Forum Settings
Forums

Last anime you watched (UNFINISHED) >>> Thoughts

Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Post New Reply
Sep 28, 2009 12:57 PM

In WTC, there are question and answer arcs. They appear out of order to fuck with the viewer. You have to figure out which join together.

With "going back in time", you're actually referring to parallel universes. FYI, question and answer arcs take place in the same universes.

S1 doesn't make sense. S2 is supposed to answer the questions.

Sep 28, 2009 1:05 PM

Pandora Hearts (7/25)

I love the art and animation in this one so far. The music is great as well. The story is not bad up till now. I found it very very similar to Kuroshitsuji.

Sep 28, 2009 3:51 PM

Aionic said:
In WTC, there are question and answer arcs. They appear out of order to fuck with the viewer. You have to figure out which join together.

With "going back in time", you're actually referring to parallel universes. FYI, question and answer arcs take place in the same universes.

Parallel worlds just make it seem completely idiot. I was actually expecting something extremelly good, with all the hype. But we'll see...
Waratte Oemashou Sore ha Chiisana Inori

Sep 28, 2009 3:56 PM

ladyxzeus said:
Aionic said:

Parallel worlds just make it seem completely idiot. I was actually expecting something extremelly good, with all the hype. But we'll see...

.................................................engrish hehe
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!

Sep 28, 2009 5:10 PM

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters - 7/224

Get this, the Japanese dub is actually GOOD :O Seriously though, I'm really enjoying myself watching this. I absolutely despised the 4Kids dub. But watching it in Japanese is like a brand new experience!
Modified by Soundtrack, Oct 3, 2009 9:31 AM

Sep 28, 2009 5:13 PM

ladyxzeus said:
Aionic said:

So was I, but there are too many retarded things about the series that I couldn't care about the story enough to keep watching.

Sep 28, 2009 5:32 PM

Solty Rei - Ep 4/2X? - Eng Dub (OnDemand) - What the hell is this crappy ace CG they use? Its so ugly.

Sep 28, 2009 6:58 PM

Baccano! - 8 / 13 - The show on a whole is awesome. It's paced... interestingly and has spectacular animation. But with the amount of characters it has, I find myself clueless once in a while. Plus the time jumping is a little confusing before I got the hang of it.

Overall, wicked anime with hilarious characters and a fascinating plot.

+1 for the fact that this last episode was mainly about Isaac and Miria! <3

Sep 28, 2009 9:42 PM

Hunter x hunter..

So frustrated..

T_T

Sep 28, 2009 9:46 PM

Darker than Black 10/26 - it is SO epic so far. I'm dying to watch the next disc (I'm renting Netflix DVDs for the highest video quality possible...)
I *really* hope the series doesn't screw up towards the end. So far I've been very impressed with everything this show has done - character-wise, plot-wise, animation-wise, pacing-wise, etc etc.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Sep 29, 2009 12:13 PM

Hayate the Combat Butler! 23/52

I loved the Death Note jokes XDDD

Sep 29, 2009 3:10 PM

Gankutsuou. Not at all what I expected. Amazing. I hope it can keep up this level of greatness the whole way through.

Oct 2, 2009 7:22 PM

romeo x juliet (13/24) its so beautifully i hope it doesnt end like the original although it probably will

slam dunk (4/101) omg its so freakin hilarious im suprised they didnt show it in america

Oct 2, 2009 9:49 PM

Soul Eater 9/51

I guess it's alright so far, except for Black Star who is annoying me a LOT

Oct 2, 2009 11:42 PM

Prince of Tennis 5/178

So far so good.

Oct 3, 2009 12:47 AM

Valkyria Chronicles 25/26
Biggest shocker happened this episode, I so wasn't expecting it. Definitely one of he best anime that aired during the spring season. =D

Final episode's coming up soon, I wonder how it will all end?

Oct 3, 2009 12:50 AM

I'm watching NANA today and It's going pretty well ;)

Oct 3, 2009 8:35 AM

Mushishi 20/26

A splendid example of a good episodic series so far. Every case has been interesting, sometimes even surprising, without resorting to many cheap storytelling tricks.

Eigi man ek þá lǫg jómsvikinga ef ek kviði við bana eða mæla ek æðruorð. Eitt sinn skal hverr deyja

Oct 3, 2009 8:46 AM
Darker than BLACK ep. 14-16

I really love this anime. It's fast paced all the time, and I love the fights! They're so good animated, and I also love how the music fits perfectly in. So far, it has been such a great show!

