Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (19) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
May 4, 2010 6:46 PM

Jul 2009
That is crazy awesome. The editor is half the reason I get Blizzard games, because neat and quirky stuff like that gets made.

I knew the editor was really flexible, but I didn't know it was THAT flexible.
May 4, 2010 8:09 PM

Apr 2010
:O

That's pretty damned amazing.
May 4, 2010 9:45 PM

Jul 2009
That is...uh yeah.

Couldn't they have the warmup of swarms of grunts or something for people who are bad at bullet hell games?

Chevalier 2
May 4, 2010 11:01 PM

Jul 2009
Man this show is so good.

Not Equal was freakin action packed.

¥€$ had a nice dose of comedy with the robo-dogs, plus a really eerie ending which probably ties into the laughing man story.

Machines Desirantes works on a couple levels. The tachikomas crack me up, then the Major makes the same mistake as Dave and Frank in 2001! Or maybe this is part of the Major's plan I haven't finished the episode yet. Ah yes, just as planned.

Fuck yes, awesome boxing scene? This show has a little bit of everything.

Kinda funny how computers make that "dot matrix printer" sound when text scrolls on the screen :P
Juicy_JuiceMay 4, 2010 11:18 PM
May 5, 2010 4:44 AM

Jul 2009
Mobile posting = +1 internet points
posting while poop comes out = over 9000
May 5, 2010 4:50 AM

Jul 2009
Falx said:
Mobile posting = +1 internet points
posting while poop comes out = over 9000

This--

This is not something I wanted to know.
May 5, 2010 5:47 AM

Jul 2009
I used up damn near all my airtime too.
May 5, 2010 7:55 AM
Jun 2008
Now all you need to do is get Twitter.
May 5, 2010 12:49 PM

Jul 2009
I'll do like that guy who put a pressure switch under his newly married buddy's bed to record... "activity" except on toilet seats...

And so, shitter, is born.
May 5, 2010 6:18 PM
Sep 2009
I really need to stop reading TV Tropes while I watch something for the first time. I had a decent twist on Angel Beats semi-spoiled by 'reading ahead', so to speak. Angel Beats is a good series too so far, at least, and I plan on sticking with it.
May 6, 2010 9:12 AM
Oct 2008
Oh hey, someone was nice enough to re-encode gg's releases of the Kara no Kyoukai movies into an avi format. Now I can finally watch them.
"Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than Hell itself...That is coffee." - Godot
May 6, 2010 10:55 AM

Jul 2009
Speaking of Kara no Kyoukai, I'm almost done translating the third part (of the books). Anyone willing to read through them and shove my typo mistakes in my face as well as give some other stylistic suggestions (how I translated certain parts, etc.)?
May 6, 2010 11:04 AM

Oct 2008
Gainax's next work: Panty & Stockings with Garterbelt. Sounds like it's going to feature the GL staff.

Implications from the title aside, this could be something to look forward to.

Edit: I'll give it a go Dark Steel if you'd like. I'm sure Spec, blkmage and others will chime in too for it.
May 6, 2010 12:02 PM

Jul 2009
WakiMiko said:
Gainax's next work: Panty & Stockings with Garterbelt. Sounds like it's going to feature the GL staff.

Implications from the title aside, this could be something to look forward to.

Edit: I'll give it a go Dark Steel if you'd like. I'm sure Spec, blkmage and others will chime in too for it.

That title is in a quantum superposition where it is simultaneously the worst and the best title I've heard recently. We'll see how it goes, but the GL staff gives it some promise.

Cool beans. If I'm not lazy, I should have it done and uploaded to Google Docs by tomorrow.
May 6, 2010 12:18 PM

Jul 2009
You know I'm up for it of course... and with more people it will go faster too.
May 6, 2010 12:19 PM

Jul 2009
CyborgZeta said:
Oh hey, someone was nice enough to re-encode gg's releases of the Kara no Kyoukai movies into an avi format. Now I can finally watch them.

Actually, it was always possible for you to do this yourself... it's actually scarily easy to change it to a file format that won't murder your PC.

