Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Aug 6, 2009 8:16 AM

Jun 2009
Mammoth said:
They usually do live in their wielders' inner worlds but they can materialize. Usually it's just when they're training for bankai but I guess Muramasa has some way of freeing them and turning them against their wielders.

I get your point, but still I think it is kind of weird having all the materialized Zanpaktou in the same place discussing how they are going to rebel. It's a bit stupid actually!!
Aug 6, 2009 9:26 AM

Jan 2009
About the fight with Zangetsu, it was a inner fight, happening in his inner self. Zangetsu could only materialize before Ichigo. So your point is "invalid"!

Are you sure? If that's the case, then what was this thing Urahara invented for, that looked like doll or something? Yoruichi was observing their fight, how can that be possible if Zangetsu was materializing only in Ichigo's mind? She even commented the fight...
If Ichigo had to beat Zangetsu in order to achieve Bankai, he could do it in his inner world..
Aug 6, 2009 12:09 PM

May 2009
Wow! This, in my opinion, could be the greatest filler arc ever! The concept is great and it looks like the zanpaktou are all strong as hell. I'm hoping to see Ryuujin Jakka...

This Fairy Tale Is Ending
Aug 6, 2009 3:14 PM

Jun 2009
LiarK said:
About the fight with Zangetsu, it was a inner fight, happening in his inner self. Zangetsu could only materialize before Ichigo. So your point is "invalid"!

Are you sure? If that's the case, then what was this thing Urahara invented for, that looked like doll or something? Yoruichi was observing their fight, how can that be possible if Zangetsu was materializing only in Ichigo's mind? She even commented the fight...
If Ichigo had to beat Zangetsu in order to achieve Bankai, he could do it in his inner world..

I don't remember percisley this scene but i have some doubts about yoruichi actually seeing the fight between Ichigo and his Zanpaktou and if she really made some comment on this fight. My points and doubts are presented underneath.
First: Ichigo couldn't get his bankai through an inner fight due to the time constriction, so he had to go on with Uraharas method in order to achieve his bankai in just three days so he could save Rukia. ( this i'm sure of)
Second: I don't remember seeing Yoruichi commenting the fight or even seeing Zangetsu (i have the idea she just saw Ichigo flying alone through the whole stage) and if she saw something, it would probably be because of the dummy/doll you mentioned before

PS. Even if you're right, i still see the situation of Zanpaktous reuniting themselves in order to prepare a rebellion ridiculous and pathetic (sorry for those who saw in this something exciting or even interesting)

Thanks to Danchou who helped in the making of this reply
Aug 6, 2009 5:24 PM

Nov 2008
RambaZamba91 said:
I don't remember percisley this scene but i have some doubts about yoruichi actually seeing the fight between Ichigo and his Zanpaktou and if she really made some comment on this fight. My points and doubts are presented underneath.
First: Ichigo couldn't get his bankai through an inner fight due to the time constriction, so he had to go on with Uraharas method in order to achieve his bankai in just three days so he could save Rukia. ( this i'm sure of)
Second: I don't remember seeing Yoruichi commenting the fight or even seeing Zangetsu (i have the idea she just saw Ichigo flying alone through the whole stage) and if she saw something, it would probably be because of the dummy/doll you mentioned before

PS. Even if you're right, i still see the situation of Zanpaktous reuniting themselves in order to prepare a rebellion ridiculous and pathetic (sorry for those who saw in this something exciting or even interesting)

Thanks to Danchou who helped in the making of this reply

I'm not sure you understand how shinigami achieve bankai. First they have to prepare (meditation and such, I guess) for about ten years so their zanpakuto can materialize. When it materializes, they have to defeat it (I assume this always involves special conditions like Zangetsu's test did) and then they can use bankai. Urahara's method forced the zanpakutou to materialize for a day so the user can skip right to the test. There is no way to achieve bankai through an inner fight and when a zanpakuto materializes, everyone can see it (but even before that, they can show themselves to their wielders like Zangetsu did when Ichigo fought Kenpachi.)
As for the zanpakuto hanging out in that cave, I have no idea what that was about but I guess they'll explain that later.
Aug 6, 2009 6:06 PM

Jun 2009
Mammoth said:
I'm not sure you understand how shinigami achieve bankai. First they have to prepare (meditation and such, I guess) for about ten years so their zanpakuto can materialize. When it materializes, they have to defeat it (I assume this always involves special conditions like Zangetsu's test did) and then they can use bankai. Urahara's method forced the zanpakutou to materialize for a day so the user can skip right to the test. There is no way to achieve bankai through an inner fight and when a zanpakuto materializes, everyone can see it (but even before that, they can show themselves to their wielders like Zangetsu did when Ichigo fought Kenpachi.)
As for the zanpakuto hanging out in that cave, I have no idea what that was about but I guess they'll explain that later.

