Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 30, 2009 12:36 AM
Nov 2007
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
EPIC! WOAH WHITEBEARD'S A BADASS
FREAKING TSUNAMIS :O
Jul 30, 2009 12:41 AM

May 2009
Its out already!?!?!!? omg!

Don't recommend me something that is still publishing, unless its close to being finished. Don't recommend me anything that isn't licensed.
Jul 30, 2009 2:56 AM
Sep 2007
Wow a quakeman, awesomeness incoming!
Hi
Jul 30, 2009 3:12 AM

Sep 2007
Epic chapter is epic. :)
Jul 30, 2009 3:22 AM

May 2009
WTF? How does Luffy just casually mention that he knew Ace's father was Gol D. roger the whole time? There has been plenty of times he could have mentioned it. And how does he know who Ace's father is when he didn't even know his own father, Garp sure as hell didn't tell him and seeing how Garp waited so long to tell Luffy who his father was I don't see him telling Ace when he was still a child.

I'm, confused as to why Shanks came running to Whitebeard about fighting blackbeard when on page 07 you can clearly see he already had the scar from fighting him meaning he could have told him then and there.

And lol @ Whitebeard conveniently eating a devil fruit that would allow him to wipe out massive forces at the snap of his finger. Knowing this the marines still positioned their troops like that. C'mon guys, a little strategy next time

And another thing! I recall Luffy saying that he could never beat Ace even AFTER he ate the Devil fruit but hasn't it already been proven he met Ace after he had already ate it???!!
GesichtJul 30, 2009 3:50 AM

Don't recommend me something that is still publishing, unless its close to being finished. Don't recommend me anything that isn't licensed.
Jul 30, 2009 3:55 AM

May 2007
Oda is just amazing... last week we were all breaking our heads to come up with theories about how Luffy would react when he found out Ace was Roger's son, and then he kills it in the first few panels xD

I find it strange that WB even has a DF. Considering Shanks reaction when Luffy ate the Gomu Gomu, I assumed the older pirates thought of DF more like the curses they are supposed to be... just so I don't throw my theory away, I'll say that WB ate his DF after he got into those IV and stuff, so, since he wouldn't swim much anyway, he might as well get some extra powers xD

YaYERZ said:
I'm, confused as to why Shanks came running to Whitebeard about fighting blackbeard when on page 07 you can clearly see he already had the scar from fighting him meaning he could have told him then and there.

Well, it's possible that Shanks' and Whitebeard's crew fought, and at some point Shanks ended up facing Blackbeard and getting the scar.
Jul 30, 2009 3:59 AM

Feb 2009
Holy shit, this is just getting better and better. Can barely wait til next week to see the war, and I am still waiting for Dragon and the revolutionary army to show up :)
Pantyshots are a different matter entirely

Jul 30, 2009 4:01 AM

Aug 2008
well its a good thing Luffy already knows who Ace's dad is, and still holds full confidence in becoming the greatest of the sea the pirate king, and good think luffy had some say in this chapter lol every chapter needs luffy hehe.

flash back was good in that it was fast but to the point, i thought it was well done to get it done in 1 chapter and still have epic moments in the beginning and the end of the chapter

also whitebeards got some interesting power,

Let the war begain.

AND let Luffy make a grand entrance soon to lol. make it funny .
Jul 30, 2009 4:17 AM

Jun 2007
Awesome chapter. You really get to see another side of Whitebeard. Also I kew he was strong, but this is ridiculous! He makes guys like Kizaru and Aokiji look like ants!
Freaking loved the Ace flashback btw. It's amazing how much Oda packs in each chapter.

Oh and Luffy, only you would make no big deal out of the fact that Ace is Rogers son xD

Some thing I've noticed.
Blackbeard has not shown his real fighting skill yet. He managed to wound Shanks, even BEFORE he got his DF. That's certainly impressive! Sure he was younger, but still

YaYERZ said:

Ace didn't belong to the whitebeard pirates at that time. So that's why Shanks didn't brought it up

YaYERZ said:
And another thing! I recall Luffy saying that he could never beat Ace even AFTER he ate the Devil fruit but hasn't it already been proven he met Ace after he had already ate it???!!

