Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 28, 2009 12:55 PM

Apr 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, forget the main story line...this is going to be interesting.
Jul 28, 2009 1:00 PM

Nov 2008
Yeah, I haven't been this excited about Bleach in ages.
This was obviously a high-budget episode and the rest will have much worse animation but the story seems really interesting.
Also, Kazeshini (Hisagi's zanpakuto) is awesome.
Jul 28, 2009 1:38 PM

Apr 2008
Mammoth said:
Yeah, I haven't been this excited about Bleach in ages.
This was obviously a high-budget episode and the rest will have much worse animation but the story seems really interesting.
Also, Kazeshini (Hisagi's zanpakuto) is awesome.

Yeah, now i can really understand why Hisagi fears his zanpakuto so much lol

My favorite so far has to be a toss up between Matsumoto's and Hitsugaya's.

I'm really curious about Kenpachi's.
Jul 28, 2009 1:54 PM

Oct 2007
For the first time in 230 episodes long, I almost doubt myself for believing that is a filler LOL

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Jul 28, 2009 2:12 PM

Oct 2007
Looks to be a decent arc and going well so far and the animation was awesome too!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 28, 2009 3:02 PM
Jul 2018
Wait who was kazeshine? I didnt get who belonged to who. Except matsumoto, she has a cat woman zanpakuto resembling yoruichi.

Can you take some screenshots of them? :P
Jul 28, 2009 3:08 PM

Jul 2008
oo this is interesting
havent found myself quite excited bout bleach fillers in a while lolz >_<
doesnt seem to be a filler at all =D

negative1111 said:
Wait who was kazeshine? I didnt get who belonged to who. Except matsumoto, she has a cat woman zanpakuto resembling yoruichi.

you can always check the new ed,
hope that helps
Jul 28, 2009 3:10 PM

Mar 2009
Ok... 4 out of 5.
Jul 28, 2009 3:12 PM

Jul 2008
That was actually...beyond my expectations of Bleach's typical fillers. Count me in, I'm excited. And a;dskfaksdf Kazeshini wow. Also I liked the animation this episode (LOL HITSUGAYA) and the story seems decent.
negative1111 said:

After a tear of blood (I'm assuming) falls from one of Muramasa's eyes, Kazeshini, I'm pretty sure, is the one rampaging and cutting Shinigami up with his dual-scythes.

And for the zanpakutou identities, there's a comment here about it.
cabaretJul 28, 2009 3:25 PM
Jul 28, 2009 3:14 PM

Jun 2009
This filer looks sick (never thought I would say that) defintly better than the bount and the blond brat, Lurichcrap or what ever she was called.
could any one tell which zanpakto 'body' went with which person. I could only pick out the obvious.
Believe in me that believes in you.
Jul 28, 2009 3:18 PM

Oct 2008
Siva said:
For the first time in 230 episodes long, I almost doubt myself for believing that is a filler LOL

Same here! I'm didn't even realize the half-way mark, so I was highly upset when I saw the ending song come up.
This is promising.
Animation and the questionable plot is good!
Hitsugaya being chibi-fied at times was hilarious. xD
The new evil guy....his nails....it must be so hard to pick his nose..o.o;;
As long as this doesn't turn into one thing...I'll be fine..
The Bounto Arc.
YoruichiS2Jul 28, 2009 3:23 PM
Jul 28, 2009 3:35 PM

Apr 2009
wow, that was beyond what I was expecting for a filler. I actually enjoyed this a lot. A darker feel than usual episodes. Seeing the zenpaktous' true forms, I'm excited about this arc. Many of them looked really bad ass. I think my favorites would have to be Hyourinmaru and Kazeshini
Jul 28, 2009 3:39 PM

Feb 2008
OMG! I am just downloading it, and I can't wait for it to finish.. XD
Jul 28, 2009 3:43 PM

Apr 2008
cabaret said:

Of course the one i'm most interested about, Kenpachi's, is ?????. LoL i'm too eager to see his.
Jul 28, 2009 3:45 PM
Jul 2008
Is it me or did the high budget gothic styled animation make this ep feel like a Bleach movie, something reminiscent of "Diamond Dust Rebellion." I love the character style of the guy who is controlling all the other zanpuktos and his evil laugh give me kicks and chills.Hisagi's zanpukto form is deadly and scary. Is it me or is Captain Commanders Vice Captain a weakling and hasn't proven much yet? I mean c'mon you get owned less than a second against 1 hit from Ichigo and then drop face forward into the ground in front of all the other captains and lieutenants, geeez. Anyways I'm really interested to see where this is going and how much better hopefully this will progress and not worse.

