Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 8 Discussion


Aug 2, 2009 12:41 AM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 19
I like how people think that 'Endless' 8 will End.
 
Aug 2, 2009 1:46 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 3705
meo0o0111 said:
i have a new idea maybe the whole season is a troll lol like they'll just air endless eight till the end of the season


Most likely lol.
 
Aug 2, 2009 5:01 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 110
btw did anyone notice that in the last episode the graphics are very diffent?i mean kyon is diffent haruhi seems younger..the animators might have changed :D
I am the bone of my sword.Steel is my body, and fire is my blood.
 
Aug 2, 2009 5:07 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 11
He actually practiced saying "i love you" briefly this time,
wonder if that will develop at all..
 
Aug 2, 2009 5:55 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 382
meo0o0111 said:
i have a new idea maybe the whole season is a troll lol like they'll just air endless eight till the end of the season


Yes exactly what I was thinking
 
Aug 2, 2009 5:58 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 452
i won't be surprised... don't know whether to laugh or cry
 
Aug 2, 2009 6:12 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 177
TO EVERYONE WHO THINKS E8 WILL END NEXT WEEK:

it won't. because knoani KNOWS that everyone is expecting it to end next week. so obviously this is like the perfect chance to megatroll. plus it keeps the ratings up, surprisingly.
 
Aug 2, 2009 6:19 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 477
Diablakos said:
btw did anyone notice that in the last episode the graphics are very diffent?i mean kyon is diffent haruhi seems younger..the animators might have changed :D


...or died
 
Aug 2, 2009 7:07 AM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 82
have anything new happen'd in this ep? not seen it yet

if nothing new then can someone tell me the loop number and some SS of the togs/feast able
 
Aug 2, 2009 7:39 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 280
shade0o said:
have anything new happen'd in this ep? not seen it yet

if nothing new then can someone tell me the loop number and some SS of the togs/feast able


this epsiode is worser then epsiode 6.
nothing new or special thing has happen.
 
Aug 2, 2009 11:48 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 66
I heard they're going to make an 888 episode long ENDORESU EITO spinoff!

The plot will concentrate on different yukata designs, none of which will be shown twice throughout the whole airing period of 17 consecutive years.

Don't know about you guys, but I'm starting to save some money to buy those blu-ray discs.

EDIT:
Jacut said:
Hmmm, probably one of the best endless eight episodes with a fantastic atmosphere (especially coming from the choice of colors, music and light effects) and a very conventional, yet excellent direction. Probably the most "Haruhi-like" episode of the seven endless eight for the moment, it's probably what endless eight would have looked like if there was only one episode of it. No new developments though in terms of story continuity, if we can still call it that.

Still, I'm amazed at the guts of KyoAni for pulling such an incredible concept, and on top of that, each week makes me anticipate and then analyze the - seemingly - same episode, but in reality, each one has a very different feeling, direction, animation, dialogues even sometimes, and just for that, this second season of Haruhi deserves a whole lot of praises. Really a unique and inventive anime, that develops simple themes better and with more creativity than any other comedy/romance show. And the fact that most KyoAni fanboys are utterly pissed is a big bonus I guess (I've never been a fan of this studio before, except maybe for LS and SHNY) ;)

But still, for all the haters of this second season of Haruhi, don't you watch the same episodes of the same shitty shows (e.g: same bad shonen, same bad harem, same bad action anime) week after week, for years, with sometimes the same rehashed animation, without feeling guilty about it? I mean, after watching one episode of Bleach or Naruto, you've watched all the following episodes, since it's basically the same characters, same developments, same fights and same style used again and recycled for 400+ episodes. This time, KyoAni litterally serves you the same episode (which is not even the same at all, there are heavy differences in the first 7 episodes of this arc as we've seen earlier), but this time, following a logical plot, serving the interest of the main theme of the series (the melancholy) and without reusing anything except the script ! I personnally find it great.

Now, let's wait for next week, which will be the last (sadly...) endless eight episode.


For cryin' out loud! In the history not only of anime, but also live-action movie making even, god have mercy on his soul, Ed Wood didn't pool of BS like this! You can't use the exactly same script an unlimited amount of times. Add something, to the plot, just that one minute of content that will actually make the series progress!

