Forum Settings
Forums

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: The Explorers of Nightmares *Chapter 1*

New
Jul 22, 2009 4:04 PM

May 2009
This is not my work, It was created by "GalladeRocks" from serebii.net, i just posted it in here because I think it was a great, i mean really great fanfic about Pokemon Mystery Dungeon story. I scored 8.5 out of 10.

I'll just post part by part so, if you think you like it just leave a comment then vote and I'll continue with the story, okay? Here are some spoilers that will help you to understand the story. Without further ado here goes!

Chracter List:

Terms to Know

Attack List

~ Backstory ~

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: The Explorers of Nightmares

~ Prolouge ~

Time: Far far in the future.

Location: Hard to tell. Everything looks the same. Everything is dull and gray.

All is still. Soon, all will be still for the rest of eternity. This world is changing, and not for the better. However, not many are left to mourn for the collapse of the future. An overshadowed tyrant, alone in the shadows, does what he can to hold up his future. His ghostly assistant and his vicious assassins have disappeared on their final mission. However, there are some that will be missed. A hero in ages past and present and his time-traveling ally have already been wept for. They're not gone yet, though. Which brings us to today.

"You have to go."

"No. You've been telling me this over and over, and I'm going to keep answering over and over. No. I'm not leaving you."

Two hunched figures stood before a glowing blue tunnel. The light pulsed rythmically, casting its gentle light over the gray dirt and soil before it. Somewhere nearby, the thuds of many pairs of running feet rapidly approached.

"You can go through The Passage before it shuts," the larger figure argued. "If we both go, the others can sneak in after us. One of us has to stay behind to keep them from coming, and I can guarantee that it's not going to be you."

"Well, I can guarantee that it's not going to be you." The small, pink figure's cheeks turned a rosey red. "I'm staying, no matter what you do. I can't lose you again, Grovyle."

Grovyle blushed and stared back at his partner. "But if you stay, it will be like I lost you. I can't bear that thought, Celebi."

With that, the Sableye were upon them. There were over a dozen of them, and they were ready for a fight. Grovyle quickly stepped up in front of Celebi as the first of his attackers pounced. The leaves on his wrist extended into a Leaf Blade attack and he swung in a wild arc. Three Sableye fell to the hit, but the rest pulled back and leapt forward again. Grovyle continued to knock them back. Celebi watched on helplessly as the merciless purple army came at her best friend with their claws, only to be fended off by Leaf Blade after Leaf Blade.

"Celebi!" Grovyle grimaced as a Sableye scratched him across the face. "Go into the Passage! NOW!"

"No!" Tears ran down Celebi's cheeks. "I'm not leaving you! I'm never leaving!"

"You can be sure of that."

Grovyle and Celebi whirled around in surprise. The Sableye fell back, retreating into the shadows. Their master had arrived. It would be best to leave him to his work. Floating where his minions had fought moments before, the ghostly reaper that had hunted Grovyle for years smiled in final triumph.

"Dusknoir!" Grovyle spat out the words.

"Grovyle! How great it is to see you again, 'old friend'!" Dusknoir chuckled heartily. "You weren't thinking about going through The Passage of Time and leaving poor old me alone here, were you?"

"Actually, you're more right than you can imagine." Grovyle grinned humorlessly.

Dusknoir was slightly taken aback. "So you admit then that your place is here, rotting in the future?"

"No." Grovyle took a step forward. "My place is here, between you and Celebi."

"Always the hero," Dusknoir growled. "I hate heroes."

The two opponents lunged simultaneously. They struck each other head on, but Grovyle stood strong. He caught Dusknoir by the arms and threw him back. The Gripper Pokemon crashed to the ground and skidded a few feet before floating back up. His single red eye glowed with fury. "Let this be remembered in history as the day that the hero finally lost."

Grovyle smirked. "Where we're going, there is no history." As he finished his sentence, the mouth on Dusknoir's stomach stretched wide open and an enormous Shadow Ball formed inside.

"Brave words," Dusknoir fired the Shadow Ball with all of the force he could muster. "Last words usually are."

The blast hit Grovyle with the strength of a hundred Hyper Beams. The resulting explosion blacked out the entire clearing. All was lost from view. Dusknoir raised his arms up to his face defensively.

"GROVYLE!!!" The cry was Celebi's.

Dusknoir laughed malicioulsly. The smoke cleared, and the laughter stopped. Still standing, right where he had been before, was Grovyle. The Shadow Ball was held motionless by a twin Leaf Blade. "No! It can't be!" Dusknoir's eye grew wide.

A tremendous smile crossed Celebi's face. "You're alive!"

"For now," Grovyle muttered. "Dusknoir, I believe this is yours." He uncrossed his Leaf Blades, the force launching the Shadow Ball back in the direction from which it came. Dusknoir had no time to react before he was knocked back by his own attack. He was thrown hard into the ground, knocking him unconscious in a matter of seconds.

