Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Saki
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 26, 2009 12:59 PM
Jul 2018
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Best Nodoka x Saki scene :3

and BAM!

But Saki's counter-strike was great, two Kan to feed Kana a Chankan, she's truly enjoying the challenge Koromo gave.
Saki's red eyes are a good contrast to Koromo's blue ones (like Sun and Moon)
Jul 26, 2009 1:41 PM
May 2009
Saki is more like the earth, what with her association with blooming and flowers. Koromo is like the moon for obvious reasons.

Teru, btw, means "brilliant" and "shine, illuminate" so she'd be the sun. ;)
Jul 26, 2009 2:11 PM
Jul 2018
Your right, I haven't thought about Teru. Saki is the Rinshan-blooming flower on the mountain right, but Earth doesn't fit with her red eyes xD (Mars?) - okay, better forget this.
Does anyone happen to remember when they animated the scene where Teru explains Saki her name? The animation was in the first OP, too and it was the very first scene on the Drama CD, but I couldn't find it :(
Jul 26, 2009 2:57 PM

Jan 2009
Probably in the first to fourth episode somewhere. <_<
I'm more sure that it's 2nd or 3rd, since first was just SAKIHAX and fourth seems a bit far.

Anyways... I can't help but laugh (as usual) at this episode.
It was... certainly more epic than I thought.
IaMP with me.
Jul 26, 2009 4:53 PM

Sep 2008
i liked a lot the last part with saki wining like that as if "hehe i can do it too"
koromo is in despair XD bt still fujita is able control her in an easy way XD
but lots of hands passed, can she still win? i dont know much about mayong so i dont knok -.-
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Jul 26, 2009 5:12 PM

Feb 2008
This is so far away from volume 5 of manga, anime still progness and the volume 6 is not publish yet.
Hmm... What's going on here?
It was a great Mahjong game there.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jul 26, 2009 5:40 PM

Apr 2008
cool~ getting exciting xD
Saki looks so ... well anyway great episode

Jul 26, 2009 7:54 PM

Aug 2007
watched it, don't understand it, but can't wait for the subs and next week episode. Although i've been reading the scanlated manga chapters, which the anime has already passed, i've never thought that i would fall in love with this anime.
Jul 26, 2009 8:45 PM

Aug 2008
HoaRy said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Best Nodoka x Saki scene :3

and BAM!

But Saki's counter-strike was great, two Kan to feed Kana a Chankan, she's truly enjoying the challenge Koromo gave.
Saki's red eyes are a good contrast to Koromo's blue ones (like Sun and Moon)

It's also like Star Wars, with the red and blue lightsaber. Though the roles of good and evil are switched though. Anyways, I was right about that whole yuri/lesbian pep-talk thing that Nodoka gave to Saki. And Yuki said something interesting about NodokaxSaki with "Two people in love with each other can sense even the smallest change in one another!" Yea, go them.

Also Saki should say, "I'm here to kick ass and play mahjong, and I'm all out of ass," sometime.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 26, 2009 9:19 PM
May 2009
gonorrhea said:
Probably in the first to fourth episode somewhere. <_<
I'm more sure that it's 2nd or 3rd, since first was just SAKIHAX and fourth seems a bit far.

Fourth episode was the beat down of Saki and Nodoka by Fujita-pro.

Most likely it was the third episode when Saki reveals her relationship to Teru and why she wants to go to the nationals.

hoary said:
Your right, I haven't thought about Teru. Saki is the Rinshan-blooming flower on the mountain right, but Earth doesn't fit with her red eyes xD (Mars?) - okay, better forget this.

Teru has red eyes too anyway and she's almost the natural enemy of Koromo given her specialty. Fujita-pro has a very interesting comment on a way to break Koromo's haitei ability. I can't decide if that was foreshadowing for later on in the match or a reference to last year's tournament. Maybe it's both.

lazyzero said:
watched it, don't understand it, but can't wait for the subs and next week episode. Although i've been reading the scanlated manga chapters, which the anime has already passed, i've never thought that i would fall in love with this anime.

If you understand the mahjong, the raws are out to ch. 51. As for what happened, Kana lost all her points to zero. The game ends when someone gets to negative points. Koromo played around and didn't finish her off so Saki starts derailing Koromo's plan and saves Kana by giving her points and allowing Kana to call a ron off of her.
Jul 26, 2009 10:44 PM

Sep 2008
Ahh! Why did they have to end the episode RIGHT THERE?! Ugh. Another week of waiting. Overall, amazing episode. I hope Kazekoshi will be able to get some more points.
Jul 27, 2009 12:32 AM
Jul 2018
CkretAznMan said:
And Yuki said something interesting about NodokaxSaki with "Two people in love with each other can sense even the smallest change in one another!" Yea, go them.

And she still likes Kyou-chan, Yuuki x Kyou-chan lol^^

matthewbkim said:
Ahh! Why did they have to end the episode RIGHT THERE?!