The story centers around a teen-celebrity-like blond-haired girl named Panty and a black-haired Goth Loli girl named Stocking. The two are angels sent from the heavens to battle the "Ghosts" on Earth.

Man... this could go so many ways... on the one hand it's Gainax... but dude.

No actually I know exactly how it will go... it's called "Gainaxing" for a reason of course. Damnit.
FalxMay 6, 2010 12:23 PM
May 6, 2010 3:36 PM

Jul 2009
I would love to assist. Looove to.

Also, new Biscuit Hammer chapter is out.
May 6, 2010 8:21 PM

Jul 2009
fffffffffffffff time warner. had no intarwebs yesterday. or tv. =/

however that let me watch DVDs olol

Chevalier 3

Chevalier 4

DVD extras:
Liner notes were historical notes on the major characters. Nothing you can’t get off Wikipedia. (‘cause she used Wikipedia as a reference olol)

Ep1 commentary is Steven Foster, the dubbing director, and David Matranga, who is the dub voice for d’Eon.

Ep2 historical commentary with Janice Williams, lead media coordinator and the one who did the research, and Amy Forsyth, the translator.
May 7, 2010 1:16 AM

Apr 2010
Falx said:
Welp, caught up on Vivd... that's so far over the line for me I can't even see it anymore.

Damnit.

Ok so I just caught up. It wasn't quite that far over (for me) but it sure was damn far.
May 7, 2010 11:54 AM

Oct 2008
Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt scan

Doesn't look very servicey. Very Powerpuff Girls-esque.
WakiMikoMay 7, 2010 12:14 PM
May 7, 2010 2:19 PM

Oct 2009
Ichiban 06 - This show is so, so wrong. But funny.
May 7, 2010 3:33 PM

Jul 2009
UN-ZAN UN-ZAN
May 7, 2010 3:46 PM
Oct 2008
Bremen said:
Well, it was just this episode really.
"Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than Hell itself...That is coffee." - Godot
May 7, 2010 5:11 PM

Oct 2008
CyborgZeta said:
Bremen said:
Well, it was just this episode really.

*Goes to watch the episode.
Well this seems pretty standard what's everyb... Oh. Huh. Sea Cucumbers.

Still funny.

Fujiko's imaginary scene hahahaha.
WakiMikoMay 7, 2010 5:44 PM
May 8, 2010 1:01 AM

Jul 2009
Alright, fuck it, here's my translation of Kara no Kyoukai Volume I (Parts 1-3).

A few caveats:

- I am not a prose writer. I make no claims about the proficiency of my prose, nor my mastery of the Japanese language (which is far from perfect). If you see a problem with one or the other, don't hesitate to tell me.

- While I'm a Type-Moon fan, I'm not someone who browses through the Type-Moon wiki or fuyuki a lot. This means a lot of the terms used by the community are unknown to me, and I may use my own translations of them. It remains to be seen whether this is alright or not. On the other hand, if I spot something in the text that references some occult thingamabob in real life, I try to at least research that to see if I'm translating the right thing. Which means I'm planning to read a lot of books on the Buddhist and Taoist belief systems/philosophies in preparation for Paradox Spiral.

- Yes, I know, Part I is kind of confusing. I did my best. Even Nasu wanted to rewrite it for the movie.
CokesaktoMay 13, 2010 8:36 AM
May 8, 2010 1:05 AM

Jul 2009
Ahahaha, I was just looking at vocal stuff by nao, and this comes up.
May 8, 2010 1:08 PM

Jul 2009
Chevalier 5

Chevalier 6
May 9, 2010 1:23 AM

Jul 2009
Stand Alone Complex finished. Fan fucking tastic.

Is ANN correct in stating that Togusa and the Laughing Man were voiced by the same actor?

Poor Tachikomas :(

Shokun!
May 9, 2010 7:02 PM
Jul 2009
I have been watching a bit of Michiko e Hatchin lately and this is really one of the shows that begs the question "Why was this never licensed in the West?"

I really think it would have done well on Adult Swim! (And the exposure from that might have convinced me to check it out sooner to boot).
May 9, 2010 7:57 PM

Oct 2008
More Panty & Stocking info.

Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt full info:

-Panty is a bitchy and aggressive blonde that dresses like a pop diva, Stocking dresses in black gothloli clothes but is actually pretty sweet most of the time. Garterbelt is Panty & Stocking's boss: God, lord of all creation.
-Genre: Action/Comedy/Action/Action/Action/Action
-The show is going to be primarily action and that it is going to be full of violence so brutal that will make people wonder how Gainax is going to get away with showing it in TV.
-Dead Leaves-like dirty jokes and madness in every episode.
May 9, 2010 8:12 PM

Jul 2009
Hey guys, Muv-Luv Extra is fully translated! You should check it out. Maybe by next year we'll get Alternative!
May 9, 2010 10:49 PM

Jul 2009
Starting on 12 Kingdoms. I'm sensing a theme here: everyone in both worlds is a complete and utter dick.

Is it going to be this depressing all the way through? Might need to break it up with something else in that case.
May 9, 2010 11:03 PM

Jul 2009
Juicy_Juice said:
Starting on 12 Kingdoms. I'm sensing a theme here: everyone in both worlds is a complete and utter dick.

Is it going to be this depressing all the way through? Might need to break it up with something else in that case.

Hey, wait a minute, you're not going to watch GitS: SAC 2nd GIG?

I mean, Twelve Kingdoms is an EXCELLENT series, but you should probably keep going with GitS.

As for whether it's depressing...no, but it will go down some darker places before you start seeing light. How many episodes in are you? Of course, one theme of the series is certainly human failings.
May 9, 2010 11:10 PM

Jul 2009
Middle of ep 5 right now.

2nd GIG is my motivator to get me through these other DVDs I have. I'd just alternate shows but changing discs is such a pain!
May 10, 2010 1:38 AM

Jul 2009
Ugh I still need to finish the last disc of 2nd GIG! I'll try to do that tonight.
May 10, 2010 9:54 AM

Jul 2009
Juicy_Juice said:
Middle of ep 5 right now.

2nd GIG is my motivator to get me through these other DVDs I have. I'd just alternate shows but changing discs is such a pain!

Oh man, the end of ep5 is so good.
May 10, 2010 10:22 PM

Apr 2010
New Rosario+Vampire chapter is out!

Also, tomorrow is the 1 month anniversary of when the anime thread disappeared. Will did say one month and we can make a new thread, right?
"Because ten billion years' time is so fragile, so ephemeral... it arouses such a bittersweet, almost heartbreaking fondness."
May 10, 2010 10:36 PM

Jul 2009
I'd wait to see if it's like last time and he or another mod make the thread, if nothing appears tomorrow or in a few days I'll ask him.

I've actually been talking with him a few times, via pm. He actually apologized for closing the anime thread the way he did! He was told to do it by tube as well, so it's not like he did it out of his own volition.

The more I talk to him, the more I'm revising my opinion of him.
May 10, 2010 11:02 PM

Jul 2009
Every time someone talks about Keiki I have to laugh a little, because it sounds like they are talking about baked goods. Mmmmm, cakey.

Also, why did nobody recognize Yoko after they landed in not-China? She looked the same to me.

And why did her parents think she was dyeing her hair? Did they not know their own daughter's natural hair color? IIRC it was red in the flashback to when she was quite young. Did they think she had a bottle of l'Oreal in the womb with her?

This is a little too Fushigi Yuugi with the "friend" turning "evil" but I'm holding out hope they switch the formula up a little bit. I like that Yoko has already been disabused of her naivety.

Ok, I like this mouse guy. That probably means something horrible will happen to him.

Awesome, Yuka gets her comeuppance. Yes, you were "chosen" to live on a crappy farm!
Juicy_JuiceMay 10, 2010 11:55 PM
May 10, 2010 11:11 PM

Jul 2009
It's funny how many former anime thread people are posting in the roguelike thread, heh.
May 11, 2010 12:29 AM

Jul 2009
Just watched Le Portrait de Petit Cossette.

It was a huge dollop of craziness from WTFland. I was not at all surprised that this was directed by Shinbo. The weird camera angles, the sudden cuts to inexplicable imagery that's just there to look cool; it's all here. I must admit I did not expect how graphic it would be.

