Forum Settings
Forums

Yamamoto Yutaka Apologizes For Haruhi 2 Endless Eight Arc [Updated]

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Jul 21, 2009 5:26 AM

Sep 2008
Credulous said:
The funny thing about this is that when this worthless arc in Haruhi 2 is over every single fanboy will turn their frown upside down, forget about the failed attempt at originality and rate this abomination of an anime 10 anyway.

No one will forget the Endless Eight arc... it has already left it's mark on the world and will be forever remembered in anime history.

Yamakan can say w/e he wants about Haruhi... it's not his problem anymore. It's like a big F**K YOU to his former employer.
Jul 21, 2009 5:53 AM

Jul 2008
Wait. So he apologized for something he wasn't involved in?
Jul 21, 2009 5:56 AM

Nov 2007
GarLogan78 said:

yep
Jul 21, 2009 6:03 AM

Jul 2008
That seems stupid.
Jul 21, 2009 6:55 AM

Aug 2008
Veru said:
GarLogan78 said:

yep
GarLogan78 said:
That seems stupid.

He said he knew the repetitive direction of the arc more than one year ago and he was against the idea.
It's hard to read isn't it? He was involved in production of haruhi before he left kyoani. Well, it's not his fault anyway.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Jul 21, 2009 7:24 AM

Jan 2009
I dont even know what he's talking about.
Jul 21, 2009 7:54 AM

Nov 2007
Please rage more :(

I like it
Jul 21, 2009 8:07 AM

Feb 2008
To me, this "apology" feels like a childish attempt of "I TOLD YOU SO" moment.
Jul 21, 2009 8:08 AM

Oct 2008
dtshyk said:
Updated 2
Kyoto Animation replied to J-Cast's question that Yamamoto Yutaka has nothing to do with the company at all.

Nice one KyoAni!!!^^

Obviously, he has nothing to do with their company and thus, it was very strange of him to apologize on KyoAni's behalf. Then, he realized he said something strangely wrong and thus, he tried to correct it as "on behalf of the former SOS Brigade" which is more wrong as that he is not a member of the SOS Brigade during any one time at all. The SOS Brigade only consist of Haruhi, Kyon, Nagto, Mikuru, and Koizumi.
Jul 21, 2009 8:27 AM

Nov 2007
Yeah the SOS Brigade has to deal with the Endless Eight they dont give a damn about Yamomota or whoever
Jul 21, 2009 10:01 AM

Aug 2008
I heard its gonna end on next episode? Lets hope its true. Seriously doing 8 near-duplicate episode is stupid and pointless, what are they trying at? Testing our patience? This is madness!
Jul 21, 2009 10:13 AM

Nov 2008
XydenicWings said:
I heard its gonna end on next episode? Lets hope its true. Seriously doing 8 near-duplicate episode is stupid and pointless, what are they trying at? Testing our patience? This is madness!

THIS
IS
SPARTAAAAAAA
Jul 21, 2009 10:15 AM

Apr 2008
In related news, the absence of “Disappearance” from the airing of the “new season” is all but confirmed, and the Endless Eight DVDs will retail as normal DVDs, meaning they will be $70 for two episodes…

LOL, that is the funniest thing i've ever read.

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2009/07/22/kyoani-responds-to-endless-eight-fiasco/#comment-232178

I wonder what idiots are still going to buy 3 Volumes of dvds with identical episodes.
Jul 21, 2009 10:41 AM

Jan 2009
Loverhina said:
In related news, the absence of “Disappearance” from the airing of the “new season” is all but confirmed, and the Endless Eight DVDs will retail as normal DVDs, meaning they will be $70 for two episodes…

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2009/07/22/kyoani-responds-to-endless-eight-fiasco/#comment-232178

I wonder what idiots are still going to buy 3 Volumes of dvds with identical episodes.

i can probably name at least 1400 people (the people that have voted Haruhi s2 10/10)
Jul 21, 2009 12:20 PM

Aug 2007
When half of a season is the same episode over and over, the chances of it being saved are pretty low. Even if the last few episodes prove to be good. The damage is done.

The fact that they were discussing this abomination A YEAR AGO, and decided to go through with it in the end anyway is a complete joke. They've taken a successful franchise, and not quite destroyed it, but have certainly decreased its worth. Sure some fans will buy all the merchandise they can get their hands on anyway, but on the other side of things they've lost a sizeable chunk of those fans.