"Grovyle, Grovyle!" Celebi wrapped her arms tightly around her friends neck.

Grovyle pulled her off and held her firmly in his hands. "Celebi, I'm sorry to do this, but it's the only way. You're too stubborn to listen to reason." Here, he smiled.

Celebi's joy faded. "What are you going to do?"

"Celebi, my love." Celebi turned even pinker than before. "This is farewell."

Celebi couldn't do a thing to stop Grovyle. He strode up to the glowing Passage of Time and tossed her in. "GROVYLE!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!" Celebi wailed in despair as she was carried away by the current of the time screen. Carried away from her only love. Forever. A few small tears slid down Grovyle's face as he stepped back away from The Passage. It closed without a sound, but Celebi's cry still hung in the air.

"Good-bye, Celebi." Grovyle closed his eyes and sat down. Slowly, the world around him began to fade. The future had been changed, and therefore saved. "Good luck."

This next chapter has the real main characters.

~ Chapter 1 ~

"Hurry up, Piplup!"

"I'm coming, Chimchar, I'm coming."

The two partners sprinted through the dusty streets of Treasure Town. The shopowners and townspeople all waved as they passed through, heading towards their main objective. The friends had come a long way since their first meeting on the beach south of town. Piplup, formerly a human, but now transformed into a Pokemon, had awoken on the sand to find Chimchar standing over him, trying to wake him up. The two were immediate friends. They had been to the future. They had saved the world twice. The first time was from Dialga, who had been overshadowed by the collapse of time, and the second was from the villainous Darkrai, who was trying to bring both time and space under his control. This is probably why it felt so good to be able to laze around Treasure Town all day. Well, after they'd worked awhile.

The Wigglytuff Guild's tent loomed up ahead. Chimchar turned back to look at Piplup as he ran for the door. "Should we go on a rescue mission today?"

"I was kind of hoping to go after an outlaw," Piplup answered. The two slipped inside and slid down the ladder. Chimecho looked up as they hit the floor.

"Hi Piplup! Hi Chimchar!" she greeted in her usual ringing tone.

"Hey Chimecho!" Chimchar waved.

Hearing the greeting, Corphish, Sunflora, and Dugtrio, who had been looking over the bulletin boards for missions, turned quickly to face the voices. "Piplup! Chimchar!" they all ran forward to greet their friends.

"Hey guys!" Piplup laughed as they all gathered around him. "Are there any good mission requests on the boards today?"

"Actually," Sunflora tried to hold her smile. "Omigosh, I can't say it. Corphish, you tell them."

"Hey!" Corphish glared at Sunflora. "If you'd stop being so ditzy, you'd get a lot more accomplished! Hey hey!"

Piplup, Chimchar, and Dugtrio looked on, mortified, as their friends continued to bicker over nothing. Finally, Dugtrio turned back to address the other two. "To sum up what they're trying to say, Pelipper delivered a letter this morning, addressed directly to Team Pokepals."

"That's us!" Chimchar hopped up and down excitedly.

"Figure that out on your own?" Piplup grinned sarcastically. "Who was it from?"

"I think it'd be best if you come downstairs and see for yourself." Piplup turned to the ladder leading to the lowest level.

"Bidoof!" Chimchar ran over to his good friend. The large toothed Pokemon was hanging onto the top rung of the ladder.

"There's something down here you need to see," Bidoof continued, smiling widely. He stepped off the ladder and stood by Dugtrio. "You two go on down."

Croagunk looked up from his Swap Cauldron as Team Pokepals approached. Loudred and Diglett ran over to join them. "Hey, GANG!!!" Loudred roared. Everyone cringed at the noise.

"You're needed in Wigglytuff's chamber," Diglett glared up at Loudred. "And do you have to be so loud?"

"I can't HELP IT!!!" Loudred bellowed. "I have HIGHLY DEVELOPED VOCAL CORDS!!!!!!!!"

"Meh heh heh," Croagunk chuckled. "It takes a few years, don't worry. Your ears will adjust to his yelling eventually."

Team Pokepals pushed open the door into Wigglytuff's room. The large pink Guildmaster whirled around to face his apprentices. He was accompanied by his right hand man, Chatot, and someone else. A large, four-legged purple Pokemon stood beside Wigglytuff. Perhaps this was the source of the strange scent that had been wafting through the Guild...

"Skuntank!!!" Piplup and Chimchar's eyes lit up as they ran to their old friend. They latched onto his legs and hugged him tight.

"Chaw haw haw," Skuntank chortled. "Get off of me, get off!"

The duo let go and stepped back, smiles still stretching across their faces. "Where have you been?" Piplup wondered. "I've been worried about you and the rest of Team Skull."

"We haven't seen you since Brine Cave," Chimchar remembered. "That's when we met Lapras and went to the Hidden Land."