And 1 last comment, why isn't there any night fights? to me the environment & moon lit sky brings out the best fights in Bleach. OH yeah, I love the score/music that's playing when the Hisagi's zanpakuto is doing the shinigamis in like at the end of "Ninja Resurrection OAVi."
"To see with eyes unclouded by hate"

-Prince Ashitaka, "Princess Mononoke"
Jul 28, 2009 3:47 PM

Dec 2008
nice episode
Jul 28, 2009 4:02 PM

Nov 2008
best arc so far
Jul 28, 2009 4:24 PM
Jul 2018
Lvhina said:
cabaret said:

Of course the one i'm most interested about, Kenpachi's, is ?????. LoL i'm too eager to see his.

I would laugh my ass of if it was a female. Or if it turned out his sword is some sort of flower power kidou based xD
Jul 28, 2009 4:31 PM

Feb 2008
Just watched it.. Awesome! I am so looking forward to this.. When I think about, we really needed something like this to rest from the Hueco Mundo arc..
Jul 28, 2009 4:37 PM

Jul 2009
Wow, normally I'd just skim through the episode, but this one... This was epic =O
Toshirou also got more screen time ^^
Normally I wouldn't like these, but this is quite interesting =O
Jul 28, 2009 4:44 PM
Dec 2007
Perhaps Masamune guy is supposed to be owned by Kenpachi and feels so ignored now that he is making all Zankaputos (whatever spelling goes) rebel.
Jul 28, 2009 4:47 PM

Nov 2008
negative1111 said:
I would laugh my ass of if it was a female. Or if it turned out his sword is some sort of flower power kidou based xD

Well, there is that theory that Yachiru is his zanpakuto. It's unlikely, but interesting.
I'm expecting some skeleton or something like that. Since that was the shape his reiatsu took when he and Ichigo charged at each other. (Ichigo's took the shape of a hollow mask)
Also, that robed figure could belong to Unohana or Nemu as well. We don't know it's Kenpachi's.
grieverblade1 said:
Perhaps Masamune guy is supposed to be owned by Kenpachi and feels so ignored now that he is making all Zankaputos (whatever spelling goes) rebel.

Nah, Masamune was a famous Japanese sword-smith. I'm not sure if this guy's just named after him or if it's really supposed to be him but I'm guessing he's related to the origin of the zanpakuto.
Nyuu3Jul 28, 2009 4:52 PM
Jul 28, 2009 4:55 PM

Apr 2009
Amagai said:
Is it me or did the high budget gothic styled animation make this ep feel like a Bleach movie, something reminiscent of "Diamond Dust Rebellion."

Actually, while watching this, it did remind me of "Diamond Dust Rebellion." I think it was the animation, the over all feeling the episode gave, and it helps that toushirou got more screen time.

Right now, I'm wondering when the next OST is scheduled to release? I'm looking forward to it.
Jul 28, 2009 4:58 PM
Jul 2018
Wouldnt it be awesome if kenpachi gets bankai in this arc :D (aint gonna happen, i know.)
Damn, he would become godlike. If your reiatsu and power get 5-10 times stronger when in bankai he would beat aizen and genryuusai like it was nothing. I mean, he already has more than captain bankai reiatsu, if he gets bankai he would have TEN times captain reiatsu. That would be 5 times more than aizen, at least.

I think zaraki is supposed to be the strongest of the new generation captains (all captains except commander, unohana, kyoraku and ukitake) since he has killed the lowest ranked espada so far. Soi fon and hitsugaya might be stronger.
Jul 28, 2009 5:10 PM
May 2009
Interesting episode but starts off way too slow :P Can't wait untill the next episode is aired.... :(((((( (wants the new episode now!)
Jul 28, 2009 5:21 PM

Apr 2009
negative1111 said:
Wouldnt it be awesome if kenpachi gets bankai in this arc :D (aint gonna happen, i know.)
Damn, he would become godlike. If your reiatsu and power get 5-10 times stronger when in bankai he would beat aizen and genryuusai like it was nothing. I mean, he already has more than captain bankai reiatsu, if he gets bankai he would have TEN times captain reiatsu. That would be 5 times more than aizen, at least.

