Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team Episode 12 Discussion

Apr 24, 2016 6:33 PM

It seems I'm in the minority in that while difrerent, it was a very good final episode
I don't think i could've picked a better gundam to be my first
9/10

Apr 25, 2016 8:44 PM

@SakurasouBusters It comes from your virginity relatively to "Newtypes". Reading eps comments here and reviews in general, most people don't stand this basic element in the original Gundam universe despite how important it became at the end of 0079 and it being key to the story of the most acclaimed series (Zeta, 0079's sequel). Some even hate it. Taking that and the fact the episode isn't directly related to the "main" ones except for a tiny link and its epilogue into into consideration, it is not surprising. (btw, only a fourth of the watchers gave it a bad mark in this poll)

Glad you liked it, strangely I couldn't lead myself to use this show as an introduction to its universe, maybe I should. ^^
I hope this infamous episode made you a bit interested in the Newtype thing and the series into the OYW enough (or maybe Unicorn will since it is the epilogue) to start the chronology.

edit: I noticed you started Gundam 0079. xD (good luck with the TV version, some might find it indigestible compared to the cinema re-cuts)
Modified by Rei_III, Jun 30, 2016 11:09 PM

May 30, 2016 7:20 PM

look like my expectation for gritty and realistic turn upside down as for dull character bad acting horrible dialog/interaction, altho' i can't but admitted "bunch of mechs battle on the ground" itself were the things that's stellar

la critique de l'intention pure

Jun 8, 2016 11:58 AM

pretty pointless episode.
thankfully it can be ignored completely.

Jun 8, 2016 5:33 PM

Given this anime's repuatation I was disappointed. Didn't find that I liked most of the characters and especially not Shiro's naive annoying ass. Almost everything involving Shiro and Aina was really cringeworthy for the most part. Favorite Gundam OVA is still War in the Pocket it seems.

Jun 30, 2016 5:08 PM

I actually like this one. It was sweet and tied things up well. I wanna give the show a 7 but I'm not sure yet. I'm glad I watch it though! War in the Pocket next!
Modified by noGiAnime, Jun 30, 2016 11:40 PM

Jul 25, 2016 1:11 PM

This felt like a filler or a sidestory more than an ending of the series, but as expected the real ending was the previous episode. That said this one had a very relaxing and mysterious feeling around it! I did loved that last scene though!

Let's see what the specials and sidestory do have to offer but in general I did quite like the previous 11 intensely packed episodes!

Aug 10, 2016 3:13 PM

I feel like the comments are by immature teens here.
This was a touching heartfelt epilogue, a perfect conclusion to the series.
Its purpose was to show what happened after the war ended for the characters. Its deeply philosophical. If you watched this entire show just to watch mechas fight in Jungle, you are a fool who missed the point of it all.

In any case...To see the commander & Aina start a new life, the horror of the aftermath of war for kids who were probably misused to be child soldiers by Zeon, most of the crew still soldiers and sent around the universe like pawns, with only Michel discharged...It was a good conclusion. A dark conclusion which shows very precisely and without hiding intent, the damage that war does to people, specifically this Federation/Zeon war.

Sep 24, 2016 3:10 AM

Was this episode necessary? Not. This i think. The eleventh episode was a perfect final, with uncertainty, but in this episode we can watch a close final, if a say the true, prefer opened finals, when you can imaginate the possibles ends....

In summary, the series was genial ....8/10.

Hello, my litte boy!

Oct 15, 2016 11:38 PM
I loved this series, mostly because of the romance between Shiro and Aina. Right from the 1st episode this kept me engaged and caring about the characters. The episode where they are stuck in the snow is one of my favorites because of how excited Shiro gets when he learns that Aina doesn't have a boyfriend, and then she kisses him. I am so glad it didn't end in some terrible Romeo and Juliette fashion. Was very happy to see them together one last time, and with Aina pregnant to boot ^^.

