Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jan 23, 2016 4:18 PM

Apr 2015
Dat nosebleed and rip AC. The way Hotaru eats her ramen LEWD! And dem boobs DAMN.

Hotaru and Master Saya in swimsuit *nosebleed*.
Jan 23, 2016 7:16 PM
Jan 2016
I was impressed by my favorites Hanasaku Iroha and Love Hina, but always something missing from those shows... Oh I know comedy, tbh Love Hina had one great moment of comedy gold (The samurai girl tries slice the flying turtle and turtle blocks her attack and thus lands on her face and she faints because she can't stand turtles--something like that I can't quite remember, its been a long time. xD) but most of the time it was a hit or miss and usually a miss. Hanasaku Iroha was mostly focused on character interactions and where comedy seemed nonexistent (but she was one chibi energetic girl.). I'm not in any way comparing these to this one, they are both very different vehicles, this one is comedy driven, where else the others are Romance and Romance comedy. SoL is a mix batch of the 2 to 4 genres. This one is more like you have to not try to follow a plot line (Which doesn't exist) but work from a blank chalkboard and take it from there. Score: B+
Jan 23, 2016 8:17 PM

Dec 2015
Another funny episode, the fact they were just dying in the shop due to the heat had me laughing so much. The swimming pool scene was hilarious as well, how they said their plan failed so confidently and the looks they gave each other xD

Jan 23, 2016 10:50 PM

Nov 2012
Hotaru's boobs are definitely a bit bigger in the anime than in the manga.
Not that I'm complaining though.

Jan 23, 2016 11:32 PM

Jan 2015
Hotaru is overtaking Saya as best girl very fast, maybe she's already overtaken Saya (i dunno cant decide)
Hotaru's wet clothes showing bruh was HOT
Hotaru in mizugi was nice
Hotaru's eyes and personality plus oppai and body structure is gonna put thousands of doujins based on her (maybe its already happened)
Hotaru overall is just fucking nice, she's pretty,cute and her voice actor fits her perfectly
Episode was good. 3.5/5
Oh and the ED animation changed
Jan 24, 2016 12:39 AM

Dec 2010
We have a proper ED now? I guess.

Hotaru and Kokonotsu's pops are a scary pair.
Jan 24, 2016 2:18 AM

Jan 2015
KaiserBait said:
If you expect a plot progression, you will be dissapointed. This is like Nisekoi with candy taking all the time.

Don't compare Nisekoi with this...thing.
Jan 24, 2016 2:32 AM

Nov 2011
Xenocrisi said:
KaiserBait said:
If you expect a plot progression, you will be dissapointed. This is like Nisekoi with candy taking all the time.

I just did and I bet by the end of the cour hardly anything ever progress.

Jan 24, 2016 2:51 AM

Jan 2015
KaiserBait said:
Xenocrisi said:

What do you expect from a SOL? A sudden apocalypse?
Jan 24, 2016 3:01 AM

Nov 2011
Xenocrisi said:
KaiserBait said:

What do you expect from a SOL? A sudden apocalypse?

That would be nice but plot progression and character developments is all I need.

Jan 24, 2016 5:19 AM

Jul 2014
I hated the fact that Glasses dude and Coconuts was not in the cafe with Saya and Hotaru while they were having their 'girl talk' like in the manga. But overall it's a great episode

Hotaru/10
Jan 24, 2016 6:13 AM
Aug 2014
this show tries to imitate "gekkan shoujo nozaki-kun" but fails due to mundane settings with only one eccentric character. Still fun to watch though, I hope the MC do more than back-grounding and having a funny name.
Jan 24, 2016 10:28 AM
Oct 2010
hithummah said:
this show tries to imitate "gekkan shoujo nozaki-kun"

This show does not try to imitate gekkan shoujo nozaki-kun.
Jan 24, 2016 12:37 PM

Aug 2013
This was very good, this plot is hilarious, all the characters seem to have very different personalities, but they form a good set, also again there were updates on the OP and ED, I look forward to continue watching the anime ..
Jan 24, 2016 12:46 PM

Jul 2013
Didn't like it. Idg all these Japanese candy references, so Idk how I'm supposed to find it amusing, but purple hair girl is hot, so I will continue watching.
Jan 24, 2016 1:12 PM

Nov 2012
wouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!