Oct 4, 2009 7:07 AM

Bakemonogatari: 4

A series filled with dialogue and a highly intelligent, violent, hot girl; a girl who hides a weaker side. When I say it like that, it reminds me of Spice and Wolf...

In truth, Hitagi's character aside, the two are nothing alike. Bakemon combines monster stories with characterization and a lot of insanity. It started with Hitagi slipping on a banana at school, a male student (Araragi) catching her, realizing she had no weight and Hitagi later putting a stapler in Araragi's mouth to threaten him. It's also full of jokes referencing anime early on, with 'tsundere' and 'moe' getting mentions, as well as some quality ecchi service. (Hitagi has no issue walking around in her underwear, or naked for that matter.)

What the popularity of Horo and Hitagi tell me is that, for many, those character types are a guys wet dream. A perfect girl in terms of intellect, looks and heart (and having an added dominatrix, 'put males in their place' thing added on top.)

Anyway, Bakemon is a bit mad, really. Visually, it's distinctive, with the characters and certain parts of the background standing out because of the use of vivid colours, in contrast to the rest being dull. Rather than locations, I often see parts of the background standout. It was awkward at first but, after getting into it, I like the style.

I'm looking forward to watching some more later.

Oct 4, 2009 7:37 AM

Asura cyrin well it's hard to say much since I could barely understand it

Well the the plot is all over the place too much stuff happens at once in every episode
it makes it seem like it's leading some where it's just plain incoherent.
I don't know there a ghost and some robots stuff happens that doesn't make sense
there a flash back to some random stuff

only seen 3 eps looks like it might turn into a harem for some reason

Characters are generic VERY generic Pretty much the meaning of generic
art pretty unappealing if I'm honest
Animation is fine I guess

how this got a second season is beyond me
I'm still gonna watch the rest since I don't like to leave things unfinished
and maybe it will get better?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!

Oct 4, 2009 8:52 AM

Divergence Eve - 6/13
The fanservicey designs, mediocre monster design, and poor CGI continue to be glaring flaws, to the extent that it actually becomes difficult to take the story seriously. Which is a shame, because it's really a very serious, very good show.

Queen's Blade - 5/12
I wish Queen's Blade was a hentai. Or I wish Queen's Blade had no fanservice at all. I could actually respect Queen's Blade if it met either of those criteria. But, alas, I'm just left being annoyed by how much fanservice there is; it really could have been a much, much better show.
Confucius say man who stand on toilet is high on pot.

Oct 4, 2009 11:25 AM

Akikin

Just amazing

See

Oct 4, 2009 11:32 AM

Haruhi Suzumiya Ep. 7-11

I like it, but it's a little overrated. I thougth it would be... a little more exciting. No offense, Haruhi lovers x3 I still like it and will watch it done, and I'm pretty sure I'll rate it a 7-9 depending on the end (Well, there is a second season anyway so, we'll see x3)

Digimon Tamers Ep. 2-50

I mean, seriously, most people think this is a kids show that's boring. Well, I'll agree it's mostly a kids show, but there are some good fights, and deaths, and the japanese Dub adds feeling. Also, it's so sweet to watch shows from my younger childhood ^__^

Oct 7, 2009 9:17 AM

Kobato. ep 1

Hmmm... not so bad. It seems ok so far I hope it will get better :D

Oct 7, 2009 1:49 PM

Kamichu! 10/12

Very relaxing, a great work. Recommended so far.

Oct 7, 2009 1:59 PM

CLANNAD A.S. 24/25

Oct 7, 2009 2:31 PM

Queen's Blade - 9/12
I thought that the character designs couldn't get any more ridiculous, that the fanservice would have some limits. How could I have been so mistaken... Please, Queen's Blade, stop with these failed attempts at fanservice, please.
Confucius say man who stand on toilet is high on pot.

Oct 7, 2009 3:10 PM

ef: a tale of melodies - ep 9/12

loved the first season but was told that the second season wasnt as good so i put off watching it for a few months. its nothing like i expected it to be. melodies brings the deep episodes like the prequel but its so much darker. the story follows the supporting characters of memories and tbh i dont personally think these characters are as strong as renji, chihiro, kei, hiro, miya.

Its on track for an 8 though.

Oct 7, 2009 5:28 PM

Elfen Lied 1-3

COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Oct 15, 2009 1:20 AM

Kimagure Orange Road 18/48

So far, this has proven to be a very entertaining show. The lead male, Kyosuke, can be a little naive at times but, when he screws up he usually tries to fix his mistakes as fast as possible.

The lead female, Madoka Ayukawa, fairs much better and is probably one of the more unique female characters I can think of in the romance genre. At first, she appears to be your typical Tsundere love interest. But, she isn't and it would be a disservice to typecast her as that. You see, Kimagure apparently means whimsical and that term fits Madoka perfectly.

