Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
May 10, 2015 6:04 AM

Oct 2013
dull, letdown episode after last week's episode tbh. I really, really hope the remainder of the episodes isn't just padding until the inevitable "Isla must die" finale. I expect a bit more from this show.

lol @ post-credits scene though

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
May 10, 2015 6:19 AM

Feb 2014
Omg, that smile. I'm dead now.

And she only has 1 month left and it's only the middle of the series.... let's see how this will go.
May 10, 2015 7:00 AM

Dec 2013
So they decide to do the entire sequence of what happened 3 years ago, but still leave out the most important piece of the puzzle, namely why couldn't Isla back up Kazuki in that previous incident?

That said, this episode was basically recapping the aftermath of last. I don't understand how Souta didn't remember Murcia strangling him to death? You'd figure that would be the only thing he remembered of her after that happened.

Eru.... oh my, she reminds me of a hyperactive monkey. It was hilarious how she dragged Isla along to stalk Tsukasa, and her plea for them to not tell her partner when she got caught... pure gold!

Isla went emo quite a bit this episode, I'm kinda glad she started to figure things out in the end, and seriously the instructions from that book after the ED.... awesome XD

Wonder what sort of cases they'll get before its time to say goodbye. It's like boarding an impending one-way feels train knowing it's gonna mess with your mind n heart, and still getting on anyway.

A month and change... pretty much the amount of time this show has left as well.
HESTIAAPPROVES
May 10, 2015 7:16 AM

Sep 2014
Was an alright episode I suppose. Atleast better than the previous few. But honestly, 6 episodes in, this Anime is just average. I had high hopes after episode 1. But yeah, severely disappointed. Hope it gets better soon.
May 10, 2015 8:09 AM

Aug 2013
OrangeJP said:

Happy Isla is the best Isla

I agree!
My Candies:
May 10, 2015 8:33 AM
May 2015
Impressions and a fresh prediction: http://www.almostmainstream.net/articles/plastic-memories-episode-6-impressions
Shameless plugging a review site I help out with: http://www.almostmainstream.net
May 10, 2015 8:44 AM

Jan 2015
yeah! finally I can see Isla's smile! That was nice one! It seem Isla got her emotions back when she was in charge with Kazuki. Pity Marcia and Souta :(

[b]Adorable!![b]
May 10, 2015 9:05 AM

Oct 2013
I wanted to see more of Zack...
May 10, 2015 9:06 AM

Jun 2014
Vangis605 said:
I'm not sure what this anime is trying to be.

Like almost any VN, a mix of comedy and drama, but the anime format is so short that the author makes bad tone shift.
Thai777May 10, 2015 9:11 AM
May 10, 2015 10:36 AM
Anime Moderator
᠎ Master Öqvily᠎

Aug 2014
41 Days left until the feel train goes.

Forum set made by my
secret santa, Nate!
May 10, 2015 11:43 AM

Jul 2013
mhmm and here I thought Isla smiling like that was an important change of character. Apparently not important enough to warrant tsukasa reacting to her sudden ability to smile... they just brushed that over...
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
May 10, 2015 12:19 PM

Jul 2012
To me it felt like a boring episode. There were some interesting parts here and there regarding Isla's remaining time.
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
May 10, 2015 12:38 PM

Dec 2010
It's beginning to feel a bit like Eureka Seven, and that might be one of the best things I can ever say about an anime series. I love these whole, girl discovers what love is, type of stories. I just hope it doesn't go super tragic!

Also, the post credit scene was great!
May 10, 2015 1:37 PM

Apr 2014
Good to know that Isla is safe :D
Hm...Isla and co. stalk Tsukasa lol.
1,000 more hours until Isla life span end...going to be real sad.
Isla's smiling face is super cute :3
That last scene got me laughing real hard.
Looking forward to next episode!!
May 10, 2015 1:42 PM

Aug 2013
Well now this is turning interesting.

But I have to agree with some people regards to the tone shift is too sporadic, but given that we can't have an anime that is too dark they need to break it up a bit....

Still the entire 10 life cycle makes me wonder are they meant to be used as a sort of medical tool to help those who lost someone recently to recover in some way? Forgive me if this idea had been talked about as I haven't read the past threads here.

L-Ryoshi said:
I don't understand how Souta didn't remember Murcia strangling him to death? You'd figure that would be the only thing he remembered of her after that happened.

Well a few things could have made him that way.

1. R-security and the company explains it was the Black Market dealer who did that to her
2. Explains that going over the time limit causes her to go mad
3. Still in shock and hasn't remembered that part since it would never happen if it was really Marcia (Self-denial)

I would probably put my money on the first two options been the case really, but hey they'll probably leave that part completely open to the viewers imagination to figure that one out.

Still I wonder will at the end of this show when a new Android is introduced it might have some of isla memories inside it as a final good note in this series?