If I wanted to watch different clothes on the same models for 30 minutes I'd subscribe Vogue, or some other fashion magazine.
Modified by naganje, Aug 2, 2009 11:57 AM
 
Aug 2, 2009 2:44 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 390
naganje said:
I heard they're going to make an 888 episode long ENDORESU EITO spinoff!

The plot will concentrate on different yukata designs, none of which will be shown twice throughout the whole airing period of 17 consecutive years.

Don't know about you guys, but I'm starting to save some money to buy those blu-ray discs.

EDIT:
Jacut said:
Hmmm, probably one of the best endless eight episodes with a fantastic atmosphere (especially coming from the choice of colors, music and light effects) and a very conventional, yet excellent direction. Probably the most "Haruhi-like" episode of the seven endless eight for the moment, it's probably what endless eight would have looked like if there was only one episode of it. No new developments though in terms of story continuity, if we can still call it that.

Still, I'm amazed at the guts of KyoAni for pulling such an incredible concept, and on top of that, each week makes me anticipate and then analyze the - seemingly - same episode, but in reality, each one has a very different feeling, direction, animation, dialogues even sometimes, and just for that, this second season of Haruhi deserves a whole lot of praises. Really a unique and inventive anime, that develops simple themes better and with more creativity than any other comedy/romance show. And the fact that most KyoAni fanboys are utterly pissed is a big bonus I guess (I've never been a fan of this studio before, except maybe for LS and SHNY) ;)

But still, for all the haters of this second season of Haruhi, don't you watch the same episodes of the same shitty shows (e.g: same bad shonen, same bad harem, same bad action anime) week after week, for years, with sometimes the same rehashed animation, without feeling guilty about it? I mean, after watching one episode of Bleach or Naruto, you've watched all the following episodes, since it's basically the same characters, same developments, same fights and same style used again and recycled for 400+ episodes. This time, KyoAni litterally serves you the same episode (which is not even the same at all, there are heavy differences in the first 7 episodes of this arc as we've seen earlier), but this time, following a logical plot, serving the interest of the main theme of the series (the melancholy) and without reusing anything except the script ! I personnally find it great.

Now, let's wait for next week, which will be the last (sadly...) endless eight episode.


For cryin' out loud! In the history not only of anime, but also live-action movie making even, god have mercy on his soul, Ed Wood didn't pool of BS like this! You can't use the exactly same script an unlimited amount of times. Add something, to the plot, just that one minute of content that will actually make the series progress!

If I wanted to watch different clothes on the same models for 30 minutes I'd subscribe Vogue, or some other fashion magazine.


I agree with that
 
Aug 2, 2009 4:56 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 710
well, EE will finally END this week.
 
Aug 2, 2009 7:52 PM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 28
kaena said:
well, EE will finally END this week.


And thus will end the third greatest trolling session I know of.
 
Aug 2, 2009 7:58 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 930
the number of replies to these episodes threads are a good indicator of how many people are following it or the amount of internet in it (may it be good or bad reasons)

replies to episode posts:
episode 4 --> 357
episode 5 --> 659
episode 6 --> 396
episode 7 --> 288
episode 8 --> 166 (when this post was written)

Seems like people are losing interest fast. A big backfire for KyoAni

Though if KyoAni goes for a 9th episode, I think it will be very entertaining
 
Aug 2, 2009 9:07 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 248
hahaha ahhhhh WTF Kyon.
 
Aug 2, 2009 9:33 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 1409
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

How the fuck can they actually get away with this!?!? There is no way this arc called for 6-7 episodes... and with this arc it's making me hate the characters.

Well, I guess there isn;t much to say besides I'm disgusted with this season... and would just like it to end already.
Dead Account
Please Delete
 
Aug 2, 2009 9:35 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 612
http://www.cartoonleap.com/2009/08/01/cnn-reports-anime-in-japan-slammed-by-recession/

When I was reading this, I was like.....

"Kyoani and Kadokawa are really dumb"

Since Endless Eight episodes happen,
Kyoani will lost a lot of money.
This is what they got.
KARMA!
Kyoani should just left E8 with 3 episode or 2?
To make it up for us, give us Disappearance or the real season 2!
Kyoani and Kadokawa got *KARMA*
 
Aug 2, 2009 10:12 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 465
come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn ...next ep it ends, right? rriiight?
My pokemon bring all the boys to the yard...
 
