Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kill la Kill
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Nov 15, 2013 4:19 AM
May 2012
DancingJack said:
I liked some stuff of this episode... but it's really balanced with all the stupid garbage in it:

1.) Why did they make her tears like big slimy gobs? Way to completely destroy a supposed to be dramatic scence.
2.) What Mako did was the right thing, not Ryuuko! Ryuuko was sitting at the table night after night alone... but did she say something? Nope, she hands in her resignation at the most important point possible.
Ryuuko could've fought the Elite Four, which is her plan, right? She only had to wait with this until after the fight... but noooo. It's just awesome how ofter this anime forgets it's own main plot.
3.) Please, Kill La Kill, you need way more TTGL and way less stupid, unfunny bullsh*t.

Just a pig in human clothing. It surprises me you managed to understand TTGL which pretty much has the same sense of humor as this show.
Nov 15, 2013 5:05 AM

Sep 2011
Badass ep, mako uniform is G! 5/5
Nov 15, 2013 5:06 AM

Mar 2012
Wasn't quite as good as the last two episodes, but was still excellent.

In terms of story-development, this anime has been on a steady rise since the beginning. Don't know how you could say that episode 6 was worse than episode 1...
Let's go bowling.
Nov 15, 2013 5:09 AM

Apr 2013
This episode has to be my favorite so far (yeah I like Mako), and Kill La Kill is becoming better with each passing episode, IMO.

I don't find any issues with the pacing, it's not THAT fast (those club president smallfries hardly deserve any screentime anyway, not to mention those idle times where Ryuuko is eating dinner alone in that bungalow), and it has sufficient scenes for me to understand the whole picture well.

To me, the directors of KLK did a great job on this episode.

Nov 15, 2013 5:41 AM

Aug 2010
Utterly disappointed in Mako. She was one of my favorite characters of the season, but now she plummeted all the way down...good thing this is a pretty nice season and other shows can make up for it.

Didn't like this episode one bit 2/5.
Nov 15, 2013 6:18 AM

May 2013

Anyway, it's ridicolous how you all do nothing but follow the herd and continually reuse the pitiful phrase "ANIME IS SAVED". Saved? By a shitty plot and fanservice every 2 seconds? Oh,please.
rodacNov 20, 2013 8:46 PM
Nov 15, 2013 6:35 AM
Apr 2011
I wish KLK has the same level of fan service as Queen's Blade...
Nov 15, 2013 7:32 AM

May 2013
fanatrick said:
DancingJack said:
I liked some stuff of this episode... but it's really balanced with all the stupid garbage in it:

1.) Why did they make her tears like big slimy gobs? Way to completely destroy a supposed to be dramatic scence.
2.) What Mako did was the right thing, not Ryuuko! Ryuuko was sitting at the table night after night alone... but did she say something? Nope, she hands in her resignation at the most important point possible.
Ryuuko could've fought the Elite Four, which is her plan, right? She only had to wait with this until after the fight... but noooo. It's just awesome how ofter this anime forgets it's own main plot.
3.) Please, Kill La Kill, you need way more TTGL and way less stupid, unfunny bullsh*t.

Just a pig in human clothing. It surprises me you managed to understand TTGL which pretty much has the same sense of humor as this show.

Really? I don't remember that the tears of characters in TTGL looked like slime when they had a sad scence.
The thing about TTGL was that is was over the top all the time yes, but so they did also handle everything, the cool scence were cool, the epic scences were epic, the dramatic scences were really dramatic. They didn't cram in "funny" tears or anything like it in scences where they clearly didn't belong.
DancingJackNov 15, 2013 7:43 AM
"The fool who believed in miracles now walks among the dead." ~ Blade of the Phantom Master
Nov 15, 2013 7:56 AM
Oct 2012
Best ep so far
Nov 15, 2013 8:17 AM
May 2012
DancingJack said:
fanatrick said:
DancingJack said:

Really? I don't remember that the tears of characters in TTGL looked like slime when they had a sad scence.
The thing about TTGL was that is was over the top all the time yes, but so they did also handle everything, the cool scence were cool, the epic scences were epic, the dramatic scences were really dramatic. They didn't cram in "funny" tears or anything like it in scences where they clearly didn't belong.