One thing I love about all gundam series is that there are always likable characters on either end of any war. There are also some despicable ones, this is how life truly is. It is never so black and white as good vs evil.

Well, on to the next gundam series!

Dec 15, 2016 1:57 AM
I'm with the general consensus here that episode 12 is a completely pointless filler-fluff episode, however it's really nothing to get angry about, this happens all the time and it was probably just a little dvd extra that no one really cared about at the time. 11 is the true ending due to the END right before the credits and it even leaves the typical happy ending seeing how right at the end we see Shiro and Aina walking off. So, all in all, it was okay, and who really cares that it exists.

Apr 17, 2017 12:37 AM

Meh
Series definitely should've left the fates of Shiro and Aina ambiguous. This entire episode was completely irrelevant and I feel it only existed so the series could end with an even number of episodes.

As a whole, the romance plot was weak but not weak enough to drag the whole series down, though there is a moment or two that can't be justified by thinking the characters act how they do because of the pressure of the situations they're in.

I give it an 8/10. It's not a perfect series but it does enough right to be consistently entertaining.

May 1, 2017 3:05 PM

... too short!

It was entertaining .. but a bit overrated to be honest, i give a nice 7/10.

Jun 13, 2017 6:51 AM

So BB left Michel....what a bitch thing to do.

Yeah overall this episode was just not needed.

Still is my favorite Gundam series though.

Mar 18, 2018 4:44 AM

RX-782 said:
You guys should be lucky that you got this episode instead of the novel ending since KiKi was raped to death in the novel.

wtf ??? imagining this makes me sad !!!

btw , i loved the ending .. the last scene was worth it ... i don't know why people don't like happy ending .
Live and let Live

Apr 9, 2018 3:03 AM
i thought the concept was pretty cool and unique and i enjoyed it overall but goddamn i wish a waited a week or so before seeing this, really messed with the impact of the original ending
i wish they left it ambiguous in the end and maybe just shown just a smidgen of insight into their lives outside of and not connected to the war even if just in the credits montage

Nov 4, 2018 1:33 AM
This is a fantastic ending. I know many people don't like it, but it worked for me, due to the last few minutes which are amazing. Extreme emotional catharsis. Reminded me of the ending of The Shawshank Redemption.

Nov 7, 2018 11:52 PM
Review Moderator
Saber of Red

I remember throwing this series under the bus for the much more serious War in the Pocket, but I've gained a newfound respect for it after a recent rewatch. The romance between Shino and Aina was cringy at some points, but their chemistry is still better than most anime couples today. Most of all, the visuals are excellent by even today's standards. Now I consider this the second best Gundam OVA, although that might change once I finally watch Unicorn and Origins.

Jun 15, 7:01 PM

I have to say I did not enjoy this at all I would not say overrated but this show and war in the pocket is not for me the fist Gundam/zeta establish what Gundam is all about sorry to say I love my future like wars,newtypes/copies space/opera battle of laser beams star wars fantasy etc I don't mind the realistic versions of Gundam like 0080/08th but its not my kind of Gundam.

Sep 14, 2:25 PM

I was expecting to dislike this episode but ended up really enjoying it, along with the rest of the series.

Will definitely re-watch at some point =)

Oct 8, 8:18 PM

I cant believe Shiro and Aina got their happy ending. Michel should go out with Kiki already.
Overall i think War In the Pocket was better story wise although 08 MS Team has better action. The romance of Shiro and Aina was rushed. Well Aina is pretty and maybe it was love at first sight for Shiro. Aina liked him back because of his kindness?
I think Yuri Kellarny would be more interesting villain than Ginias. Ginias was just some crazy dude.
Too bad the other members of 08 MS Team didn't appear in the last ep. I really liked how they all respected their commander Shiro.

Time to watch Stardust Memory.

Yesterday, 12:37 PM

I'm taking this as an epilogue rather than the true ending, since we don't know how far in the post-war this is. Enjoyable episode and series anyway. 7/10

Pages (2) « 1 [2]