Jan 24, 2016 1:52 PM

Jun 2015
Probably one of the worst comedy i've ever seen. The whole candy joke are destroying what could have been a good show. Because the joke are relate to a certain subject you can't expert a lot. No candy relate into this anime and everything would have been better the comedy for sure. Because overall candy aren't even important into the serie in the first its not shokugeki no soma where the food are actually important for the plot
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 24, 2016 2:28 PM

Apr 2013
I like the OP upgrade. A lot of Hotaru fanservice. Not that i'm complaining though :)

Jan 24, 2016 3:00 PM
Jul 2014
It's nice to see that the ending theme didn't remain with lazy art and animation at all starting this week
Jan 24, 2016 3:42 PM
Nov 2010
Arturio said:
Probably one of the worst comedy i've ever seen. The whole candy joke are destroying what could have been a good show. Because the joke are relate to a certain subject you can't expert a lot. No candy relate into this anime and everything would have been better the comedy for sure. Because overall candy aren't even important into the serie in the first its not shokugeki no soma where the food are actually important for the plot

Title: Dagashi Kashi
Dagashi
Da ga shi

Nah, it's not a show about snacks.....I suppose you wouldn't know the theme of a show even if it's staring at you right in the face. That's okay though, you are not the intended audience of this show anyway.

You are right about one thing though, the show should not be about candies. Dagashi is not exactly restricted to candy or sweets. eg pork instant noodle obviuosly is not candy! It's basically little snacks, affordability and variety are the key traits.
Jan 24, 2016 3:51 PM

Feb 2013
Hot and steamy episode. Not very funny this time though.
Jan 24, 2016 3:57 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Another solid episode. The pool scheme was pretty darn funny.
Jan 24, 2016 4:08 PM

Jun 2015
potplant said:
Arturio said:

Dagashi
Da ga shi

Nah, it's not a show about snacks.....I suppose you wouldn't know the theme of a show even if it's staring at you right in the face. That's okay though, you are not the intended audience of this show anyway.

You are right about one thing though, the show should not be about candies. Dagashi is not exactly restricted to candy or sweets. eg pork instant noodle obviuosly is not candy! It's basically little snacks, affordability and variety are the key traits.
Are you stupid? I am saying the theme of the show is useless for various reason. You take out the candy out of the show and it change everything. Its only harming the serie with this restriction and yes for the start it could have been the same anime you take out the candy relate stuff, and it and up the same but with a humour not restrict
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 24, 2016 5:05 PM
Jan 2016
Arturio said:
potplant said:

Dagashi
Da ga shi

Are you stupid? I am saying the theme of the show is useless for various reason. You take out the candy out of the show and it change everything. Its only harming the serie with this restriction and yes for the start it could have been the same anime you take out the candy relate stuff, and it and up the same but with a humour not restrict

+Art
+potplant

*After further studying both potplant and Art.

Let me try my best to interpret this conversation. potplant is pointing out that it's not just about candy, but about snacks, cup ramen or top ramen are not very nutrious but they are snacks none the less, potplant is pointing out the anime/manga title. Art is saying if you take out candy as the primary focus and branch it off to snacks, you're trying to appeal to snack people, and snacks is universal thing, very subjective and humor is less about candy and more about snacks. Gentlemen, are we seriously taking about candy and snacks and this leads to smackdown at Wrestlemania XXXX Or Super Bowl XXXX?

I will revise as needed.

PetrolJan 24, 2016 5:20 PM
Jan 24, 2016 5:18 PM

Jun 2015
Petrol said:
Arturio said:

+Art
+potplant

Art you're not making sense, let me try my best to interpret what you're trying to say. You are saying that these candy jokes are mostly known by Otakus and Japanese and Asian culture as a whole, and that it's leaving lots of Europeans (Especially Britains who are known for their dry sense of humor) scratching their collective heads as to if that was a funny thing or not.

potplant that's what he was trying to say, maybe...?
not even close. I am trying to say that restricting a comedy on one subject is the problem of the serie, normally you would use a subject to make the story around it . For example your watching a sport anime, Basketball for example in kuroko no basket you would use the subject to make a story out of it, When in comedy you don't want to restrict yourrself on a subject , it limit the option that you can accomplish in one series. In the end i am trying to say, the author could have scratch this idea an end up with the same character and setting without this big restriction. And still ending up making a way better sol, And yes i wasn't the audience for this show but cmon guys what type of people are searching for full time comedy about candy
Jan 24, 2016 5:27 PM
Jan 2016
Arturio said:
Petrol said:

+Art
+potplant

Art you're not making sense, let me try my best to interpret what you're trying to say. You are saying that these candy jokes are mostly known by Otakus and Japanese and Asian culture as a whole, and that it's leaving lots of Europeans (Especially Britains who are known for their dry sense of humor) scratching their collective heads as to if that was a funny thing or not.

potplant that's what he was trying to say, maybe...?
not even close. I am trying to say that restricting a comedy on one subject is the problem of the serie, normally you would use a subject to make the story around it . For example your watching a sport anime, Basketball for example in kuroko no basket you would use the subject to make a story out of it, When in comedy you don't want to restrict yourrself on a subject , it limit the option that you can accomplish in one series. In the end i am trying to say, the author could have scratch this idea an end up with the same character and setting without this big restriction. And still ending up making a way better sol, And yes i wasn't the audience for this show but cmon guys what type of people are searching for full time comedy about candy

You probably noticed I edited that post to try to relate to both sides, but even then I wasn't close, that hurts... Let me take me moment *SOBS* *Time skip 2 hrs* Anyways, now I understand, you're saying the mangaka shouldn't limit himself on one specific topic and just make a SoL without any limits, see that right there sounds like an anime such as Ai Yori Aoshi, Love Hina, Hanosaku Iroha or Maison Ikkoku.

Scratch that and that and that and that, let's go with School Rumble, Full Metal Panic Fumoffu, Slayers, Midori no Hibi, and Mitsudomoe!
PetrolJan 24, 2016 5:43 PM
Jan 24, 2016 5:49 PM
Nov 2010
In a nutshell, Arturio is complaining about 'red' is not what he imagined red should be, and goes on to question how a colour should be and why 'red' is not a proper colour because of his own, if rather chuunibyou self-importance.

Red is red, nobody cares you don't like red.
Jan 24, 2016 6:21 PM

Jun 2015
potplant said:
In a nutshell, Arturio is complaining about 'red' is not what he imagined red should be, and goes on to question how a colour should be and why 'red' is not a proper colour because of his own, if rather chuunibyou self-importance.

facepalm are you really this dumb
Jan 24, 2016 6:23 PM
Jan 2016
potplant said:

Cmon potplant, Art pleaded his case and made it specific, you should too, it's only fair.

Anyways, while potplant formulates his next response to Art, I have interesting observation, about red ha jk, I was thinking why people are expecting a "plot". Gundam wasn't plot driven, it was exhibition of their latest and greatest mecha designs and to sell Gundam models ofc. Now onto this anime, it's not plot driven. It's main device is to introduce mainly Europeans on that culture of Japan about "Snack and Candy, but small problem, to the French, snacks could be Croissants or the Belgians, Waffles, or to the Germans and Poles (I have no idea), to the Britains (crumpets and tea), and so forth, and what was I trying to say, um... WHOLE POINT WAS THAT THERE WASN'T A PLOT, IT'S COMEDY GET OVER YOURSELF!

Addenum: If you're a foodie, try Yakitate!! Japan and there actually a manga about "curry", titled "Addicted to Curry."
PetrolJan 24, 2016 6:45 PM
Jan 24, 2016 7:06 PM

Jan 2016
Petrol said:
potplant said:

Cmon potplant, Art pleaded his case and made it specific, you should too, it's only fair.

Anyways, while potplant formulates his next response to Art, I have interesting observation, about red ha jk, I was thinking why people are expecting a "plot". Gundam wasn't plot driven, it was exhibition of their latest and greatest mecha designs and to sell Gundam models ofc. Now onto this anime, it's not plot driven. It's main device is to introduce mainly Europeans on that culture of Japan about "Snack and Candy, but small problem, to the French, snacks could be Croissants or the Belgians, Waffles, or to the Germans and Poles (I have no idea), to the Britains (crumpets and tea), and so forth, and what was I trying to say, um... WHOLE POINT WAS THAT THERE WASN'T A PLOT, IT'S COMEDY GET OVER YOURSELF!

Addenum: If you're a foodie, try Yakitate!! Japan and there actually a manga about "curry", titled "Addicted to Curry."

Dear chap, I shall fill the role of Mr. potplant.

