Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Keikenzumi na Kimi to, Keiken Zero na Ore ga, Otsukiai suru Hanashi. Episode 12 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Feb 11, 2:31 AM

Nov 2018
I confess I was disappointed with Akari.
That was so hypocritical and shallow! 😅

I liked how Ryuuto navigated the situation he had to face, but other than that, I felt many of the characters' reactions and attitudes were a bit too sudden and exaggerated.
KonokoAsadaFeb 11, 2:35 AM
"The me today will not ever make the future me to regret!"
(Emily Adachi from Air Gear: Kuro no Hane to Nemuri no Mori - Break on the Sky)

Feb 11, 5:14 AM
Oct 2022
Reply to KonokoAsada
I confess I was disappointed with Akari.
That was so hypocritical and shallow! 😅

I liked how Ryuuto navigated the situation he had to face, but other than that, I felt many of the characters' reactions and attitudes were a bit too sudden and exaggerated.
@KonokoAsada Akari turned down a guy she had already spoken to several times by destroying him publicly with the mother of all rationalizations. It's not like he showed up out of nowhere after watching her from afar. She was in the wrong from the start. Now she's just a hypocrite too.
Feb 11, 5:28 AM

Nov 2018
Reply to HyperlinkBlocked
@KonokoAsada Akari turned down a guy she had already spoken to several times by destroying him publicly with the mother of all rationalizations. It's not like he showed up out of nowhere after watching her from afar. She was in the wrong from the start. Now she's just a hypocrite too.
@HyperlinkBlocked
It's true what you say, but I just gave her the benefit of the doubt, thinking that she hadn't had enough interactions with him to consider trying a romantic relationship. Sometimes, speaking with a person several times may not be enough to see that person more than a new acquaintance. But you're right on the spot that I was wrong about her! What's more shocking is that the whole situation was presented as if she didn't do something wrong. 😟

Feb 11, 6:10 AM
Oct 2022
Reply to KonokoAsada
@HyperlinkBlocked
It's true what you say, but I just gave her the benefit of the doubt, thinking that she hadn't had enough interactions with him to consider trying a romantic relationship. Sometimes, speaking with a person several times may not be enough to see that person more than a new acquaintance. But you're right on the spot that I was wrong about her! What's more shocking is that the whole situation was presented as if she didn't do something wrong. 😟
@KonokoAsada I don't know why you're putting spoilers on discussion about the last episode, all this time after it aired.

But here's a little something extra to chew on; just a little coup de grace. The way the show presents it, she's not asking him out not because of her belief, but more because she tore into him. The implication being that if she had just kept her mouth shut, she'd be on him like flies on shit. So much for Luna's whole "She's serious about falling in love!" BS she gave us.

Every last girl in this show is garbage, and the show's entire gimmick is pretending like they're not. We've got a slutty drama whore, some rude bitch hung up on her ex, the man-stealing sister, and then this two-faced bitch, whose first assumption after seeing her friend with some guy who's not her boyfriend isn't that she's just having an affair, but that she's taken up prostitution, and the other guy is, despite her explicit reservations about that fact, actually loaded somehow.
Feb 11, 7:27 AM

Nov 2018
Reply to HyperlinkBlocked
@KonokoAsada I don't know why you're putting spoilers on discussion about the last episode, all this time after it aired.

But here's a little something extra to chew on; just a little coup de grace. The way the show presents it, she's not asking him out not because of her belief, but more because she tore into him. The implication being that if she had just kept her mouth shut, she'd be on him like flies on shit. So much for Luna's whole "She's serious about falling in love!" BS she gave us.

Every last girl in this show is garbage, and the show's entire gimmick is pretending like they're not. We've got a slutty drama whore, some rude bitch hung up on her ex, the man-stealing sister, and then this two-faced bitch, whose first assumption after seeing her friend with some guy who's not her boyfriend isn't that she's just having an affair, but that she's taken up prostitution, and the other guy is, despite her explicit reservations about that fact, actually loaded somehow.
@HyperlinkBlocked
I'm putting spoilers because I was reprimanded once for not doing so when I expressed my thoughts on an episode. Although it was a different website, I became more cautious. Apparently, some people read the commentaries before watching the episode. And some people may start watching this show later. For me, the whole event with Akari was surprising even if it was the end of the series. I couldn't have foreseen it. So I feared someone may consider it a spoiler. But I guess I can stop now after we have already discussed these aspects in more detail. 😋 Sorry if you found it annoying!

