Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 24, 2009 6:45 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I think Nitta does like Minami but he realizes her feelings for Tatsuya.
Dec 11, 2009 2:36 AM

May 2008
lol Nishimura, he's overtaken Harada as the best character in the show as he hasn't really done much lately. Also whatever happened to Kotarou and that girl being a couple? They hardly focus on other couples anymore :/
Aug 29, 2010 3:13 PM

Jun 2007
saintcross said:
lol Nishimura, he's overtaken Harada as the best character in the show as he hasn't really done much lately. Also whatever happened to Kotarou and that girl being a couple? They hardly focus on other couples anymore :/

Nishimura's character hasn't amused me. If anything, he's made me think of Tatsuya as even more of a coward for not defending/helping her - even when she pleaded with him. The reasoning Tatsuya gave later for doing nothing to save his love from a creepy stalker basically came down to him not having the balls to commit. And, in the next episode, it looks like Minami will have to be saved from her stalker by Nitta.

In the first section of the story, Tatsuya not making a move, even when Minami made her feelings crystal clear to him, was understandable because of how complicated the love triangle was. He had to worry about destroying Kazuya's drive to play baseball, ruining a three-way childhood friendship, hurting his little brother, AND not being as good for Minami as Kazuya. Of course, he was still cowardly for not being as brave as Minami was, but you could have also described him as being very considerate...

...BUT, after Kazuya went out of the picture, there was no reason for him not to make a move, other than the author wanting to drag out the romance as long as humanly possible in order to draw about baseball. The biggest, almost series destroying flaw Touch has is that the best section of the story, and the only part with any relationship progression, was only the set-up for a vastly inferior last three-thirds, where Touch turned into a decent romantic drama/comedy, with a hell of a lot of baseball.

Even though in episode 51 Minami hiding in Nitta's room highlighted that she knew she was doing wrong by Tatsuya (she did make up for it by not denying she loves Tatsuya, though...), I truly feel sorry for Minami. She's been honest with her feelings, stayed loyal to him, has always supported/helped him (even getting visibly angry when he was replaced as the pitcher; arguing for him)... and what, exactly, has Tatsuya done to be worthy of her love in return? He's never complimented her; even going as far as insulting her for getting involved in gymnastics, and he STILL won't make a move for her, even though he's well aware he just needs to say the 'L' word to make her his woman. To be able to put up with such a cowardly guy, she must have the patience of a saint - that's all I can say.

I'm still going to get frustrated if Minami runs to Nitta for support, instead of Tatsuya, and comes close to getting together with him as a result... but it's hard to blame her when Tatsuya has done next to nothing in the 16 years of his life to warrant her affections. I know love is blind and all that, and that Tatsuya does love Minami back, but there has to be a limit to what someone should put up with to be with the one they love.

...Bah, this is what an author extending a story to such an extent does to its characters. Usually I wouldn't mind since it's normal for romantic dramas to go on and on forever, just to milk money, but the first 26 episodes had consistent, emotionally absorbing developments that went against the norm... followed by nothing happening after that, for no reason whatsoever. There have been some cute TxM moments, and I am - for the time being - still enjoying the series, in spite of my negative thoughts, but there's no escaping the fact that the main two should have gotten together shortly after the time-skip following Kazuya's death. Right now, I should be enjoying some baseball whilst watching two young lovers edge closer to marriage as they support each other... but, instead, I'm seeing typical romantic comedy/drama situations get thrown in - such as a girl being scared of something and jumping into the arms of a guy... followed by nothing advancing and it being pointless (36). It's the total opposite of the natural intimacy on show earlier on that resulted from them being childhood friends.

Going on what I've read, coming next is lots of baseball filler, as well as Minami edging closer to Nitta. Here's hoping I get to be amused by seeing the CUUUTE (old school art + female character + anger = <3) face of an angry Minami (due to Yuko), rather than having to resist the urge to punch my own face over Nitta moving far too close for comfort to Minami!
Jul 29, 2011 11:47 AM

Nov 2007
Oh Poppo <3 Poor Nishimura.
I wonder why Minami was hiding. Doesn't make much sense.

saintcross said:
Also whatever happened to Kotarou and that girl being a couple? They hardly focus on other couples anymore :/
Mmhmm, this show has a really bad habit of completely sidelining characters when they've fulfilled their purpose. Not much Harada, absolutely no Tomoko, and no Sachiko/Kuroki either.
Not to mention that Yoshida "transferred" riight on time.

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
May 16, 2012 8:00 PM
Aug 2007
Yeh, I really miss the Harada of Season1... he was a great character :(

Anyway, nice episode. Minami is so cute..
Aug 16, 2014 12:45 AM
Mar 2014
You what I already disliked Minami but this episode showed how sneaky and flirty she can really be. She loves Tatsuya but is stringing along Nitta, who is obviously in love with her, and is teasing Tatsuya as well. As to the comment of her being more honest, I don't necessarily think that she is.

Also the comment on how Tatsuya should just get a move on because Kazuya is out of the way, that is totally heartless. I don't know about you but when my twin sister (or any sibling for that matter) liked the same guy it was heartbreaking because I wanted to cheer her on while at the same time I wanted her to fall on her ass. Now add in the fact that Minami never picked which one of them she wanted and the guilt Tatsuya has from his death and how unfair it was. That has got to mess with anybody's mind and while dealing with all that Nitta comes along and Minami starts flirting and egging him on.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 23, 2015 11:43 PM
Nov 2014
Good episode, feel like a filter but some of the scenes are really funny. Especially Nishi's part lmao, poor guy keep getting shitted on.
Oct 25, 2015 4:23 PM

Jul 2008
Oh Minami you tease...
Feb 23, 2016 9:24 PM
Jan 2016
diamond-hime said:
You what I already disliked Minami but this episode showed how sneaky and flirty she can really be. She loves Tatsuya but is stringing along Nitta, who is obviously in love with her, and is teasing Tatsuya as well. As to the comment of her being more honest, I don't necessarily think that she is.

omgosh thank youu im not the only that thinks that way about Minami!! she definitely has two faces and i can't stand that. I mean, how necessary was for her to go every single day to visit him?
Feb 29, 2016 7:21 AM
Mar 2014
omgosh thank youu im not the only that thinks that way about Minami!! she definitely has two faces and i can't stand that. I mean, how necessary was for her to go every single day to visit him?[/quote]

Yeah I know right? I got so tired of her shit I never even finished watching this anime. I like drama for the sake of plot, but drama for the sake of drama and I'm outta there. Even if Minami ends up with Tatsuya, I wouldn't be happy about it because of all the shit she put him through. And I'd end up feeling sorry for Nitta who got played.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 7, 2016 2:06 PM
Jun 2016
Glad to know that I am not the only one who disliked this episode mainly because of Minami's behavior..The intriguing part of it is why was she happy when she want back home and asked Tatsuya to go to the movie..The obvious answer to that is she was glad that he was showing some jealousy since Tatsuya himself mentioned something about distance to really assess their feelings for each other a few episodes ago..

But, they cut off the scene while Nitta was about to say something or confess to Minami. Is she then genuinely happy to know that Nitta likes her? Since even when Tatsuya left the hospital and Nitta spelled out that Tatchan was worried, her expression was just serious. And when Nitta was about to confess, her expression was hoping.. Then the next scene was at their cafe, where she was jolly and asked Tatsuya to watch the movie. Maybe out of guilt? 😥
palabasaJul 7, 2016 2:16 PM
Aug 3, 2016 4:30 PM

Jan 2013
Progress is slllllllllllllllooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwww, It's been around 30 episodes since the kiss, there won't be another one for like 40 more.
Dec 24, 2016 11:37 PM

Oct 2015
Nishimura slowly becoming a comic relief.
Oct 24, 2018 1:26 PM

Sep 2011
And to no one's surprise, Nishimura continues to be an insufferable, lecherous, and obnoxious guy. I guess his existence is just a way to show that Tacchan could be worse, even though he is already pretty bad. Then there's Yuka with good observational skills, and Minami visiting Nitta almost every day for pretty much no reason. I mean, she is Tacchan's "girlfriend" so it's pretty pointless. I guess that Poppo being fond of trying to kill people was funny in a way though.
May 18, 2019 6:40 PM

Nov 2016
Why is everyone hating on Nishimura? He's just there for the laughs.

And lol, you can't really look into Minamis mind.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 4, 2020 6:23 AM

Jul 2015
Poppo is quite injury bringer still nice of him to bring Tacchan to the hospital to visit Nittan. Man nishimura really became a joke character, I kinda miss Harada a lot who could make things funnier by also messing with him. I really wonder what the point was of Minami visiting everyday if she really loves Tatsuya.

Jan 6, 2021 4:52 AM
Jan 2017
Well I don't know why everyone is angry with Minami.She has been quite clear with Tatsuya that she likes him.If Tatsuya has not made any further move then what is she supposed to do??She can't beg to him to love her or something.The people angry about Minami's behaviour have probably not dealt with the girls in real world.That is all I can say.

Like the earlier guy said the first 26 episodes were quite the best.The camardarie among the 3 was excellent.The pace of the story was also really good.The confession,the rivalry between brothers.That love triangle was a treat to watch surely but after Kazuya's death everything has come to a halt.There is neither much focus on baseball neither the romance/slice of life is as good as it was.The story really needs to spice up.Just bring that damn Yoshida back.
CoreFinderJan 6, 2021 5:31 AM
Apr 17, 2021 2:36 AM
Apr 2021
AironicallyHuman said:

Even though in episode 51 Minami hiding in Nitta's room highlighted that she knew she was doing wrong by Tatsuya (she did make up for it by not denying she loves Tatsuya, though...), I truly feel sorry for Minami. She's been honest with her feelings, stayed loyal to him, has always supported/helped him (even getting visibly angry when he was replaced as the pitcher; arguing for him)... and what, exactly, has Tatsuya done to be worthy of her love in return? He's never complimented her; even going as far as insulting her for getting involved in gymnastics, and he STILL won't make a move for her, even though he's well aware he just needs to say the 'L' word to make her his woman. To be able to put up with such a cowardly guy, she must have the patience of a saint - that's all I can say.

I'm still going to get frustrated if Minami runs to Nitta for support, instead of Tatsuya, and comes close to getting together with him as a result... but it's hard to blame her when Tatsuya has done next to nothing in the 16 years of his life to warrant her affections. I know love is blind and all that, and that Tatsuya does love Minami back, but there has to be a limit to what someone should put up with to be with the one they love.

Going on what I've read, coming next is lots of baseball filler, as well as Minami edging closer to Nitta. Here's hoping I get to be amused by seeing the CUUUTE (old school art + female character + anger = <3) face of an angry Minami (due to Yuko), rather than having to resist the urge to punch my own face over Nitta moving far too close for comfort to Minami!

Well its only the anime that tries to forcefully separate Tatsuya and Minami. In the manga Minami visits the hospital because she feels responsible for Nitta's accident and the reason she hides is actually to overhear the conversation [as Tatsuya rarely expresses anything in front of Minami].

By the end of the hospital scene in the manga, Nitta realizes that Minami has no interest in him and also realizes her love for Tatsuya and actually gives up on her. He also tells her to be vary of his sister, as unlike him she will never give up. After this in the manga, there really are no interactions between Minami and Nitta. Where as, the anime has added a few more filler episodes where Nitta tries to pursue Minami for a couple more episodes.

In the manga Tatsuya and Minami were always together. They may not explicitly express their feelings for each other though, because their primary goal is to reach Koshien and fulfil Kazuya's dream.
Yes, the author in the manga does use the Nitta siblings to induce some jealousy in Tatsuya and Minami but that is pretty much it. Neither Tatsuya nor Minami have interest in Yuka or Akio respectively. Both Tatsuya and Minami know that the other has no interest in Yuka or Akio respectively but it is just a way to make them jealous and express their feelings for each other.
mangafan26Apr 17, 2021 2:49 AM
Apr 17, 2021 2:47 AM
Apr 2021
amayadori said:

I wonder why Minami was hiding. Doesn't make much sense.

She hides to overhear the conversation between the two. Tatsuya never really shares his feelings in front of her. She would want to hear him speak about his feelings. This is pretty much what you infer by reading the manga. The anime on the other hand has a lot of filler episodes of forced chumminess between Nitta and Minami.
Apr 17, 2021 3:42 AM
Apr 2021
diamond-hime said:

Yeah I know right? I got so tired of her shit I never even finished watching this anime. I like drama for the sake of plot, but drama for the sake of drama and I'm outta there. Even if Minami ends up with Tatsuya, I wouldn't be happy about it because of all the shit she put him through. And I'd end up feeling sorry for Nitta who got played.

Well it has been a while but I hope you wouldn't give upon Touch based upon what direction the anime took. The anime forcefully tried to show Minami and Nitta together with its filler episodes where as the manga does not. In this chapter in the manga [where Nitta is being released from the hospital], Nitta actually realizes that Minami has no interest in him and gives up on her. The anime does not show this and makes Nitta follow Minami in a few more episodes.

In the anime [because of the fillers], Minami kind of looks like the bad person here but in reality she isn't. Read the manga and you will get to know how dedicated she is to Tatsuya and Tatsuya alone.
Aug 4, 2021 3:43 AM

Jan 2018
Officially (more than) halfway through Touch now. 50 more episodes to go. I've heard the series suffer from pacing issues in the 3rd quarter due to more fillers but I wouldn't mind if they were just entertaining. But after reading the posts here it seems like they aren't.

Damn the baseball club is full of simps. Only two people who's against Yuka becoming a manager are Tacchan and Koutarou. Makes sense for those two not simping as they already have girlfriends. I have a feeling that Kazuya wouldn't be against Yuka joining them as manager.

And in this episode Minami didn't deny being a 'girlfriend' of Tatsuya in front of Nitta. Nitta was humble. This makes me respect him more. At least he got to see his crush everyday when he was in hospital... On the other hand Tacchan took his practice more seriously in frustration of the possibility of getting NTR'd. So both sides win.

Yuka is kind of a creep. She seems to have an obsession towards Tacchan. She reminds me of Ibuki Yagami from Maison Ikkoku but she didn't really cross that line of annoyance yet.

Nishimura got admitted to room 305... unfortunately it doesn't seem like he'll get regular visits from Minami despite the fact it was the same dog causing it. Poppo might be cursed.

CoreFinder said:
Well I don't know why everyone is angry with Minami.She has been quite clear with Tatsuya that she likes him.If Tatsuya has not made any further move then what is she supposed to do??She can't beg to him to love her or something.The people angry about Minami's behaviour have probably not dealt with the girls in real world.That is all I can say.
You're not wrong.
0451Aug 4, 2021 3:51 AM
Jan 7, 2023 9:26 AM

May 2020
Poor Nitta and Nishimura, if only they were the ones behind the wheel of that damned truck back in ep 25.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Touch Episode 13 Discussion

yakyuu-addict - Jul 4, 2009

15 by rasterman7 »»
Apr 13, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Touch Episode 8 Discussion

yakyuu-addict - Jul 2, 2009

13 by rasterman7 »»
Apr 7, 1:43 PM

Poll: » Touch Episode 5 Discussion

yakyuu-addict - Jul 1, 2009

13 by rasterman7 »»
Apr 7, 8:43 AM

Poll: » Touch Episode 39 Discussion

yakyuu-addict - Jul 15, 2009

7 by doctorGero »»
Mar 15, 2:25 PM

Poll: » Touch Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - Apr 29, 2009

53 by _MushiRock11_ »»
Feb 7, 11:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.