Why would anyone want to lower their profits? Well, I guess they're slowly trying to go out of business or something. It boggles the mind.
Jul 21, 2009 12:23 PM

Dec 2007
UnknownFact said:
lol.
how ridiculous.
this is going to make history in the anime industry.
and knowing there's still 2 more episodes to go :S:S:S

If you think there will be 8 endless eight episodes, then there are 3 more episodes to go.
Jul 21, 2009 2:44 PM

Mar 2009
KyoAni lol'd, Haruhi fans got told.

damn...

Jul 21, 2009 4:02 PM

Jul 2008
Loverhina said:

I voted this show 10/10 because I have hopes for The Disappearances .

But As for Now I will Never Buy Endless Eights DVD!

A message to Kyoani and Kadokawa.

-Why are you hurting your popular Anime Show.

If were not getting our Disappearances then Haruhi Fans will Start forming Angry Mobs in your Studio.

- If they keep this up, then, Haruhiism will fall.

I hope in the Future, that J.C. Staff or another animation studio will remake haruhi again.
Jul 21, 2009 4:15 PM

Jan 2009
Sealkid said:
Loverhina said:

the only possible reason you'd vote this show 10/10 is because you're a Haruhi fanboy.. no other reason.. nothing... don't even try to provide a legitimate reason for it.. (btw rating "in hopes of the future" is one of the most ridiculous concepts i have ever heard of)
Jul 21, 2009 4:16 PM

Aug 2008
Kira01 said:
"on behalf of the former SOS Brigade" which is more wrong as that he is not a member of the SOS Brigade during any one time at all. The SOS Brigade only consist of Haruhi, Kyon, Nagto, Mikuru, and Koizumi.

"on behalf of SOS-dan production committee"
and
"as a former member of SOS-dan"
Hmm... so you didn't know he's one of the anime characters?

And kyoani reply... wow, how taunting. Nothing at all, maybe because he's no longer working for them...

Well, enjoy your crappy show.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Jul 22, 2009 4:57 AM

Jan 2008
shinigamidono said:
Sealkid said:
Loverhina said:

the only possible reason you'd vote this show 10/10 is because you're a Haruhi fanboy.. no other reason.. nothing... don't even try to provide a legitimate reason for it.. (btw rating "in hopes of the future" is one of the most ridiculous concepts i have ever heard of)

Absolutely quoted.
Jul 22, 2009 6:45 AM

Feb 2009
On behalf of KyoAni I apologize for this worthless piece of "entertainment".
Jul 22, 2009 7:41 AM

Jul 2007
I would like to feel better. I mean that's really nice of him. I guess. It kind of feels like we have another one on our side. Ahaha.
Jul 22, 2009 10:47 AM

Sep 2008
Katbot said:
I would like to feel better. I mean that's really nice of him. I guess. It kind of feels like we have another one on our side. Ahaha.

The most imprtant to have on our side as well

But honestly I feel these episodes are really trying to kill the series (not that it ever could). No matter how enjoyable it could be to watch the same episode again therein lies the problem... WE ARE WATCHING THE SAME EPISODE AGAIN!!!

I was looking forward to these 14(?) new episodes in this rerun to be fresh new and exciting like the previous series, so to cut it down to essentially 9(?) new episodes is disappointing.

As much as i try to enjoy it, it's disappointing.

"I thought what I'd do was I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes"
Catcher in the Rye/Ghost in the Shell

My clubcard
Jul 22, 2009 2:49 PM

Aug 2008
I bet KyoAni did this for the lulz. They wanted to set a world record for the most duplicated episodes done. Or perhaps they are drunk all the time when they are producing this.
Jul 22, 2009 5:32 PM

Aug 2007
Just face it. Kadokawa and Kyoani gave the ultimate troll. They probably thought "Fine let's just give them this and they'll shut the fuck up desu" while they're sitting on their piles of money from Haruhi merchandise. Oh well, I like Haruhi and I'm quite disappointed by no Disappearance this season but this whole Endless Eight nonsense doesn't make me angry anymore. It's quite humorous actually.
Jul 22, 2009 6:38 PM

Jul 2008
XydenicWings said:
I bet KyoAni did this for the lulz. They wanted to set a world record for the most duplicated episodes done. Or perhaps they are drunk all the time when they are producing this.

