Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Bakemonogatari Episode 4 Discussion

Feb 26, 2014 7:29 PM

Tsundere strikes! Haha. Learned that if you're gonna punch a grade schooler, you need to tell them why, lol. As always, mighty impressed, I'm hooked

Mar 28, 2014 5:02 PM
holy crap this episode was boring

Apr 21, 2014 4:54 AM

I can't wait to listen to the 5th OP <3 Main reason why I started watching this series

Apr 26, 2014 3:51 PM

WTF did I just watch ? 1/5

May 9, 2014 7:18 AM

I can't stop listening to them! The show emits a strange feeling through the extravagance of the sceneries (e.g. the telephone scene) and the dialogs *.*

May 31, 2014 8:51 PM

hitagi can be scary sometimes.
he again , Smack a grade-schooler and feel like a proud idiot .
I sense some "love" in the air !!
So she is a spirit or ghost!? that's why she can sense feelings. All entities I think can do that.
Tetris and the other game lol!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jun 18, 2014 9:41 PM

Lol he smacked her unconscious again, way to go

Jul 3, 2014 9:53 AM

This arc sucks, really the dialogue bores me to death since I don't care for that small girl. Well next episode seems to be the last episode for this arc so I'll just have to bear with it.
I hope the next arc will be better

Aug 20, 2014 12:13 PM

Pf... this ep was pretty boring. Got to watch some other anime before continuing this one.

Sep 28, 2014 3:55 PM

Hmm, not really good one but wasn't bad either, I like those converstation with Senjougahara and Hanekawa in the first part but I don't know if I like Mayoi. Her "parent divorce" problem seems to be pretty... uninteresting I would say? Or maybe SHE is not interesting enough character to catch my curiosity (but yes, she has great OP). I just wonder how this story will relate to his own sister in the end.

And Araragi still needs to drink blood once a month as a vampire? Interesting information.

btw... seeing that ED again, those eyes,... it really reminds me of Huke.

Nov 17, 2014 12:33 PM

Oh snap, he punched her twice!

May 29, 2015 5:16 PM

I really like the details in this show, like the images on the cell phone screen in this episode, and trying to figure out how they relate to the dialogue. Sometimes they actually convey more than actual conversations. Also, I wish I was a Japanese speaker to understand better all the word play, because I obviously miss out on much.

Simplicity of animation and the inclusion of photos, collage, and text frames really make for a unique show. Too much happens on screen to take all that in, but for now I'm quite satisfied with just going with the flow.

Jun 17, 2015 4:17 PM

Really this anime freaks me out but in a good way ...
It's been 4 episodes and we only saw 6 different persons .... are they living in a ghost city or what??!

I'm still torn between genius or craziness toward this anime.
But hey now I'm hooked I need to finish that

Jun 18, 2015 11:35 PM

New op is nice, but definitely has a childish vibe to it. Fits Mayoi arc perfectly. Watching this though I feel like I'm going to have an existential crisis at any moment. I still like how dialogue heavy it is. It seems profound in some way. Or maybe I'm just going crazy? We'll see.

Jul 2, 2015 8:38 AM

The fact that this arc is called "Mayoi Snail" is appropriate, as this show is moving along at a snail's pace.

1/5

Jul 2, 2015 1:40 PM

now you know how to deal lolis, 1000 yen, ice cream and a good ol' punch sometimes hahah. I'm hungry Araragi-san :3
Koyomi x Mayoi FTW XD
Mayoi is so mercantile that it looks very funny <3
Modified by tsundereharasser, Jul 2, 2015 6:19 PM

Jul 5, 2015 9:22 AM
oreomonogatari

I've heard really good things about this series so I hope it gets better...

Jul 24, 2015 12:59 PM

Well, not a bad episode, but certainly not great either. Mayoi is cute, though. The conversations just weren't as fun as the previous episode, and nothing else really happened.

I hope that this isn't all I can expect from the remaining episodes... I'm a little disappointed. ✿ 3/5

Aug 5, 2015 9:00 PM

Koyomi....ya gotta stop... Ep 4.

Plot: Trying to find Mayoi's place is a bust for now. With some help we find...to be continued.

Character: We may be in for another depression with Mayoi. While a bit of a brat, she seems like a good enough girl despite her family situation. And there may be some significance to her name of Hachikuji.

Koyomi really has a problem. Maybe the vampire thing messed him up more than he thinks.

Hanekawa makes an appearance and maybe has some relevance to later arcs. Tsundere-chan is Tsundere but hates kids. I can relate a bit.