Mine and ramba's problem is not with the bankai, we actually get how it all works. We are just arguing the whole concept of materialization of a zanpaktou. We are not saying that the materialization infront of others is wrong, we are just saying that it is a bit ugly and that it changed our personal perception of how they worked and untill now the artist never gave us a real hint on the materialization part. Again we are not saying that it is wrong, we are just saying that what happened in this last episdode doesn't suit us, I f you read our first comments you'll get it. We just got a little pumped up with all the posts and we strayed away from what we actually wanted to say. Untill now the artist only gave us two examples of shinigami getting their bankai, Ichigo and Renji. You can't just base yourself on Ichigo because he was a special case. And with Renji you don't even know if he actually fought you only see him caged along side with his materialized zanpaktou and I believe nobody saw him with it... Thanks for the post!!
( Danchou and Ramba)
Aug 6, 2009 7:54 PM

Feb 2008
this is going to be the best filler arc Bleach has ever made. In fact its the only filler arc that has meaning and a story to back it up.
Aug 7, 2009 3:20 AM

Nov 2008
Actually, Renji came to the same cave Ichigo used to train for bankai and he materialized Zabimaru. I guess it could be that Yoruichi and Ichigo didn't actually see it but I don't see why Kubo would draw him at all in that case. Plus all that doll did was skip the preparation and materialize Zangetsu by force, so Ichigo shouldn't necessarily be a special case. Kubo gave us plenty of hints that materialization completely summons the spirit to the outside world. But whatever, I'm not gonna argue with you.
Aug 7, 2009 6:43 AM

Jun 2009
I agree, let's not argue anymore. It doesn't matter who's right anymore (at least for me). I just don't like this whole concept of the Zanpaktous meeting and rebelling themselves, because the idea I had of them (right or wrong doesn't matter) was altered. But still this arc has some potential, i'll just have to wait and see. Maybe it will turn out to be something interesting.

PS. It was still a nice and interesting discussion (thanks for the replies)
Aug 10, 2009 3:53 PM

Apr 2009
good episode indeed orifinal material ftw
Aug 11, 2009 6:28 PM
Jun 2008
Not trying to restart the arguement, but it is more of a question that I would like someone to clear up, that the arguement kind of brought up. I can't remember correctly, but did or did not Yorichi say anything to zangetsu? It's been awhile, so I can't quite remember...
Aug 11, 2009 6:42 PM
Aug 2009
yea its really intersting i was wonderign whos zanpaktou was that morasama i was thinking Ishin but zaraki sounds like is the one but i dont know haha probably im the only 24 year old or older on this blog probalby most people that watch this are teens
Aug 12, 2009 2:09 PM

May 2009
amigocho said:
yea its really intersting i was wonderign whos zanpaktou was that morasama i was thinking Ishin but zaraki sounds like is the one but i dont know haha probably im the only 24 year old or older on this blog probalby most people that watch this are teens

I'm 24. X D
Aug 13, 2009 9:57 PM

May 2009
Zilpzalp said:
http://image.gd/image,show,1,54c3282dbc0c9d16fe2ec903eee417d525c68b80,3
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_485YA3c9vf0/SCi7TPJU8qI/AAAAAAAAAR0/6qP6338Nkgo/s400/code-geass-r2-6.jpg

Questionmark.

Hahaha! So Muramasa has a Geass, that's how he gets the Zanpakutou to follow him!
Aug 14, 2009 4:52 AM

Nov 2008
Yemi_Hikari said:
Not trying to restart the arguement, but it is more of a question that I would like someone to clear up, that the arguement kind of brought up. I can't remember correctly, but did or did not Yorichi say anything to zangetsu? It's been awhile, so I can't quite remember...

Yes, she did.
Aug 14, 2009 9:59 AM

Jan 2009
Lvhina said:
Wow, forget the main story line...this is going to be interesting.

so i get that Zangetsu is unaffected by all of this? since ichigo couldn't hear any noises
diamond9393andaAug 14, 2009 10:13 AM

Aug 16, 2009 4:54 AM
Sep 2008
hate fillers!! what does this crap add to the story how is it relevant to the growth of our characters what does it add?????
Aug 16, 2009 5:52 AM

Nov 2008
Time for the manga to get ahead of the anime.
Aug 16, 2009 9:43 PM
Jun 2008
Mammoth said:
Yemi_Hikari said:

Yes, she did.

Thanks very much, I kind of thought so...
Aug 23, 2009 3:39 PM
Apr 2009
negative1111 said:
Wouldnt it be awesome if kenpachi gets bankai in this arc :D (aint gonna happen, i know.)
Damn, he would become godlike. If your reiatsu and power get 5-10 times stronger when in bankai he would beat aizen and genryuusai like it was nothing. I mean, he already has more than captain bankai reiatsu, if he gets bankai he would have TEN times captain reiatsu. That would be 5 times more than aizen, at least.

I think zaraki is supposed to be the strongest of the new generation captains (all captains except commander, unohana, kyoraku and ukitake) since he has killed the lowest ranked espada so far. Soi fon and hitsugaya might be stronger.

I agree with you on the first part. Its unreal if you think about it.. No shinigami is good without his zanpaktu, NO ONE.. If you hand a normal katana to all the captains there power would be divided by like 10.. Not only that, zaraki is already one of the strongest captains, and he uses a random broken sword.. Lmao if you think about it good, he would be able to beat ANYONE if he actually got a zanpaktu and a bankai. Bankai increases your power like 10x as well.

Let stand having a random rusty cheap katana without shikai or bankai

Edit: I am watching this ep now =D. I'm really confused by the timelines though..I thought he could never show his bankai, renji, cause he wanted to hide it (Like ikkaku) or that was only ikkaku.

Shit and so epic, seeing all these forms. Some look really awesome. I like the girl, the misty sand type of the vice captain of ice dude (wow i'm forgetting everyones names)

And the ice dude looks epic haha
SsjbryandoAug 23, 2009 4:31 PM
Aug 25, 2009 9:19 PM

Jul 2007
This new filler arc is probably the coolest thing I've see in Bleach for a good while. I have high expectations.
Aug 25, 2009 11:54 PM

Jan 2009
digiboy123 said:
This new filler arc is probably the coolest thing I've see in Bleach for a good while. I have high expectations.

Sure, it's the coolest filler, but still, I want the main story, stupid manga, can't it be as far ahead of the anime as Naruto is?xD
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Aug 26, 2009 4:57 AM

May 2009
Wow. I'm impressed. This is a fucking hell of a good filler arc.

This is awesome. I thought I was gonna drop the series until the fillers were finished but this might be even better than the main story. Ahem, who noticed Murasama is extra sexy ? XD I was liek " *SQUEEEEEEL* Hawt ! "

Anyway, I haven't been this excited with Bleach in centuries. I'm really looking forward to the next epi :D
Aug 26, 2009 5:36 AM

Jan 2009
Nanakogin said:
who noticed Murasama is extra sexy ?

No, he looks like a crossing between Orochimaru and Zangetsu : D (Oh wait, I already mentioned this .. earlier : D
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Aug 28, 2009 1:24 PM

Dec 2008
Fuck the main story for right now. These fillers look like they can be really promising. Cant wait to see Ichigo's in full body form standing in front of Ichigo.
Sep 13, 2009 10:32 AM

Mar 2009
If its going to be this awesome from now on I dont even care that its fillers.

Oct 20, 2009 1:21 PM

May 2008
Has anyone noticed that Muramasa looks like Gackt in the video Le ciel by Malice Mizer?

The outfit and the long white nails are awfully similar
Kyomu9Oct 20, 2009 1:58 PM
Oct 23, 2009 8:43 PM

Jun 2009
haineko looks like kallen from code geass
tee hee hitsugaya wanted candy
this is gonna be an awesome arc, i want to see yachiru and kenpachi's zanpakuto
Dec 2, 2009 6:10 AM

Jul 2009
this arc looks awesome, we finally get to see the manifestations of everyone elses zanpaktous. I'm really looking forward to this arc. Kazeshini was awesome, suzumebachi and haineko were cute. Can't wait to see wabiskue and all the others. Oh and Yumichikas reactions with his znpaktou, since he purposefully calls it out of his name to show only part of its abilities. Maybe his Zanpaktou will confront him.
Mar 16, 2010 3:22 AM

Mar 2007
Well it was eventually going to come to this, high profile characters finally getting some massive air time :)

Loved every minute of this ep. Ep was so great I almost forgot how HORRIBLE the ending song was. WTF

"What happens when we die?" I know that the ones who love us will miss us.
May 3, 2010 8:14 AM

Sep 2009
Very interesting!! 4/5
May 24, 2010 5:36 AM

Oct 2008
Wow, bleach fillers seem interesting this time.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jun 20, 2010 4:04 AM
Apr 2008
For filler this seems really good... I think I'll watch this.