What this fellow is saying that Mr. Arturio is complaining about genre, what the comedy genre should be and that if it is not to his liking he dismisses it because it does not fit into his ideal. More to the point, that I don't give **** about Mr. Arturio **** personal taste because he is **** and **** **** **** **** ****

Rest of of that was censored dear fellow. I dare say it is better to agree to disagree and move on.

I shall now play the role of Mr. Arturio. **** and **** Obviously the rest of that was also censored.

The game is afoot, Dr. Watson...We shall take our leave here.
ScotlandYardJan 24, 2016 8:12 PM
Elementary my dear Watson, Elementary...
Jan 24, 2016 7:26 PM

Jan 2016
Petrol said:
Mitsudomoe!

A very good reference dear fellow.
Jan 24, 2016 8:04 PM
Apr 2015
the revised OP and ED sequence made me hold my thoughts of dropping this series... maybe i'll see next week if i'll really stay.
Jan 24, 2016 8:16 PM

Jul 2010
Red_Tuesday said:
For the first 6 minutes:

"They're waiting for her shirt to go transparent"

eh, close enough
Then her shirt went transparent.

WHAT A TWEEST

To hell with this lame ass show, I'm out.

Seconded. I tried to like this, but the plot is just fucking lame.
Jan 24, 2016 8:31 PM
Nov 2010
ScotlandYard said:
Petrol said:

What this fellow is saying that Mr. Arturio is complaining about genre, what the comedy genre should be and that if it is not to his liking he dismisses it because it does not fit into his ideal. More to the point, that I don't give **** about Mr. Arturio **** personal taste because he is **** and **** **** **** **** ****

Rest of of that was censored dear fellow. I dare say it is better to agree to disagree and move on.

I shall now play the role of Mr. Arturio. **** and **** Obviously the rest of that was also censored.

Actually...the amusing part is Arturio did not complain about comedy as a genre. Instead he came here to complain about this show's subject matter and focus is wrong for a comedy. The stupidity of expecting a story out of SoL aside, Whoopiedoo dagashi bores you. Some people seem to enjoy it. Get better at selecting shows next time!

Now, if someone got on a bus that is going to Detroit, then complains to the fellow passengers the said bus has the wrong destination because he wants to go to Boston, all that's left to be said is sir you don't have to pay for your fare because persons with a disability ride for free!
Jan 24, 2016 8:41 PM

Jan 2016
potplant said:
ScotlandYard said:

Actually...the amusing part is Arturio did not complain about comedy as a genre. Instead he came here to complain about this show's subject matter and focus is wrong for a comedy. The stupidity of expecting a story out of SoL aside, Whoopiedoo dagashi bores you. Some people seem to enjoy it. Get better at selecting shows next time!

Now, if someone got on a bus that is going to Detroit, then complains to the fellow passengers the said bus has the wrong destination because he wants to go to Boston, all that's left to be said is sir you don't have to pay for your fare because persons with a disability ride for free!

When then I ever say that, look at the whole quote, " Mr. Arturio is complaining about genre, what the comedy genre should be and that if it is not to his liking he dismisses it because it does not fit into his ideal."

To further clarify here is Arturio quote, "When in comedy you don't want to restrict yourrself on a subject " Now doesn't that sound like he saying what a comedy genre should be?

Now your quote, "Instead he came here to complain about this show's subject matter and focus is wrong for a comedy. " Now doesn't that sound like your saying he is saying what the comedy genre should be?

Now tell me again what's your point?
ScotlandYardJan 24, 2016 8:46 PM
Jan 24, 2016 9:11 PM

Jun 2015
ScotlandYard said:
potplant said:

When then I ever say that, look at the whole quote, " Mr. Arturio is complaining about genre, what the comedy genre should be and that if it is not to his liking he dismisses it because it does not fit into his ideal."

To further clarify here is Arturio quote, "When in comedy you don't want to restrict yourrself on a subject " Now doesn't that sound like he saying what a comedy genre should be?

Now your quote, "Instead he came here to complain about this show's subject matter and focus is wrong for a comedy. " Now doesn't that sound like your saying he is saying what the comedy genre should be?