The second, more forgettable, female lead is Hikaru Hiyama. I can't figure out the purpose of her, except for maybe the whole love triangle thing. The problem is, 18 episodes in there is almost no evidence that Kyosuke is even remotely interested in her. And, for good reason too. She's loud and obnoxious, in the most annoying way possible. The good news is that most of the show focuses on Kyosuke and Madoka's relationship, at least so far, and Hikaru's screen time suffers because of that.

The rest of the cast is fairly forgettable, and that's okay. The show focuses on the three main characters, as it should. The music is very 80's in focus, but I think it sounds good and the show was created during the 80's so don't expect any groundbreaking animation. Also, some reactions can be sort of over the top at times and can be annoying imo. But, the core story is so good I can forgive these very minor flaws.

So far, i'll give Kimagure Orange road an 8/10. It could easily become a 9 if it keeps up the pace, it's that good.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia

Oct 15, 2009 6:15 AM

I've been watching a lot of animes lately but I'll just go with one of the newer ones thats out.

Letter Bee: 2/-

Okay this is a rather strange anime with an odd plot, but after watching I realised it looks to be promising.

An 18 year old "Letter Bee" named Gauche travels the country delivering "letters" to his destinations without fail. These "letters" can be anything, food, animals, documents or even people. On one of his missions he has to deliver a 7 year-old boy named Lag to his Mother's old friend in a distant town, as his mother was taken away by some mysterious men, leaving him alone.
On the way to delivering Lag to his destination safely, both of them face many difficulties and hardships, but also learn things about each other too and begin to form a bond.
5 years later, after Gauche delivered Lag to his destination, and told Lag that they would always be friends, Lag became a Letter Bee after being inspired by Gauche, and is now aiming to find Gauche who mysteriously went missing, and to also get leads on why his mother was taken away.

The art style is really nice, it reminds me of Pandora Hearts for some weird reason.

Anyway I really like it so far, I think right now I'd rate it 7/10 and possibly rising to 8/10 if it gets better. ^^

Oct 15, 2009 8:55 AM

Aionic said:

Just finished the 4th episode. Though I'd have to disagree with Aionic at one point and that is Senjougahara's character. I still find her extremely...what to say...weird. Weird and bitchy. And she's purposely made that way. She IS a quality character and a unique and interesting one too but not one which I find delightful. I find her rude comments about Araragi highly amusing though. Then again, my opinion might be biased because I myself am a female.
Regarding Araragi's character, he's your typical highschool guy but not typical at all either. I doubt someone could stand so much insult. And I doubt more that any girl would so easily and readily walk around naked like that. But I still enjoy watching the pair and you can't blame them since Bakemonogatari is an INSANE anime.

The anime just kept me O.O throuhgout each episode.
Yes. Just like that. Even though i've not seen much anime but nothing like this ever crossed my laptop. It keeps you hooked. It keeps you wondering. It makes sure you pause and properly read the text (Araragi's thoughts usually) which flits across the screen every 5 seconds or so. The style it is presented in is absolutely different. You'll only find the main characters on the screen. No one else. And I mean no one. There's no noise, no sound effects, no other living being. Just the characters, their voices and the silent background (which stands out more than anything else)

The anime depresses me and rouses my curiosity spontaneously. But my eyes never leave the screen. Depressing depressing but at the same time, makes me want more.
Just one word: MAD

This could pass off as a review. =/

Oct 15, 2009 9:21 AM

Kampfer episode 2- ok till now. Fan service is cool. Kampfers are hot and cute.:)

Full moon o sagashite 9- why i chose to watch this is cuz it is said to be quite emo. Well, till now no notable emo scene comes out yet. looking forward to be hopelessly emo. XD
We are the United. Even in defeat we stand united.

Oct 15, 2009 9:54 AM

Death Note 26/37

I started watching it because of the POTATO CHIP meme, and the intricate plot got me hooked from the first episode. Absolutely loved Light and L's mad chessmaster skillz so far, keikaku doori indeed. (TL Note: Keikaku means plan)

And it seems like we're having a new arc on the next episode, be looking forward to it.

Gendai Mahou 3/12

for(int i = 0; i<9000; i++)
System.out.println("Pantsu");

Oct 15, 2009 10:48 AM

SOUL EATAH 20/51

Recently I fell in love with Soul Eater. I started watching it months ago, then I took a break cuz it was boring but then I saw some amv's, and I'm totally horny to see these candysex animeated fights. Though the story isn't the non plus ultra. I still enjoy the comdey elements. It could be one of my favorite anime. I have to go on.

