Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 3, 2008 2:33 AM

Jun 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
wow...I don't know what to say other then wtf was that blue thing lol. This episode brought some much needed suspense and answers but at the same time brought loads of new questions. I really cant wait till the second season now.

So somehow the dark knight is related to Hyaweh..Is the dark knight supposed to be the kid in the first episode that fell in love with the original princess? If so then that must mean he ended up having Hyaweh with the originally princess which would make Hyaweh the real king lol. *head explodes* ahhh so many things I want to know!!!
DeathfireDJan 3, 2008 2:37 AM
Jan 3, 2008 5:33 PM

Jan 2007
the blue thing was definitely weird. But yay for Hyaweh x Precia. the underwater kiss was pretty cool. As for the dark knight, i believe he is irrelevent to the guy in the past princess story.

Overall: 7/10
Jan 4, 2008 4:15 AM

Nov 2007
Did this series make a lot of sense? ^^; The middle part was cool with the Sister Hell story, but outside of that .. seems a lot was missing. And I barely remember the whole prologue of information that episode 1 had.

Maybe there's a lot more in the game that just wasn't fleshed out in the anime. Seemed to be more fanservice than was necessary.
Jan 4, 2008 11:37 AM

May 2007
Crisu said:
Did this series make a lot of sense? ^^; The middle part was cool with the Sister Hell story, but outside of that .. seems a lot was missing. And I barely remember the whole prologue of information that episode 1 had.

Maybe there's a lot more in the game that just wasn't fleshed out in the anime. Seemed to be more fanservice than was necessary.

I was thinking the same thing. The anime seemed really broken with a lot of essential pieces of information left out to an audience that isn't familiar with the game. The Dark Knight - I feel he's an extremely important part of the whole story, being possibly related to Hyaweh, but in the anime, he was more of an afterthought. But overall, relatively enjoyable series with interesting character and weapon design.

Overall rating I would give is 6.5/10, so I guess that rounds up to 7.
Jan 4, 2008 9:17 PM
Dec 2007
Howdy all, just an FYI, but I am currently translating the Prism Ark game, which is awesome. As for the anime, it was utter crap, and it's completely incomparable to the game. They barely scratched the surface of the game plots, only slightly hinting at the stories for each of the characters. The side characters in the game, namely the three guys (who each get very detailed stories in the game) are shunted off to one side; instead, we get the pointless Bridgette and bodyguard squad. This last episode was a travesty, with the producers attempting to add basically the entire main game plot into 10 minutes, but failing horribly. I'll leave out game spoilers, but suffice it to say that the anime is nothing like the game, except in the loosest sense. Don't even get me started on the anime-only crap they added...

I give the anime 3/10, and the dubious honor of being the worst show I have completed.

Anyway, here's a link to the game translation project.
http://tsukuru.info/tlwiki/index.php?title=Prism_Ark
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=57999
AS-Nano: Nanoha StrikerS Manga Ch.11: QC
NNS: Someday's Dreamers ~Summer Skies~ Ch.2: TL complete, typesetting - Ch.3: Scanning
NDT: RE:Gundemonium: Complete - Space Dynagon: TL done, betatesting - Corpse Party Ch.1: TL done, betatesting, Ch.2: TLing
Personal projects: Prism Ark Game: TLing - Ether Vapor: TL done, editing
Jan 4, 2008 9:19 PM

Jan 2007
thats awesome. i guess i'll be getting the game soon then.
Jan 5, 2008 3:28 AM

Mar 2007
selkirk said:
Howdy all, just an FYI, but I am currently translating the Prism Ark game, which is awesome.

The game do seem pretty interesting, but what about Prism Heart? As Prism Ark is a sequel to Prism Heart, wouldn't we be missing some parts of the plot, or does Prism Ark have a completely new story?

But anyways, since I was planning to get my hands on the game it's great news.
Jan 5, 2008 4:09 AM

Sep 2007
If it weren't for the Fyaweh x Priecia I would have been so disappointed with the end. XD
Jan 7, 2008 10:51 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Where did that satellite come from?

Was a good episode and a fitting ending I suppose. The story lacked, the humor was good and the characters were pretty cute. 6/10

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jan 7, 2008 1:45 PM

Oct 2007
DeathfireD said:
Is the dark knight supposed to be the kid in the first episode that fell in love with the original princess? If so then that must mean he ended up having Hyaweh with the originally princess which would make Hyaweh the real king lol. *head explodes*

That is completely true, you can understand it from the conversation, as well as when the first time The Knight tryed to attack Precia, and he stopped when he saw the Neckless thing, and he seemed to be having memory problems...

cyruz said:

Was a good episode and a fitting ending I suppose. The story lacked, the humor was good and the characters were pretty cute. 6/10

I agree... lol at the satellite :P
Jan 7, 2008 9:16 PM

Jun 2007
cyruz said:

I'm guessing the story is kind of like Trinity blood, where something happened to technology and we just haven't learned what yet.
Jan 8, 2008 5:01 AM

Aug 2007
anyone think theres gonna be a second season?
Jan 9, 2008 4:28 AM

Oct 2007
i hope not, i finally finished this and am now wondering why... when i saw the credits i was like wtf just happend. and also, what about the cool intro from the first ep, where did all that go
Jan 9, 2008 3:09 PM

Jun 2007
StrayDog said:
anyone think theres gonna be a second season?