Aug 2, 2009 10:21 PM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 1
I registered just to say, if it doesn't end next week then the creators are seriously messed up in the head. As if episodes 3-8 didn't qualify them for that.
 
Aug 2, 2009 10:23 PM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 28
Sealkid said:
http://www.cartoonleap.com/2009/08/01/cnn-reports-anime-in-japan-slammed-by-recession/

When I was reading this, I was like.....

"Kyoani and Kadokawa are really dumb"

Since Endless Eight episodes happen,
Kyoani will lost a lot of money.
This is what they got.
KARMA!
Kyoani should just left E8 with 3 episode or 2?
To make it up for us, give us Disappearance or the real season 2!
Kyoani and Kadokawa got *KARMA*


Actually, that may very well be the cause of E8, though it's unlikely. An established series will have a built in market, the harder course is trying to get a NEW series going.
 
Aug 2, 2009 11:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 44
i think im gonna kill my self watching this i might give up if the next two are the same

OMG im on a verge of a break down
 
Aug 3, 2009 3:43 AM
DB Administrator
Plus Ultra

Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 12481
Haha, now they started to use time distortions within the episodes. And the phone calls are getting better and better, too. The signs KyoAni put up are hilarious, too. Great episode. xD

Gonna rewatch it later.

open.staff.applications  
guidelines.faq  
report.abuse
  
Thx Kina.
  
[H+] ³  

 
Aug 3, 2009 4:21 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 187
hello1357 said:
the number of replies to these episodes threads are a good indicator of how many people are following it or the amount of internet in it (may it be good or bad reasons)

replies to episode posts:
episode 4 --> 357
episode 5 --> 659
episode 6 --> 396
episode 7 --> 288
episode 8 --> 166 (when this post was written)

Seems like people are losing interest fast. A big backfire for KyoAni

Though if KyoAni goes for a 9th episode, I think it will be very entertaining


What's there more to say, we are watching the same thing, so why should we even bother to comment. That's why i haven't commented on this anime ever since watching the 3rd Endless Eight episode.
 
Aug 3, 2009 5:42 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 117
shanaroxhard said:
i think im gonna kill my self watching this i might give up if the next two are the same

OMG im on a verge of a break down

poor chap ;(
 
Aug 3, 2009 7:00 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 452
Three days?!
 
Aug 3, 2009 11:02 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 234
I don't want it to ever end...
 
Aug 3, 2009 11:07 AM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 40
zarwin said:
kaena said:
well, EE will finally END this week.


And thus will end the third greatest trolling session I know of.


ahahahaha. ahhahahahaahahaha. ahahahahahahahahahahaha.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA
 
Aug 3, 2009 11:25 AM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 28
kianbung said:
zarwin said:
kaena said:
well, EE will finally END this week.


And thus will end the third greatest trolling session I know of.


ahahahaha. ahhahahahaahahaha. ahahahahahahahahahahaha.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA


My statement wasn't meant to be humorous...
 
Aug 3, 2009 11:33 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 8
God, it hurts so much! Why are you doing this to us?! WHY?! WHY?! IT BURNS!
 
Aug 3, 2009 12:38 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 280
if they make Yuki blush I will forgive them !!!!!
 
Aug 3, 2009 12:44 PM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 28
superchan said:
if they make Yuki blush I will forgive them !!!!!


They can't be forgiven, even if you don't mind it(like myself) it's still gone way too far. Blushing Yuki will help, but unless I see Kyoani produced Haruhi hentai, they will never be forgiven.
 
Aug 3, 2009 1:11 PM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 37
kianbung said:
zarwin said:
kaena said:
well, EE will finally END this week.


And thus will end the third greatest trolling session I know of.


And they'll slip in another episode of the same stuff just to troll you for another week ;)
 
Aug 3, 2009 1:31 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 70
I loved the episode, they even changed the colors in yukatas... NOT
Same garpage as before. 1/5


Sent with Mal Updater
 
Aug 3, 2009 11:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 87
if they dont end this next week im seriously considering not waching it anymore, i think i've learnd japanese by just waching the endless 8!