Gosh, do you have any sense of over-the-top humor whatsoever? If you're this dull in real life, I bet your virginity will lie dormant for many years to come.

They did cram in similar things. You were simply beating your basement dick to Yoko a bit too much to notice.

Oh and also,
2)There is a thing called morality, the goal doesn't justify the means, but I can see how someone as ignorant as you could miss the metaphors and moral lessons this show offers.
Nov 15, 2013 8:32 AM
Nov 2013
Mogami-kun said:
Utterly disappointed in Mako. She was one of my favorite characters of the season, but now she plummeted all the way down...good thing this is a pretty nice season and other shows can make up for it.

I don't see any changes on Mako, she stil remains the same goofy character that helped Ryouko to obtain the real Senketsu power in earlier episodes and it's something.

This one just makes her better.
Nov 15, 2013 8:41 AM

Nov 2012
still not entirely convinced by this show, but this episode was really cool! it was interesting to see mako and her family completely change through money and the fight between mako and ryuko. and in the end everything was resolved, thankfully
Nov 15, 2013 8:47 AM

Apr 2012
And the moral of this story is if you get too greedy you will end up in only your underwear... Or something like that! ^_^
Nov 15, 2013 8:53 AM
Jun 2011
Everyone insisted Mako and Ryuko had to fight at some point. I guess the writers even figured it had to happen.
This was a great ep, but I think people mess up what the moral was.
The moral ISN'T: Wanting a better life is bad. The moral IS: Don't let greed get in the way of what really matters.

My teacher told me that once. She said, "Over my long life I've learned that there are only two things that are really important: Love and Health. Happiness in life will be judged by how well you love and are loved in return, and how good you feel. Everything else is too fleeting to spend your whole life caught up in."
I go by many names, some call me Hoshimaru, others call me Jiro or Aosou-Kun.
I believe myself a force for good, a papercrafter by trade, and one who seeks love and beauty animesque.

I am the host of the youtube show Who Would You Do?
Nov 15, 2013 8:56 AM
Jun 2011
Ryan64 said:
nanny96 said:
jayvon said:
Damn the story is total shit this anime just keeps getting worse and worse with each episode. And that god awful pacing, everything is happening at the speed of light. I hope this doesn't go on for the full 25 episodes.
Finally someone with good tastes. I have only one,serious question: why everyone keeps praising this anime? Garbage,just garbage. 2013 is the worst year as regards anime, the only decent anime was Shingeki no Kyojin (not good,just DECENT). Only 1 decent anime out of about 100 is unacceptable...

lol you're just ridiculous XD

Don't listen to stupid people.
He obviously doesn't hate it that much if he's still watching.
When I decide I've had enough of something I stop and I'm sure you and most reasonable people do as well.
I go by many names, some call me Hoshimaru, others call me Jiro or Aosou-Kun.
I believe myself a force for good, a papercrafter by trade, and one who seeks love and beauty animesque.

I am the host of the youtube show Who Would You Do?
Nov 15, 2013 9:13 AM
Sep 2013
kawaiijetty said:

I don't see any changes on Mako, she stil remains the same goofy character that helped Ryouko to obtain the real Senketsu power in earlier episodes and it's something.

The difference now is that Mako learnt the value of having a happy family. I dont mean that she doesn't value her family before, just that if the next time something like this happens, she will make the right choice faster. Besides that, this episodes also 99.999999% confirms that Mako is a friend of Ryuuko, because if Mako was a spy/assassin etc, she really could have killed ryuuko right there and then with her last punch.

Based on the preview, it looks like the next episode will be going into the backstory of Gamagori Ira. I don't think it will go the same way as Sanageyama's episode with ryuuko beaten though, the producers aren't that predictable. I'm sensing a cliffhanger episode, but its just me.