Ya, theres supposed to be a second one not sure if they will follow through with it though. I hope so though.
Jan 12, 2008 5:51 PM

Jun 2007
ok... that made absolutely no sense what so ever

Jan 14, 2008 7:09 AM
Jan 2008
That was awasome anime.I hope that there will be second season ^^.
Jan 17, 2008 3:54 PM
Oct 2007
I can see that there must be a second season for this anime.
Jan 24, 2008 12:09 AM

May 2007
A pretty good tale but this series wasn't structured well at all. The ending was very, very rushed. They didn't even show Hyaweh and Percia's battle for the Royal Knight title. Took too much time on fanservice and then scrapped the plot in the last episode.
Apr 10, 2008 2:03 PM

Mar 2008
this anime could hav had sooo much potential and could have been totally amazing, but unfortuneately it didnt explain everything and the plots got a bit lost side-tracked and confusing. overall tho - pretty good. hope theres a 2nd season!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 15, 2008 10:51 AM

Nov 2007
DeathfireD said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
wow...I don't know what to say other then wtf was that blue thing lol. This episode brought some much needed suspense and answers but at the same time brought loads of new questions. I really cant wait till the second season now.

So somehow the dark knight is related to Hyaweh..Is the dark knight supposed to be the kid in the first episode that fell in love with the original princess? If so then that must mean he ended up having Hyaweh with the originally princess which would make Hyaweh the real king lol. *head explodes* ahhh so many things I want to know!!!

yeah yeah..there are so many questions!
but i love the series..! =p.. cant wait the 2nd season..

about dark night.. i believe he was the boy!and the king!..
why?.. remember when he attacked hyaweh and priecia in the church..
precia called her "HIghNess"

about hyaweh..they said he's the windloom's heir.. but i wonder how come..? isnt the child of the royalty is a "princess" ..

i also thought that if priecia is not the true princess.. where is sHe..? isnt seh only missing..?

weHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.................................
i dOnt know..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
we definitely need the second seasOn..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

demo..
disuki~desU prisM arK..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hyaweh and priecia hUrray!!!!!!!!!!!!!..............
May 31, 2008 1:40 PM

May 2008
Never played the game, just watched the anime. That being said, I had a lot of issues with it. The last episode was too rushed which is stupid because the rest of the anime was rather slow. From the storyline, I could tell that it had a lot of potential, but the execution wasn't so good.

I'm guessing that the history of the princess that went missing was slightly altered to protect the Prince - that being Hyaweh. The dark knight is Hyaweh's father.. but does anyone remember if he had those crazy red eyes when he saved Hyaweh the first time? I don't remember. Maybe Dark just went crazy or is brainwashed. Just speculations :)
Jun 28, 2008 3:14 PM

Nov 2007
selkirk said:
Howdy all, just an FYI, but I am currently translating the Prism Ark game, which is awesome. As for the anime, it was utter crap, and it's completely incomparable to the game. They barely scratched the surface of the game plots, only slightly hinting at the stories for each of the characters. The side characters in the game, namely the three guys (who each get very detailed stories in the game) are shunted off to one side; instead, we get the pointless Bridgette and bodyguard squad. This last episode was a travesty, with the producers attempting to add basically the entire main game plot into 10 minutes, but failing horribly. I'll leave out game spoilers, but suffice it to say that the anime is nothing like the game, except in the loosest sense. Don't even get me started on the anime-only crap they added...

I give the anime 3/10, and the dubious honor of being the worst show I have completed.

Anyway, here's a link to the game translation project.
http://tsukuru.info/tlwiki/index.php?title=Prism_Ark
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=57999

Hope to see the finished game, don't stop it.

As for the anime, it srsly had potential and all, but wtf?! Couldn't anyone put any effort into it?!
Aug 6, 2008 12:14 AM

Jul 2008
The show had potential, but it wasn't exactly realized. An okay series.
Aug 20, 2008 10:51 AM
Aug 2008
Is there really gonna be a season 2 ??
i'm new, just joined, um.. so if anyone know plzz, can you tell me?
Oct 17, 2008 2:36 AM

Nov 2007
loved it,but kinda incomplete...
Jan 10, 2009 1:24 PM

May 2008
its stupid it just ends like that...its been like a year since it finished airing and they still dont have a sequel yet =(
Jan 11, 2009 3:28 PM

Dec 2008
I know all the who's and the like but that's probably thanks to wikipedia more than anything.

I would love a second season of this show as I think despite it's many flaws that it was a good show. I loved watching it, loved the characters,and loved the artwork.

That was way too many loves. My english is going down the drains.
Jun 6, 2009 6:34 PM

Mar 2009
The story is slow.And the ending is still incomplete. =(

Jun 6, 2009 10:38 PM

May 2009
Subs sucked (AEN), yea they're better than osa but they were still crap half the time. I wish mellow subbed more than just two ep's.

