Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 24, 2009 12:10 PM

Jul 2009
-------------------------------
thinkpadSep 3, 2023 11:14 AM
🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳
πŸŒ³γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€πŸŒ³
πŸŒ³γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€πŸγ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€πŸ¦γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€πŸŒ²γ€€γ€€γ€€πŸŒ³γ€€
πŸŒ³γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€Cursorγ€€Natureγ€€reserveγ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€πŸŒ³
πŸŒ³γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€πŸ¦‹γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€πŸ¦©γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€πŸ•γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€πŸŒ³
πŸŒ³γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€πŸŒ³
πŸŒ³γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€πŸγ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€πŸŒ²γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€πŸ§γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€πŸŒ³
πŸŒ³γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€πŸŒ³
🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳
Jul 24, 2009 12:22 PM

Sep 2008
Calling Death Note and Code Geass characters intelligent and sophisticaded...you sure have low standards of intelligence and sophistry. :/
Jul 24, 2009 12:24 PM

Feb 2005
As far as intelligence and sophistication goes, Legend of the Galactic Heroes trash CG completely, and while Death Note is clearly more focused on grandiose schemes, LotGH has a much broader perspective, dragging in everything from realistic politics and history to tactics and court drama.
Jul 24, 2009 1:09 PM

Nov 2008
Berserk can fit this as well. Griffith is a young man who does elaborated plans to get what he wants.
Eo tempore, cum tibi occuri,
Mihi vita laeta fuit,
Cum autem te nusquam conspexi,
Eo tempore mortem cognovi
Jul 24, 2009 1:20 PM

Jul 2007
invalidlink said:
Anime such as -Code geass and Death note- involve two schoolboys with some sort of hidden power, and an elaborate plan.
I'm curious if there's anything else as great as these masterpieces. ;)

*snort*... um, yeah heh yeah I think I can hah think of some hoo characters that are as intelli- okay I can't do this with a straight face.

Since you seem to go for the brooding inner-monologue-rich pseudo-badasses, watch Kaiji.
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Jul 24, 2009 1:30 PM

Nov 2008
Maybe TC wants an anime with a duel of wits because there are lotsa animes with sophisticated and intelligent characters. Some may not be as ambitious or megalomaniac as those two in CG and DN.

Monster may be what you looking for.
Eo tempore, cum tibi occuri,
Mihi vita laeta fuit,
Cum autem te nusquam conspexi,
Eo tempore mortem cognovi
Jul 24, 2009 1:47 PM

Mar 2009
I agree with Monster.
Jul 24, 2009 1:52 PM

Apr 2009
Kuroshitsuji characters are very intelligent and sophisticated, and there's always that "battle of the minds" theme through the whole series, so I would check that out. Its not as over the top as Death Note or Code Geass, and there's no school elements or grand schemes involved, but its probably something you'd enjoy too.

Jul 24, 2009 2:00 PM

Nov 2008
As far as intelligent and sophisticated characters are concerned, Tokuchi Toua from One Outs could give DN and CG a run for there money.
Jul 24, 2009 4:07 PM

Jan 2008
Agree with Monster, plus i rec Gankutsuou, Ghost Hunt and Speed Grapher.
Jul 24, 2009 4:39 PM

Jun 2008
seishi-sama said:
Calling Death Note and Code Geass characters intelligent and sophisticaded...you sure have low standards of intelligence and sophistry. :/
I don't find that low. I would say both Light and L was intelligent, or smart, but what exactly are you comparing it to? If you don't back it up, all it looks like is a troll who hates on popular anime being mentioned. Maybe the situations they are in aren't realistic, but it doesn't mean that they are stupid in anyway. The first few 'missions', I guess, when Light goes to find and eliminate the detective and his wife was brilliant.

Anyways, I'd suggest LoGH too, since I'm watching it atm, and it actually reminds me a lot of Code Geass. (Heh, but LoGH came first, so we can figure out which resembles which eh?) But if you can't tolerate old animation styles, then it's probably not for you. However, I personally thought I was someone who couldn't tolerate it, and I find myself liking it.
Jul 24, 2009 5:27 PM

Oct 2008
Yakushiji Ryoko is very intelligent and sophisticated.^^

Other examples:

Iba Itsuki: Icchan becomes Lelouch Lamperouge when using his cursed Glam Sight. He even have a matching eye-patch as Date Masamune. *laugh*
Jul 24, 2009 6:16 PM

Feb 2008
Try Blue Flames. It's a 1980s OVA, so it's short but it's also a classic.
Nice
check this rad twitter out: http://twitter.com/fuckyeah_anime
Jul 26, 2009 3:24 AM

Mar 2009
Death Note.
Jul 26, 2009 4:20 AM

Jul 2009
spiral o.O
Jul 26, 2009 5:16 AM

Sep 2007
Monster, Gankutsuou and Kaiji sound like good suggestions to me. You could try Akagi, too.

And of course it'd be worth at least giving some of your time to Legend of the Galactic Heroes. If you do like it, it'll give you 110 episodes of intrigue and warfare, without filler; titles which offer this are pretty rare

And, if you liked the potted military tactics of Code Geass and the media manipulation in both Geass and Death Note, I suggest you try Starship Operators.

(If you're up for some manga, Onani Master Kurosawa is a black comedy / psychological drama which begins as a very effective parody of Code Geass and Death Note.)
KolokotronisJul 26, 2009 5:21 AM
Jul 26, 2009 12:39 PM
Jul 2009
seishi-sama said:

What about what Lelocuh and Light strikes you as unintelligent? Are they both not geniuses? You may not agree with there ideals but you're just trolling popular anime.
Jul 26, 2009 12:54 PM

Jan 2008
Jyu Oh Sei - Third(?)
Jul 26, 2009 1:27 PM

Dec 2008
Monster and Legend of the Galactic Heroes
Jul 26, 2009 1:38 PM

Feb 2008
zentoph said:
seishi-sama said:

What about what Lelocuh and Light strikes you as unintelligent? Are they both not geniuses? You may not agree with there ideals but you're just trolling popular anime.

Totally agreed.. Maybe it is just some people can't understand the depth of their minds, and their Intelligence..

Well, I do not know if this fit, but both Sumeragi Li Noriega and Kati Manequinn from Gundam 00 are above briliant in strategic plans..
Especially Sumeragi.. ;3

Also, try Spiral.. I did drop it, but the main character is Genius..
Jul 26, 2009 1:39 PM

Mar 2009
You'll like the one guy from "Ghost Hunt"...

And Light, L, and Lelouch are definitely geniuses/sophisticated in many ways...

More topics from this board

» Anime that have all female guilds/clubs/groups/living places, etc

GakutoDeathGlare - 16 minutes ago

0 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
16 minutes ago

» 150 Chapters Manhwa/Manhua

Nizalich - Apr 21

2 by ST63LTH »»
1 hour ago

» New(ish) Manga Reader in Need of Recommendations!

Wakarimas-en - 10 hours ago

3 by Toha »»
2 hours ago

» Similar animes to Tengoku Daimakyou ( 1 2 )

Salvaged - Apr 21

67 by Natedog22 »»
4 hours ago

» Planning to watch Sousou no Frieren

WitchDoc - Apr 18

10 by Faisal-Abdulhadi »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.