Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 21, 2009 2:24 PM

Dec 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
lol now water can't really save him this time.

and on the next episode it appears as though shampoo is challenging akane. sounds like fun.
Nov 1, 2010 1:24 PM

Mar 2010
ranma and his changing ablility sure makes things fun amazon chick wonder what will happen

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jan 22, 2011 5:54 AM

Sep 2008
I'm in the middle of episode 15 right after Akane plummels the "Ranma Dummy" and starts thinking about their engagement. Then a short flashback comes up of Ranma defending Akane saying "Akane is my fiance, you touch her and i'll kill you". I have not seen this scene in previous episodes...did i miss somthing? Please help ; ;
Oct 20, 2011 2:43 PM

Apr 2010
CptObviou77 said:
I'm in the middle of episode 15 right after Akane plummels the "Ranma Dummy" and starts thinking about their engagement. Then a short flashback comes up of Ranma defending Akane saying "Akane is my fiance, you touch her and i'll kill you". I have not seen this scene in previous episodes...did i miss somthing? Please help ; ;

Yea, i've noticed that too!! it's actually a scene from season 2 episode1.... but ranma did say something about being akane's fiance, somewhere between episode 4-14..
Oct 25, 2011 11:51 PM

Dec 2009
This is one of my favorite episodes from season 1.

Nov 24, 2011 5:03 PM
Apr 2008
its strange that akane seems to be remembering something that didn't happened (yet) but this might be just a plot error, or this episode was supposed to air after all that Ice-skating themed episodes of season 2... since shampoo does not appear in these ice-skating episodes...

..or akane can see the future >.< lol
Sep 13, 2012 9:29 PM
Oct 2011
the flashback actually toke place earlier in the manga, and the story arc it was on was originally going to be released before the Shampoo arc. However the show was lagging in the ratings so they introduced shampoo earlier in an attempt to increase the ratings hence the weird continuity
Jun 10, 2013 8:05 AM

Oct 2012
xxbluebirdxx said:
CptObviou77 said:

Yea, i've noticed that too!! it's actually a scene from season 2 episode1.... but ranma did say something about being akane's fiance, somewhere between episode 4-14..

I thought the same. So they messed up after all. Originally there was ice-skating tournament before Shampoo arived and this is where that happened.

Anyway, those multiple changes were marvelous!
Jan 20, 2014 8:55 PM
Sep 2013
This is the epitome of a good episode
Feb 14, 2014 6:29 PM
Dec 2013
I seriously can't stand shampoo.
Apr 22, 2014 7:13 AM

Jul 2012
Finally Shampoo is here, she's one of my two favorite girls along with

Looking forward to the next episodes.
"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34
Sep 7, 2015 1:21 PM

Aug 2012
Nabiki... that slut
Feb 17, 2017 2:32 PM

Feb 2013
Lol, Shampoo wants to kill girl Ranma and marry boy Ranma.
Nabiki and her blackmailing are funny.
May 24, 2017 4:35 PM

Feb 2016
Ryoga though... -_- i just can't understand why in the hell Ranma hasn't blown his cover off...damn pigi-chan
Jun 6, 2017 7:59 AM
Jul 2016
Shampoo and ukyo two of my favourite girls
Jul 21, 2017 10:07 PM
Jul 2017
I was confused about the flashback too. Then I remembered there are Ranma 1/2 movies that go along with the seasons. Im pretty sure that quote is from movie 1 Big trouble in Nekonron China.
Aug 1, 2017 8:31 AM
Apr 2014
Lol my thoughts exactly. I thought I misread the episode number.
Ukyo best girl!
Mar 16, 2021 8:54 PM

Aug 2017
Shampoo is so adorable... I'd give her an opportunity.
May 25, 2021 2:37 AM

Apr 2013
Glad I was not the only one confused about that flashback, especially since I remember seeing that episodes some years ago and thought I had skipped something lol

Best girl enters the frame, I hope she can counter the constant annoyance that is Ryoga... Ranma not bailing on him after this episode is the weakest point of this show.
Jul 21, 2021 1:34 AM

Jun 2021
so... everyone was confused for that weird flashback.

Great episode, of course. Ranma training dummy was funny as hell, and Soun final speech about the madness arrived in his house along with the Saotomes was great too... he laughs but become depressed at the very end because he already realized that his house is going to be wrecked almost every episode and there are no students in his dojo able to pay him (seriosly, how can he find money for repairing everything?)
Apr 9, 2022 4:15 AM

Jan 2018
The new ED isn’t bad but I miss ED1. Should've stayed on more episodes.

Calling it now, Shampoo best girl.
Her design is like the mix of Lum and Oyuki and her character is similar to Lum. The way she calls Ranma is also a lot like Lum. I love this.

Boy the confusing continuity is going to bug me a lot.
Jun 6, 2022 11:03 PM

Jan 2020
While I'm very confused about the continuity and thought I had skipped something, Shampoo is very adorable
Jun 22, 2023 8:18 PM

Aug 2011
Shampoo is soo cute!! 我愛你Shampoo!
Jan 7, 7:00 AM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Now the weird order of the blurays makes sense, and I’m glad I wasn’t the only one confused by that flashback scene. So that means they already had those episodes made but ended up releasing these ones earlier, and the reason was because Shampoo might increase the ratings of the show (if that one post in this thread is the truth), that’s cool to know and it makes me forgive Viz for changing the order, I just wish they would have included a pamphlet or something with the release showing the broadcast order and where they moved things so it’s more clear lol.

All that aside tho, I really am a fan of Shampoo, I agree with one of the posts above mine saying that she’s similar to Lum, you have a very similar dynamic here with Ranma resisting Shampoo’s unrequited love, and you also have the fact she wants to kill the female version of Ranna which adds an extra layer of fun. I also like that Shampoo is Chinese, I’ve actually seen a Chinese anime myself so I immediately recognized the language difference (Chinese and Japanese sound very different after all), not sure if her Chinese is good or not tho lol, it sounds good to me but I’m not someone that speaks the language to know how accurate it is. I also wonder what the significance behind her name being Shampoo is, it’s kinda funny because of what it means but it is a name that sticks with you, I like it but just curious lol.

And lastly that final scene of Ranma going back and forth between male and female as he was being chased by Shampoo was hilarious, that’s gotta feel really weird but I’m sure Ranma is used to it somewhat by now lol.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ranma ½ Episode 49 Discussion

enkil - Aug 7, 2009

22 by TheColonel76 »»
Yesterday, 7:07 PM

Poll: » Ranma ½ Episode 48 Discussion

enkil - Aug 6, 2009

5 by TheColonel76 »»
Yesterday, 6:22 PM

Poll: » Ranma ½ Episode 95 Discussion

Fake_Williams - May 9, 2016

7 by uridon »»
Apr 17, 5:54 PM

Poll: » Ranma ½ Episode 96 Discussion

Seabury - Jun 23, 2011

6 by uridon »»
Apr 17, 5:53 PM

Poll: » Ranma ½ Episode 98 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Mar 3, 2017

3 by uridon »»
Apr 17, 5:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.