Sep 10, 2010 12:37 AM

Jan 2010
Zanpakutou in true forms. My favorites are Sode no Shirayuki and Hyouninmaru
Nov 14, 2010 3:34 AM

May 2009
Mar 25, 2011 1:33 AM

Jan 2008
This looks interesting.
Apr 27, 2011 3:24 PM
Mar 2010
Wow that was a great episode. Hopefully we'll be seeing some of the less show cased zanpaktous and not just the usual. As long as this doesn't drag too much this filler looks promising.
Nov 19, 2011 7:12 PM

Mar 2009
Epic filler is Epic!

Highly surprised, need moar nao!!

Urahara Out!!
Mar 31, 2012 9:58 PM

May 2011
This is amazing. I'm usually a fan of Bleach fillers anyway but this was on a whole different level.

5/5
Jul 4, 2012 12:08 AM

Apr 2011
Amagai said:
Is it me or did the high budget gothic styled animation make this ep feel like a Bleach movie, something reminiscent of "Diamond Dust Rebellion." I love the character style of the guy who is controlling all the other zanpuktos and his evil laugh give me kicks and chills.Hisagi's zanpukto form is deadly and scary. Is it me or is Captain Commanders Vice Captain a weakling and hasn't proven much yet? I mean c'mon you get owned less than a second against 1 hit from Ichigo and then drop face forward into the ground in front of all the other captains and lieutenants, geeez. Anyways I'm really interested to see where this is going and how much better hopefully this will progress and not worse.

And 1 last comment, why isn't there any night fights? to me the environment & moon lit sky brings out the best fights in Bleach. OH yeah, I love the score/music that's playing when the Hisagi's zanpakuto is doing the shinigamis in like at the end of "Ninja Resurrection OAVi."

I was thinking along these lines while watching it, it definitely feels like a movie when you are watching this episode. Definitely a great intro to the arc and a good setup episode for things to come.
Jan 20, 2013 8:09 AM

Apr 2010
One of the best fillers so far. I can't wait to see what's going to happen next. :3
Jun 27, 2013 9:02 PM

May 2013
Heehhhh~ omoshiroi >:)
Oct 27, 2013 8:44 PM

May 2012
This sure took a huge change in events, I love it!
Apr 5, 2014 12:35 AM

Oct 2013
Wow this should be interesting.

Sep 19, 2015 8:41 AM

Dec 2013
dat hyourinmaru is so damn hawt *Q*
Jan 18, 2016 1:54 PM

Jul 2013
Wow, this story of the Zanpakto being freed and mutiny!!!! lol.

That's so damn awesome! The leader who, whoever he was, he was hot <3

I can't wait to see where this heads.

How will the soul reapers beat them if they have no real way to fight them? since they are their fighting spirits as it were lol.
Aug 14, 2016 8:06 AM
Mar 2016
1. i really wanna see kenpachi and his pink haired vice captain. i wanna see her in battle and what her abilities are
2. this filler looks amazing
Aug 14, 2016 8:07 AM
Mar 2016
also, do they know ichigo at this point? is he gonna come and help?
Feb 27, 2017 12:00 PM

Apr 2009
ah- ah- ah- i can't even _xD!
this is the arc i've been looking forward to watch since almost 10 years ago ^.^---

people i've started to feel sorry for; Hisagi and Kira -w-

but ho daaamn!
this arc... is gonna be so. awesome *w*
.....and so many ikemen -w-...
ladyboners be ON!
I like to comment Episodes as i Watch them.
Apr 8, 2018 5:32 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
This is the first time that I'm finding Bleach's fillers to be impressive. We'll be getting to see the Gotei 13's zanpakuto forms, and that sounds super cool. Surprisingly, this has me more interested in Bleach than what the canon storyline was doing, excluding the upcoming Ulquiorra fight.

Also, no wonder why Hisagi says that he's scared of his zanpakuto XD
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

» Bleach: Project Hogyoku (2024) - redefinition of the original anime

dzudoKing - Feb 1

15 by 18927 »»
2 hours ago

Sticky: » How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete) ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ariamachi - Oct 16, 2010

208 by Ridzaxster »»
Apr 21, 3:18 AM

» Overrated

NeoToad - Apr 1

49 by Dabitsu »»
Apr 20, 2:10 AM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 176-177 Discussion

Pokedude97 - Jun 25, 2008

41 by AdamSylph »»
Apr 18, 6:27 PM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 175 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Pokedude97 - Jun 18, 2008

54 by AdamSylph »»
Apr 18, 5:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.