No Ace ate the fruit after he left the island. Luffy had the fruit back then. Ace didn't. Yet he still managed to beat Luffy in fighting
muldermanJul 30, 2009 4:23 AM
Jul 30, 2009 4:24 AM

Apr 2009
Hope you don't mind I reply to your post, by order.

YaYERZ said:
WTF? How does Luffy just casually mention that he knew Ace's father was Gol D. roger the whole time? There has been plenty of times he could have mentioned it. And how does he know who Ace's father is when he didn't even know his own father, Garp sure as hell didn't tell him and seeing how Garp waited so long to tell Luffy who his father was I don't see him telling Ace when he was still a child.
All this proves is Luffy is Garp's grandson alright.
Also, Garp isn't the only one who could've told Luffy, but Garp is probably the only one who could've told Ace.

YaYERZ said:
This, is obviously some type of mistake.
Look at page 7 again and see if Blackbeard killed Thatch yet, or if Ace was even a part of WB's crew.
Shanks met with WB hoping to have WB stop Ace from searching for BB, not about to bitch about his scar.

The only question I have here is, was BB already a part of WB's crew when he gave Shanks that scar and did Shanks know?

YaYERZ said:
And lol @ Whitebeard conveniently eating a devil fruit that would allow him to wipe out massive forces at the snap of his finger. Knowing this the marines still positioned their troops like that. C'mon guys, a little strategy next time
Massive Strength, Possible Haki user, a Devil Fruit, and a confident grin - The Man with the title "Strongest Man in the World" is the whole package.
Also, you can change formation, sure, but I didn't know you could change the Island's.

Maybe Aokiji could've froze part of the sea for more space, but unless people could fly, I don't think it would've mattered.

YaYERZ said:
This, If I understand correctly, you're saying Luffy was implying that there was a time that he fought Ace WITHOUT a DF, right?

I don't think.. Luffy ever said or implied that, but if you do find it, let me know.

---------

Oh and for the chapter, yeah it was great, but I heard after next week there's no One Piece chapter.. hope I heard wrong.
Hayato_kunJul 30, 2009 4:30 AM
Jul 30, 2009 4:26 AM

Jan 2009
God if whitebeard must be a lucky sonnova... Anyone who ate that fruit can easily rise to at least 100 million beri... Earthquakes, tsunamis, this is just plain epic, he is literally a walking disaster
Jul 30, 2009 4:42 AM

May 2007
oh man what the hell
Jul 30, 2009 4:52 AM

Mar 2008
Ace's past was done a little too fast in my opinion ,but it's still really epic.

I hope Luffy makes an entrance to the scene next week :)
Jul 30, 2009 4:58 AM

May 2009
Sorry just guess I'm an idiot -__-

Jul 30, 2009 5:01 AM

Jun 2007
YaYERZ said:
Sorry just guess I'm an idiot -__-

Don't feel bad, I had to re-read some chapters as well
But still damn its impressive how carefully Oda planned this out.
Jul 30, 2009 5:04 AM

Sep 2007
And people say that Logia users are some of the best? Heck by all accounts thats the best, since if your DF user and there on dry land, just send a few thousand tonnes of sea water there way lol

But yeah it was a EPIC chapter. The assasination attempts were hilarious lol
Jul 30, 2009 5:36 AM

May 2008
Oda is <3.

It just keeps getting better and better! It will be even better when luffy comes!
Jul 30, 2009 5:38 AM

May 2009
ex0 said:
Oda is <3.

It just keeps getting better and better! It will be even better when luffy comes!
If Whitebeard keeps this up everyone will be dead by then

Jul 30, 2009 6:11 AM

May 2007
Great chapter. We needed this background information on Ace as we really don't know anything that happened to him after he left Luffy to become a pirate. And this chapter definitely solidifies the fact that Luffy and Ace met after the whole Luffy and Shanks fiasco and Shanks losing his arm.

It totally fits Ace's personality to fight Whitebeard like he did.

I really don't know what else to say. We got our background on Ace and Whitebeard apparently has the power to create earthquakes. That actually took me off guard. Whitebeard didn't seem like a person who had a devil fruit. Actually, it kind of puts a damper on the mystique that is Whitebeard -- for me anyway. I've always thought of him as the pirate with absolute power without the need of a DF. *Shrugs* Not too big a deal anyway.

