting on my nerves and this movie is taking too many episodes to get done. Move on already.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jan 3, 2018 2:25 AM

Jan 2016
Looks like no one really was discussing the episode in the first page of this forum, but oh well.

Personally I found this episode the most entertaining so far of the arc, save for the second episode. Kyon exclaiming 'Three Days!?' in english was unexpectedly hilarious, and for some reason he was always scratching his butt while he slept, you could tell that the animators were getting bored at this point :p

I did notice a big animation compromise in the episode, however - I'm sure the camera was on Koizumi's motionless arm for a good 15 seconds. I find the animation quality is a lot better with this series yes, but the animation 'quantity' per say is the same. But that's not too distracting. :)

Finally, one more episode to go.
Feb 17, 2018 10:38 AM

Apr 2017
Kyon-kun, denwa.
cunnysseur
Apr 24, 2018 7:27 AM
Feb 2018
i'm watching chronologically and i feel so bad for mikuru!! i get that it's haruhi's thing to be pushy and it's mikuru's thing to be shy and easily startled and stuff but fuck!!!!!!! are we meant to dislike haruhi??
Aug 31, 2020 11:48 AM

Mar 2019
ABigChungus said:
does anyone in japan actually still like haruhi?

im not even going to watch the 3rd season if they make it.

Did you watch the movie -- which some argue is the BEST part of the franchise in anime?
my dark magical girl webseries
https://unsafemahoushoujo.wordpress.com/blog/
Mar 16, 2021 7:07 PM

Jun 2014
Haruhi is certainly giving Mikuru a hard time. Haruhi doesn't really think of anyone else.

That laser almost killed Kyon, but Yuki saved him just in time.

May 11, 2021 8:31 PM

Jan 2019
Sigh Episode 3- Asahina deserves to be canonized after going through all that.
May 15, 2021 8:11 AM
Jul 2020
Lol i was yawning when that haruhi leaving scene came, it scared the balls out of me🥶

Aight next ep.
Jul 26, 2021 7:29 AM

Aug 2020
[Chronological order]

I'm getting concerned. First, this season takes its time with the time loop dilemma. Now it's taking its time with making a movie. Hopefully, it doesn't take long, and we get content that leads up to the disappearance of haruhi suzumiya sequal.

DO NOT Cʟɪᴄᴋ Tʜᴇ Lɪɴᴋ Bᴇʟᴏᴡ:
👉 ʜᴛᴘs://ᴍʏᴀɴɪᴍᴇʟɪsᴛ.ɴᴇᴛ/ᴅᴏ-ɴᴏᴛ-ᴄʟɪᴄᴋ-ᴛʜɪᴤ-ʟɪɴᴋ 👈

Jul 30, 2021 12:22 PM

Jan 2020
this arc is longer than I expected lol. But oh well, it's still pretty fun

Sep 27, 2021 10:20 PM
May 2019
Im a time traveler from 15 years In the future of 2021. I can't tell you much because it's classified I can tell you that endless eight does end.
Dec 26, 2021 3:15 AM

May 2020
[CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER]

7th time or 15527th loop. That "Zree days" though lmao. Also Kyon tried saying "I love you" there.
Feb 1, 2022 7:01 AM

Dec 2007
from some reason this episode felt the more important one, but maybe it's just the directing and the OST.

if anything, i felt that last 2 episodes just highlighted very few changes, in this one, there was more screen time on the baseball game, maybe for anyone to not notice that they failed making homerun only in the first episode, but from the second one there was always homerun.
hmm, there was the swimming race too. kyon said "i love you" and little more stuff that felt not important.
hmm, nothing else was notable changes, but again, the dejavu and nagato scenes were given their own higlight, probably for those missed the connection i might had said previous threads.

well, to the last~!
Nov 15, 2022 7:18 AM

Oct 2021
I really can't stand haruhi, her character is insufferable
Jan 13, 2023 12:54 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya: Part III, aka talking about how Miss Asahina shot a f*cking laser beam from her eye

Kyon's such a no-nonsense kind of guy, so that got me thinking, why tf does he go along with all of Haruhi's nonsense? Asahina is powerless against Haruhi's will, and the other 2 just don't seem to give a f*ck. But why Kyon agrees to any of this is a bit beyond me. Maybe deep down inside he is bored and wants a splash of flavour into his life, whether he shows it or not. Idk, it's not important of course. But it's still a thought.

As for this movie that's in the works (I forget why they are even doing this, do they have a school festival coming up or something?), it's probably going to either look expectedly super dumb, or unexpectedly super awesome. And that's how I'd like it: no in between. This movie will either go hard or go home. I just hope we won't be trolled in that they don't even show us the finished project. I wouldn't put it past them to troll us that far since we've already received a major trolling of eight entire episodes just a short while ago. 

NYANPASU
5700XT

Feb 27, 2023 11:46 AM

Jul 2022
What surprises me the most is that Nagato continues with the same personality/attitude and doing the same things in each loop, knowing that she remembers everything and can simply do something different without limitations like the others, excluding that her job is "just to observe". xd
May 3, 2023 8:50 PM
Feb 2021
I dont understand. Why is Kyon such an NPC now, he was pretty good beforehand, but literally every single line he says is near identical. Why doesn't Yuki tell everyone how many times they've figured it out? Why the fuck did they decide to show them doing the exact same activities every fucking episode. They could've at least given some variation, but I guess fucking not. Jesus, like I was pretty cool with this arc, but there's no fucking differences at all, like even if there were just like 5 minutes different, but fucking hell its all the same. They're animating it differently each time too, with different fucking backgrounds, so why not fucking show at least some differences sometimes. I fucking can't wait for this godforsaken arc to end
May 31, 2023 3:49 PM

Dec 2007
rewatch- chronological- ep22

this is where the arc starts it's "meat".
i really believe though that in written form this would be better. so far the pace is slow.

i think koizumi is too naive. if haruhi can make mikuru do lasers, what else can she do? lol

poor mikuru...
User-NameMay 31, 2023 3:52 PM
Jul 11, 2023 12:02 AM

Jul 2021
my brain hurts watching the same episode for 4 times in a row

seems like i'm the only person who's still watching these completely without skipping even a second of it.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Feb 18, 9:08 PM
Feb 2021
The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya III - Chronological Order
This has to be one of the funniest episodes of the series yet. Haruhi is being really harsh to Miss Asahina, which is unfortunate. Seeing Miss Asahina fire laser beams was really funny. Yuki in the witch costume jumping on top of Miss Asahina to take out her lense was hilarious. It feels really good coming from watching all of the Endless Eight episodes to watching this. This arc is a hell of a lot more entertaining. I’m loving the opening and ending so much. The visuals for both are so cool!!!
RubensMelancholyFeb 18, 9:54 PM
Feb 28, 11:45 AM

Aug 2019
One more... Ugh... LOL This should have ended by like part 3, maybe 4
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Sep 10, 2009

292 by Generose »»
Apr 12, 11:11 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

CinemaZebra - Aug 5, 2009

535 by Unoriginality »»
Apr 11, 9:07 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kappaka - May 21, 2009

449 by Ryan_the_Bread »»
Mar 30, 1:13 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - Jul 23, 2009

360 by Alkimia »»
Feb 28, 11:27 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Jul 16, 2009

470 by Alkimia »»
Feb 28, 10:17 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.