The manga Vol.5 ended just after Kana was down to 0 points, this episode was a bit more calm with Saki feeding her with points before finish, I'd say.

Blackbird said:
and the volume 6 is not publish yet.

It is.
removed-userJul 27, 2009 12:36 AM
Jul 27, 2009 4:25 AM

May 2008
Its really sad that the torture will continue for Kana, seeing someone cry and still continuing is really ...

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jul 27, 2009 5:48 AM

Mar 2008
This episode is truly epic! I'm almost a lost for words and I can't believe that they ended it that way. I was surprised when the episode ended and thought that "It's over already?!" LOL! The excitement really drains my patience so much. XD Haven't felt this much for a long time.

I wonder if the captain round will end in the next episode? But even if it would end next episode, I don't think the national tournament will ever fit this season. So who's thinking that a second season is coming?

Anyways, will be looking fast forward for the next episode! (If only I could travel through time... T_T)

I wonder if there are Saki volume 6 scans on the net already... I can't read Japanese but I sure do wanna collect them. Anyone has it? I'll try to look further though.

@greenmush:
Yeah it's really sad. But Kana is still not giving up after all the tortures. Well she might have nearly given up but good thing Saki helped her.
Jul 27, 2009 6:05 AM
Mar 2009
HoaRy said:
Does anyone happen to remember when they animated the scene where Teru explains Saki her name? The animation was in the first OP, too and it was the very first scene on the Drama CD, but I couldn't find it :(

For me, taking from the backgrounds when their eyes are shown like that, Koromo is Ice and Saki is Fire. But that's just what I get from the backgrounds in this episode.

I'm also not a fan of the SakixNodoka pairing. It's just not appealing to me in any way whatsoever. Probably cos I hate Nodoka with a passion (first big-breasted quiet type girl I've ever hated in an anime actually, go figure).

And it's about time that kid-bitch Koromo got derailed a little.

Jul 27, 2009 9:19 AM

Jul 2008
noooooos it ends when there is hope XD
o well another week of waiting for Saki''s plan XD
Jul 27, 2009 10:45 AM

Feb 2008
sux to be in a situation like that. good counter though. now all shes gotta do is get the points from her. they are walking a thin rope but her arrogance is essentially her downfall. she probably has never lost so now she is about to taste it.
Jul 27, 2009 10:48 AM

Oct 2007
I can't wait to see more of Saki in serious business mode.

kisami said:
sux to be in a situation like that. good counter though. now all shes gotta do is get the points from her. they are walking a thin rope but her arrogance is essentially her downfall. she probably has never lost so now she is about to taste it.
And we are the first one to witness it too :D

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Jul 27, 2009 11:27 AM

Sep 2008
Koromo is so moe~
Jul 27, 2009 3:46 PM

Feb 2008
Oh thank you but could you give me the links for the raws on the internet.

HoaRy said:
CkretAznMan said:
And Yuki said something interesting about NodokaxSaki with "Two people in love with each other can sense even the smallest change in one another!" Yea, go them.

And she still likes Kyou-chan, Yuuki x Kyou-chan lol^^

matthewbkim said:
Ahh! Why did they have to end the episode RIGHT THERE?!

The manga Vol.5 ended just after Kana was down to 0 points, this episode was a bit more calm with Saki feeding her with points before finish, I'd say.

Blackbird said:
and the volume 6 is not publish yet.

It is.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jul 27, 2009 10:03 PM

Jun 2008
OMG another great episode. I totally love how saki made her comeback on purpose !!! I felt so bad for the girl who got up to 0 points.
Jul 27, 2009 10:56 PM

Dec 2008
The cliffhangers...I guess I have to wait till next week. This was decent...though there are strong yuri signs...guess you could call it really really close friends..maybe.
Jul 28, 2009 1:14 PM

Nov 2007
So Saki made a comeback.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Jul 28, 2009 1:15 PM
May 2009
Vizard said:
So Saki made a comeback.

Actually she LOST points, prompting someone to comment that "losing never looked so cool!"
Jul 28, 2009 2:19 PM

Oct 2007
katreus said:
Vizard said:
So Saki made a comeback.

Actually she LOST points, prompting someone to comment that "losing never looked so cool!"

Actually she did lose the points, but she won the challenge and yeah, "losing never looked so cool!" that was indeed.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Jul 29, 2009 2:38 AM

May 2009
The suspense is killing me. I don't recall ever having a show about stuff I know nothing about pump me up to such an extent. Says something about the power of this show.

Anyway, good move by Saki to break the stalemate Koromo put them in., even if it did have to cost her some points. Good to see she's finally up to the challenge. Now to see if Koromo gets a taste of defeat now as well.