A thing that i would like some opinion on is the smile that Satsuki gave at the ED theme. Is it a "I knew you were strong, I'm glad i did not misjudge you" kind of smile, or "You may have think you have won, but I was actually just using you to clear my school of undesirebles, muahaha" kind of smile. because each smile would mean greatly different characterization for Satsuki.
Nov 15, 2013 9:42 AM
Oct 2012
Another fun episode. A couple things:
Mako's uniform wasn't a "Jojo" uniform, it is a typical "Boss" uniform (the toughest guy in school) and goes back to the 60's. And t I don't doubt that Boss Mako will be making a come back. Mako never lost sight of what was important, she was fighting for her family and that glitter in her eye, but by the time she had to fight Ryouko she knew better, she was hoping that her family was going to stop her, which is why she never fought at full strength (and neither did Ryouko).

She'll be back because when Mako let loose her full power even Satsuki was impressed, and this is only a two star Mako, imagine her in a three, or even better a Kamui.

So next episode will have the weakest of the elite 4. This should be fun because we already knew he liked Mako even before this episode.
Nov 15, 2013 10:10 AM
Jan 2009
Takuan_Soho said:
Another fun episode. A couple things:
Mako's uniform wasn't a "Jojo" uniform, it is a typical "Boss" uniform (the toughest guy in school) and goes back to the 60's. And t I don't doubt that Boss Mako will be making a come back. Mako never lost sight of what was important, she was fighting for her family and that glitter in her eye, but by the time she had to fight Ryouko she knew better, she was hoping that her family was going to stop her, which is why she never fought at full strength (and neither did Ryouko).

She'll be back because when Mako let loose her full power even Satsuki was impressed, and this is only a two star Mako, imagine her in a three, or even better a Kamui.

So next episode will have the weakest of the elite 4. This should be fun because we already knew he liked Mako even before this episode.

While Jotaro isn't the first character to have an outfit like that, then her hat seamlessly turning into her hair and her doing Jotaro’s hat-turn are both pretty direct references..
It also reminded me of Dix-Neuf from Diebuster with her doing the Gunbuster pose and all.
Nov 15, 2013 10:30 AM

Apr 2009
So heart warming episode!

Saldy, no manservice :< but Gamagoori Ira episode next? <3
Nov 15, 2013 10:38 AM
Nov 2013
XibalbaHeaven said:
kawaiijetty said:

The difference now is that Mako learnt the value of having a happy family. I dont mean that she doesn't value her family before, just that if the next time something like this happens, she will make the right choice faster. Besides that, this episodes also 99.999999% confirms that Mako is a friend of Ryuuko, because if Mako was a spy/assassin etc, she really could have killed ryuuko right there and then with her last punch.

Based on the preview, it looks like the next episode will be going into the backstory of Gamagori Ira. I don't think it will go the same way as Sanageyama's episode with ryuuko beaten though, the producers aren't that predictable. I'm sensing a cliffhanger episode, but its just me.

A thing that i would like some opinion on is the smile that Satsuki gave at the ED theme. Is it a "I knew you were strong, I'm glad i did not misjudge you" kind of smile, or "You may have think you have won, but I was actually just using you to clear my school of undesirebles, muahaha" kind of smile. because each smile would mean greatly different characterization for Satsuki.

Oh it's more like personal view in that case. For myself i can't see Mako as spy just after that episode of the other girl trying to take over the academy but hell, this anime is not over yet, anything can happen dun duun.

Also for Satsuki, she's a mysterious box, i really can't figure her intentions yet, i mean, even if i had one, i wouldn't be 100% sure.
Nov 15, 2013 10:42 AM

Oct 2013
Great episode now all I need is a kill la kill fighting game and I'll definitely main with Mako.

1st post by the way
Nov 15, 2013 11:13 AM

Feb 2011
Excellent episode, as always.
Nov 15, 2013 11:19 AM

May 2013
fanatrick said:
Gosh, do you have any sense of over-the-top humor whatsoever? If you're this dull in real life, I bet your virginity will lie dormant for many years to come.

They did cram in similar things. You were simply beating your basement dick to Yoko a bit too much to notice.

Oh and also,
2)There is a thing called morality, the goal doesn't justify the means, but I can see how someone as ignorant as you could miss the metaphors and moral lessons this show offers.

Wow, what exactly is now your problem? And I thought I was overreacting... but here comes the guy who suddenly takes the discussion to the next level with troll insults.
And you want to tell me about missing moral lessons in this show? You are clearly the right person to do so, so please excuse me for not taking you seriously.