"I've heard plenty about what you two have been up to," Skuntank grinned. "Sounds like you've been doing fine without me."

Piplup laughed. He could still remember his first meetings with Team Skull. They had been thieves back then, always causing trouble for Team Pokepals. Zubat and Koffing, Skuntank's teammates, had stolen Chimchar's treasured Relic Fragment, his personal treasure. It had taken quite a while to make peace between the teams, but it had been achieved. "It's still good to have you back."

"Enough chatter!" Chatot squacked angrily. He flapped his wings rapidly in frustration. "Guildmaster, this isn't the only reason we called them down, you know."

"I know," Wigglytuff laughed mightily. "But they just got back together! They deserved some time to themselves."

Chatot sighed and shook his head. "Guildmaster, sometimes I-"

Wigglytuff cut him off and slapped his old friend on the back. "Come on, Chatot, ya big meany. Have a heart!"

Chatot couldn't help but smile. He'd known Wigglytuff almost his whole life, and he always knew what he was going to say next. "Well, they still have other business to attend to."

Skuntank waved his paw dismissively towards Piplup and Chimchar. "Go ahead, you two. I'm just a washed up old bandit who no one cares about."

Chimchar beamed. "No you aren't, and you know it." He turned to Chatot. "What do you have for us?"

"Lapras was wanting to see you," Chatot replied. "He's waiting at the beach."

"I guess we're off, then," Piplup decided immediately. "Skuntank, I'm so glad you're back."

"Chaw haw haw," Skuntank laughed. "It's good to be back. By the way, Zubat and Koffing are out around town somewhere. Tell them that I'm here at the Guild if you see them."

"We will," Chimchar waved farewell as he and Piplup climbed back up the ladder and out of the Guild.

"Lapras!" Chimchar ran up to the sea-monster like Pokemon sitting on the sand. Piplup was right on his heels. "What's wrong?"

'Probably plenty,' Piplup thought to himself. 'It wouldn't be like Lapras to call us for anything small.'

"I don't know what it is," Lapras was grim. Things had to be bad. "But I've been getting sensations. Strange sensations."

Piplup looked around wearily. Things were getting strange. The air seemed to shimmer and buzz around him. Suddenly, the beach disappeared. Chimchar and Lapras were gone, too. All was black. 'The Dimensional Scream,' Piplup realized. 'But, this is different. I have to be touching something for the Scream to activate."His head rang and his thoughts were fuzzy. He saw an enormous dragon-like Pokemon looming before him. There were a few blue flashes, than a tremendous explosion of darkness. Then, all was black once again.

"Piplup! You're waking up!"

"Urghh," Piplup groaned as he sat up. "What happened?"

"It was the Dimensional Scream," Lapras explained. "You were having one of your visions."

"Oh yeah," Piplup shook his head vigourosly to snap himself awake. He rose shakilly to his feet. "I can't remember what I saw, though. I just remember the darkness."

"Something is very wrong here," Lapras looked around. The air seemed to tremor and pulse. A few small breezes whipped up.

"Wh-what's happening?" Chimchar shuddered. He stepped up by Piplup, comforted by the presence of his best friend.

"I don't know," Piplup answered. "But if I've learned one thing from our adventures, I'd have to say that it's related to time."

As soon as the words were out of Piplup's mouth, the sky ripped open. Blue pulses rocked the beach. "Take cover!" Lapras took charge.

There was no time. Something resembling a pink comet shot out of the center of the rift. It crashed into the beach in an explosion of sand. Piplup and Chimchar lifted up their arms to shield their faces. After a few long minutes, the sand and smoke settled. "What was that?" Chimchar wondered aloud.

"Let's find out." Piplup stepped up to the crater and looked in. He gasped.

"What is it? What? What?" Chimchar hurried up to see for himself. There, lying in the center of the crater, was a small, rosey pink figure.

Piplup finally managed to get the words out. "Celebi!!!"

To be continued...
AezileJul 23, 2009 9:10 AM

-- I'm looking for "The One" and I'll find her more quickly if I audition two at a time. Think you can do better? --
-- The World God Only Knows -- Toaru Majutsu no Index -- Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai --
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» For Those Who Don't Believe in God (Part 3 posted)

FALLEN101 - Sep 14, 2009

6 by FALLEN101 »»
Nov 4, 2010 9:18 AM

» Practicing Roleplaying, Feedback is welcome.

BlackOperations - May 5, 2010

1 by BlackOperations »»
May 5, 2010 8:27 PM

» Gekokujou~

annabloem - Apr 8, 2010

1 by georgi »»
Apr 9, 2010 6:33 PM

» Define 'Criminal' (3rd Chapter Up)

FALLEN101 - Feb 17, 2010

7 by georgi »»
Apr 9, 2010 3:37 PM

» Member cards ( 1 2 )

BlazingDevil - Jul 19, 2009

87 by Kanra_Orihara »»
Apr 8, 2010 7:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.