And they're really rubbing the yuri undertone in our faces now, don't they? Heck, it seems that Yuuki and Kyou are the only straight couple in the whole show (even though the love seems to be pretty one-sided for now).
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 29, 2009 3:42 AM
Oct 2007
Holy crap that was awesome
Jul 29, 2009 4:03 AM

Sep 2008
And there are people calling Death Note, Code Geass or One Outs "super-ultra-intellectual-strategic" anime...They all should just watch Saki. XD
Jul 29, 2009 4:05 AM

Feb 2008
Thanks for giving me manga site, it seem like this match going to be for like end of the anime season.
Saki did that on purpose so they will have a chance of winning.
But I believe Saki win this match even thought we don't know how this going to end, but they probably win.

We want a season 2 of Saki, even thought it too early to said. I want many seasons and episode like Hikaru no go.
It seem like the story progness slowly in the final round.

Jul 29, 2009 7:10 AM

May 2008
Alright episode, just get on with it thought, wanted to see the final saki blow ^^
Jul 29, 2009 1:00 PM

Oct 2008
Me likey, I dont expect much about next episode tho seeing how the preview looked like
じーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーっ
Jul 29, 2009 5:47 PM

Dec 2008
Fabrice said:
Alright episode, just get on with it thought, wanted to see the final saki blow ^^
My thoughts also...thought the pacing is just a tad slow.
Jul 29, 2009 7:20 PM

Jul 2008
Siva said:
I can't wait to see more of Saki in serious business mode.
Jul 30, 2009 12:51 AM

Apr 2009
Nice counter by Saki. Looking forward to next episode.
Jul 30, 2009 10:52 PM

Nov 2007
argh. i want the next episode now.

Jul 31, 2009 3:34 AM
Feb 2009
greenmush said:
Its really sad that the torture will continue for Kana, seeing someone cry and still continuing is really ...
seeing a cheerful girl become like that is even more hurting...

i glad thing went better at the end.
oblivious is a bliss
Jul 31, 2009 9:49 AM
May 2008
Mahjong + forgettable characters = moving on

Have to admit though that fiery Saki was cool.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Aug 1, 2009 2:00 AM

Jul 2008
amae is really cruel, she just wants to crush people. but here comes saki, and she won't let amae have her way!
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Aug 2, 2009 4:36 AM

May 2007
HOW the HELL did i not see this anime earlier!!!! wtf ??? will be picking up this series as of now. lol.
Aug 17, 2009 11:02 PM

Dec 2007
This episode was so amazing as that match is awesome since there's fiery Saki and Koromo. Nodoka x Saki FTW!
Aug 22, 2009 2:32 AM

Nov 2007
Saki on the move xD! Go go
Oct 4, 2009 8:00 PM

May 2008
This series stretches reality a bit... not by the exposition of the players situations but in the attempt to get us to believe that a high school girl can find her way through a strange building AND go to the bathroom in less than a minute XD

I really don't understand what's going on, but I absolutely love this anime, and that's the magic of Saki - it makes a concept many people here in the west don't understand (Mahjongg) entertaining and enjoyable
Apr 21, 2014 1:28 PM

May 2012
Sweet episode! Really liking the current development :3
Nov 27, 2014 6:34 AM

Mar 2014
True Clash of the strongest starts !!
Incentives , motivations and encouragements are coming right up !!
That promise .. a touch on the chest .. that was heartwarming ~ boost of confidence !!
The Settlement to victory with a great change of pace !!
Disrupt the Incinerating flow !! Winning streaks on a shattering breakthrough !!
I feel sorry for kazekoshi .. she was completely crushed .. though, the one who crush will 'be' .
An Amazing Comeback that escapes the ultimate predicament !! way to go , kiyosumi !!
Pretty GREAT Episode !!! I'll be watching an incredible resurgence soon !!
Jan 10, 2015 12:21 AM

Sep 2014
I would kill to have the luck these girls have when it comes to mahjong. If I were Saki or Koromo, I'd have Nine Gates every time I play. >_>
Jun 26, 2015 9:02 AM

Jun 2013
YEAH! GO KICK SOME ASS SAKI!
Jan 12, 2016 7:07 AM

Dec 2010
Great episode, Kodomo should disappear from this world, lol.
Apr 6, 2016 8:02 PM

Feb 2013
Damn! Exactly zero points! That must be super humiliating.
Jun 24, 2017 8:31 AM

Jul 2015
Being Kana is suffering. Thankfully, Koromo tried too hard to see her in despair instead of finishing the game, so Saki has a chance to strike back by giving points to her, hype!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Does anyone know this character from Saki ?

lunalee1294 - Apr 9

2 by lunalee1294 »»
Apr 10, 1:01 AM

Poll: » Saki Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

starrysky - Sep 27, 2009

125 by KenZync »»
Jan 8, 7:56 AM

Poll: » Saki Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Plate - Apr 19, 2009

72 by Losthevy »»
Dec 3, 2023 9:53 PM

Poll: » Saki Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Plate - Apr 5, 2009

155 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Feb 11, 2023 12:02 AM

» Is this interesting enough for me???

Sylpheed - Jun 30, 2009

4 by removed-user »»
Jan 16, 2023 9:15 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.