YaYERZ said:

Well, its not like Luffy ever *needed* to mention that fact. And plus, he said that Ace told him to keep it a secret. It was only in typical Luffy fashion that he blurted it out like it was common knowledge. And Luffy not knowing his father makes sense. Or rather, we really don't know what happened to Luffy before he met Shanks. Who knows how young Dragon left him as a child, or if they ever met at all. And this chapter just told us that Ace DID tell Luffy his father was Roger. It's pretty clear. Not to mention, it could have been Dadan who told Ace who is father was.

YaYERZ said:

This chapter gave me the impression that Ace got his devil fruit powers after he went to sea, thus, Luffy never saw those powers when they were young.

And once again, the last box on the last page "this era will come to an end," once again helps solidify my prediction that Whitebeard will fall.

Oh, by the way, does anyone else think that Akainu might be blind? The fact that Oda has constantly hidden his eyes under the shadow of his cap is interesting. Unless his DF power revolves around his eyes...
VK11Jul 30, 2009 6:23 AM
Jul 30, 2009 6:23 AM

Feb 2008
And so, what could be the biggest shitstorm in the history of One Piece, has started =D
Jul 30, 2009 6:31 AM

Jan 2008
OMG! He fuckin cracked the air!
Jul 30, 2009 7:16 AM
Apr 2009
YaYERZ said:

I don't see how there has been plenty of times he could've mentioned it. Before no one has ever asked him anything of the sort about Ace's father. And if it's supposed to be a "secret" why would he randomly say it out loud? And... as for how he found out, clearly Ace knows who his father is. Luffy seems to not know who his father is, more so because he's an idiot. Ace is more of the knowledgeable type, and I'm sure he actually would've asked Garp who his father is.

YaYERZ said:

I'm confused as to what you mean by this... I mean, obviously Shanks had the scar since like 10 years ago, when he met Luffy. Thus proving he battled Blackbeard long before he was in Whitebeard's crew. Assuming that Blackbeard had just joined when Ace was eating with him. And...Whitebeard wasn't in this scene... Ace was talking to Shanks about wanting to meet Whitebeard, and told him that he was Luffy's brother. They had a party and became rather close, thus Shank's concerns when he discovered Ace was chasing Blackbeard.

YaYERZ said:

Yeah, Sengoku is a total failure for this. He seems like the strategic type... But, I guess Whitebeard's ship being coated surprised them. Still, all in order so a huge tsunami can wipe them out? Maybe they're expecting Aokiji to save them. And lmao at how convient Whitebeard's fruit is too.

YaYERZ said:

Naw, Luffy said he couldn't beat Ace even with his devil fruit. As in, before Ace ate his. I'm assuming from the flashbacks that Ace ate it sometime between the 3 years after he left. Seems to be rather early really... since he was still captain of the Spade pirates when he was shown as a fire-man. Not to mention I recall Sengoku putting his joining Whitebeard at around a year ago or something...although I might be wrong about that last fact.
Jul 30, 2009 7:56 AM

Dec 2008
Hiasubi said:
And people say that Logia users are some of the best? Heck by all accounts thats the best, since if your DF user and there on dry land, just send a few thousand tonnes of sea water there way lol

But yeah it was a EPIC chapter. The assasination attempts were hilarious lol

+1
Yeah Whitebeard totally flushes everyone if they don't run and fast. On the other hand, Ao Kiji can stop the tsunami pretty easily. And Kizaru is fast enough to avoid it, too.
Jul 30, 2009 8:18 AM

Jul 2008
THE BATTLE BEGINS =D
Ah so Ace was once the leader of the Spade Pirates..
and was also even able to meet Shanks
Wonder what is Shanks upto at this time lolz
Jul 30, 2009 8:27 AM

Jul 2008
great chapter only luffy can nonchalantly say that he knows that Ace is the son of Gol D. Roger xD

Jul 30, 2009 8:48 AM

May 2009
Keo, everyone has already realized I'm an idiot. There nothing left to see here