I can see how they could make another season but then again I can see them leaving this as the ending. probably because the story really wasn't that developed (or maybe "deep" would be a better word choice) for me to care about a thoroughly closed ending or not, which is rare for me since I usually crave second seasons for everything.

The characters weren't really anything special either, Bridget was the only one I really liked and she got tied up and forgotten about in the end.

All in all I give it a "good" didn't dislike it but it wasn't anything memorable. so I'm satisfied.

Latest Review
Kino's Journey
Dec 8, 2009 2:48 PM

Oct 2008

Seraph from DDS!?

Apr 17, 2010 7:12 AM

Feb 2010
I love this anime...not

I watched it only because it was shown at the end of ZnT and the main seiyuu is Yui...

though not really disappointed but for at least I enjoyed half of the show...

the first episode became pretty much useless just like Suzumiya Haruhi S2 episode 1 which was not really expanded even though it was an element..
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Jun 4, 2010 1:45 AM

Sep 2009
i was expecting a worse ending than this Xp
I actually like the ending of this anime
some things didn't make sense to me like the sattelite and how priecia and hyaweh turned into that kickass blue thing xD
but it was a pretty good episode and im glad they kissed again ^_^
7/10 for me :)

Jun 16, 2010 11:49 AM

Nov 2009
Prism ark was pretty good, i rushed it in a day...what really put me off was that last episode,i was expecting to see an explanation and/or continuation of what we have seen in the prologue in episode 1, but it didnt happen. This anime didnt really use it's full potential. I would be happy to hear a thorough explanation of the magic system there, the full background of hayawe and the dark knight, what are those angels and how they are created,what did that hell sister see in that lab with floating things(it was shown for about 10 seconds),and also wth is wrong with the technology there,they use horses in one episode, a car in another(the white one,when they went to their first mission) and now a satellite?i mean,come on.
overall,i wanted to give the show a 9,but ill give it an 8 because things remain unexplained.
Dec 20, 2010 5:03 PM

Jul 2010
everything was literally rushed through, the beginning and ending of this anime was not done in a good way. and it doesnt seem like they want to come back to this horrible anime that they did.
but there was actually progress with the romance with this anime, which alot of others cant seem to do, so igive this anime a 6/10.

Mar 4, 2016 1:47 PM

May 2008
The ending was much more enjoyable then the rest of the series but I have to say that they did a good job on the fighting sequence with all the special effects.
Aug 16, 2016 6:26 PM

Jun 2014
CCL_Sama said:
The ending was much more enjoyable then the rest of the series [...]

This. I can barely believe it: this episode was actually pretty good.

All right, after 10 episodes of so much bullshit my standard got a bit low. Though it may not have been good, it certainly had the correct elements that the rest of the anime should have worked upon to make this anime much more enjoyable. Actually, watchable.

One thing I noticed is that Prism Ark has many concepts other recent shows have been building over. Of course, it's pretty generic so we can't truly say for sure they got it from here, but so many details make it hard to be seen as a coincidence. At the very least, this anime must have been a reference.

Well, I kept delaying this show for quite a long time. "Tomorrow", "next week", "next month"... It's quite a surprise to look at my list and see that I've been watching it for 2008 days. Yep, more than five years. Holy shit.

Was quite a bit of a torture, but I'm glad I've finished it. I wonder if I should try the visual novel... My goal will be to finish it in less than 10 years LOL.
Dec 9, 2017 6:20 AM
Aug 2017
if i was there, i will kill hyaweh
because meister and precia not going together,
i hope in the ending meister and precia meet and complete they promise.
Mar 26, 2018 10:47 PM
Jan 2014
Not a bad show, but it could've really benefited from being 2 cour so that it wouldn't need to shove so much into that final episode.
Oct 3, 2022 8:19 PM

Nov 2010
Karin is so beautiful in that dress.

Priecia has a point. Most guy are the same and we always look at their outward appearance first. We aren't really to blame though since its all evolution.

Marquis is that strong? he beat Meister 1v1.

I like the MC. He confessed and had a kissing scene with the heroine. Priecia is beautiful and I don't mind her playing hard to get. This needs a S2. 7/10

More topics from this board

Poll: » Prism Ark Episode 11 Discussion

Faust721 - Dec 30, 2007

6 by MizuhoKamui »»
Oct 3, 2022 5:46 PM

Poll: » Prism Ark Episode 10 Discussion

DeathfireD - Dec 20, 2007

9 by MizuhoKamui »»
Oct 3, 2022 4:59 PM

Poll: » Prism Ark Episode 9 Discussion

Faust721 - Dec 15, 2007

7 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 29, 2022 10:06 PM

Poll: » Prism Ark Episode 8 Discussion

Faust721 - Dec 15, 2007

4 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 29, 2022 12:06 AM

Poll: » Prism Ark Episode 7 Discussion

cyruz - Dec 14, 2007

6 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 28, 2022 10:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.