Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jan 7, 2021 7:07 AM

Mar 2018
Beautifully crafted performance and episode. I can't help but think back on this episode and it's ability to drive emotion and connect, reminds me of Your Lie in April and Liz and the Blue Bird and I love this ep because of it.
Jan 10, 2021 11:03 AM

Apr 2009
They have a club advisor? Why didn't Takezou know or mention this before, as he's the oldest member and the club president?

I love this episode, if that "meteor shower" didn't move the school, maybe an asteroid impact will!

Chika's tragic life flashbacks has been on repeat since episode 1 that it's starting to bore me but seeing Tetsuki cry got me real good this time! T_T
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jan 24, 2021 1:34 AM

Jun 2020
Loved this episode. Houzuki apologising to Chika was really sweet. At least she has empathy within her & isn’t as one-dimensional & cold as she seemed. The smiles that everyone gave Enoki Junya’s character after he made that speech made me smile. They are so wholesome!

Ah, Chika is really the best boy. Him wanting to invite the obachan was so cute too!!!!! But we have already established that Tetsuki is THE best boy. He had so much compassion & care for Chika & was there for him when he had no one. Chika’s grandpa was such a solid man too. Those rice balls!!!! Lolol. Made me miss my grandpa too :’)

Yuuma’s ED definitely hit differently. Speechless indeed. That was a great performance & Chika’s solo made me all teary-eyed (;´༎ຶٹ༎ຶ`)

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Feb 22, 2021 8:22 AM

May 2020
hahaha why are the reactions so over the top lmao

𝕔𝕙𝕚𝕝𝕝𝕚𝕟𝕘

Aug 23, 2021 3:38 PM

Jul 2017
I'm rewatching this anime currently and I wish the production for all the episodes were better, particularly for the visual impact of this particular performance just because it adds so much more layers to what's already a great sounding and emotional rollercoaster of a performance. It was a class episode but would've hit that masterpiece level if visually was just better so that it complements the atmosphere of the performance a lot more. Chika's solo though I have to say was still pretty fantastic and the highlight of the performance, but the synergy shown by the club was incredible to watch. Left the entire audience and even me stunned hearing those emotions come to life.

But regardless, this episode definitely was moving storyline wise. 5 episodes in and plenty of character development is already happening and it's not stopping here which is good to see. One of the many reasons why I love the manga so much.
Oct 17, 2021 8:17 PM

Apr 2012
This episode was FLAMES! Up there with any Hibike Euphonium or K-on performance.

I almost feel like the bar has been set to high now. I'ma be waiting for some even more wild sh*t now.
Nai wa~
Oct 29, 2021 5:56 AM

May 2020
Damn good performance by all of them, and that Vice-Principal is a scum through and through.
Jun 7, 2022 4:34 AM
Jul 2018
That Vice-Principal is so annoying and rude. I hope he gets fired from his position soon in the series.

It was finally the day of their Koto playing performance. I felt so nervous, I have never been THIS nervous before! Now my hands are sweating because of it. I hope the school acknowledges them.

There were these high school boys who looked down on Chika just because of the rumors, they even thought (the Vice-Principal included) that Kudo was not going to be able to play the Koto and laughed. Haha! Kudo got them, Kudo caught everyone at the school by surprise. In just a month, they were able to play the full version of the piece they had just played which is, "Ryuuseigun" or "龍星群". I felt so satisfied after it.

Even though Kudo and his friends just started playing on the Koto (though Kudo has experience in playing the Koto before because of his late grandfather) they still nailed it! They were honestly so amazing! There's no way everyone at school won't acknowledge them unless they won't because the Vice-Principal told every student at school not to. But that probably wouldn't happen, it's too unrealistic. Also, their club probably wouldn't be disbanded anyway since because of what the Principal said if ever the Vice-Principal decides to continue to disband the club but which has more power though, isn't it the Principal who has more?
Aug 2, 2022 5:36 PM

Jan 2022
I'm not crying, you're crying. Absolutely beautiful! Too bad we didn't get to hear applause.
This never updates so that's cool
Mar 10, 2023 8:23 AM

Feb 2023
What a mesmerizing performance by the Koto club!

"Bocchi the Rock!" - Ijichi Nijika

Aug 10, 2023 2:44 PM

Dec 2022
Very good episode
Aug 15, 2023 9:48 AM

Oct 2021
It reached me😁
Feb 11, 12:47 PM

Mar 2019
Really nice episode, saying it's the best one so far is nothing surprising given what happened in it.

I liked the more confident Takezou, but the episode started being so much better when Chika's solo started. The feelings were definitely there, especially with that one line from him. It really was a nice backstory and for now he is my most liked character.

I still don't love the sound of the koto, but Chika's solo was very beautiful so it can make nice music.
Alex_TheForestFeb 11, 3:08 PM
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Pages (3) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kono Oto Tomare! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2019

160 by therealnagora »»
Jun 14, 3:15 PM

Poll: » Kono Oto Tomare! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2019

127 by hellokittyluv23 »»
May 24, 10:18 AM

Poll: » Kono Oto Tomare! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2019

59 by Alex_TheForest »»
Mar 9, 1:32 PM

Poll: » Kono Oto Tomare! Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2019

47 by Alex_TheForest »»
Mar 9, 12:39 PM

Poll: » Kono Oto Tomare! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2019

57 by Alex_TheForest »»
Mar 9, 11:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.