I think zaraki is supposed to be the strongest of the new generation captains (all captains except commander, unohana, kyoraku and ukitake) since he has killed the lowest ranked espada so far. Soi fon and hitsugaya might be stronger.

Kenpachi said his reiatsu is so big he couldn't seal it even if he wanted to.
Jul 28, 2009 5:24 PM

Jan 2009
Wow This is the first time ive ever look forward to a bleach filler, great job on there part.
Jul 28, 2009 5:59 PM

Aug 2008
That was...pretty interesting.

This has to be the best filler ever. Screw all the crappy stuff they've been putting us through...they should just make this into a full fledged Arc in Bleach. LoL.

It reminded me of the "Diamond Dust Rebellion" also.
Pretty awesome we get to see all of their physical forms.
Jul 28, 2009 6:22 PM

May 2007
NICE. This is the first time in a very long time that i've actually enjoyed watching an episode of bleach. I hope the rumors are true and this arc turns out to be 50 something eps, because we'll get a (hopefully) good anime original arc, and maybe the main storyline won't suck as much after having a year to plan.
Jul 28, 2009 6:24 PM

Mar 2008
Very cool for a filler so far.

This all but confirms that Zaraki will meet his zapakuto an achieve bankai at some point in the bleach story.

The reason that Kenpachi and Yachiru weren't there is that they can't show us anything about their zanpakuto yet. That will be a major plotline later on.
Jul 28, 2009 6:30 PM

Feb 2009
Awesome. This is the best filler we've had yet (we'll at least for the time being). Pretty cool how we now get to see all the zanpakuto's forms. Can't believe I'm saying it but I'm psyched for these fillers.
Jul 28, 2009 6:34 PM
May 2009
Lots to say here, so I'll only post some.

I really hope my interest for this story won't be unfulfilled like the last one did about two seasons ago, because given the amount of "new villains" introduced, we're in for a season-long filler! :( Kubo himself supposedly wrote this, so I hope it lives up to our excitement, and I'm a very harsh critic! The animation is movie-quality and the premise is a fresh but very natural extention to the Bleach universe (but I thought Renji's zanpakto came in the form of baboon?). The animation in Toshiro's office was by far the best in many years- I wonder if a different animation director was hired. I say "new" in quotations, because we really knew about these zanpakto spirits for years, which is a very clever idea.
the1gaironJul 28, 2009 6:38 PM
Jul 28, 2009 7:07 PM

Aug 2007
I'm actually kind of looking forward to this arc too. Only thing I don't agree on is some people saying the animation seems better. I didn't notice this at all, or it could just be Dattebayo's notoriously low-quality encoding... But still, I guess I'm actually looking forward to more.
Jul 28, 2009 7:12 PM

Feb 2008
I did notice that Animation is better.. But I wasn't watching This episode subbed by DB..

Anyway, I think it reminded you of Diamond and Dust, because the finishing scene of D&D is on the Soukyou hill.. Like the most of the Anime was.. :3
Jul 28, 2009 7:15 PM

Apr 2008
I'm really interested to see how they're gonna fight against their zampakutous.
Suzumebachi is just too cute. XD
Jul 28, 2009 7:37 PM

May 2009
I'm really excited to see what this arc is going to turn into. How awesome would it be if the vaizards, along with ichigo, had to play a role in saving all their zanpakutou. It will probably lean more towards inner conflict between each Shinigami.

I just really hope it's not their regular swords and a little bit a kidou fighting with their zanpakutou, that would be a let down.
-=Dear gravity don't let me go, hold me like the winter holds the cold=-
Jul 28, 2009 8:04 PM

Feb 2009
Pretty good episode, it seems more interesting than real story, lol.
Jul 28, 2009 8:04 PM

Aug 2008
I think it is going to be kidou (but for someone like Hinamori and Soi Fon, is that even a bad thing?) until Ichigo (since Zangetsu is probably fine) and the gang come to help. I do wonder if Urahara's is fine.