Take away all the weird visuals though, and it's a very simple story (not that that's bad). Kajiura Yuki is in full force with the music here though, which I enjoyed.
May 11, 2010 2:29 AM

Jul 2009
Graphic in what way? Violence I presume.
May 11, 2010 2:54 AM

Jul 2009
Falx said:
Graphic in what way? Violence I presume.

Yep. Very much so. The imagery reminds me of Akira at times.
May 11, 2010 4:46 AM

Jul 2009
Damn, that is violent... I'll add it to my list.
May 11, 2010 7:01 AM

Jul 2009
Falx said:
I'd wait to see if it's like last time and he or another mod make the thread, if nothing appears tomorrow or in a few days I'll ask him.

I've actually been talking with him a few times, via pm. He actually apologized for closing the anime thread the way he did! He was told to do it by tube as well, so it's not like he did it out of his own volition.

If and when we get it back, can we agreed no more idiocy with posting shit that might get it closed again?

Ie, no lolis in compromising positions, no in-lining images that vaguely have nudity or would otherwise be hard to explain (spoiler tags at minimum, if not even just a link instead of img tags), etc

It's already been established we're second class citizens, don't give them an excuse, 'cause we're not going to get the thread back one more time.
May 11, 2010 7:10 AM

Nov 2008
HopelessDreamer said:
Falx said:

If and when we get it back, can we agreed no more idiocy with posting shit that might get it closed again?

Ie, no lolis in compromising positions, no in-lining images that vaguely have nudity or would otherwise be hard to explain (spoiler tags at minimum, if not even just a link instead of img tags), etc

It's already been established we're second class citizens, don't give them an excuse, 'cause we're not going to get the thread back one more time.

It'll be fine as long as you don't post what you did in the image thread here...
May 11, 2010 7:16 AM

Jul 2009
(User was infracted for this post.)

blaze_zero said:
HopelessDreamer said:
Falx said:

It'll be fine as long as you don't post what you did in the image thread here...

Yeah 'cause I'm so afraid of mods around here infracting me. =p
FalxMay 11, 2010 8:10 AM
May 11, 2010 9:25 AM

Oct 2008
Juicy_Juice said:
It's funny how many former anime thread people are posting in the roguelike thread, heh.

Crawl is great fun.
May 11, 2010 11:13 AM

Apr 2010
Falx said:

Oh, so he apologized.

So when is he going to respond to my reasonable PM and give me an apology and an unjail for scapegoating me? When is he going to apologize for the constant shitting he does on Japan and anime and anime fans?

Oh wait no he's just passing the buck. When a guy says he's looking for any excuse to close the thread, and then says someone else made him do it, excuse me for being skeptical.
"Because ten billion years' time is so fragile, so ephemeral... it arouses such a bittersweet, almost heartbreaking fondness."
May 11, 2010 11:54 AM

Jul 2009
BL to be honest, you're actually pretty lucky Tube didn't see that OP first otherwise you would likely have been banned.

If you'd posted those images in any other thread you would have most likely gotten a jailing as well. We were all pretty stupid not to see those and think, oh wait maybe someone like a mod might think this isn't ok, because they really weren't.

Really it's our fault as well that you got jailed, so for my part I'm sorry.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (19) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Discount/Bargain Hunting

HopelessDreamer - Apr 22, 2010

35 by Synthesis »»
Aug 21, 2011 8:58 AM

Poll: » THE GOVERNMENT OF WEABOOLIA IN EXILE ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Falx - Apr 10, 2010

305 by Synthesis »»
Jun 24, 2011 12:07 PM

Sticky: » Finding stuff.

Falx - Jul 16, 2009

16 by Beel »»
Jun 6, 2011 10:46 AM

Sticky: » List of PA Handles and Basic Guidelines

HopelessDreamer - Jul 15, 2009

44 by Falx »»
Jun 3, 2011 1:07 PM

» Pictures too big to upload or not quite good enough to make the 25 ( 1 2 )

HopelessDreamer - Jul 15, 2009

86 by Bremen »»
Feb 8, 2011 8:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.