HyperlinkBlocked said:
- Totally true! that's why I was disappointed.

- I don't see it as a bad thing that Nicole was hung up on her ex. I see it as proof of genuine love feelings, and I admire her loyalty. I believe that as long as you love someone, it means a betrayal to yourself to try forcing your heart to get over it or form a couple with someone else. It's not fair to that someone else either. What bothered me about Nicole, however, was that she was so judgemental.
- I have nothing to say in the defense of the other two girls you mentioned. I believe the personalities of the characters were not well-shaped.

Feb 19, 3:51 PM
Oct 2017
one of the slowest and most boring series of 2023 I still watched it tho
Feb 29, 4:55 PM

Apr 2015
well finally finish after postpone so much. And i thought it was fine(?) i gave a 7 because i liked the last 2 episodes a lot, but i agree some moments let me crazy lol. And the main couple are cute and there were some realistic theme that anime normally don't go.
Mar 13, 1:41 PM
Oct 2023
good ending. i feel content and don't think another season is necessary.

i liked seeing the couple's progression, although some areas of conflict felt forced (like when they were deciding the best poster for the school festival...like bro who cares).

Mar 19, 5:52 PM

Jul 2023
Not the best way to end an anime that will likely not have a second season. It's just fine if it were a cliffhanger for a next season.

I think this is kind of a comfort anime, not a masterpiece that will provoke some thinking like Frieren. I for one would like to see more of them in animation. It's so wholesome. It's perfect in their imperfections.

As for this specific episode, I did not see that coming. Runa's dad will remarry. There's drama all right, but it's shallow. It's not enough to make me emotional, so I won't give due weight to its dramatic aspects. I think drama is used as a plot device to get into wholesome situations. Case in point: cringy crying semi-break up that led to something funny. You don't even notice that Runa had several men under her belt because it is rarely shown that she is horny.

For Ryuuto, lame as he is, he is the kind of mc you will root for. Even some tiny inprovement makes you clap, though to get there, you will have to put up with some cringe.
Mar 20, 2:38 PM
Jul 2022
doki doki, wish it was me

Mar 23, 5:15 AM
Dec 2022
It's Christmas episode for the final episode. So Christmas Eve trope then. So what will happen to our Runa-Ryuto couple? Then there are others like Ijichi and Akari. Nicole and her senpai Sekiya. Plus Runa and Maria's parents?! This is a lot of loose-ends to tie-up here. Will there be a Season 2?
Apr 4, 12:37 AM
May 2017
Really feels like this series could have ended after episode 7. Everything past that was just wheel-spinning, status-quo-maintaining, filler BS that was lame, boring and frustrating. I'll give this anime points for including some elements I've never seen in a romcom before, but apart from that it has nothing going on. Overwrought melodrama, boring characterization where everyone feels bipolar, and an MC who has some good moments but most of the time acts like an absolute idiot.

You know it's bad when I would have rather re-watched Hajimete no Gal over this garbage. 3/10
Apr 28, 6:18 AM

Apr 2013
So in the end they blue-balled us and his buddies did not get a shot at the gyarus. Even though the tall one turned into a hot guy somehow. Well, could've been worse.

First half was good, second half started some not-too-bad drama, but still unnecessary. In the end there was no seggs, which was promised at episode 1, so that's a bit of a disappointment. 6/10
May 14, 7:14 PM
Apr 2024
The episode is awesome, even though Runa's father is already married with other girl, but they both feels like happy being together, no wonder why it is fun to watching, thanks.
May 21, 12:28 PM
Dec 2019
they should not try to rekindle their parent relationship tbh, unnecessary conflict, they should know better
May 23, 8:50 PM

Oct 2021
When Akari first rejected the friend, I thought to myself "she only wants a kpop-like boyfriend but she doesn't want to admit it, so she came up with some convoluted excuse to reject him". Now that the guy looks like her Kpop idol, she likes him. I knew it. You could never trust those kpop stans. The thing that annoys me was seeing the amount of people agreeing with her and calling her "so mature" (even though she went way overboard) and now these same people are trying to further defend her by saying she admitted to her hypocrisy so it's ok for her to be like this. Lol.