Oct 15, 2009 11:46 AM
Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Episode 15

This just keeps getting more interesting with each episode. Can't wait for 16.

Oct 15, 2009 11:56 AM

EphemeralWind said:
Death Note 26/37

(TL Note: Keikaku means plan)

Lol saw that in a motivational poster once.

Anyway.

07-Ghost 7/26:- I seriously think I'm gonna drop this.

Oct 15, 2009 5:46 PM

Ouran High School Host Club - 6/26

This show is brilliant. It's extremely hilarious. Being a guy, the only aspect of the show I don't like is the twins being gay :/ But I guess since it's a shoujo, the twins' homosexuality is fanservice for girls.

Oct 15, 2009 6:28 PM

The Daughter of Twenty Faces - 7/22

I thought I'd like this one a lot and I was right. The plot was moving at a slow, happy pace and then BAM WTF. I'm really looking forward to the coming episodes.

Oct 17, 2009 2:23 AM

k0k0 said:
Aionic said:

Just finished the 4th episode. Though I'd have to disagree with Aionic at one point and that is Senjougahara's character. I still find her extremely...what to say...weird. Weird and bitchy. And she's purposely made that way. She IS a quality character and a unique and interesting one too but not one which I find delightful. I find her rude comments about Araragi highly amusing though. Then again, my opinion might be biased because I myself am a female.

It's her eccentric personality that makes her loved. She's socially inept, coming across as robotic, and her comments towards Ara are amusing because of it. It's hard to tell when she's being a tsundere and when she's simply being direct, her face and voice not revealing much. The way she walks around naked, not blushing at all, and tells Ara (with a straight face) how she's going to cinvince him that her friend isn't kinky is what makes her a stand-out character.

When watching from a distance, she's a dream girl. But, if she was real and you knew her, you'd think of her as an evil bitch and be afraid of her stapling ways. It's a case of dreams and reality conflicting. Then again, if you were Ara and had an eccentric, extremely hot girl blowing hot and cold - either trying to harm you or expressing love whilst trying to harm you - you might be tempted to stick around.

...but, yeah, I can see why a straight female doesn't like her. If there's no attraction, she's evil. (She does show her sweeter side later, though.)

Oct 17, 2009 2:28 AM

Welcome to the NHK!

24/24

Oct 17, 2009 3:56 AM

Higurashi no etc. KAI O_O
15/26
lol
It's so lovely when they try to be intelligent and fail.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes
60/110
You know what you got to do for me to give a score of 10. One of the most awesome things I've been allowed to watch.

Oct 18, 2009 3:00 AM

Kimagure Orange Road 30/48

Well, it had to happen I guess. It's hard for any show to not hit a part where it drags or just isn't as entertaining as it was at the start and, i'm afraid, that KOR has reached that point.

Some, no, most of the last few episodes are "fillers" in the most literal sense I can think of. An episode based on the family cat, what the hell is that? That's almost, but not quite, as bad as Excel Saga's episodes based on that retarded dog.

Thankfully, of the four episodes i've watched tonight two were actually quite good and developed some of the shows side characters and, sort of, pointed at some actual development between Madoka and Kyosuke. But, I won't get my hopes up. There are still 18 episodes left, so I bet there's more filler.

Still, it is an entertaining show with one of the more interesting female leads in Madoka, though, even she is losing her edge. 7/10 and falling.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia

Oct 18, 2009 3:32 AM

Phantom Requiem Of The Phantom
11/26

Oct 18, 2009 5:00 AM

Higurashi etc. Rei
1/5

One expression for this: wtf.

Oct 18, 2009 5:02 AM

Taotao Ehonkan Sekai Doubutsu Banashi 7/52

Cute episode.

Oct 18, 2009 11:26 AM

Bakemonogatari 10/12
I seriously don't know what to make of it. It's overrated that's for sure. But at the same time it's very unique and disturbing. It's insane.
Quite below my expectations.

Kuroshitsuji 11/24
Going awesome as ever. I came across a MAJOR spoiler before even starting the series but it still keeps its enjoyment. Mystery, thriller and comedy. Good mix and a different type of anime.

Oct 18, 2009 1:41 PM

Clannad After Story 19/24

jesus fuck im never going to get over ep. 16

Oct 18, 2009 10:33 PM

Full Metal Alchemist. I've only gotten as far as ep. 13. My computer unfortunately doesn't play DVD's and I don't have any DVD player at the place I'm renting, so I figure I'd be stuck this way for a while...

Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »