Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 5, 2009 12:58 PM

Jul 2009
cal was a good character she shouldnt died!although it was a good episode!
Oct 8, 2009 5:46 PM

Jun 2009
Reiji's only link to sanity... exploded right in front of him...

T_T

Now Inferno's ganna pay for Cal's death... but something tells me she's outside buying a new Recorder or something...

xxangelchanxx said:
Noooo CAL!!
I was like O____ O the whole time.

Best episode yet though!

same reaction here ^_^
I'd call it one of the best moment of the show yet ^_^ it is a heck of a lot more dramatic than the moment Elen got shot by Reiji.
AirStylesOct 8, 2009 5:58 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 11, 2009 8:08 PM

Aug 2009
OMG CAL NOO! Good thing Reiji went out of his house. If he didn't, he would have died because of the bomb.

Go Reiji. Unleash the demon that is sleeping inside of you again. Kill everyone except Elen. You gotta do it with her first, and then you kill her.

No, I'm kidding. I still love you Ein. <3
Oct 23, 2009 3:45 AM

Jul 2008
nooooo Cal can't die
Feb 15, 2010 9:59 PM

May 2009
PEOPLE ARE GOING TO DIE! hes going to kill everyone!
i created a club that is building up a emotional "feels" anime collections
so if anyone wants to join it and get emotional together please come and join us <3
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=18987
Click for link^
Apr 29, 2010 4:14 AM
Jun 2009
That was a very painful episode to watch. Not, as you may be thinking, because it was bad. I actually enjoyed it. But because it held so much pain and torment, and loss, so much loss. The flashback for Godoh to Mio was awfully sad, not only because he died, but because he was already hurting because he couldn't protect her, or be with her, as much as he liked. And Ein's denial of "Elen", a very painful act, to cut off your emotions and identity again, when faced with someone you had become attached to. And then Reiji witnessing Cal's "death", which will undoubtedly hit him in the heart and send him down that long dark psychological tunnel again.

If I wasn't in such a good mood today, I would probably have been crying.
Aug 23, 2010 3:55 PM

Oct 2008
Why Cal :(
Reiji better open a whole can of "im gonna kick the fuck outta everyone" now!
Mar 4, 2011 2:38 PM

Aug 2010
beansprut said:
That was a very painful episode to watch. Not, as you may be thinking, because it was bad. I actually enjoyed it. But because it held so much pain and torment, and loss, so much loss. The flashback for Godoh to Mio was awfully sad, not only because he died, but because he was already hurting because he couldn't protect her, or be with her, as much as he liked. And Ein's denial of "Elen", a very painful act, to cut off your emotions and identity again, when faced with someone you had become attached to. And then Reiji witnessing Cal's "death", which will undoubtedly hit him in the heart and send him down that long dark psychological tunnel again. .
TRUE! Reiji already as enough on his plate already.
Apr 19, 2011 11:31 PM

Nov 2010
Burn baby burn.

Yup, I'll be a jerk. Hated Cal. Maybe now she's (temporarily?) gone there'll be some action.
May 19, 2011 10:40 PM
Feb 2008
Great episode. Secrets revealed through and through

The ending shocked me but Cal isn't dead. This is just going to be the excuse that Phantom needed to go crazy. I think Ein actually saved the girl and is really playing Scythe and Inferno and will help Reiji take everyone down
Mar 16, 2012 9:06 PM

Sep 2011
She was growing on me... -o-
Mar 31, 2012 8:21 PM

Dec 2011
I hope that Cal didnt die.
:(
Jun 29, 2012 10:47 AM

Jan 2012
i think i say without hesitation probably one of the best episodes so far.... great suspense towards the end, and the very last scene was jaw dropping, i had a feeling when they showed the bag but with Reji walking down the street I was torn.....

Good to get everything laid out on the table, and the 'truth' finally out can't believe that guy shot Godoh at the end, although the only annoying thing was when he got shot twice, no way can you sit up and have a fag xD but in a weird way it amused me.... next episode looks interesting for sure!!
Jul 4, 2012 6:21 PM

Nov 2007
K knew Shiga was going to shoot his friend.

I don't even care if Claudia set any of it up. The same as all along I want that Scythe bastard dead. His weird twisted treatment of Ein, and just being a creepy bastard. The sooner he dies the better.

I want to see Reji on the offensive already and kicking some ass.
Jul 27, 2012 4:43 PM

Jun 2012
I doubt Cal's dead. It's way to anti-climatic for that to happen to such a great character.

I'm surprised Reiji remained calm and collected even after finding out about Eren. Though if I was him, I would have gone after her instead of just staring at her watching her leave >.>
Jul 27, 2012 10:06 PM

Aug 2010
I doubt Cal is dead but the point is that Reiji thinks she's dead. He lost Elen than he found Cal and now he lost Cal. I really feel bad for the guy.

This was a great episode and I still love Cal and always will.
Sep 2, 2012 1:49 PM

Aug 2012
I hope Cal isn't dead =(

5/5 episode.

Oct 15, 2012 12:48 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Excellent episode. I don't think Cal is dead though. She still has a part to play I bet. I just hope that Scythemaster didn't get her. I think Reiji has enough NTR with Ein for that to happen!

Goto was actually a standup guy. Shame he died betrayed that way.

This series is very good.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 20, 2012 5:20 PM

Jul 2012
I really hate Ein's character. She gave up on the only guy who cared for her, she knows she's being manipulated and she doesn't care she even sides with the guy who manipulates her, geez what an idiot. I don't understand why Reiji still cares about the apathetic idiot with stockholm syndrome, I definitely like Cal more. Also, that Godoh guy isn't smart either how the hell did he make it that far into the underground world? instincts my ass, he takes a single picture as evidence and he doesn't even question if the guy who is helping him (Scythe) is a scheming bastard himself. Despite all that I still like this anime.
Nov 4, 2012 3:28 PM
Jul 2012
So Ms.Muccen betrayed the inferio. That bastard hate her.
This plot goes way to fast.
Cal dies. Wow don't know what to say.
3/5
Jan 3, 2013 8:41 PM

May 2011
First and foremost... Koshimizu Ami! ^^ (Godo's sister).

On a more serious note, so everything is finally clear to all parties, and all hell broke loose. Claudia is on the run, Scythe got Godo's whole crew sniped, then left Shiga with just one logical option, to kill his "Aniki". That must of been heart-wrenching for him. The short scene with Eren was nice too, she actually helped Reiji. When I saw her face and heard her voice, it was as if the entire first arc of the story flashed before my eyes again, that's how you know it's a quality anime.

Reiji is on the run yet again, and he loses his companion... YET AGAIN. He must be going through hell all over again. He needs to finally snap and just annihilate every enemy in his path. I know Cal is alive though, there was no cue of her being in the home, and it would be anti-climatic to have her killed off-screen with no hints. Regardless, I want to see Reiji go "phantom mode" on everyone for ruining the little "peace" he finally regained, until he re-unites with her at least. Reiji yelling Cal's name at the end was really heart-wrenching.

Hang in there!

5/5
Jan 14, 2013 9:27 PM

Nov 2011
Cal can't die here! I was just thinking, if Cal dies here, it'll be soo sad but WHY. Well, Cal is probably still alive, there wasn't a body so she probably went out or something.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Apr 23, 2013 5:54 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Cal's obviously not dead...no way they would introduce a character and focus on how she's observant and good with playing around and fixing things like guns and then kill her off. Too bad, because I would love her to be dead. I don't care how "badass" she's going to be later on.

My hate for Cal aside, poor Lizzie (and I guess Reiji as well) when she finds out about Clauidia's intentions and then in the end just runs away like that. That woman is really cunning, not that we didn't know that since episode 1 (or was it 2 when she was first introduced?). I don't who's face I dislike seeing more, Scythe Master, or Claudia. Both of them always wear this annoyingly confident smirk. And that reunion scene between Ein and Reiji ;_; so sad. Reiji's hatred for Scythe Master probably just increased ten fold. And Ein, well, I'm just glad that although she doesn't seem like she has any feelings for Reiji, she still warned him to run since Inferno will be after him. Lastly, I knew Shiga would betray Godoh. It's really sad though, because they have been through so much together. The world they live in is really harsh. You never know who will go against you.
Jun 18, 2013 11:57 AM

Jun 2012
DeathfireD said:
future Cal and Elen both fight Reji.

I really don't think Elen (now Ein, once again) has any intentions of kililng Reiji... She would have killed him right then and there if she did.
Some parts of this post may be exaggerated.
Jul 15, 2013 6:19 PM
May 2013
I also think that Cal isn't dead. Cal had always been waiting for Reiji's arrival so I think she would know if someone comes to leave a bomb at their door.
Nov 3, 2013 1:40 AM
Nov 2013
I dont think Cal is dead, no way she is or this character will be totally pointless to have in the first place.

I still like Claudia more than Scythe though, that white man is creepy

Dec 25, 2013 11:33 PM
Nov 2013
Ein, you're a cunt.

Cal, i know your not dead, because judging by previous events, main characters are invincible in this series.

Clo, you're a cunt.
Dec 28, 2013 12:29 AM

Oct 2013
Ok, being the unpopular opinion here: I do not like Ein at all. She has no personality and all she does is follow around her beloved master. Reiji/Zwei were thrown in the same position (with being that they both lost their memories and are forced to kill to survive) but you don't see him creating the same destruction she does. At least Reiji has a goal in mind as a hitman. Ein already gave up and she's so lifeless. I really don't see how she is in any way an appealing character.

i think the whole star crossed lovers thing would've been a nice touch if Ein actually was a likeable character. It's just silly to have her pop up so many times and shake Reiji up as if we can sympathize with him...
Dec 28, 2013 7:34 PM
Nov 2013
wallflowr said:
Ok, being the unpopular opinion here: I do not like Ein at all. She has no personality and all she does is follow around her beloved master. Reiji/Zwei were thrown in the same position (with being that they both lost their memories and are forced to kill to survive) but you don't see him creating the same destruction she does. At least Reiji has a goal in mind as a hitman. Ein already gave up and she's so lifeless. I really don't see how she is in any way an appealing character.

i think the whole star crossed lovers thing would've been a nice touch if Ein actually was a likeable character. It's just silly to have her pop up so many times and shake Reiji up as if we can sympathize with him...

I liked Ein right up until episode 10, when all of the character development she had gone through thus far decided to disappear and she turned back into an obedient slave for no reason. Honestly though, Lizzie is pretty much the only character i like anymore.
Jan 18, 2014 1:08 PM

Aug 2013
Well, it look like Cal have been... fired from Inferno :P
Okay, that was a bad joke. We don't even if she really is dead, even if they're is a high possibility.

Anyway, Elen identify herself has Ein and it look like Reiji will confront her in the next episode.

It also look like Inferno have acquired new Phantom.

Godoh have been fooled all the way. Even that photo was fake, they look like dumbass now. A fratricide... One of the worst sin.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jan 28, 2014 2:49 AM

Jul 2013
I want Scythe to die.. and not just die.. I want him to suffer first

Ein is a bitch and everyone knows that.. she doesn't deserve even a tiny bit of concern from Reiji.. she chose that path herself so let her have it

I'm sure Cal is not dead... I just know it
Jan 29, 2014 6:48 AM

Oct 2012
Yes, Scythe needs to die horrible death. But first there is Reiji's vengeance and upcoming showdown, can't wait!

Glad Mio was introduced, nice scene.

And the ending was so intense... that explosion... Cal! You better be alive!
Mar 2, 2014 3:06 PM
Sep 2011
Bahaha I was waiting for Cal to kick the bucket, her voice was REALLY gettin on my nerves!! when she was introduced in ep 13 i was like, yea her character is goin to die!
time to CELEBRATE!!! =3
Mar 31, 2014 2:50 PM

May 2012
Pretty decent development, that flashback with Cal was pretty nice though but did she really had to be cut off? She was such a lovely character :| I wonder what's next though!
Apr 22, 2014 10:52 PM

Apr 2012
damn SO much conniving and deception
scythe is a puppet master

May 9, 2014 8:51 AM

Jul 2013
Feel so bad for Reiji. He loses everything that is important again and again.

Hopefully Cal isn't dead but if she is alive Scythe probably has her.
Jun 14, 2014 8:09 PM

May 2014
CALL!!! NOOOOO PLease don't be dead. Toucing episode here,
Jul 10, 2014 6:53 PM

Oct 2013
interesting episode feel bad for the goudo group
can't beleive how easy this "gasnters" get tricked XD
hope Reji gets back with elen "ein"
but i can only assume she is going to kill him in the end or vise versa but who knows
[/quote]
Aug 16, 2014 5:46 AM

Jul 2009
I believe Cal it's not dead, she might have noticed something and left the place before the explosion...
Daisuke Godo was actually a good guy, Shiga and Scythe did everything they could to reach the top...it's true the Clau was the one blame for Zwei going after Scythe and all that thing, but still...
Jan 11, 2016 9:33 AM

Sep 2015
I believe Cal is not dead... I want to believe! hahaha
Aug 10, 2016 5:33 AM

Jul 2008
Damn it no one is safe or innocent except Cal...

Reiji, time to go apeshit and kill everyone.
Mar 26, 2017 1:39 PM

Feb 2013
(rewatching)

Only 1 year since both Ein and Zwei nearly died. Quite the recovery.

That Scythe is a crafty one.
Jul 28, 2017 12:10 PM

May 2015
Naaw, Loli is not dead. 100% sure.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Apr 16, 2018 8:31 PM

Aug 2014
Oh god, why...please showrunners...don't take Cal away from me. She is such a precious person, don't take her away. I am almost too afraid to watch the next episode tbh..
Apr 22, 2018 12:22 PM

May 2016
Wow that was a great episode it's obvious that Cal is not dead considering her talent and some hidden hints before the explosion, I felt kinda bad for Godoh, though his flash back was typical Yakuza stuff, but still Shiga why would you do that.
OtakuHipster said:
Bahaha I was waiting for Cal to kick the bucket, her voice was REALLY gettin on my nerves!! when she was introduced in ep 13 i was like, yea her character is goin to die!
time to CELEBRATE!!! =3
are you on drugs dude she has one of most beautiful voices ever.
Feb 22, 2020 2:56 PM

Nov 2016
Aside from the relationship/interaction between Reiji and Cal, I liked the characterisation for Godo before he bite the dust the most from all that went down during the last couple of episodes. It came a bit late, but better late than never. And the betrayal was brutal.

I don't think that Cal is dead yet, but I expect/expected it to happen later.

As for the plot, it was honestly a bit on the generic side. Entertaining, but nothing special, things are spicing up, tho.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 12, 2023 8:33 AM

Dec 2022
Cal probably wasn't there when the explosion happened, to be honest. I expect that she survived. None of the deaths in this series have been all that ambiguous so far. Scythe Master has plot armour and no one's allowed to kill him or pull the trigger before he's actually supposed to die, which I hope is at some point during the series. Him and Claudia are fucked up.

Elen seems brainwashed, but she still cares for Reiji's wellbeing. Maybe there's hope left for undoing it; her being Scythe Master's pawn for the rest of the anime would be a waste of her character.

Shaded Horizon

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~ Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Sep 24, 2009

628 by __FK__ »»
Apr 15, 1:49 PM

Poll: » Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~ Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jul 16, 2009

145 by defaulticus »»
Mar 23, 2:46 PM

Poll: » Phantom Requiem for the Phantom Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Mikiyo - Apr 3, 2009

171 by defaulticus »»
Mar 17, 3:51 PM

» Phantom: Requiem for the phantom. Visual Novel endings.

Jimmy2233 - Sep 26, 2013

5 by ALCYON3US »»
Feb 9, 12:30 PM

Poll: » Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~ Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ckam - Jul 20, 2009

71 by bubba460z »»
Dec 17, 2023 9:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.