I will remain skeptical regarding whether or not I will like this, since Bleach filler has a tendency to overstay its welcome.
Jul 28, 2009 8:08 PM

Feb 2009
noteDhero said:
I think it is going to be kidou (but for someone like Hinamori and Soi Fon, is that even a bad thing?) until Ichigo (since Zangetsu is probably fine) and the gang come to help. I do wonder if Urahara's is fine.

I will remain skeptical regarding whether or not I will like this, since Bleach filler has a tendency to overstay its welcome.

I dont think zangetsu is fine, he was trying to tell something to ichigo but at last he didnt, I think ichigo is the only one whos gonne be able to use hes normal powers, using Ogishi...
Jul 28, 2009 8:18 PM

Aug 2008
Great episode... The animation for the new ED was good aswell, but that song is absolutely terrible... One of the worst I've heard...
Jul 28, 2009 8:20 PM

Mar 2009
This is exciting and very interesting! I hope it stay that way...

Anyway can't wait for the next episode!
Jul 28, 2009 8:27 PM

Aug 2007
Truthfully I was pissed off when I heard that Bleach was going to have 50+ filler episodes or so, but I was so glad that I was able to watch this arc. Screw the the real episode right now. This is the BEST filler arc that Bleach had.
Jul 28, 2009 8:33 PM

May 2009
sparks said:
Truthfully I was pissed off when I heard that Bleach was going to have 50+ filler episodes or so, but I was so glad that I was able to watch this arc. Screw the the real episode right now. This is the BEST filler arc that Bleach had.

a bit hasty to say that after just one episode, but indeed looking promising:p
Jul 28, 2009 8:34 PM

Oct 2008
Liked it.
Jul 28, 2009 8:55 PM

Apr 2009
Interesting. Love Sode no Shirayuki's human form.
Jul 28, 2009 8:55 PM
Aug 2008
although i would love to see Kenpachi's zanpakuto i don't think it will be here because all the zanpakuto that are reveled so far are ones that have been in contact with there Shinigami and seem to belong to all the people that were called to the hill. although kenpachi didn't go, the message went to the other captains directly but his went to the bald guy (can't remember his name right now) instead of him.

this arc should be great
Jul 28, 2009 9:08 PM

Jun 2007
Whoo that was great
I wanted Rukia's to be a sexy ice guy :D

and omg Yumichika's and Byakuya's look awesome!
Jul 28, 2009 9:13 PM

Jul 2009
After seeing the beach episode, I wasn't expecting something like this at all. I just want to see Zaraki take a lead role in this arc. I wouldn't mind at all if they left Ichigo out of this arc so that we get more of the other characters.
Jul 28, 2009 9:20 PM

May 2009
noteDhero said:

I agree with you but why do you think this is?

Is it because bleach fights are naturally dragged out and they feel like they have to do the same even if there is much less substance in a filler fight? This formula is great for a movie but for a year long filler arc it recalls bad memories of me sitting through another Bounto arc.

Another reason could be the terrible endings of each filler arc. Whether it's Kariya's plan evaporating into thin air or Amagai's sudden realization of stupidity. Each of these left a sour taste in my mouth about the whole arc.

Well it's trial and error and they have more practice now so here's hoping that they can tie up this arc better than their previous ones.
-=Dear gravity don't let me go, hold me like the winter holds the cold=-
Jul 28, 2009 9:22 PM

Jan 2008
Awesome episode, i hope this continues for years :3 So much better than main story
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete) ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ariamachi - Oct 16, 2010

208 by Ridzaxster »»
Apr 21, 3:18 AM

» Overrated

NeoToad - Apr 1

49 by Dabitsu »»
Apr 20, 2:10 AM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 176-177 Discussion

Pokedude97 - Jun 25, 2008

41 by AdamSylph »»
Apr 18, 6:27 PM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 175 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Pokedude97 - Jun 18, 2008

54 by AdamSylph »»
Apr 18, 5:48 PM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 174 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BishounenTatsumi - Jun 11, 2008

57 by AdamSylph »»
Apr 12, 6:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.