Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 5 Discussion


Oct 19, 2012 3:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 436
ssjokg said:
Mixxu said:
So Rika is in adult form and knows Beatrice and Beatrice knows Rika as some kind of powerful Witch named Bernkastel.

Oh know I was so sure this is not going to start from beginning but I guess it's going to go that way. My question is now that did Bernkastel made that alternative future where everyone was okay too. And because Battler couldn't solve the mystery in time she reset everything and now he going to solve it again. I don't know this is just crazy.

But that's why I love this show let's hear once more or who knows how many times Battler's theories again. Now if this going to be similar pacing like Higurashi let's see how long this is going to continue.

No dont try to solve this like it is Higurashi.Forget everything about Higurashi. Bernkastel isnt Rika.


ah dont just say berkanstel isn't rika.....she is but she isn't.....
 
Oct 19, 2012 3:06 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 16925
_retro_reactive said:
ssjokg said:
Mixxu said:
So Rika is in adult form and knows Beatrice and Beatrice knows Rika as some kind of powerful Witch named Bernkastel.

Oh know I was so sure this is not going to start from beginning but I guess it's going to go that way. My question is now that did Bernkastel made that alternative future where everyone was okay too. And because Battler couldn't solve the mystery in time she reset everything and now he going to solve it again. I don't know this is just crazy.

But that's why I love this show let's hear once more or who knows how many times Battler's theories again. Now if this going to be similar pacing like Higurashi let's see how long this is going to continue.

No dont try to solve this like it is Higurashi.Forget everything about Higurashi. Bernkastel isnt Rika.


ah dont just say berkanstel isn't rika.....she is but she isn't.....


Regardless of how she was born,she isnt Rika.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Mar 18, 2013 8:01 PM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 536
rika?
 
Apr 19, 2013 7:16 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 117
Im so mindfucked right now, but everyone has played the VN , so all posts contain spoilers :@
 
Apr 19, 2013 7:18 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 117
ssjokg said:


Regardless of how she was born,she isnt Rika.


SPOILER MUCH ?
 
Jul 26, 2013 4:45 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 1267
Oh, Battler, you're awesome.

Rykyr said:
Im so mindfucked right now, but everyone has played the VN , so all posts contain spoilers :@

I understand how you feel...
 
Oct 16, 2013 6:01 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 52
Just what is going on??
But oh my, this anime is awesome!
 
Dec 20, 2013 11:29 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 428
Was that Rika from Higurashi? Well I don't think it was actually her but that similarity....wow. I like this anime a lot. Mysteries are one of my gerne.
A Story will always come to it's end. The thing is, will you move on after it's over?
 
Jan 25, 2014 3:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 382
You don't know how much i love the BGM that used at Bern's appearance on this ep. Great episode, overall.
I don't follow any of the threads that i'm in.
 
Apr 20, 2014 10:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 310
Honestly, I didn't love this episode as much as everybody else. I get why the VN people like it, they get it,but I don't understand how the others can say it was a good episode. I mean, I didn't understand a thing of this.
The only part that was priceless was Bernkastel, I was a total fangirl when she was talking. So by what she said I'm guessing Battler will be able to do it all over again until he can solve the mystery? Was that her power or Rika's? I don't know anything anymore...
 
Oct 29, 2014 6:27 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 86
It cant be..rika?
 
Nov 28, 2014 6:02 AM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 890
holly god RIKA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!........... THIS IS GETTING INTERESTING NO NO EPIC :3
 
Jan 19, 2015 1:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 4166
Mixxu said:
So Rika is in adult form and knows Beatrice and Beatrice knows Rika as some kind of powerful Witch named Bernkastel.
.

OMG total bullshit.
Even if it is THAT Bern, just remember, in Higurashi Bern existence is created from all pain which Rika desired. So Bern =/= Rika at all even in Higurashi! If you people don't understand even that simply basis, don't even try to watch rest of this show.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
 
Jan 25, 2015 10:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 9737
I am confused on what's going on, I guess just have to see how it will go.
"The blood makes us human, makes us more than human, makes us human no more." -Master Willem from Bloodborne.



