3It was OK
13.3%
2Disliked it
0.0%
1Hated it
0.0%
Average 4.4
15 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 21, 2009 3:33 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Another challenge for Cao Cao.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jul 21, 2009 7:38 AM
Apr 2009
By far the best series airing at the moment. Every episode adds to the awesomeness, this one being no exception.
Jul 21, 2009 5:12 PM

Feb 2009
Damn, I love this show. x)

Still, wtf was that introduction of Lu Bu? Did this just turn into Dynasty Warriors?
Jul 21, 2009 9:57 PM

Aug 2008
There was a lot of randomness going on in this episode that I didn't bother to try and understand. Like Lu Bu appearing with static electricity, killing his master, and promptly disappearing, and that one guy who got stabbed right before Zhang Rang fled with the emperor, or why what's his name let Cao Cao go. I'm still very unsure as to who the other 2 dragons are specifically, since I've pretty much thought about 5 people were the other 2...but maybe those are rotating spots. I don't know.

Cao Cao is still as fabulous as ever though.
Jul 22, 2009 2:29 AM

Jul 2008
FUUUUUUUUUU, Lu Bu has arrived. Shit is about to hit the fan.
Jul 22, 2009 4:50 AM

Apr 2008
noteDhero said:
There was a lot of randomness going on in this episode that I didn't bother to try and understand. Like Lu Bu appearing with static electricity, killing his master, and promptly disappearing

Lu Bu is supposed to be the strongest warriors of all, and considering how everything in this show is as badass as it gets, it's no surprise that he made his entry with a huge explosion. I agree though that this scene was very confusing for someone who isn't familiar with the story. In the Romance of the 3 Kingdoms it's like this: Ding Yuan was Lu Bu's foster father, but Dong Zhuo bribed Lu Bu to kill Ding Yuan and serve him instead. Here it pretty much happened all at the same time.

noteDhero said:
and that one guy who got stabbed right before Zhang Rang fled with the emperor

That was He Jin. He was the brother of the Empress and tried to get rid of the eunuchs, so they killed him instead.

noteDhero said:
or why what's his name let Cao Cao go.

I guess Dong Zhuo wants a challenge or something like that. It was quite different in Romance of the 3 Kingdoms - Cao Cao wanted to assassinate Dong Zhuo with a sword, but Lu Bu noticed, so Cao Cao made up an excuse and presented the sword to Dong Zhuo as a gift.

noteDhero said:
I'm still very unsure as to who the other 2 dragons are specifically, since I've pretty much thought about 5 people were the other 2...but maybe those are rotating spots. I don't know.

I'll put this in spoiler tags, just in case:

Jul 22, 2009 7:03 AM

Jun 2008
Lu Bu entrance was weird.
Jul 22, 2009 9:13 AM

Feb 2008
kie_ said:
Lu Bu entrance was weird.

Everything about him was weird.

I love how Cao Cao keeps making fun of Yuan Shao.
Jul 23, 2009 9:12 AM

Oct 2007
"It is not my desire, it is heaven's will."
LOL WTF Cao Cao, did you just interpret yourself as heaven yourself?

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Jul 25, 2009 4:04 PM

May 2008
The story really picked up in the last 3 episodes, after a relatively slow start. It's now probably my favourite show this season, but i do have one major gripe.

The way they animated Liu Bei(with the Buddha ears, i mean, cmon!), and his personality. It's just wayyy too dopey, i don't see any redeeming qualities at all.

Aug 7, 2009 10:56 PM

Oct 2008
Kind of disapointing that Cao Cao wasn't the one who ended up killing Zhang Rang after all that went on between them. Still nice to see him get what he deserves though.
Aug 10, 2009 5:33 AM

Apr 2008
Lu Bu's electricity around him was definitely unwanted in this show. I hope we won't have more of that.
Sep 8, 2009 4:51 PM

Jun 2008
noteDhero said:
There was a lot of randomness going on in this episode that I didn't bother to try and understand. Like Lu Bu appearing with static electricity, killing his master, and promptly disappearing, and that one guy who got stabbed right before Zhang Rang fled with the emperor, or why what's his name let Cao Cao go. I'm still very unsure as to who the other 2 dragons are specifically, since I've pretty much thought about 5 people were the other 2...but maybe those are rotating spots. I don't know.

Cao Cao is still as fabulous as ever though.

Yeah i didn't understand what happened with Lu Bu there ether.
We finally got to see Zhang Rang dying like a little bitch. Dong Zhuo certainly didn't go easy on him so who cares who killed him. It didn't seem like Cao Cao had a problem with it.
So now in the next episodes we will have Cao Cao against Dong Zhuo. That will be intense since Dong Zhuo doesn't seem to be a push over.
Aug 6, 2011 8:28 PM

Apr 2009
Thank the gods Zhang Rang is gone! Liu Xie actually looks better than Liu Bian though he was more a puppet ruler than Liu Bian when he was put in the throne.

What's up with Lu Bu and his electric entrance (literally) and how can I forget, the dreadlocks? Ah whatever...
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jun 20, 2012 1:55 PM

Apr 2010
just speculation, but i'm under the impression that the reason for Lubu's 'electricity adorning his armor was to show off his status as THE strongest warrior in all of China; it could also be a tribute to its popular video game franchise, Dynasty Warriors, of which Lubu always appeared with similar effects which contributed towards his intimidating physique and reputation.

so no, i believe the animation of electricity shooting off his armor isn't to be taken literally as if he had the ability to fire bolts of lightning, but rather to convey the thought of Lubu's superiority, or at least that's my take on the matter.
Mar 21, 2016 7:57 AM

Sep 2015
Lu Bu's entrance was as ridiculous and overdone as I hoped it would be. I'd expect no less for him. They captured the embellished stories of him perfectly.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Aug 7, 2022 8:25 AM

Feb 2018
Finally Rang payed.. Dong Zhuo is a monster but so was Lu Bu. Curious to see as how Cao will turn the tables!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Souten Kouro Episode 1 Discussion

id - Apr 7, 2009

45 by Aldones »»
Jun 19, 2023 5:02 AM

Poll: » Souten Kouro Episode 2 Discussion

japanme32 - Apr 16, 2009

22 by CaptainKenshiro »»
Aug 31, 2022 3:30 PM

Poll: » Souten Kouro Episode 26 Discussion

Dunky - Dec 28, 2011

11 by Kap92 »»
Aug 7, 2022 8:31 AM

Poll: » Souten Kouro Episode 25 Discussion

Nayah - Dec 17, 2011

3 by Kap92 »»
Aug 7, 2022 8:31 AM

Poll: » Souten Kouro Episode 24 Discussion

tofei - Dec 14, 2011

1 by Kap92 »»
Aug 7, 2022 8:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.