Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 24, 2009 7:55 AM

Nov 2008
noteDhero said:
Whoa. Whoa. Whoa.
Exactly how old are Maximilian and Selvaria?
They talked about him as though he is this young guy, but there is clearly a large gap between his and Selvaria's ages...and Selvaria has to be at least 18 (though before this I though she was in her late 20s to early 30s). That's not how I thought the gap would go.

Besides that, I liked the episode a little, even though it was quite slow and full of cliches.

Selvie is 22, Max is 29. At least, that's the way it is in the game.

Annisa said:

3. Whatever they're doing with Isara's personality, I like. I love her scenes!

Yes! She's so cute :3
Jul 24, 2009 9:05 AM

May 2009
Romance in my war anime?
As of right now im sorta fine with it. Im only watching this for more Selvaria.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 24, 2009 8:27 PM

May 2009
Romance is awesome. =| Heartless foo's!

And Ramal is so adorable~! I "Kyaa!" 'd.

Jul 25, 2009 7:50 AM

May 2008
Welkin, you are so stupid, I can't believe...
Jul 25, 2009 4:15 PM

Oct 2008
welkin2wimpy

Jul 25, 2009 4:18 PM

Jan 2009
Wow, I just found out my favorite game has a show...
Jul 25, 2009 5:23 PM
Apr 2008
Nexasblade said:
Wow, I just found out my favorite game has a show...

Its not as good or any close to it though ;)
Its an alright anime, but compared to the greatness of the game, its not so great after all.
Jul 25, 2009 6:01 PM

Jan 2008
what Welkin said was absolutely right. He can not and he should not interfere. It's unfair that he shall decide for Alicia just because she is too much of a coward to clear her relationship with Faldio first.

decent episode btw. I liked the scene at the end. "Tadaima"

and also this:
Welkin is not stupid at all , he jsut treasures friendship as mch as love

what's the problem with that?
he would be a total asshole, if he betrays his friend now and go after Alicia
PerplexJul 25, 2009 6:40 PM
Jul 25, 2009 11:00 PM

Nov 2007
Welkin ... what have you done =/? I don't think a rift between them is the way to go, we haven't had any action for awhile but I guess drama is good too, more selvaria >=O
Jul 26, 2009 8:40 AM

Jun 2008
We need more battles, not some stupid romance dramas....
Jul 26, 2009 11:54 PM

Jul 2008
even in wartime, love is a difficult thing, too bad for alicia welkin isn't too honesty with his feelings
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Jul 29, 2009 1:06 AM
Nov 2008
GAH...ARGH!!!...Welkin no BAKA!
Ok so..don't have a problem with faldio [ sakurai takahiro :X ] he is nice guy..cool,sexy etc..BUT...Welkin should fight for his woman!argh..he loves Alicia...and he just...gives her away......what an idiot..
Also..i so like Isara and Ramal couple..they were so cute
Jul 29, 2009 6:01 AM

Feb 2008
*Thumbs up*

I liked this one, since it concentrates again on the character relationships. Personally I dont need explosions all the time to enjoy a show. :P

CurseDestiny said:
O1av said:
There is the possibility that Faldio is not truly interested in Alicia, but is just trying to speed up things between her and Welkin. It might be the only way to make Welkin
realize his feelings for Alicia.

Doing something like that during war time seems wrong somehow. Might get you killed, although Welkin is cruising for a bruising right now.

During war you need more soldiers => AliciaX"some male" could be beneficial even in times of war. ^^

CkretAznMan said:
It's pairings night everyone! Be quick to grab a partner now...

*FTGT grabs Isara and leaves the thread*
Jul 30, 2009 6:56 AM

Jul 2008
What's up with you, Welkin? You were so close, you even shared the tears of Largo. Give Alicia what she wants.
Jul 30, 2009 10:47 AM

Aug 2007
I was really frustrated with Welkin this episode. Is he an idiot or what? He needs to man it up. I know he's thinking about his friendship...But honestly, he needs to take initiative. Alicia practically confessed to him.