Jul 30, 2009 8:51 AM

Oct 2007
Wow! Quake man! That has potential to own anything. Whitebeard has become unstopable in my eyes even with his aging. Next chapter it's happening.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines
Jul 30, 2009 8:55 AM

Feb 2009
ntHai said:
OMG! He fuckin cracked the air!

lmfao, that part was dope
Jul 30, 2009 9:35 AM

Nov 2007
I'm surprised that Luffy already knew that Ace was the son of Gol D. Roger, hmm.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Jul 30, 2009 9:38 AM

Jan 2009
This chapter was epic, i loved the background we got on Ace, it was much needed. I am actually disappointed that WB has a DF, makes him see less badass. But w/e WB is still awesome. My only question is with all these powerful people around is what kind of roll with Luffy and his little crew have.
Jul 30, 2009 10:24 AM

Jul 2008
even luffy knew ace's secret! and now we get to see ace's past when he left the island and became a pirate; and now we get to see whitebeard go pwn the marines, hes a quakeman!
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Jul 30, 2009 10:42 AM

Jul 2008
WHITEBEARD THAT FUCKIN DUDE DAMN MARINES DONE FUCKED UP

5/5
Jul 30, 2009 11:10 AM

May 2008
YaYERZ said:
ex0 said:
Oda is <3.

If Whitebeard keeps this up everyone will be dead by then

lol true. also its funny how last chapter people wanted to see how luffy would react if he found out roger was ace's father. And at the very beginning of this chapter luffy just casually mentions it. I think BB is going to make an appearance and all 3 groups are going to fight.
Jul 30, 2009 11:19 AM

Dec 2007
ClearSinz said:
THE BATTLE BEGINS =D
Ah so Ace was once the leader of the Spade Pirates..
and was also even able to meet Shanks
Wonder what is Shanks upto at this time lolz

Well i think the last time we heard about shanks. The marines said he was in battle with Kaidou, because kaidou wanted to fight whitebeard and shanks intervened. I didn't re-read the previous chapters so im not sure xD
"So you're saying that something someone besides me has to say could have meaning?" - Excalibur (Soul Eater)

"We impose order on the chaos of organic evolution. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it."
Jul 30, 2009 11:24 AM

Apr 2009
Does WB have any Haki powers? Cause I don't see how he can take on the Admirals with just "earthquake" powers.
Jul 30, 2009 11:43 AM

Jun 2009
Well, this christmas in july chapter brings a couple of things.

yeah, luffy already knew, and actually solved the question of who was gonna break the news to the impel down escapees. plus it is hinted that dragon will not be coming.

jimbei can indeed fight on par with ace (whether this is because of his water abilities or because he can fight logias is still a question, probably both).

ace was invited to be shichibukai! wtf? actually, one of the bigger bombshells this chapter is that ace and the spade pirates have been as impressive as the strawhats (finding shanks, fighting jimbei). even the crew sacrifice scene was better - ace and whitebeard v. zoro and kuma.

ace tried to kill whitebeard so many times, it fits right in to his loyal personality. and whitebeard picked up ace not knowing his lineage, contrary to what sengoku said.

another whopper this chapter is that privately whitebeard and crew tried to stop ace from going after whitebeard (probably recognizing his strength), but publicly supporting him. this makes ace going alone more understandable.

whitebeard cracked the air! wow... whitebeard being a df user would normally diminish his awesomeness, but this particular df, plus sengoku's announcement that it can destroy the world... there is actually a df more powerful than logias!

lastly, this chapter has finally ended the annoying debate about the three powers being equal in power. the new equation is now: Marines + Shichibukai = 1 Yonkou. whatever happens from here, the world government will be seriously crippled.
Jul 30, 2009 11:47 AM

Feb 2009
EPIC IS EPIC!

Jul 30, 2009 11:59 AM

Nov 2007
AlExile said:
Does WB have any Haki powers? Cause I don't see how he can take on the Admirals with just "earthquake" powers.

Well he used to smack Ace around so I wouldn't think he'd have a problem with Logias.
Jul 30, 2009 12:06 PM

Jun 2009
Oh, and Oda made a drawing mistake with Whitebeard last chapter (like the one with Croc).