 
Aug 19, 2015 3:36 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 896
Battler is starting to piss me off. Damned idiot won't believe witches exist even if they murder his friends right in front of him or transform into frigging golden butterflies.

Nice to see you too, Rik-- Bernka.
 
Oct 30, 2015 12:29 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 448
They killed Natsuhi -_-.(I knew it was gonna happen anyways.)
Maria's retardness evel is OVER 90000!
 
Dec 20, 2015 9:45 PM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 602
Ooo, Beatrice! LOL, Maria was so fucking cute when she answered the question about who killed the servants... :)
LOL, and she keeps on Ooo-ing, hahaha... Horie Yui is simply the best for the role! First 5 episodes/first story were really good, I liked it! 8/10!
 
Feb 5, 2017 9:45 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 2585
The fuck just happened???
The mystery was just getting good and now everything got reset? WHAT
 
Feb 7, 2017 8:16 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 11
Aquamirror said:
The fuck just happened???
The mystery was just getting good and now everything got reset? WHAT

Saw your post and wanted to help a bit seeing as you seem to not have seen any of the When They Cry franchise ie. Higurashi

The When The Cry (WTC) franchise is quite well known for their repeating timelines as you see here in Umineko. The author of this franchise Ryuukishi07, is quite well known for his repeating timelines as you have seen here. He uses these repeating timelines to tell a mystery story by creating different stories seen through different characters viewpoints to create in all honesty a great story. While there is a mystery of every timeline there is also an overarching mystery that the viewer is trying to solve, which each arc gives small hints of how to solve it.

This goes into one of the most defining features of the WTC franchise Question and Answer arcs. Because if how he lays out his arcs, we never really get true answers shown to us until you get to the answer arcs (you are currently in the question arcs).

Also thr second half of this episode is what is known as the tea party. There is one of them at the end of every arc to recap what has happened to help you figure out what is important and what is not for that particular arc.

Hope that helps in the slighest
 
Feb 7, 2017 8:22 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 2585
Hovlane said:
Aquamirror said:
The fuck just happened???
The mystery was just getting good and now everything got reset? WHAT

Saw your post and wanted to help a bit seeing as you seem to not have seen any of the When They Cry franchise ie. Higurashi

The When The Cry (WTC) franchise is quite well known for their repeating timelines as you see here in Umineko. The author of this franchise Ryuukishi07, is quite well known for his repeating timelines as you have seen here. He uses these repeating timelines to tell a mystery story by creating different stories seen through different characters viewpoints to create in all honesty a great story. While there is a mystery of every timeline there is also an overarching mystery that the viewer is trying to solve, which each arc gives small hints of how to solve it.

This goes into one of the most defining features of the WTC franchise Question and Answer arcs. Because if how he lays out his arcs, we never really get true answers shown to us until you get to the answer arcs (you are currently in the question arcs).

Also thr second half of this episode is what is known as the tea party. There is one of them at the end of every arc to recap what has happened to help you figure out what is important and what is not for that particular arc.

Hope that helps in the slighest

Thanks, I actually thought about that in the end of ep 7 because some things were familiar. Well, I will see how this plays out, so far not a big fan of that structure, but as you explained it now, it indeed sounds more interesting.

I see you know more about the franchise, could you answer these questions:
Is Umineko adaptation really that bad? What episode starts to divert or miss the most out of the story?
Was it mistake to watch this before Higurashi? Is Higurashi adaptation good?
 
Feb 7, 2017 8:34 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 11
Aquamirror said:
Hovlane said:

Saw your post and wanted to help a bit seeing as you seem to not have seen any of the When They Cry franchise ie. Higurashi

The When The Cry (WTC) franchise is quite well known for their repeating timelines as you see here in Umineko. The author of this franchise Ryuukishi07, is quite well known for his repeating timelines as you have seen here. He uses these repeating timelines to tell a mystery story by creating different stories seen through different characters viewpoints to create in all honesty a great story. While there is a mystery of every timeline there is also an overarching mystery that the viewer is trying to solve, which each arc gives small hints of how to solve it.