2.) What really?! Captain Obvious strikes again. But that doesn't had anything to do with my point to begin with.
Yes, there is thing called morality. Explaining that to other people after insulting them is probably not the best idea... there is also a thing called hypocritical, you should look it up.
DancingJackNov 15, 2013 11:28 AM
"The fool who believed in miracles now walks among the dead." ~ Blade of the Phantom Master
Nov 15, 2013 11:28 AM
Oct 2012
RyuRobin said:
While Jotaro isn't the first character to have an outfit like that, then her hat seamlessly turning into her hair and her doing Jotaro’s hat-turn are both pretty direct references..
It also reminded me of Dix-Neuf from Diebuster with her doing the Gunbuster pose and all.

Yeah, they are all referencing the same "banchou" stereotype. The archetype goes back to at least the 50's, the hat turned, the black/blue school jacket with no shirt, the cape with spikes at the neck, usually a wrapping around the stomach, the old style geta shoes and the piece of grass hanging delinquently from their mouth. The female version of a banchou is the Sukeban.

JoJo only dates back to 1987, so you can see that the writer was playing with a long standing archetypal figure.

Found a picture from a 1968 manga that shows that the hat turn isn't new
http://www.sogotosho.daimokuroku.com/img/column/1yuya02.jpg

And another from the early 80's
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51oJbCwYjDL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Of course JoJo has a distinctive art style that was very influential on shows that came after Jojo (plus there is just the evolution of style during the 60 years of Banchou in anime, the big difference with Mako is all the bling they added to her outfit, but the uniform itself is timeless.
Nov 15, 2013 11:57 AM

Jan 2013
Just when I thought it was going to be the worst episode yet ... It turned out to be a great episode.
Nov 15, 2013 12:30 PM

Nov 2010
Marvoulous, it wouldn't be any less if it was a stand alone movie
The club Matoi created "Fight club" (pun intended) in order to beat up other ones was clever
Giving the president position after seeing all that paperwork to Mako was to be expected and funny
Other clubs shown were really creative

How they climbed up the social ladder by gaining wins/reputation in such little time was clever as how it can still be compared to some current/old cultures

The final show down with Matoi versus Mako gaining the 2 star uniform worked well and her forfeiting the fight in order to restore the normal family life was nice

Just seeing this one will be 25 episodes total surprised me, since I thought they were already speeding things up to fill up for a 1 season run
Nov 15, 2013 12:38 PM

Jun 2013
This episode was full of win! Fight club, mystery croquettes and Mako in a two-star uniform!!!

This show is just so randomly awesome :)
Nov 15, 2013 12:43 PM

Jul 2013
Mako's boobs are huge XD

I feel this episode is going nowhere though.. the worst kind of filler that accomplishes nothing, not even the comedy or the moral lesson it's supposed to achieve
Nov 15, 2013 1:14 PM

Dec 2012
This felt like a deviation from the main plot which is something that I don't typically like in anime, but this was still an enjoyable episode. Seeing Mako and Ryuko square off was neat and unexpected, although I thought the battle was unfairly one-sided considering we've seen Ryuko demolish everything in her path whilst Mako has probably never been in a fight. Ryuko was holding back, of course... but still! I was sort of disappointed that they destroyed Mako's Ultima Uniform at the end. They should have taken off with it, that pair would have been unstoppable! Ah well, I suppose that would have interfered with the moral here. Good episode.
Nov 15, 2013 1:15 PM

Dec 2012
jiraiya_sensei said:
Mako's boobs are huge XD

I feel this episode is going nowhere though.. the worst kind of filler that accomplishes nothing, not even the comedy or the moral lesson it's supposed to achieve

Filler? OK... well we got some more insight into Ryuko's past, we found out specifically how the 1-stars and above live in comparison to the no-stars and a larger plot development post credits

You obviously weren't paying attention to the episode if you consider it filler
Nov 15, 2013 1:37 PM

May 2010
Mogami-kun said:

oh no my favorite character acted differently and developed a lot

fuck me that sucks!
Nov 15, 2013 2:21 PM
Jul 2011
They could have done a little better with the whole Mako vs. Ryuko fight in both action and just being more heartfelt in general (Ryuko vs. Sanageyama had more feels) but don't think this is the last time we will see Mako in fight mode though.

