Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monogatari Series: First Season
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
May 10, 2019 10:36 PM

Dec 2018
I sense a love triangle.

This time Meme doesn't demand any payment.
Kish0May 10, 2019 10:39 PM
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
May 21, 2019 8:16 PM

Sep 2017
Liked this episode a lot. Hachikuji is REALLY cute, and I loved how she hid behind Ararararararararagi because she was afraid of Senjougahara (these names are such a pain to remember). I also loved Senjougahara's reasoning for hating children, as hilarious as it is. I STILL have no idea what is going on though. When will all of this make sense‽
Jun 1, 2019 5:43 AM

Feb 2016
Very slow paced episode.
I think Hanekawa loves Araragi.
And holy moly Hachikuji has a strong bite
Jul 6, 2019 5:51 PM

Nov 2017
This episode leads to the introduction of one of the most iconic repeating gags in the series, Hachikuji's "stuttering". But Araragi is a hard name to say anyway lol
Jul 9, 2019 10:32 AM
Nov 2015
* Starts off with a cryptic talk phone call from meme.
* We're going to go somewhere which was different from the last episode trying to find the kids mother's house with senjogohara leading the way.
* Apperently, the kid is scared of senjogohara and for good reason, she really doesn't like kids and doesn't fail to make me laugh at her ridiculous reason. Finding out more about her character is always a good thing in my book no matter how trivial it may seem.
* Felt an escalation of mystery and suspense when we couldn't find the house , which isn't something one would normally suspense for.
* Getting emotional dialogue from Mayoi, slowing adding depth to her character. Probably alluding to what her ailment is which I'm guessing has something to do with altering space. Was wrong about what her ailment could be.
* Senjogohara departs, and announces she cannot be left alone with that child, Jesus, doesn't fail to scare me neither.
* So we get some alone time for Mayoi and araragi and also additional interactions with hanakawa adding to the conversation, apperently there is something she doesn't know and is sorry to disappoint. Adding through few lines of dialogue, intriguing.
* Finally, we get another comical fight between them, and a surprisingly violent one, the most violent this story has gotten. And her comment about liking his taste, well that was disturbing.
* Although, I think I missed some lines of a dialogue but I was too caught up in the story to pause or rewind.
Dec 18, 2019 8:37 PM

May 2014
This was a good and very interesting ep. Looks like Mayoi-chan have got used to being around Araragi, but she still has the bitch behaviour. xD She is also the gold digger type. You can allure her with money and sweets. Hahaha! That fight scene with Mayoi-chan and Araragi was intense. To react that furious just by having his hand so close to her. Looks like she has also been through a trauma, most probably. She had an intense killing look. Funny how Araragi K.O. her twice. He did also touch her unripened fruit. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Senjugahara hating kids. That came as a surprise. Maybe the young crying kid was a spoiled brat like Mayoi-chan. Makes sense why she hates kids and think they should all die. hahah. She may have a good point. Kids can be nuisance. Not like adults is any better. Hanekawa acted just opposite to Senjugahara. Looks like she is the kind type who makes two persons friend again. Funny how Oshino calls Senjugahara Tsundere-chan. She is really a tsundere after all. Hahhaah. We got to see more of Mayoi-chan's problem. Maybe it will be solved next time? Good ep.

PS! I see that people may not be so fond of the new OP which was also seen in the last ep. But I look it very differently. The OP shows the personality and the behaviour of the girls the arcs are about. Like the first one was a calm and sad OP. It shows the sad past Senjougahara has and the calm personality we have seen. On the other hand, the 2nd OP is more hysteric and very hype. It's very energetic just like how Mayoi is seen. So as you understand the OP gives one an intro about how the characters are and how they behave. :) This may not be correct, but just a my thought and interpretation about the matter.
mangalicker94Dec 18, 2019 9:23 PM
Feb 6, 2020 12:17 AM

Nov 2012
"She amusingly mistook the meaning of 'touring'"

Hey writers? If you not only have to explain the joke but tell me I'm supposed to be amused by it, the joke probably sucks.

May 19, 2020 3:14 PM
Jul 2013
How come they haven't come up with Ara-aragi yet?
May 22, 2020 8:37 PM

Jan 2018
pls get good i dont wanna drop this again
so much for genius character development too lol
Jun 2, 2020 12:34 AM
Feb 2014
JeremiahOrange said:
Snail paced episode.
Seems like the other episodes will also follow the same fashion.

Araragi is the worst molester in the world.

This show is getting really boring now. Only thing it is good for is putting jokes in every frame. Just like what Zetsubou Sensei does.

Bro stop watching it. You kept commenting how lame and boring every episode is but kept watching and coming back to comment.
Jun 8, 2020 10:14 AM

Sep 2017
momongah said:
JeremiahOrange said:
Snail paced episode.
Seems like the other episodes will also follow the same fashion.

Araragi is the worst molester in the world.

This show is getting really boring now. Only thing it is good for is putting jokes in every frame. Just like what Zetsubou Sensei does.

Bro stop watching it. You kept commenting how lame and boring every episode is but kept watching and coming back to comment.

I watched it to see how deep this shithole of a show went.
Spoilers: it is really shit

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Jun 12, 2020 2:53 PM

Dec 2018
ee_tramboliko said:
pls get good i dont wanna drop this again
so much for genius character development too lol

ikr i’m bored as fuk
Jul 27, 2020 9:08 AM

Jun 2020
another dialogue-heavy episode, this one fell a little flat for me. nonetheless still a very intriguing show! always refreshing to watch.

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Aug 5, 2020 8:48 PM

Apr 2019
This anime doesn't fail to impress me.
The phone call was a really cool scene, the changing visuals on the phone made it a bit hard to focus lol.
Aug 7, 2020 10:53 PM

Apr 2020
This is definitely a show which requires all your attention to watch, I took a bite of cereal and then had to rewind like 15 seconds because I missed so much. This episode provided some nice insight into Mayoi and her back-story. I am really curious as to what these black scenes and red scenes are since it seems like most of the splice ins are saying one or the other, but I am not sure what it means, and can't seem to think up an answer. The animation on that phone was really interesting, I love how daring the studio is to do different types of animation.
"Anime is trash... and so am I"

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Sep 7, 2020 7:44 PM

Jun 2020
This episode is very interesting and I loved it and so as the new OP! LOVED IT^^
May 21, 2021 8:47 PM
Sep 2020
interesting episode, I was curious in the post credits, and i was without subtitles
Jul 25, 2021 2:11 AM

Jun 2020
A casual talk exchanging lines between Araragi and Mayoi

Now this is where her odd "curse" was showing does that mean whenever she's around they'll always be lost quite interesting how will this problem gets solved

Her teeth that's scary don't let your hand near Mayoi or she'll bite it thankfully Araragi has his regenerative powers, Hanekawa paid a visit though, And of course, Oshino has an answer to these peculiar events.
Aug 20, 2021 3:43 AM
May 2020
mayoi is a snail or in other words a ghost of some kind damn
Sep 21, 2021 5:34 PM
Oct 2020
this ep was fun
it was really cool to see the little girl and araragi-kun chat

their personalities matched

I hope the next ep is as good or maybe better, who knows
Dec 27, 2021 3:10 AM
Jul 2018
My gosh. These guys have the most basic of conversations and yet they're accompanied by the most dramatic camera angles and title screens transcribing their dialogue as if they just said something introspective or artsy and I don't know if they actually have said something grandiose or if they're humorously placing emphasis on mundane dialogue. The way they reel their head all the way back to carry on a conversation. And I am ALL for it. I love the dialogue so much. This show has no chill fr. It's throwing my for a loop. I don't know if I'm watching something paramount or pretentious, but it's got my undivided attention.

