Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 18, 2013 6:45 AM

Nov 2011
Joh-chi said:
This show's actually pretty good but please, just PLEASE, stop with the CG...

>_<

Why do people hate CGI so much? if they remove it, you can kiss the nicely choreographed dance scenes goodbye.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Jan 18, 2013 9:54 AM
Feb 2012
Go get 'em, girls!
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Jan 19, 2013 2:41 AM
Sep 2010
Zee530 said:
Joh-chi said:

>_<

Why do people hate CGI so much? if they remove it, you can kiss the nicely choreographed dance scenes goodbye.

Idolm@ster didn't use cgi and the dances were great

Also probably people don't like cgi because its distracting and it shows the animators taking the easy/lazy route by using cgi instead of traditional.
Jan 19, 2013 3:32 AM
Jul 2012
wtf guys come on..what's the problem with cgi?
nothing else matters as long as the story is good..damn it
Jan 19, 2013 6:08 AM

Nov 2011
Zetsuei380 said:
Zee530 said:
Joh-chi said:

>_<

Also probably people don't like cgi because its distracting and it shows the animators taking the easy/lazy route by using cgi instead of traditional.

Have you ever tried making a hand drawn animation before? having to draw every single frame, it's fricking work, cgi is not lazy, it's just different, it gives the animator alot more options to work with, it sometimes needs only one frame and manipulating it to your liking, i admit it doesn't look as pretty as hand drawn but if the cgi is seamlessly inserted as possible or it's brilliantly made use of like in kingdom or even this show, i honestly dont mind.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Jan 19, 2013 8:00 AM
May 2012
Is it me, or they look like have gathered the whole group by the ED?

If they did, that's kind of hasty...
Jan 19, 2013 10:35 AM
Sep 2010
Zee530 said:
Zetsuei380 said:
Zee530 said:
Joh-chi said:

>_<

Have you ever tried making a hand drawn animation before? having to draw every single frame, it's fricking work, cgi is not lazy, it's just different, it gives the animator alot more options to work with, it sometimes needs only one frame and manipulating it to your liking, i admit it doesn't look as pretty as hand drawn but if the cgi is seamlessly inserted as possible or it's brilliantly made use of like in kingdom or even this show, i honestly dont mind.

I like how your explanation kind of helps my point. Yes cgi is different, but it is also easier to do and many animators and film makers tend to get lazy and will want to take the easy way out of things. So instead of putting hard work into things they get lazy and will resort to cgi because its easier.
I'm just calling it what it is, laziness.
Jan 19, 2013 12:32 PM

Oct 2011
Better than the first episode! It does have quite a Tari Tari feel, which is great. Honoka & Kotori are my favourites so far. It's a shame we already know who's going to join the group but I guess it'd be pretty predictable anyway :') Looking forward to their live concert next episode.
Jan 19, 2013 10:31 PM

Nov 2011
Zetsuei380 said:
Zee530 said:
Zetsuei380 said:
Zee530 said:
Joh-chi said:

>_<

I like how your explanation kind of helps my point. Yes cgi is different, but it is also easier to do and many animators and film makers tend to get lazy and will want to take the easy way out of things. So instead of putting hard work into things they get lazy and will resort to cgi because its easier.

I don't think i agree with your easier=lazy analogy, if it were true, then science would have never advanced. CGI comes down to preference in the end. I'm very picky about my animation styles, so generally when i see an action show with lame animation fights or re-use of certain scenes, i get quite vexed, most studios will give you the excuse of low budgeting as the reason. When i first saw CGI in anime, like anyone i didnt like how it looked but the freedom and chance of experimntation it gave to the animator was something i really liked. In shows like kingdom that use CGI for most of the fights, i will admit it has one of the best animated fight scenes i've ever seen.

I cant convince you to like cgi but i predict that more and more shows will be using bits of it in future. Once someone fixes the issue of the way the frames change and color tones, animes will switch to CGI instead of hand drawn in future.

