Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 8 Discussion

Oct 9, 2015 3:52 PM
Just read the fucking paper Haruhi gives you already

Feb 20, 2016 6:57 AM

[Watching in broadcast order]

Now that I think about it, adding onto my speculation about the homework ...
When Koizumi mentions the fact that nothing catastrophic should happen when Haruhi is so cheerful, again something that would make sense it's related to someone who does think that that person didnt do all they wanted in the summer vacation.

Kyon waking up with his hand on his ass ...
Koizumi has a pretty cool outfit at the Bon Dance.
And waking up again ... now with 2 hands! ... also I laughed SO HARD when he answered the phone; "Whhmmosshi mosshiii" :D

Kyon actually tries to say "I love you" in this loop.

Jun 19, 2016 5:38 PM

Kimura said:
HEY GUYS

LET'S HAVE A DISCUSSION ABOUT AN EPISODE THAT HASN'T EVEN AIRED YET

IT'S ENDLESS EIGHT SO IT'S OKAY

LOL
Hilarious!

I'm actually enjoying this arc, in part because of these discussions.

As for the episode, Haruhi is cute, but she looks almost uncharacteristically so in this episode.
Modified by bucket3432, Jun 19, 2016 5:42 PM

Aug 26, 2016 8:02 PM

Chrono

Haruhi bullying Mikuru is not really good. Haruhi is my least favorite character now.

1.9/5

Jun 25, 2017 10:23 PM
Watched the dub version of this one for variety's sake.

One thing I don't get - how the hell is Kyon doing that "15k+ weeks to years" conversion in his head in the space of a second? He's only used a calculator in one loop out of the 7 shown. Is he some kind of a math genius? Is he dejavuing the result?

Aug 16, 2017 6:05 AM

Director part 3.....we have a BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAM!

Dec 22, 2017 1:20 AM

This episode was kinda meh. Haruhi's whole character is completely getting on my nerves and this movie is taking too many episodes to get done. Move on already.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jan 3, 2018 2:25 AM

Looks like no one really was discussing the episode in the first page of this forum, but oh well.

Personally I found this episode the most entertaining so far of the arc, save for the second episode. Kyon exclaiming 'Three Days!?' in english was unexpectedly hilarious, and for some reason he was always scratching his butt while he slept, you could tell that the animators were getting bored at this point :p

I did notice a big animation compromise in the episode, however - I'm sure the camera was on Koizumi's motionless arm for a good 15 seconds. I find the animation quality is a lot better with this series yes, but the animation 'quantity' per say is the same. But that's not too distracting. :)

Finally, one more episode to go.

Feb 17, 2018 10:38 AM

Kyon-kun, denwa.

Apr 24, 2018 7:27 AM
i'm watching chronologically and i feel so bad for mikuru!! i get that it's haruhi's thing to be pushy and it's mikuru's thing to be shy and easily startled and stuff but fuck!!!!!!! are we meant to dislike haruhi??

Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]