Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Higurashi When They Cry: Abducted by Demons Arc
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Oct 15, 2020 9:50 AM
Oct 2019
Oh my god that fingernails thing just made me screaming, i hope my neighbor didn't hear that... 😅
Oct 17, 2020 5:53 AM
Oct 2018
So this is the famous fingernail scene everyone was talking about. Gotta say lived up to the hype...so cringeworthy. The screams made it even worse. Sonozaki family is crazy.
Oct 22, 2020 10:20 PM

Apr 2020
Damn so finally got some context on the infamous, Nail ripping scene. It was so agonizing to sit and watch for me and while those other people are just fucking spectating like its nothing.
--AbiSa--
Oct 28, 2020 5:34 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Its really happening, the whole loop of Keiichi's activity at the Kotoko arc already been done on these answering arc too. Its really him, Satoshi, that killed the aunt of them. Then, as a blame, a random drugger used. Ofc its actually started out by Sonozaki family scheme. And everyone were just follow the plan pretty smoothly. Its even showed how Mion actually had so much care to Shion, knewing her responsibility kinda easy as a person labeled a trash by the whole family. But, her demon personality was not over already. She was still a cruel shit with all of that punishment. The bad was still a bad habit. They (Sonozaki) might've been the real suspect for the dissaperance of Satoshi. Maybe he was hide under that underground room, or might be the shrine of Oyashiro at the top of the hill, as their sacrifice. It might be a hint why Keiichi looks double at Kotoko's arc. But, for the real answer, i stopped my suspect into that sentence. Welp!

Now, for the real shit. How Shion respond with the dissaperance of Satoshi? Would the demon side of Mion actually became a real mad? Lets see the next!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 30, 2020 2:06 AM

Oct 2016
I had to pause for that fingernail scene bruh, though it wasn't that bad but, it still made me cringe.

It was Satoshi who killed the Aunt but, why did they have to cover it up though and say that a random drug addict was responsible hmm. I need answers.

I feel really bad for Shion though, she didn't deserve that shit. She spit facts though, what era are they living in. Those crazy traditions isn't acceptable anymore damn.
Dec 2, 2020 8:56 AM
Aug 2020
fucking cultists
Dec 26, 2020 5:44 AM

Aug 2017
That Sonozaki family is crazy but I at least expected Mion to be supportive to Shion but not this cold. Or was it her "demon" side?
Mar 12, 2021 8:22 PM

May 2020
Eeee..... that fingernail tearing scene was hard to watch. I had to exit fullscreen to watch it and it still made me cringe.
May 23, 2021 5:01 PM

Mar 2014
Jesus the nail clipping scene seemed so fucking painful. I always cringe during scenes that have to do with nails. Poor Shion. At least her close ones were spared, apart from Satoshi who disappeared.
Jun 9, 2021 2:54 PM

Mar 2021
i take back what i said, this was the scariest episode yet. my stomach is still turning...
Oct 2, 2021 2:14 PM

Jan 2013
Screw that, having to rip off fingernails as a part of punishment ...

It is interesting to learn more and more about every character the more arcs we see, kind of getting a Twin Peaks feeling from it.
Dec 19, 2021 10:40 AM

Jun 2020
Nice Progression. They are tie up the loose ends one by one. Great way to build a story.

PS: I know plucking the finger nails in reality is a vicious and violent act. But with the setting of this story since we were already acquainted to the underground tool shrine I did not find the fingernail ripping to be disgusting or shocking, rather that that, I found it more apt to push us more into the Higurashi Verse and have a more exposure on the reality of Hinamizawa in the background.
RKASHYAP621Dec 19, 2021 10:48 AM
Dec 20, 2021 7:45 PM
Dec 2017
another nice episode i say

Jan 27, 2022 1:13 PM

Apr 2016
God I hope that old bitch and Mion get their comeuppance eventually. I hate them.
Mar 1, 2022 10:28 PM

Jul 2019
Damn, this time the borders of pain were wide open. Shion did her best to protect her dear ones right after erupting with swears at the head of the family but the short-term consequenses of nail wrenching were painful as fuck for her to finish the apology act.

So by the opinion of the investigators Satoshi is not a murderer and all that time there was an unidentified psycho who was hunting in the woods as an imitator of Oyashira-sama rage? WTF, we clearly saw that it was him attacking from behind. But where is the boy now after supposedly leaving the village up for good? I hope this side of story will clear up in nearest episodes.
Jun 1, 2022 10:48 AM
Nov 2020
Dawg, That was fucking painful.
Aug 28, 2022 8:59 AM

Feb 2021
Satoshi finally killed the aunt in a classic & brutal fashion.

Shion actually acted as a really good alibi for Satoshi but that in turn landed her in trouble with the Sonozaki family.

I hate that old Sonozaki dirtbag grandma. I really wanna see her get brutally murdered/tortured. Also, Mion is such a fucking snitch.

Oh god, that nail-ripping torture was painful to endure. It wasn't that gory or that injurious (no permanent damage) tbh but I could see myself being in Shion's place and that was the hard part.

May 24, 2023 9:10 PM
Oct 2022
Neesan-chan said:
I don't get it, why's everybody saying that the family is insane and stuff like that. As it was explained in the prev. ep., Shion must have been killed after she was born, because that was the rule for a twin of a family leader heir. Her life, however, was spared, and yet she tries to act like she's independent and shows no respect to the family, of which she is still a part no matter what she might think about it. Sonodzaki is a ruling and respected family, so Shion must be punished for her behavior and disrespect. That is exactly what fingernails removing does. BTW, I guess it is logical and even good enough: they didn't make her, for example, cut her whole (or a part of) finger off or anything like this. She received a great doze of humiliation and pain, and that was her punishment...

Don't think I'm some crazy cruel maniac or something, I really pity her for the pain and would never want anybody go through this. All I want to say is that what they do is not insane, it is very logical.
===

The greatest mystery for me now is what happened to Satoshi-kun. Desperate to know this!
Good argument. Normally, Yakauza families cut fingers off (usually the pinky) when you disrespect the family. The fact that it was just her nails does say a lot. 
Very logical and equally scary. 

I'm wondering the same, how did Satoshi "vanish," and where did he end up :o 
The series does a really good job and making you want to get answers by watching more 
Jul 26, 2023 7:57 PM
Jul 2023
.....it fucked me up
Nov 18, 2023 9:46 AM
Walpurgis

May 2023
not the fingernails 😭

god, this show is so good and horrific
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tekky99 - Mar 14, 2008

268 by walgreenscanada »»
Apr 13, 9:49 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 16, 2008

171 by Extremo888 »»
Mar 27, 3:44 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 17, 2008

210 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 21, 12:08 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 16, 2008

142 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 21, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Voltlighter - Dec 28, 2007

148 by Ratris_Decision »»
Feb 4, 12:14 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.