Between the subtle hint of Mako owning all those goons with just a broom from one of the previous episodes and even Satsuki being impressed when Mako used an all out attack in Boss Uniform mode in this episode there is defiantly something up with her.
Nov 15, 2013 2:32 PM

Dec 2008
OMG!! This episode was hilarious!!
I was about to write Mako and her family off as total dregs of society the way they turned on Ryuuko. They totally forgot that Ryuuko was the one responsible for them climbing the social ladder by fighting her ass off every day. But, they all redeemed themselves in the end.
Nov 15, 2013 2:38 PM

May 2011
Best episode and so true at the same time.
Nov 15, 2013 3:00 PM

Sep 2008
Great episode!
First I thought all "this is just a bad dream" for Ryuuko
I can't belive this was true!
How low this family go down, when they after getting that mansion...
Nov 15, 2013 3:01 PM

Jul 2010
Dem references to JoJo. http://i.imgur.com/GacKP6W.jpg
This and the one about the tennis balls with the star.

Btw, I don't know you but this episode made my score change from 8 to 9.
Nov 15, 2013 3:08 PM

Apr 2012
Two stars Mako was superb, that gold "Mako" finger plate.

A way to undermine Ryuuko through the Mankanshoku would have come up sooner or later. Now it's taken care of we can have fancy new twists.
Nov 15, 2013 3:25 PM

May 2012
Petty good episode.
Also dat OST, best of the year for sure. I can't get enough of it.
Nov 15, 2013 3:33 PM

Jan 2013
Very well done episode.
Pretty serious, I guess the fast pace works.
Nov 15, 2013 3:49 PM

Feb 2010
Was this episode using modified SnK soundtrack or is there something wrong with my hearing?
Nov 15, 2013 4:14 PM

Sep 2013
While this was an enjoyable episode, I'm not really a fan of how Ryuuko handled things. I wish she would have tried to talk things out before just dropping out like she did. That would have made the message a little stronger. On another note, Kill La Kill continues to give me American animation vibes.
Nov 15, 2013 4:26 PM

Oct 2013
Elite60 said:
The rise and fall of Mako and her family. Great episode

You said everything
Nov 15, 2013 4:39 PM

Aug 2013
The part where the dad tries out the new toilet was hilarious. XD
Nov 15, 2013 4:41 PM
Jul 2013
Jojo Mako. She's fabulous, bitch!
Nov 15, 2013 4:48 PM

Apr 2013
VanishingKira said:
Also dat human/pig speech by Satsuki.

Gosh that part made me admire how much of a badass she is. Seriously, Satsuki is my favorite character in Kill la Kill hands down.
Powerful eyebrows.
Nov 15, 2013 5:37 PM

Jun 2012
That was brilliant.
Ryuko wants to go back to being stalked, that's the only reason =P

Nov 15, 2013 6:06 PM

Dec 2011
I expected Ryuko to be battling Mankanshoku to a battle... didn't expect it so soon!

Ahaha. Rags to riches story is quite interesting combined into this anime. Ahahaha.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 15, 2013 6:45 PM

Aug 2009
Akanezora said:
Dem references to JoJo. http://i.imgur.com/GacKP6W.jpg

Mako's uniform is mainly reference to banchou type of character archetype (that started in 70s) which had big influence on JoJo. Because of that Jotaro form JoJo is also reference to this archetype. Only JoJo's references in KlK are Mako's gold chain and her "Ora Ora Ora" type of attack.
Nov 15, 2013 7:32 PM

Mar 2012
Probably the best episode of the series so far. Outstanding.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Nov 15, 2013 7:49 PM

Oct 2013
Loved how they sped through fighting various clubs instead of dragging it out, then going onto Mako's family and the interesting way Satsuki used them against her. She's awesome!
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

BRSxIgnition - Mar 27, 2014

961 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Sep 24, 4:49 PM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2013

225 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Aug 21, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2013

190 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Aug 21, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2013

214 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Aug 20, 1:13 PM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MCAL - Nov 6, 2013

280 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Aug 19, 12:24 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.