Probably both. They wanted to set a record while they were drunk and also high. XD
Jul 23, 2009 10:33 PM

Nov 2007
Riight. I hope they know they are losing ratings like this.

Jul 24, 2009 4:32 AM
Dec 2007
^ They know...

They're probably pissed off at all the fan mail they received after the first season. lol
Jul 24, 2009 3:09 PM

Apr 2009
Lol, they gonna make over 9000 episodes...
Dieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Jul 25, 2009 7:26 AM
Nov 2008
Lvhina said:

After many years it will be priceless to have original DVDs of one of the biggest failures in anime history :D (anyway, I dont know very well anime history so I dont have clue about other fails ;) )
Jul 25, 2009 7:27 AM

Sep 2008
Do you think they would make all 15 something thousand episodes?
Because it seems possible :P

My clubcard
Jul 25, 2009 8:10 AM

May 2007
I gave the first season a 10, I really liked it, the first new episode was good, but damn it why can't Haruhi just be done normally, why is there always some shit, why can't Kadokawa/ Kyo Ani just yet the show run on it's own merits, it could do it and there would be nowhere near the hate.

Is it so wrong to want a sequel, Sunrise isn't going to pull this with Inuyasha, why do we Haruhi fans have to suffer?

And where the hell is a new Full Metal Panic, since your not doing Haruhi anymore they might as well do FMP, and not another stupid Key title.
My anime list
Jul 25, 2009 9:38 AM

Jul 2007
mitamaking said:
I gave the first season a 10, I really liked it, the first new episode was good, but damn it why can't Haruhi just be done normally, why is there always some shit, why can't Kadokawa/ Kyo Ani just yet the show run on it's own merits, it could do it and there would be nowhere near the hate.

this is the answer
Jul 25, 2009 4:26 PM

Jul 2008
While he was apologizing he was probably thinking, "Haha, I trolled all you scrubs." I would like to know what the motivation was in actually following the direction that the decision makers decided to take.
Jul 25, 2009 4:38 PM
Dec 2007
yakyuu-addict said:
While he was apologizing he was probably thinking, "Haha, I trolled all you scrubs." I would like to know what the motivation was in actually following the direction that the decision makers decided to take.
It was more like: "This will totally fuel more hate toward KyoAni hahahahahahahaha *clears throat and fixes tie*"

It was a perfect way to poke a little revenge-fueled at the company that pretty much fired him.

Also, I guess KyoAni does not cares one bit about the fact some people caught up on them being total trolls, since they know the Harutards will buy anything with Haruhi in the cover.

Jul 25, 2009 6:43 PM

Jun 2009
I was gona watch Haruhi S2 then I heard all about this and thought: ಠ_ಠ

Jul 25, 2009 7:00 PM
Feb 2009
Apologies won't satisfy fans.
>.<

Wait, correction. Perhaps I should also say FORMER FANS cause I'm sure people have turned their backs on TMOHS 2 cause of Endless Eight.
Jul 25, 2009 10:43 PM

Jun 2009
I'm probably one of the few people that is actually enjoying the Endless Eight story arc.

Anime List / Manga List

Jul 26, 2009 6:52 AM

Sep 2008
personamorpher said:
I'm probably one of the few people that is actually enjoying the Endless Eight story arc.

how? HOW?

My clubcard
Jul 26, 2009 5:14 PM

Jun 2009
I like all the little difference between episodes. It's the same experience, but a little different every time. It's like returning to your favorite coffee shop after they've done a small renovation and noticing all the small little changes while also noticing the things that are still the same.

I also like that it's different. Too many anime follow a formula and to me they often begin to look and feel like the same anime after a while. It's nice to see a studio that likes to try something new once and a while instead of just doing more of the same because it was successful the first time. I know this arc isn't going to last forever so I might as well sit back and relax and enjoy it while it's here.

It's not like the studio is just reusing the same animation over and over as well. Each episode is redrawn in it's entirety. They put a lot of effort into this. There are those of us that can see and understand what they were trying to do with this arc and because of that we've been able to sit back and enjoy it. Not everyone sees the same things that everyone else does. Everyone has their own perspective and understands things in their own way, so it's a given that not everyone is going to enjoy it. That's just human nature.