Animation/Sound: The phone animation was fun to watch.

3/5. Not much to talk about here. Like a snail its a bit of a drag.

I go where I wanna go, even if its into Oppai.

Sep 18, 2015 6:14 AM

Nice episode. Laughed quite a lot. I know this is moving quite slow but that doesn't bother me much.

And ahem.... Way to go Araragi-san... You just introduced yaoi to Hanekawa. I can't even imagine what her face will look like when she checks it out. x')
"Oh, I wasn't trying to be funny.. I would've put a 'Haha' at the end of it."

Dec 10, 2015 4:47 PM

Seems there are no people in this city , lol .

Dec 19, 2015 3:55 PM

this anime is kinda confusing .

Dec 30, 2015 9:12 AM

So Hanekawa is going to find out about Yaoi... I wonder what her reaction would be like hahaha

Jan 3, 2016 11:36 AM

I actually like all the talking. I''m not saying you should like it too but I think it will be like this for the rest of the series so maybe you should drop it if it isnt your thing. (I havent finished this, just guessing)

The art is cool as always :3

Jan 3, 2016 7:07 PM

DrunkSheep said:
I actually like all the talking. I''m not saying you should like it too but I think it will be like this for the rest of the series so maybe you should drop it if it isnt your thing. (I havent finished this, just guessing)

The talking isn't my problem with the show (considering I've read the light novels and think they're decent), it's that Shaft seems to focus so much on the visuals that they fail to build up the pacing properly, and this makes the show tedious to watch, in my opinion.

Jan 4, 2016 1:07 AM

DrunkSheep said:

The art is cool as always :3

I'd like to think Monogatari franchise is a PERFECT test for attention span. If people can't deal with more complex narrative here and stronger literary influences than in your usual anime, then its their problem.

The wordplay alone makes this stand out from the usual copypasta anime.

64SuperNintendo said:
DrunkSheep said:

The talking isn't my problem with the show (considering I've read the light novels and think they're decent), it's that Shaft seems to focus so much on the visuals that they fail to build up the pacing properly, and this makes the show tedious to watch, in my opinion.

For someone who is clearly not a target audience, you seem to have stuck with this for awfully too long.
Modified by Ahenshihael, Jan 4, 2016 1:08 AM

Jan 4, 2016 12:21 PM

Fai said:
For someone who is clearly not a target audience, you seem to have stuck with this for awfully too long.

Considering I said the light novels are decent (despite being nothing special in terms of narrative and having their flaws), it's not because I'm not in the target audience. I am a fan of slow-paced shows; they hold my attention very well if the story is interesting and the pacing is good (meaning that it's slow-paced for the right reasons), but if making such a show was what they were aiming for wth Monogatari, then I think they did a very bad job of it.

I dislike the show more because of the direction rather than the content, and I continue to watch it because I want to see if any of the story arcs which get animated end up living up to their potential and don't want to miss anything in the meantime.

Let's just agree to disagree.
Modified by D-ohnuts, Jan 4, 2016 7:26 PM

Jan 12, 2016 3:31 AM

Well it was very slow paced episode. Mostly are talking and dialogues being thrown.

Hanekawa was also kind of random. Then there is the part with the lost snail and stuffs.

Jan 12, 2016 2:58 PM

64SuperNintendo said:

Just curious, how were the light novels in comparison? I mean, if the novels ahad all this talking then removing it would have probably been for the worse

Jan 14, 2016 5:56 AM

DrunkSheep said:
Just curious, how were the light novels in comparison? I mean, if the novels ahad all this talking then removing it would have probably been for the worse

The light novels feel like reading pretty much any book. It's nothing special, the stories are "been there, done that", and it has its flaws like not-particularly-interesting characters and story arcs that don't fulfill their potential, but it's readable.

I compared the experience of watching the anime to a theoretical adaptation of a book in visual format that just consists of watching someone sitting there, reading the book out loud. The anime is about as slow-paced as the light novels, but you'd expect a book to be slow-paced, with all the descriptions of people, places and actions.

I just find that the anime is slow-paced for the wrong reasons. It's slow due to focusing so much on the visuals that it detracts from everything else, and I don't care about the animation.

It gets to the point that watching the dialogue scenes in any other anime is more engaging than watching the ones in Monogatari.
Modified by D-ohnuts, Jan 14, 2016 6:24 AM

Jun 28, 2016 7:13 AM

Dropped . Cant understand anything about this show

Jul 24, 2016 2:06 PM

Tsundere-chan haha, poor Oshino getst the stapler treatment.

Aug 22, 2016 7:32 PM

So confused as to what's going on lol

caught in the wonder

Jan 11, 2017 4:24 PM

I've been trying to understand this show but I really can't. It's not the dialogue that's bad, it's that they're basically saying nothing for 10 minutes. The animation can be unique, but the characters are terrible. Senjougahara bullies Araragi the whole time, and this new loli girl doesn't do anything remotely interesting. I'm not gonna drop it because a lot of people seem to like it, but I just want to get to the point where the show gets good, because right now it isn't, at all.

Jan 29, 2017 10:15 PM

Well i really enjoy it at least.

Jan 31, 2017 6:01 AM

Awesome Episode!!

Mar 1, 2017 10:10 AM

I don't know what was so good about this ep all of those people praising it, I really despise that background without people it's so boring.

Jun 22, 2017 8:58 PM
:D

I actually didn't enjoy this show too much the first time I watched it 3 years ago, and this is where I stopped. But my humor has changed, and I know a bit more of the usual Japanese/anime terms than before. So now I'm thoroughly enjoying this show and can't wait to watch the next episode, which, for me, is pretty rare and the first time in a while. The characters are great and I'm loving the banter between them 😊

Aug 30, 2017 10:26 AM

another boring episode. but i'll give the show another chance. after all it took a while to acquire.....

oh and.. why should the guy care if the dumb girl's hungry, again?... oh right cuz she's a goddam loli and this whole arc is for ruddy lolicons. riiiight
i love whoever reads this.
see you, space cowperson . . .

Sep 15, 2017 1:00 AM

Arararararagi sure loves beating up kids, huh? Hahaha.

I hate kids, too, so I feel you, Senjougahara.

I wonder what's up with Mayoi, maaan. I hope it'll be clear next episode.

Loved the OP. Haha. It's so cuuuute!

I guess even though Oshino-san "cured" Arararararagi, the healing ability is still in him. Love my vampire Ararararagi. <3
----------------------------------------
"NNAAAA~ NNAAAA~ NNAAAA~ NNAAAA~"
NANACHI (MADE IN ABYSS), 2017
----------------------------------------

Oct 16, 2017 7:30 PM

Boring... hope the snail arc gets done soon.
~ The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.

Dec 5, 2017 8:13 AM
Well, i'm still not sold on this show, but it's intriguing. But i don't know why everyone praise the dialogues so much, most of the time they're weird as hell. I mean, she hates children because...why exactly? At least dialogues got better in the second half of the ep.

Dec 24, 2017 11:11 AM

This was a nice episode with both the beginning of a relationship between Araragi and Senjougahara, as well as the saving and promoting of Mayoi. I'm also guessing we're going to see a lot more of Mayoi now, but she's pretty funny and cute so I don't mind lol
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy

Dec 29, 2017 3:32 AM

I'm not sure why people like this show so much. Artsy fartsy or not, it's boring the Hell out of me.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jan 16, 1:18 AM

The show got me now. Never before have I been so much into a series, that's 90% about people just talking. I gave it a hard time for the first 2 episodes, but it really won me over now.

Jan 30, 9:20 PM
the quirkiness of this show isout of control, and I love it. the 'unripened fruit' part had me rolling.

Apr 13, 6:47 PM

Snail paced episode.
Seems like the other episodes will also follow the same fashion.

Araragi is the worst molester in the world.

This show is getting really boring now. Only thing it is good for is putting jokes in every frame. Just like what Zetsubou Sensei does.
Modified by JeremiahOrange, Apr 13, 6:50 PM
Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

May 23, 2:45 PM
So I guess I'm the only one who saw koyomi feel up that grade schooler. This series isn't your average anime, it's so dialogue-heavy and the world is so dead and empty (It looks pretty tho). The background and settings rarely change. And the flashcards popping up at random for a 1/4 second saying random things. The characters talk a lot but sometimes they're saying meaningless things. I'm going to hang in there and hope the show gets better going forward.

I do like the art. I'm only on the 4th episode of a very long series, I just gotta hang in there

Aug 26, 5:40 PM

5/5

The part of the phone is so... diferent? I am thinking what kind of drug the developers of this anime has used on this anime XD. That loli is so cute *-*. Heavy dialogues is just beggining, I think.
"No matter where you go, everyone's connected." Iwakura, Lain.

Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]