Jan 20, 2013 3:09 PM

Aug 2011
I feel silly for always pronouncing their band as U's instead of Muse. Anyway, Start-Dash sounds great, seems like the songs in this show are something special to me.
Feb 3, 2013 1:01 PM

Jan 2011
This feels like a 2-cour show, I just don't think something like this can be finished in a single cour.
I'm looking forward to the next episode, I wonder how the performance will be animated as well.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Feb 3, 2013 5:50 PM

Feb 2012
Still adjusting myself with the animation~

Overall, not bad of an episode.
Feb 9, 2013 3:00 PM
Nov 2011
I really love the energy in this so far. can't wait for the next
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
Feb 11, 2013 7:59 PM

Mar 2012
Unexpected funny episode; and those girls are sooooo damn cute

Not expecting anything great but undropping this show for now
Feb 14, 2013 9:17 PM

Jul 2007
I love how Umi made them dump the tea and dango. This isn't gonna be one of those kinds of shows XD
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Feb 19, 2013 1:19 PM

May 2011
These girls are just so cute and funny. I am absolutely loving all of the characters so far. And hnnngggg I can see why Umi couldn't refuse Kotori's request. That *please* was just so adorable, I love her voice.
ainky said:
Slicer22 said:
lindsayzzz said:
Mikenzb said:

everytime I see this face I have to LMAO!
LOL same here! I crack up so hard when I see her face and clapping her hands like that. xD
This cracked me up as well 2 episodes in a row i wouldnt mind if it happened once an ep lol
I watched this episode at night and I laughed so hard, I woke up everyone...
Oh god this is fucking hilarious. Couldn't help but burst out laughing whenever I saw that. Hahaha Honoka is awesome. And the part where Umi called them out for forgetting their diet was hilariously cute too.
Feb 26, 2013 9:17 PM

Sep 2011
Sooo goooood!!!
May 28, 2013 11:36 AM

Jan 2012
A lot of tsun tsun among the girls.
Aug 9, 2013 7:23 AM
Apr 2011
Zetsuei380 said:
Zee530 said:
Zetsuei380 said:
Zee530 said:
Joh-chi said:

>_<

It's called a budget, not laziness.
4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42

http://putridcheese.deviantart.com
http://www.booksie.com/tosh/
http://stoptazmo.com/
Sep 15, 2013 3:58 PM

Feb 2013
Another nice episode. While the administration doesn't support the idol group idea, the students do. The OP kind of ruins the surprise of who is going to join the group though...
Apr 26, 2014 1:43 PM

Jul 2013
I'm starting to love this series!! It's sooo cute and lovely! Can't wait for more!
May 14, 2014 4:34 PM

Jun 2013
Nice episode. I wonder what's up with that vice president tho.
May 16, 2014 7:28 PM

Nov 2012
I tried doing push-ups while smiling. Not only did I end up looking like a moron, but I found out that I am really out of shape.
May 26, 2014 11:38 AM

Jan 2009
Just became a maki nishikino fan. She's seems rational

6/10
Jul 14, 2014 1:53 AM

Jan 2014
μ's <3
Aug 15, 2014 1:26 PM

Oct 2012
Sure thing, Maki seems so great. And Sonoda too. Can't wait for actual concert.
Mar 2, 2015 7:48 AM

Dec 2013
Well, better than the first ep.. I guess.
Apr 3, 2015 4:27 PM
May 2013
Hi yea Looking forward to more ;) Their song was ptrtty fun to
Apr 22, 2015 9:05 PM

Nov 2014
I'm glad the girls are getting support from their classmates, I can't wait to see when the rest of the girls join the group too. :)

Really cute episode, and also had some really funny moments. xD

Maki <3
May 9, 2015 8:06 PM

Sep 2010
Nishikino's song Aishiteru Banzai is probably my favorite Love Live! song I listened to it countless times. xD

Also yay their school is now officially in the ranks at 999 they can do this~
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Aug 5, 2015 9:58 AM

Aug 2013
Zee530 said:
Joh-chi said:

>_<

Because CG is a shit.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Sep 29, 2015 11:37 AM

Feb 2013
I'm really liking this so far! I can't pick a favorite girl, though.
Feb 17, 2016 4:24 AM
Feb 2009
damnnn zwaggg those legs tho maki chan so cute
May 8, 2016 7:47 AM

Sep 2014
Wow! This Anime is way better than i imagined. All the characters are coming out beautifully.
May 27, 2016 6:41 AM