I feel bad for the dude that couldn't get Nicole and he accepted it and ended up going back to his livestreams. In some ways it hits close to home. Maybe he and Maria could become a thing instead. And tbh I don't even like that guy that Nicole likes.

Also, Runa's mom is fine af.
SaltyCookieMay 23, 9:13 PM
May 24, 4:15 AM
Oct 2022
Reply to SaltyCookie
When Akari first rejected the friend, I thought to myself "she only wants a kpop-like boyfriend but she doesn't want to admit it, so she came up with some convoluted excuse to reject him". Now that the guy looks like her Kpop idol, she likes him. I knew it. You could never trust those kpop stans. The thing that annoys me was seeing the amount of people agreeing with her and calling her "so mature" (even though she went way overboard) and now these same people are trying to further defend her by saying she admitted to her hypocrisy so it's ok for her to be like this. Lol.

I feel bad for the dude that couldn't get Nicole and he accepted it and ended up going back to his livestreams. In some ways it hits close to home. Maybe he and Maria could become a thing instead. And tbh I don't even like that guy that Nicole likes.

Also, Runa's mom is fine af.
@SaltyCookie Never mind the people defending her; idiots exist everywhere. The story itself is defending her. Every last one of these girls is garbage, start to finish, and the show wants us to think they're these poor, misunderstood souls who are actually such wonderful people. This girl in particular already knew the guy, and had already hung out a couple of times before. So the whole thing about getting to know her first wouldn't make sense even if she actually believed it. She deadass demanded he simp for her first before he even dare ask her out.

The closest she gets to comeuppance is the boy she publicly flays turning hot. Other than that, we have FMC blowing smoke up her ass, and expecting us to join along, and we have the girl all but admit that what she said was total bullshit, and but for her public meltdown to bullshit away why she didn't date the fat guy, she would be on him like tar on dinosaur bones.
Jun 9, 12:55 AM
Oct 2021
"this anime is so romantic, yes something we guys will never experience"
Aug 6, 4:00 PM

Dec 2016
Ended up enjoying this one more than I imagined I would, honestly.

It's not well animated or anything, and is kinda cringe in some ways. But when in comes to romance and relationships, I think it did a fairly good job working on that. I agreed with lots of what was discussed about making the relationship more meaningful, which is refreshing to me since I usually see some opposite, shady behaviours being praised and normalized. Also liked that the main girl ends up sad after realizing that she had a couple of "first experiences" while not really being in love, and now that she is she kinda regrets that she couldn't share it with the MC.

Overall, started watching with low expectations, and ended up being better than I though. Also, the ED song was kinda nice.
Sep 4, 9:20 AM
Feb 2016
the end was dissapointing the rest was super cute
Yesterday, 12:08 PM

Mar 2022
this was great at the end when the mc was having a hard time and almost broke up bro was saying things like ' i don't need another girl or i don't need female friends ' reminded how i was so related to that truely a loser moment

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» This anime destroy the stereotypes about popular girls

passtur - May 12

24 by Quadruple_Oi »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Keikenzumi na Kimi to, Keiken Zero na Ore ga, Otsukiai suru Hanashi. Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2023

161 by kyota521306 »»
Aug 29, 6:18 AM

Poll: » Keikenzumi na Kimi to, Keiken Zero na Ore ga, Otsukiai suru Hanashi. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2023

322 by Cauebrs10 »»
Jul 25, 11:40 AM

Poll: » Keikenzumi na Kimi to, Keiken Zero na Ore ga, Otsukiai suru Hanashi. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2023

79 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Jul 22, 3:23 PM

» How bad any anime can get?

rishamr - Apr 12

1 by Zarutaku »»
Jun 5, 2:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.