In the meantime i'm going to continue to watch the series and see how this arc is resolved and what comes after it.

Anime List / Manga List

Jul 26, 2009 8:39 PM
Dec 2007
I just confirmed people sometimes can be entertained by so little. Go ahead KyoANi, make 12 episodes of the same thing. You only have to change the scenes around a little and change their clothes, they will eat it up anyway. Perfect way of making a season without straining their brains coming up with different ideas.

Jul 27, 2009 12:17 AM

Nov 2007
I like how the people rage about the Endless Eight arc, yet don´t even have the right to do so when they´re not even buy this shit, just downloading from the net.
Jul 27, 2009 2:09 AM
Dec 2008
Veru said:
I like how the people rage about the Endless Eight arc, yet don´t even have the right to do so when they´re not even buy this shit, just downloading from the net.
There's no point on spending money on a dvd set that has the same episode over and over. Anyone who buys this without knowing about endless eight before hand is going to be REALLY upset.
Jul 27, 2009 2:21 AM

Jun 2009
Leon-Gun said:
I just confirmed people sometimes can be entertained by so little. Go ahead KyoANi, make 12 episodes of the same thing. You only have to change the scenes around a little and change their clothes, they will eat it up anyway. Perfect way of making a season without straining their brains coming up with different ideas.

You make it sound like I'm an idiot with a childlike mind for liking the Endless Eight arc. Different people like different things. So I see something here that you don't and I get enjoyment from it. There's no need to imply that I'm less a person than everyone who is jumping on the hate wagon. All I did was state that I enjoy something that others don't.

I could have let myself get upset like everyone else, but I decided to sit back and see where they were going with this arc and found that I actually enjoyed it. Maybe I'm different than the rest of the crowd. Maybe I'm have a different perspective on things. I don't think that means I deserve to be called stupid.

KyoAni tried something different. Some of us liked it and some of us didn't.

Anime List / Manga List

Jul 27, 2009 4:34 AM

Feb 2009
sorry did you say something? all i heard was endless eight
My pokemon bring all the boys to the yard...
Jul 27, 2009 9:49 AM

Nov 2007
lol oh once this is over the review section shall be interesting to read (I myself will have to contribute)
Jul 27, 2009 10:14 AM

Apr 2008
Is this a masterful troll, with some hidden meaning to it?
because I can honestly not think of any other explanation.
Jul 27, 2009 1:02 PM

Jul 2007
Veru said:

It is anime like the Endless Eight arc which legitimize fansubbing, because no one in their right mind should have to spend money on the same episode more than six times over.

To quote Random Curiosity: "We could have covered a whole novel by now, but now, more Endless Eight."
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Jul 27, 2009 1:29 PM

Sep 2008
personamorpher said:
I like all the little difference between episodes. It's the same experience, but a little different every time. It's like returning to your favorite coffee shop after they've done a small renovation and noticing all the small little changes while also noticing the things that are still the same.

I also like that it's different. Too many anime follow a formula and to me they often begin to look and feel like the same anime after a while...

In the meantime i'm going to continue to watch the series and see how this arc is resolved and what comes after it.

I get that but it's tiring that after waiting so long to see one of my fave animes and see what original thing that they would do each and every episode to find most are just the same. Sure it's nice to see them again with slight differences but the jokes and enjoyment die after seeing them too much.
If you could watch this kind of slight variations on one episode for a whole season, would you?
I was looking forward to new adventures and antics but the episodes just don't change enough.

My clubcard
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» 'Look Back' Unveils Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

22 by ZXEAN »»
3 hours ago

» 'Isekai Shikkaku' Reveals Supporting Cast Pair

Hyperion_PS - Today

1 by seweholmes »»
5 hours ago

» Musician wowaka Dies

Sakana-san - Apr 9, 2019

34 by Oshieteoshiete4 »»
7 hours ago

» 'T.P BON' Reveals Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - 8 hours ago

0 by DatRandomDude »»
8 hours ago

» Manga 'Medalist' Gets TV Anime ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - May 17, 2023

55 by Adizcool »»
Today, 5:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.