 
Aug 4, 2009 2:41 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 463
Endless 'Poor Yuki'.
 
Aug 4, 2009 4:29 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 452
Even Kyon can't take it no more!

 
Aug 4, 2009 5:31 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 382
WELL...I..actually enjoy this episode for once >.>
Modified by Animefan710, Aug 4, 2009 5:35 AM
 
Aug 4, 2009 7:23 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 377
People, if you´re just skimming through the episodes, don´t rate them or even better, stop complaining.
 
Aug 4, 2009 7:26 AM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 64
5 stars out of 5 stars a++ speedy transaction!
 
Aug 4, 2009 7:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 426
OMG
but i don't know why, i still wanna see all next episode....
 
Aug 4, 2009 10:00 AM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 70
Veru said:
People, if you´re just skimming through the episodes, don´t rate them or even better, stop complaining.


Seen one of them = seen them all.
 
Aug 4, 2009 11:38 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 49
The only way I see to salvage endless eight is if Yuki snaps in the next episode and kills everyone.
 
Aug 4, 2009 12:02 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 8
I HATE HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
 
Aug 4, 2009 12:49 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 208
zarwin said:
kianbung said:
zarwin said:
kaena said:
well, EE will finally END this week.


And thus will end the third greatest trolling session I know of.


ahahahaha. ahhahahahaahahaha. ahahahahahahahahahahaha.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA


My statement wasn't meant to be humorous...
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
 
Aug 4, 2009 2:24 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 810
Kyon-kun, denwa...


Next week had better be the end, that's all I have to say.
 
Aug 4, 2009 2:48 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 904
Hmm i just keep skipping them till the end to find out if it has finally changed. Sadly it hasn't
 
Aug 4, 2009 2:50 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 3817
LOloloLollOloL. Hope it ends next episode..
 
Aug 4, 2009 3:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 271
Instead of the disappearance of Haruhi, it's the disappearance of the rest of the episodes after endless eight. lol. Anyway, I really hope that it ends next episode. I'm predicting it will. :D
********************************************************
Note: I decided not to accept random friend requests. Most of the ones I accept will be people I know from other sites unless I get to know some people here. (=^_^=)
 
Aug 4, 2009 4:07 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 418
Jacut said:
Hmmm, probably one of the best endless eight episodes with a fantastic atmosphere (especially coming from the choice of colors, music and light effects) and a very conventional, yet excellent direction. Probably the most "Haruhi-like" episode of the seven endless eight for the moment, it's probably what endless eight would have looked like if there was only one episode of it. No new developments though in terms of story continuity, if we can still call it that.

Still, I'm amazed at the guts of KyoAni for pulling such an incredible concept, and on top of that, each week makes me anticipate and then analyze the - seemingly - same episode, but in reality, each one has a very different feeling, direction, animation, dialogues even sometimes, and just for that, this second season of Haruhi deserves a whole lot of praises. Really a unique and inventive anime, that develops simple themes better and with more creativity than any other comedy/romance show. And the fact that most KyoAni fanboys are utterly pissed is a big bonus I guess (I've never been a fan of this studio before, except maybe for LS and SHNY) ;)

But still, for all the haters of this second season of Haruhi, don't you watch the same episodes of the same shitty shows (e.g: same bad shonen, same bad harem, same bad action anime) week after week, for years, with sometimes the same rehashed animation, without feeling guilty about it? I mean, after watching one episode of Bleach or Naruto, you've watched all the following episodes, since it's basically the same characters, same developments, same fights and same style used again and recycled for 400+ episodes. This time, KyoAni litterally serves you the same episode (which is not even the same at all, there are heavy differences in the first 7 episodes of this arc as we've seen earlier), but this time, following a logical plot, serving the interest of the main theme of the series (the melancholy) and without reusing anything except the script ! I personnally find it great.

Now, let's wait for next week, which will be the last (sadly...) endless eight episode.


I agree with everything except the "sadly". It would be perfect if it ended next episode. It truly is a great concept, but I will be disappointed if they go beyond the eighth. Although I guess I'll still bear it if they go with 9, just to have 8 repetitions + 1 for the solution. I'd prefer it if they end it on the 8th though :)
 
Top
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »