Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 28, 2012 9:24 PM

Nov 2011
I wonder if Light will run of pages sooner or later.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Jan 29, 2013 11:38 AM

Jan 2013
The first 14 minutes were insanely boring, just repetition.
May 8, 2013 10:26 PM

Oct 2012
Meritas said:
insan3soldiern said:
Looking forward to seeing Near and Mello in action. Light thinks he's in the clear? The bastard.

YEAH! BURN THE WITCH!

Anyway, I felt really well when only half of the episode turned to be recap. The brats seem so epic, even if we just glanced them... Light is totally dead!

Can't wait to see Light's reaction XD
Well, I enjoyed the recap because it's L's voice.. I'll miss him

DarkShards said:

L, OL
"Signature removed"
Jun 2, 2013 11:22 AM

May 2013
I know L actually DIED in the last ep, but I was still seriously hoping he somewhat didn't .. silly me, he really did die T_T
Aug 8, 2013 9:29 AM

Jul 2012
Screw flashbacks. I skipped to the present. Light is too good at acting. LOL
Nov 21, 2013 1:21 AM

Aug 2012
Oh man I miss L
Nov 25, 2013 2:36 PM

Jul 2013
recap episode but still enjoyed
Dec 13, 2013 6:58 PM

Nov 2013
The show was amazing up until this point. It wasn't even L. dying that ruined the show. It was Near and Mello. They are so corny!
Interested in Japanese dance songs? See this thread: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=702085
Dec 15, 2013 4:06 PM

Jan 2013
Oh so new guys come to be the new L. Well there's a little disappointment. Anyways something interesting is bound to happen. And I'll watch it, but right now I feel like the anime was over. And this just a farewell from the producers.

I'll base my vote on these 26 episodes just in case later on I'll think that the following ones ruin it. 10/10.
Jan 27, 2014 6:37 PM

Oct 2013
mello time
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Jun 18, 2014 5:06 AM

Jul 2013
So this was set in the future? since it was set in 2012, didn't know that lol.

Didn't see the point of all the flashbacks really. Then we got half a decent episode where we learned Watari was an inventor and owned orphanages, what a nice guy lol. I guess Roger runs an orphanage or something.
Jun 18, 2014 8:46 AM

Nov 2013
stephtastrophe said:
Didn't see the point of all the flashbacks really.
It's called a recap. Most people find it bad, but whatever.
Aug 3, 2014 11:19 PM

Dec 2013
I didn't mind the flashbacks. They were actually pretty helpful since I stopped watching for almost a year after ep 25. The other half was okay.
Sep 18, 2014 1:49 AM

Jan 2014
I'm glad this wasn't only a recap episode :)
Sep 23, 2014 1:34 PM

Mar 2014
Light is so craycray. Jesus. I already kinda miss L. The preview for the next ep leaves something to be desired.
Oct 9, 2014 6:22 PM

Oct 2013
First half was typical recap, but people are too hard on recaps IMO. If you're marathoning the series, obviously its boring and pointless. However, for people who were watching one episode a week as it aired (or, alternatively, for people who took a break after the last episode since that would be the perfect spot to take a break at), recaps help a lot. As long as no more than half an episode is recap, I'm fine with it.

Still, the second half was very very cool. Especially the end. Holy shit, I got goosebumps. Light has been allowed to continue on like that for SIX YEARS and no one was able to figure it out? My goodness. And it's no wonder people claim L's death is when Light really lost it; I could defend Light before, but it seems he's gone completely insane.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Mar 16, 2015 4:03 PM
Jan 2015
i miss L already
Mar 22, 2015 5:33 PM

Dec 2014
Recap isn't really that bad, I enjoyed it. Probably because it felt like L was still around. With L gone things go very smoothly for Light. But even Light seems to be bored with there's noone challenging as him around anymore. But I wonder if Misa forgot about Rem or she's just unaware of her fate?

Anyway, I hope L will be succeeded with someone capable as him, I assume it's going to be these orphans. Let's see what they have to offer...
NozdrefMar 22, 2015 6:06 PM

“There are two kinds of arrogance. One where you are unequal to the task and one where your dreams are too big. The former is commonplace stupidity... but the latter is a rare species that is difficult to find.”

Apr 26, 2015 5:14 AM
Nov 2014
Recap episode, still GOOD and entertaining.
May 22, 2015 1:50 AM
Dec 2011
oh... L when i close my eyes i remember how you closed your eyes... i miss L so much light you bastard you got L because you used a shinigami you didn't directly confront him that's the kind of a coward you are . L was so brave and epic till the end . i love you L

light L is like a hawk once he sees his pray he never ever lets it go remember that light !:3

L is so epic he will never give up the fight " he send something to some one " wow L is awesome L will always save humanity :3
Jun 6, 2015 9:48 AM

Jul 2014
The recap was kind of boring, though the rest of the episode was pretty good. But why the fuck is the World Trade Center still standing in 2012?

4/5
Jul 19, 2015 11:26 AM

Apr 2014
New characters next ep?
---------My Profile------------
Aug 15, 2015 7:03 PM
Jan 2015
So Watari has an army of orphan detectives breed to sit like that, L was just the best? Holy shit, it's the fucking Illuminati!......Light is very fucked.
Oct 4, 2015 2:11 PM

Mar 2010
I don't remember L leaving on a timer.. perhaps it happened when L approached Watari when he talked about the bells.. or something..

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Nov 7, 2015 1:05 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Half recap, half beginning of a new boring arc.

3/5
Nov 10, 2015 5:22 PM

Nov 2014
Hmmm I wonder who those two are?
Jul 29, 2016 3:10 PM

Jan 2016
Kinda nice having a episode on what have happen, these last 25 episodes. but it's mostly a lookback through the anime, as it comes too its Ryuzakis final word/concluesion.
The epic music with now Light takes over the world , n he also started to live with misa finally xDbut what will happen now!? who was the old man n the children as we saw the message "L is dead"...?!?!
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Aug 15, 2017 10:36 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
Ihave to be crazy but i liked the ep. nice flashbacks and tbh i had apreciated if this anime would have ended here :S

Sep 22, 2017 6:06 PM

May 2014
Well, most of the episode was a recap, but the stuff we got after was very interesting.

It seems like since he got rid of L, Light feels even more inhuman. It's like he's completely devoid of well, anything...at least he used to get a weird kick out of the cat and mouse game they played.
Wonder if he actually saw L's ghost or if he was just reminiscing/hallucinating about when they were "friends". After the initial thrill of winning, Light probably felt really deflated geez, me too boy, me too because there's literally nobody left to challenge him (or so he thinks).

At this point, it's even more prominent that Light will never be satiated or satisfied no matter what. He wanted to get rid of L and anyone else who might oppose him, yet still seems to feel partially dissatisfied with the result after the initial excitement of overcoming the obstacle. At the same time though, if he lost to L you could guarantee he'd be having a complete bitch fit- Light's just impossible to please and that's obviously going to work in his detriment.

Because where does this all end? Become the god of the world and then what?

Anyway, doesn't seem like that's a question that's gonna be answered if the ending of the episode's anything to go by. He needs to pay!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 22, 2017 7:09 PM

Mar 2013
Pissed L is dead. Maybe he'll make some sort of return? I'm probably hoping for too much :(
Jan 13, 2018 4:01 PM
Jan 2018
DarkShards said:

Been wondering that for some episodes as well
Jan 28, 2018 2:54 AM
Aug 2017
Here's hoping L legacy continue n the two new characters can help avenge for L n Watari

Aug 29, 2018 2:08 AM

Dec 2017
I like this but i can't help but feel it's starting to drag on a little
Objectivity? In my anime scoring? Of course not...
Oct 8, 2018 3:31 PM

Aug 2014
I can't believe it ;o Ryuzaki is dead? I feel a little sad ;( few times in last episodes we seen his panic and his feeling of being lost in the situation ;( and not that it matters now, but what was his real name? ;/

and Misa gave her life for eyes second time for nothing...

I think I dislike Light now...
and I have no idea where this anime is going now...
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Oct 25, 2018 6:41 PM

Dec 2012
Light's purge is like a scene straight out of The Godfather. Truly, he's worthy of being the Don
Nov 29, 2018 5:18 PM

Aug 2007
I'm going to try and watch the rest of this anime without judgement, but it might be hard.

Feb 7, 2019 12:38 AM

Mar 2017
This isn't over, Raito ;)
Mar 3, 2019 11:26 AM

Dec 2007
every time i rewatch this ep i'm disappointed that they showed only the people we know of, they could show us a full jail of dead prisoners, it could be cool :P
Mar 7, 2019 6:03 AM

Dec 2018
So Watari real name could be Wammy?

Light should've seen L's and Watari's name in Rem's DN

Why does Ryuk follow Light? I thought Ryuk's master was now Misa. While Light's master is Rem which is now dead.

There's 3 DN right now, 4 if you count Ryuk's own DN.

A time skip, huh?
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Apr 21, 2019 8:36 AM
Apr 2018
Kind of a recap but still interesting. I didn't really believed that L would be dead but it is confirmed now.

And everyone else was killed too. Light sure has it easy now.
Jul 16, 2020 3:14 AM

Jun 2020
i actually loved the recap ☹ needed to let it sink in that ryuzaki is goneeeeee noooooooo

and reminder of death note’s greatest moments. that episode where light killed naomi was simply the best (amazing art direction too with the snow and all so deadly beautiful)

excited to see how the rest of the episodes are gna turn out. heard so many bad things about the rest of the show and while i really can’t see how good it can get without ryuzaki, i’ll keep watching ☹☹

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Jan 6, 2021 3:39 PM

Jan 2020
i didn't think the episode was horrible but it wasn't the best. the recap wasn't very boring to me.
i think the series will go downhill from this point. im not sure though. but that's what i predict.

Jan 6, 2021 3:50 PM

Dec 2007
LoloChxn said:
i didn't think the episode was horrible but it wasn't the best. the recap wasn't very boring to me.
i think the series will go downhill from this point. im not sure though. but that's what i predict.

the most important thing is the end,
don't break out before that!
Jan 31, 2021 10:37 AM

Jul 2017
The first half was a boring recap but I dug the 2nd half of this episode. It's especially interesting seeing how Light seemingly would never be able to fully satisfy himself and with the death of L and finally achieving victory over him, a part of the fun and excitement of his role of Kira is lost now. Makes him feel even more devoid of humanity now that in his head, there's no one to stop him even though he wants to become the 'god of the new world'. A living, breathing but soulless contradiction. The orchestral requiem laid down on the newer criminals as well as other criminals who he worked with in the past, and even those from the Yotsuba Group all got a taste of the music played by the conductor of death, Light Yagami.

The two new kids are here... well... this really is the end of the good part of Death Note.
Feb 25, 2021 6:19 PM
Jul 2018
Re-watching

Like what most villains feel when the hero is defeated. They feel bored. xd
May 31, 2021 9:37 AM

Feb 2021
The first half was pretty much a summary of what has happened till now. The ending is interesting though. Light is gonna find new challengers. Also Light is now in the Police Department. We might get L's background later. Also Light killed the 2con artists that helped in the investigation.

Sep 13, 2021 2:07 PM

May 2019
Not the worst recap episode as it was from L's perspective. I can't believe he's gone.

Now we have new characters? Alright then...
Oct 8, 2021 8:57 AM
Oct 2018
Glad they added the recap, I forgot a lot of things. Also, one of those new people is voiced by the same actor as Johan (which I heard right after thinking "hey this art is similar to Monster"). Unrelated, but I wonder who would outsmart who - Light or Johan, both really good villains
Oct 8, 2021 8:17 PM

Aug 2019
I didn't need the recap of past events, but I think it was appropriate for the sake of getting everyone up to speed since some viewers miss a lot of details the first time around.

I will say that I disliked Light and Misa's interactions in the second half. The manga handled it better. I also didn't like how they made Light go up to the skyscraper's roof just to dramatically write names in his Death Note. The whole thing was meant to be epic, but for me it just felt kind of silly and overdone.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» how many people have read or watch bl ( 1 2 )

meltrix2017 - Apr 21

62 by CirceOwO »»
Yesterday, 7:29 PM

Poll: » Death Note Episode 37 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Boursk - Jun 27, 2007

916 by SnipersKgrooWife »»
Apr 16, 12:52 PM

Poll: » Death Note Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

itainteazy - Apr 4, 2007

393 by decco6226 »»
Apr 13, 8:10 PM

» Psychoanalyzing Light Yagami but in gen z slangs

egosumjohn - Mar 31

27 by egosumjohn »»
Apr 10, 6:53 PM

Poll: » Death Note Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

xXDaijinkazeXx - Apr 15, 2009

127 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 8, 7:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.