Now tell me again what's your point?
Potplant had me right on this one, i wasn't expecting a good story. My only complain is the focus on a subject when its a comedy. I agree the humour in this serie is not for my tast and i accept it. When i said a comedy should not restrict himself in one subject i intend that the candy and snack in dagashi doesn't have any reason to be in it, aside from being in the anime name. It doesn't have any weight to the serie you could just take it out having the same thing but with a lot more divers. Usually comedy doesn't take one subject, it can happen but a really good comedy will be about anything
Jan 24, 2016 9:13 PM

Jun 2015
Making joke about one subect is a really weird way to create a comedy around it
Jan 24, 2016 9:23 PM

Jan 2016
Arturio said:
Making joke about one subect is a really weird way to create a comedy around it

I understand and I agree with you many comedies that go into one subject matter is a wee bit odd, but this hooligan was attacking me personally misquoting me so I replied to him directly. At the end of this day all stuff is just fans or non-fans of the show in your case, just does not matter, it is fine conversation for the tavern where we can laugh and have a pint and in my case enjoy a fine pipe tobacco. I bid you adieu.
Jan 25, 2016 3:31 AM

May 2014
Hotaru-chan for candy is what Nozaki-kun is for shoujo manga.
Jan 25, 2016 5:07 AM

Oct 2008
Ha!...haaaa!...haaaaaaaaaaa!!!
I can't take it anymore!
I really wanna fap to Hotaru's very shekushi see-through-bra-because-of-her-sweat! ... by the way, what color is that?
and also by the way Hotaru's common sense is beyond stupid! ... and I love her character because of that!
We all love her right? Hotaru's the slut that we all love! and Kawakami Mai is the slut that we all hate!!! (lol I love to compare!)
5/5!

Jan 25, 2016 8:48 AM
Aug 2015
good episode, but not that fun.
3/5
Jan 25, 2016 7:02 PM

Oct 2013
Grills of the season ♥

Jan 26, 2016 9:38 PM

Dec 2010
This show is never laugh our loud funny. But it is always really entertaining largely because the characters are all so appealing. Plus, it serves a purpose of educating me on Japanese sweets. I'll take all the knowledge I can get, no matter how I get it!
Jan 27, 2016 4:18 AM

Jan 2014
Phew, that was hot.
Can't wait for summer~
Jan 27, 2016 5:12 AM

Jan 2015
Pork bone noodles are a real thing? With real bones?

Have to look out for them.
Jan 27, 2016 3:29 PM
Jul 2018
Again another boring episode I couldn't watch the whole thing since I was falling asleep. Dropped.
Jan 28, 2016 6:57 AM

Feb 2010
HOW could they miss such a great opportunity for a bakemonogatari joke?
Stop the sequels high-ranking stupidity.
Group franchises in Top Anime page.
Because Gintama is just "one" anime and not 5.
Jan 28, 2016 5:43 PM
Oct 2015
FahtahSensei said:

The bones are used for seasoning only. In fact, using animal bones as seasoning is a common practice in Asia & it's not limited to pork dishes. Basically, you improve the taste of the soup by boiling the bones in it.

The bones are usually not served with the food in the dish/bowl. I said usually because in Indonesia there are actually several dishes served with the beef/goat/chicken bones in it.
Jan 29, 2016 3:51 AM

Jan 2015
Ryuutobi said:
FahtahSensei said:

The bones are used for seasoning only. In fact, using animal bones as seasoning is a common practice in Asia & it's not limited to pork dishes. Basically, you improve the taste of the soup by boiling the bones in it.

The bones are usually not served with the food in the dish/bowl. I said usually because in Indonesia there are actually several dishes served with the beef/goat/chicken bones in it.

Interesting. I've encountered what you say a bit, but usually with Chinese dishes, not so much Japanese or Indonesian.
Jan 29, 2016 4:32 AM
Dec 2009
This episode seems like it should have been aired during the summer. I'm sitting here in my freezing Japanese apartment and it's hard to relate to... :/

Dad's speedo was unexpected, lol. The whole pool scene was weird. Diving for candy?
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Who's the best girl of Dagashi Kashi? ( 1 2 )

-Senpai- - Feb 21, 2016

50 by MeguSae38 »»
Aug 22, 12:14 AM

» A third season

HLegend - Apr 19, 2022

7 by Nishin123 »»
Aug 21, 2:45 PM

Poll: » Dagashi Kashi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2016

173 by Doutei-kun »»
Mar 24, 1:08 PM

Poll: » Dagashi Kashi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2016

99 by Doutei-kun »»
Mar 24, 12:40 PM

Poll: » Dagashi Kashi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2016

106 by Doutei-kun »»
Mar 24, 6:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.