Seems like we're going back to some action next episode, can't wait!
Jul 30, 2009 10:54 AM
Dec 2007
Great direction, good character development (despite there's only one apparition of Faldio on the whole ep, strangely) and great episode overall. It just proves once again that VC would make a fantastic comedy/romance anime, but it is absolutely not a good militaristic anime. The setting is off, simple as that.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Aug 5, 2009 8:45 PM

Feb 2009
Welkin was just plain obnoxious.
Aug 5, 2009 10:17 PM

Feb 2008
Funny thing is that most of the people here who say that Welkin is stupid would probably have done the same thing or something very similar to what Welkin did in that situation.

^_^
Aug 9, 2009 8:32 AM

Aug 2008
At least Isara x Ramal is developing fine.

I'm tired of the Alicia love triangle, move the story already! Only 10 eps left.
Aug 27, 2009 8:06 PM

Jun 2008
Man Welkin totally blew it. It was still a wonderfully charming episode though. Love blooms on the battle field. And I agree, I think Isara is the key to Welkin and Alicia getting together.
Sep 12, 2009 10:47 AM

Jul 2008
wow that largo side story was really cool. because i kinda compare to him xD
but the pairing with isara and ramal is also pretty cute. so love can save the world i suppose.^^

Sep 30, 2009 5:27 PM

Apr 2009
argh... raged for about 10minutes...
-_-"
Welkin u IDIOT... anyhows... time to get the game... anime is great and the game is even better (so they say)... i just hope that nothing else ruins the anime xD
Oct 1, 2009 12:30 AM

Aug 2007
Gah freaking Welkin.

Hey i just notice the person who does Maximilian's voice also did Lelouch from Code Geass. Very nice! xP
Oct 23, 2009 9:36 PM

Dec 2007
As I thought so, Welkin is still worried about Alicia and Faldio's relationship. It was enjoyable episode.
Mar 9, 2010 11:50 PM

Mar 2007
Yah everythign is fine but the welkin x alicia x faldio triangle is gettin frustrating.. hoping they would've squashed it by now but guess not :(

Oh well hope action comes quick... curious how they'll close it all up in 10 episodes.

Dont mind all the romance in it. but i was defiinitely expecting alot more action in this show especially since the op dazzles every episode.

"What happens when we die?" I know that the ones who love us will miss us.
Apr 18, 2010 3:03 PM
Mar 2010
Welkin.... you aren't honest, are you??
this episode is beautiful for a passionate characterization like me (I hope to be clear)
I love when in a series there are episodes like this, we can see how people behave in situations unrelated to their character. We saw Alicia and Welkin talk about their relationship for first time, Isara and Ramal, too. Largo in friendly attitude to Welkin and we even discovered that he is fallen in love by Varrot!!
Great episode, XD
Jun 30, 2010 9:55 PM

Sep 2008
... Sigh. ): The awkwardness between Welkin and Alicia hasn't been solved at all - conversely, it seems to have worsened. Come oooon... D:

Didn't expect Isara to be a tease, either. But I still like the Ramal x Isara thing... :) Seems like while everything is a mess for everyone else (Faldio and Alicia, Alicia and Welkin, and Varrot and Largo apparently), everything is going just fine for Ramal, haha - he looked so content at the end!
Sep 12, 2010 1:44 AM
Jul 2009
Haha Isara is such a tease...

LOL @ Largo as well.

Welkin you dumbass.
Jun 6, 2011 9:45 PM

Apr 2009
Ughh I had the sudden urge (again) to beat up Welkin senseless! >_<

Taggu said:
At least Isara x Ramal is developing fine.

Yeah at least that was something.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Aug 7, 2011 9:17 AM

Apr 2009
Oh, Welkin. *facepalm*
Isn't it sad, Alicia?

That love triangle could have been over and dealt with by now, but no. It appears this might drag on into upcoming battles, and potentially affect their fighting performance.

Something feels ominous. It feels as if this love triangle isn't going to be resolved peacefully, and something might happen that will force its conclusion. I haven't played the game, but I hope nothing terrible is gonna happen just so choices will be made to end this love crisis.
Oct 15, 2013 6:52 PM

Sep 2013
Largo sees all.

There is a reason why Rosie sang and Largo didn't ;)

Largo let his tongue slip, damn that was cute :p

Isara was totally playing with his heart strings when she said "Your imagining things"

A beautiful insert song.