Also, the scene of just walking along the road looking for the address was just so eerie. The MC seems totally unfazed by everything, but the lack of life and the ominous mist is so unnerving haha.
Jan 8, 2022 11:59 AM
Jul 2018
Feel bad for Mayoi, being lead around by two adults, one who hates children and another who keeps beating the shit out of her. lmfao
That town they're in is really empty too... but I'm sure it's for artistic purposes.
Mar 5, 2022 7:49 PM

Feb 2020
Interesting episode, I enjoyed it.
Apr 28, 2022 10:53 AM
Jun 2020
I was thinking of the same touring two-ring connection before Mayoi pointed it out haha loving the wordplay in this anime
Jun 15, 2022 7:58 PM
Oct 2020
Interesting how we learned quite a bit more about Mayoi- and Senjougahara as well- while everyone was wandering around lost. The loss of cell phone signal after missing the mark twice suggests something of the supernatural. As with previous episodes the monster is never really in plain view, more or a suggestion. Which actually makes it more intriguing and potentially terrifying. I was glad to see Hanekawa pop back in and look forward to seeing more of her. But I do agree with Mayoi on the conversation between Araragi and Meme: it didn't seem to resolve anything. But I enjoyed the old video game references, pong and space invaders. Fortunately there's a part 3 to find out what was the result of Senjougahara and Mem's interaction. But it sounds like a stapler was involved, so one can only imagine.
Jun 21, 2022 8:42 AM
Jan 2020
interesting to say lot of stuff going thrilling yet boring
Aug 18, 2022 8:39 PM

May 2021
So does every girl now have to injure Araragi? It's a funny gag, at least, unlike him assaulting little girls.

Plotwise, said girl can't ever reach her mother's house but I wonder if she would be able to reach it if they had gone along with someone who knew exactly where the house was. Or maybe the apparition actually bends space to ensure the girl doesn't reach the house.

Aug 26, 2022 1:31 PM
Apr 2021
it was good but i dont understand still whats going on. but i liked cause different
Aug 27, 2022 1:19 PM
Aug 2022
It was alright that he met a i think a gradschooler?
Dec 28, 2022 10:55 AM

Dec 2015
Good thing Araragi has vampire powers. Hachikuji didn't even hold back. I like how Hanekawa probably knew who Tsunade was but didn't tell Araragi once he brought up Senjougahara. Really like how this sets up for later episodes.
The blue fruit part was supposed be unripened fruit, right? 青い果実
Jan 23, 2023 8:17 AM
Mar 2018
The first episode was visually stunning and created some intrigue but didn't really have anything else going for it. The second one was... OK. Episode three bored me so much I had a hard time focusing on it. Now, this fourth episode...

This is the first one I can genuinely say I liked. It wasn't great, but I found it enjoyable enough from beginning to end. There's some hope for this series yet!
Feb 3, 2023 10:34 AM
Apr 2011
Help, I'm not high enough to keep watching this.

Jun 4, 2023 7:00 AM
Mar 2022
Very nice. I liked it. Very cool indeed.
Jul 7, 2023 12:12 AM
Jul 2018
Very interesting anime episode. I hope the snail will be easy to disintegrate.
Aug 13, 2023 6:16 PM
Oct 2021
episodio monotomo, parece que fizeram um episodio atoa somente para concluir esse arco da mayomi no proximo epp
Nov 13, 2023 5:41 AM

Apr 2021
Araragi ko the child xD, she was biting him, how can she be a stupid child.That's why Hitagi hates it.

Tsubasa's first sena is smart by the looks of it.
Nov 30, 2023 6:35 PM

Nov 2023
I really like the opening theme ! tanananan, I like this arc
Jan 19, 3:27 AM

Dec 2022
This anime feels so ecchi than usual now lol.
Decent development episode for Mayoi and Hitagi as well mhm + New op rlly catchin me.

Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Jul 3, 2009

510 by deem0n »»
Yesterday, 1:30 PM

» Watch Order 2024?

GoCrayzee - Jan 27

26 by gauravb28 »»
Yesterday, 5:48 AM

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

loghneckbeard - Jun 25, 2010

518 by wimpis »»
Apr 21, 6:15 AM

» Renai Circulation ost

DexterDrubo - Apr 19

5 by hsayal »»
Apr 21, 1:07 AM

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Jul 17, 2009

357 by kagamiiin »»
Apr 19, 7:06 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.