Forum Settings
Forums
Poll: Kino's Journey - the Beautiful World: Byouki no Kuni -For You- Discussion

Aug 11, 2018 2:15 PM

I was a little put off by the overuse of CGI and the different art style, but it's not bad, it still feels very much like a Kino no Tabi story. Not the best one, but not the weakest either, I was captivated by Inasha's story and this country in general seemed intriguing, too bad the country itself wasn't as developed as it could have been, I would have loved to know more about their culture and how the people over there live in such an unusual place.

Considering what Kino saw in the series, that scene where Kino tells Inasha about her travels feels a bit funny because of how she talks about that stuff and Inasha is laughing. I imagine Kino saying something like "There was that time when I stayed in a country full of nice and friendly people, including an energetic girl who dreamed of being a tour guide... And then after I left, the land was engulfed in lava from a volcano nearby! lmao" and Inasha laughing her ass off. I know, she's probably talking about the more lighthearted stuff she saw in her travels, but I still found it funny.

Dec 21, 2018 8:29 AM

I had no idea that this one was animated by Shaft. So that's why this movie has that old Shaft looks in it.

Also I think that this movie is better directed as well as produced. The story was okay but I see the setting itself to be a good sci-fi concept.

May 13, 11:06 PM

Pretty damn sad.

We sometimes forget or don’t know how we got to this time in the present. At some point that country will be healthy, not knowing how they are.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]