May 2016
I loved it when Nozomi groped Maki's breasts. And the way she talked about them afterwards, as if that was a completely normal thing to do and they will grow soon. She just ASSUMES every girl cares about breast size. XD So, Maki's cold heart ended up warming up in the end, huh? I love her voice singing Start Dash, but then again I love her voice all together. Also, I love the name Muse. I think it was the girl who is always hanging out with Rin. She seemed to really be interested in that poster. The cards told Nozomi to take the girls' side?! Spiritual much? And, let's not forgot the dramatic scene that ensued. Eli was just like, "The cards?!" Then, everything went crazy. XD Hope the girls have a successful performance. I REALLY LOVE how this series shows it's hard to be an idol, and they had to work hard to build their stamina. In Aikatsu!, another idol anime which I love and would recommend for anyone reading this to check out, and most other idol anime the girl just goes on stage and dances and sings and shows great potential.
Insert awesome anime quote by my favorite character, here.
Jun 5, 2016 11:12 AM

May 2013
Maki's singing is amazingggggggg *O*
Jun 8, 2016 1:40 PM

Aug 2012
Hanayo a cute

Maki's singing voice sounded a little off in the beginning of the Start:Dash recording, but I think that was my only complaint of the episode.
Oct 5, 2016 7:31 AM

Nov 2011
Also enjoyable and fun this episode, natural situations without forcing in any context, have fun with Honoka and companions. Drawings and animations, good, storyline that progresses rapidly.
I did not remember that there was the fanservice in this anime, in addition to that due.
What a legs! What good Nishikino! XD

Mikenzb said:

everytime I see this face I have to LMAO!

Idem.
Jan 17, 2017 12:54 PM

Sep 2014
(Wow! 2nd year students learning about complex numbers already?)

Maki looks like a good girl. I like her.
Honoka clapping behind the door again was so silly! xD
May 11, 2017 6:53 PM
May 2017
Whoa! Did you see? Samurai Buyer is selling exclusive items of Love Live Concert!!
I got mine here: http://samuraibuyer.jp/ng/en_us/lp/bandai
I can't wait for it to come!! Kyaa!! <3

BiancaSBMay 11, 2017 7:19 PM
May 22, 2017 7:05 PM
Jul 2016
This will be more abut cutness, warmth, heart, team work etc all the feel good stuff than any before this so far I can tell. Sometimes Honoka´s voice reminds me of Ritsu from K-ON! Hayano(?)´s voice sound a little loli for her age xD Surprise boob grab from behind followed by embarrassing commenting on "them" for the other.

Mildest fan-service so far, little to imagination but not completely shameful here and there. Maybe I´m speaking too soon but I think not.
Aug 15, 2017 10:46 AM

May 2016
Hanayo thought of a name for them ♡ Honoka! Umi! Kotori! Domo! and Land, Air and Water were funny ideas too though xD

It's Nozomin's first gropey boob-related but somehow relevant advice scene! I'd have her read for fortune any day~
Everyone's legs are ravishingly sexy as well *looks at Maki's legs close-up*

Speaking of Maki... she composed Umi's lyrics and even provided a lovely reference on how to sing it. She even put the club into the radar! She really was moved by smiling push-ups and Honoka's sincerity like me ;~;

Sep 14, 2017 10:55 AM

Aug 2013
Maki's singing is beautiful. <3

Nov 2, 2017 9:27 AM

Sep 2013
Going through with the performance anyways, idols need to be fit and honoka getting through to maki.
Jan 3, 2018 11:40 AM

Sep 2012
i cant get over Honoka stupid face when she is clapping at Maki piano play & singing its 2hilarious lol
Aug 6, 2019 8:20 PM

Aug 2007
Muse is a good band. So that name suggestion is naturally good :P

Aug 17, 2019 2:07 PM

Nov 2016
Still very good. The girls are working hard, but they should work on their diet xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 19, 2019 8:40 PM
Apr 2018
Kotori! Onegai!

This ep and its weird shots lmao. There is one thing I didn't understand, what was that ranking the girls were looking at the end? Their song is 999th now?

Edit: I feel so dumb for not noticing that Maki voted for them.
SaiDrewMay 2, 2020 10:39 PM
May 11, 2020 6:43 PM
Jul 2019
did push-ups while smiling for shits and giggles. it was pretty much exactly the same as regular push ups.
Feb 10, 2021 8:19 AM

May 2018
Rip Maki's breasts. Forever will she be flat chested
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2013

263 by _untitled »»
Jul 22, 8:18 AM

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2013

205 by _untitled »»
Jul 22, 8:13 AM

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

bippo - Mar 17, 2013

129 by _untitled »»
Jul 22, 8:08 AM

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

bippo - Mar 10, 2013

132 by _untitled »»
Jul 22, 8:06 AM

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2013

81 by _untitled »»
Jul 22, 8:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.