This goes into one of the most defining features of the WTC franchise Question and Answer arcs. Because if how he lays out his arcs, we never really get true answers shown to us until you get to the answer arcs (you are currently in the question arcs).

Also thr second half of this episode is what is known as the tea party. There is one of them at the end of every arc to recap what has happened to help you figure out what is important and what is not for that particular arc.

Hope that helps in the slighest

Thanks, I actually thought about that in the end of ep 7 because some things were familiar. Well, I will see how this plays out, so far not a big fan of that structure, but as you explained it now, it indeed sounds more interesting.

I see you know more about the franchise, could you answer these questions:
Is Umineko adaptation really that bad? What episode starts to divert or miss the most out of the story?
Was it mistake to watch this before Higurashi? Is Higurashi adaptation good?


I have no idea about the Umineko anime as of yet, the only reason why I saw your post is because I decided to start watching it after I read the manga and am personally trying to form my own opinion on how the series is.

As for where it starts to divert, I know for a fact that the anine only adapts to the end of the question arcs, so if you want the answer arcs you are going to have to read the manga or the visual novel for it, starting with the 5th manga/visual novel chapter titled Umineko No Naku Koro ni episode 5.

While normally people do watch/read Higurashi first before moving onto Umineko, it is not required to see it first, though there are some minor spoilers in the series if you pay close attention to them, though it is mostly cameos and such.

As for the Higurashi adaption, Higurashi is by far my absolute favorite anime out there, while I do see some of the problems many people have with it, such as the art, I can personally overlook it and highly enjoy the series. I read the manga afterwards and only judging based on that it is a pretty good adaption of the series. They had to drop a few character traits of the main cast but nothing that I think was too revolutionary from it
Modified by Hovlane, Feb 7, 2017 8:45 AM
 
Feb 7, 2017 9:26 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 2585
Hovlane said:

As for where it starts to divert, I know for a fact that the anine only adapts to the end of the question arcs, so if you want the answer arcs you are going to have to read the manga or the visual novel for it, starting with the 5th manga/visual novel chapter titled Umineko No Naku Koro ni episode 5.

Ah, I see, thanks. Well, that kinda sucks, but I guess I will read the manga after that. I wanted to buy it on Steam, but I saw it was only the Question Arc, which now I understand what it means...
Maybe that first comment sounded too harshly, it certainly caught me off guard, but I have more hope now. XD

Hovlane said:
While normally people do watch/read Higurashi first before moving onto Umineko, it is not required to see it first, though there are some minor spoilers in the series if you pay close attention to them, though it is mostly cameos and such.

Alright, that doesn't sound like a big deal. I will watch it sometime in the future then, looks promising and I don't care about the art at all. :p
 
Feb 7, 2017 9:31 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 11
Aquamirror said:
Hovlane said:

As for where it starts to divert, I know for a fact that the anine only adapts to the end of the question arcs, so if you want the answer arcs you are going to have to read the manga or the visual novel for it, starting with the 5th manga/visual novel chapter titled Umineko No Naku Koro ni episode 5.

Ah, I see, thanks. Well, that kinda sucks, but I guess I will read the manga after that. I wanted to buy it on Steam, but I saw it was only the Question Arc, which now I understand what it means...
Maybe that first comment sounded too harshly, it certainly caught me off guard, but I have more hope now. XD

Hovlane said:
While normally people do watch/read Higurashi first before moving onto Umineko, it is not required to see it first, though there are some minor spoilers in the series if you pay close attention to them, though it is mostly cameos and such.

Alright, that doesn't sound like a big deal then. I will watch it sometime in the future, looks promising and I don't care about the art at all. :p


Yeah unfortunantly the remade version of the answer arcs for the vn's are not out yet. I saw that one of your favorite anime is Shinsekai Yori, from my experiance Higurashi has an extremly simmilar setting to Shinsekai Yori, so I think you would really like it.
 
Jan 29, 9:28 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 2896
Battler attempts to destroy Beatrice with FACTS and LOGIC
 
Top
Pages (11) « First ... « 9 10 [11]