I also liked seeing Thatch and Teach in the flashbacks.
Jul 30, 2009 12:53 PM

Jun 2008
Man I love this manga, god bless Oda.
It was so random that Luffy actually knows Gold Roger is Ace's dad.
LMFAO @ Ace trying to kill whitebeard while hes walking and sleeping.
And that whitebeard guy seems pretty strong if he holds the power to destroy the world.
Can't wait till Luffy finally get his enterance.
Jul 30, 2009 1:00 PM

Jan 2009
mm the tsumi kinda screws up the marines too much. I could picture aokiji freezing the tsumi or something else stopping it. Also whitebeards DF could be a logia (an earth man?) Also some devils fruit have pictures of them right? Like blackbeard planned the darkness DF, whitebeard could have planned gettin that one.
Jul 30, 2009 1:04 PM

Feb 2009
dang the latest chapters have been so intense so far. I am surprised to see whitebeard as a fruit user though, always figured he was one of those regular guys that was strong enough to take on fruit users
Jul 30, 2009 1:10 PM
Nov 2007
so Luffy knows about Ace's father, surprising, I think who told that Luffy is Ace and Garp told to Ace...

Ace's efforts to kill WB was hilarious

I hope Luffy can make his entrance next week..

and since the battle between WB pirates and WG was on topic, I thought that WB going to die during the war, but now I am not so sure, quakeman, well he can easily turn marine headquarters upside down...
Jul 30, 2009 2:16 PM

May 2007
Luffy: Oh yeah, Ace's dad is Gold Roger, you know.

That just killed me XD It's so much like Luffy to just blurt it out like that. And I was imagining to how he would react when he finds out about that. But he actually knew all along. Once again Oda, you had us... XD

Whitebeard is awesome, I think his ability is really fearsome... I mean, he could ACTUALLY destroy the world with a bunch of earthquakes, you know.

Jul 30, 2009 3:12 PM

Jun 2009
konpachi said:
mm the tsumi kinda screws up the marines too much. I could picture aokiji freezing the tsumi or something else stopping it. Also whitebeards DF could be a logia (an earth man?) Also some devils fruit have pictures of them right? Like blackbeard planned the darkness DF, whitebeard could have planned gettin that one.

whitebeard's df was given in the chapter.

when I read the chapter again, it seems that shanks doesn't know about ace being the son of his former captain.
Jul 30, 2009 3:43 PM

Apr 2009
the word badass was created for whitebeard =DDDDDDDDD
Jul 30, 2009 3:44 PM

May 2007
fisher_88 said:
konpachi said:

whitebeard's df was given in the chapter.

when I read the chapter again, it seems that shanks doesn't know about ace being the son of his former captain.

Well, before the news was announced by Sengoku, nobody outside of Whitebeard, Luffy, Ace, Garp and some top ranking marines knew Ace was Roger's child.
Jul 30, 2009 4:24 PM

Jun 2009
^^ I knew that - this was just a response to some who speculated that Roger's crew knew about it beforehand.

Also, Shanks is a party animal and most likely an alcoholic as well.
Jul 30, 2009 6:29 PM

May 2008
I just noticed that WB's laugh is gurararara, and his fruit turns out to be gura gura fruit..

Anyone know of anyone elses laugh that we haven't seen their DF power yet? Like rogers or akainu etc?
Jul 30, 2009 7:19 PM

Aug 2008
ex0 said:
I just noticed that WB's laugh is gurararara, and his fruit turns out to be gura gura fruit..

Anyone know of anyone elses laugh that we haven't seen their DF power yet? Like rogers or akainu etc?

yeah i noticed his laugh after his fruit was named, but never noticed for other laughs gotta go and check some famous laughs now.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1069 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FMmatron - Dec 6, 2022

86 by Kakuneon »»
Apr 17, 11:48 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1112 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - Apr 16

3 by thebrentinator24 »»
Apr 17, 8:34 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 5 Discussion

JoquishaJoestar - Jan 19, 2010

32 by vsuc »»
Apr 17, 1:43 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1111 Discussion

FMmatron - Mar 19

47 by Zorowork »»
Apr 16, 2:27 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 768 Discussion

YerinArelius - Nov 19, 2014

47 by KoniginElle »»
Apr 14, 2:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.