Love is in the air everywhere.
Nov 5, 2013 9:03 AM
Mar 2012
Don't get the hostility that Welkin is getting in his behavior towards Alicia.

If you are a guy and think this one girl might like your best friend, but you KNOW your best friend likes this one girl, you would be major conflicted, and most normal people would be unsure of themselves exactly as how Welkin is being. Not to mention, Welkin is acting in character, remember he's a strange guy anyway.

Sometimes what a woman thinks she's clearly saying is not very clear. Obviously looking from outside in, Alicia asking Welkin "what should I do" is her wanting him to take the decision away from her, and to take her. Many women although they wont' admit it, like the idea of being taken. She can't say it that directly obviously, but not every guy would see it as being that obvious. It's a harder call as the guy in question is Welkins' best friend.

There's some convenient short-cuts in this anime, but this triangle (so far) is not one of them--so far everyone's acting in character. The smooth guy, the bumbling guy, and the emotional, expressive girl.
Mar 3, 2014 4:24 PM

Jul 2012
i hope she ends with faldio ¬¬ welkin doesn't even deserve her
it would be a shame if something forced they to get together

a fine option should be that welkin didn't even like her since the beginning and she ends up with faldio because of that u_u something like " i don't like you, i actually have a crush on ellet since the first time she came to enterview us" yeah that would be nice...

but i guess it won't happen and she will end with this little pussie who can't even fight properly for a woman. Giving a woman to a friend is disrespecting him in my opinion, and also her....
arkyteMar 3, 2014 4:32 PM
Mar 11, 2014 10:26 AM

Sep 2013
Fuck you Welkin, grow a pair! Aarrrgggghhhhh.

I'm like 90% sure that Faldio is gonna die and that's the only way Welkin and Alicia will get together.

arkyte said:
Giving a woman to a friend is disrespecting him in my opinion, and also her....

Totally agree
Aug 9, 2015 5:33 AM

Oct 2012
Largo you're just too sharp about everyone else xD

Welkin isn't like this in game.. Not at all!
Well probably they're making this.. a bit more interesting? I mean love triangle?

Love make things so complicated.. huh
"Signature removed"
Apr 29, 2016 6:41 AM

Mar 2014
I really don't know the age gap of the Maximilian and Sezuria . Not that I care .
Character-driven Indeed . Man has their own way of helping themselves ~ .
Isara-san, I hope so. She is truly a genuine person for having such compassion.
You know its time for a 'change of pace' when things gets so complicated ~ .
VERY GREAT EPISODE . Welkin , my weird friend ~ . Romance is GOOD <3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 25, 2016 10:29 AM

Jun 2013
i think the hardship between alicia and welkin is very realistic. but really though, they need to sort things out asap because theres nothing worse than going into war while being distracted by some relationship issues. love can kill you after all

that being said, isara is the best girl this ep
Mar 1, 2021 5:11 AM
Jan 2021
WTF THIS WELKIN HE SHOULD JUST HE DONT LIKE IT HE REALLY MADE ME FUCKING MAD LOL ITS BEEN A LONG TIME SINCE I SEE THIS TYPE OF MC
And i bet after this episode welkin realized and in the final episode they be together so fucking predicted its better if they start the relationship and then there is drama in it
Feb 12, 2023 2:34 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Let me just state this again... this adaptation did NOT need this pointless 3rd party with Faldio, the romance was perfectly fine how it was handled in the game.
And that is the point, it is okay to change stuff, as long as it is either to improve or add a bit of flair to it, this is NOT IT.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» is the story complete in anime form?

NaughtySempai - Feb 2

8 by NaughtySempai »»
Feb 3, 3:29 AM

» Never got dubbed?

searingdark - Sep 15, 2023

3 by Levo »»
Oct 26, 2023 4:12 PM

Poll: » Valkyria Chronicles Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

daniking79 - Jul 4, 2009

76 by SSGHOKAGE »»
May 16, 2023 8:53 PM

Poll: » Valkyria Chronicles Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

japanme32 - Apr 11, 2009

101 by YabaniMario »»
Apr 11, 2023 7:26 PM

Poll: » Valkyria Chronicles Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

hazelnutman - Apr 4, 2009

156 by YabaniMario »»
Apr 11, 2023 7:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.