Wait and see really.
May 10, 2015 6:40 PM

Oct 2012
Am I the only one who's really bothered by the way they handled Again and Again in this episode? It always gets cut off in odd places, especially in the scene before the ED. The music builds up to the chorus, and then instantly switches to the ED song. It would have been much more smooth to play the rest of Again and Again.
May 10, 2015 7:52 PM

Apr 2012
Isla smiling :3

lol the Shower scene xD

too bad Marcia can't be saved. :(

now Isla only have 1000 hours left. :(
but glad Tsukasa choice to stay with him until end :)

and the after credit scene XD

May 10, 2015 8:03 PM

Jan 2014
Not gonna lie, that cliffhanger last episode got me nervous, fortunately Isla is fine (YES!!!!) and after going through some very dark experience we return to a more casual atmosphere (albeit still dark with Isla's personal problems around). At the very least Tsukasa has made it clear he wants to stick with Isla, something she needed to hear because she has been always afraid of solitude, or so seem to be very clear at least.

Knowing that she won't be alone during her remaining lifespan brings her so much joy that it is just beautiful to see how happy she gets (even if she becomes downright weird with her approach).

All in all those two bonded in some way and I'm glad. Knowing Isla as much as I think I do, it seems this will be pretty lulzy to see.

PS: Eru's "I got it" at the showers and Isla's "Do you want me?" moments, just made my day =)
May 10, 2015 8:33 PM

Aug 2013
Great episode, to alleviate some of the drama of the last episodes this has great focus on comedy, but with a dose of drama that always appears

It was shown a little of the past of Isla and finally felt determination in Tsukasa, now the anime returned to excite me as the first episodes ..
May 10, 2015 8:33 PM

Aug 2014
AaaaaaKun said:
The weekly massacre continues.

Wow, great editing huh, five seconds in I've already had an emotional whiplash.

There isn't much connection between Isla's past relationship with the red hair and the current situation,

LOL. The reason Isla got split up with her former partner Kazuki is because she screwed up the last time a giftia went rouge, Michiru's father. That's how Kazuki got hurt and why she left. So it makes perfect sense Isla would think about what happened in fear that Tsukasa would leave her as well for putting him in the same situation. I didn't read the rest of your comment but I'm sure it's laughable. Since apparently you're only watching to nit pick rather than enjoy what it is, or just stop watching, Mr. Anime Connoisseur.

The flash back pacing was weird. Could have kept the scenes as they were, but rearranged them as they happened. I also didn't think the tone shifts were bad, it should be expected by now. I mean, that IS the point of the show. Even though Tsukasa is definitely sad, he's trying to put on a happy face so the memories of the time they are alive are good. That should be how everyone looks at there actual lives. Make the best out of every situation you can, even when you're sad, or you may regret it one day. Someone you care about will die one day, so you should just be a melancholic brat about it now, right?
Honoka is my Hero! Click Me!
May 10, 2015 9:26 PM

Sep 2014
This episode was great, a lot of fun. Isla looked super cute and there were several funny and heartwarming moments.

As for what I didn't like:

[*] The cliffhanger at the end of episode 5 turned out to be pretty meaningless. Not a good move imo, they could've showed the rest of the scene with Isla falling. I don't know, some suspense in the episode is fine, but not wrapping it up properly and finishing with a meaningless red herring like that...
[*] The music and mood at the beginning shifted drastically. It should've felt much smoother than that. There was no transition - the music went from "good memories" to "shit hits the fan" as if it were natural. I thought there was a problem with the episode at first, but then I realized it was meant to be that way, odlly enough.
May 10, 2015 9:41 PM
Jul 2018
1 month guys! :'( my kokoro...
May 10, 2015 9:48 PM

Oct 2010
People found out girls are in guy's shower.

The girls get blamed instead of the guy.

Wow mind=blown what is this revelation
May 10, 2015 11:24 PM

Dec 2014
BlurredVision18 said:

LOL. The reason Isla got split up with her former partner Kazuki is because she screwed up the last time a giftia went rouge, Michiru's father. That's how Kazuki got hurt and why she left. So it makes perfect sense Isla would think about what happened in fear that Tsukasa would leave her as well for putting him in the same situation. I didn't read the rest of your comment but I'm sure it's laughable. Since apparently you're only watching to nit pick rather than enjoy what it is, or just stop watching, Mr. Anime Connoisseur.

This is what a good show would do if it wants the viewers to make the connection between the two events and using that to expand Isla's character, instead of just stuffing the middle trunk of the episode with out-of-place comedy and the recent wanderer incident becomes just an excuse to forward the romantic relationship between Tsukasa and Isla. Since the show doesn't bother to show us I just assume it wasn't there in the first place. Just like the black market dealer thing, everything is JUST a plot device. I am enjoying it, in a different way than you do.
May 11, 2015 1:25 AM

Apr 2015
I was honestly pleasantly surprised by this episode, after the show got all serious I felt I had to focus on the logical failings of the system and it just wasn't working for me; I felt disconnected and distant from the show and that made me real sad as this was my most anticipated show of this season.

But this episode, despite the drastic tonal shifts just really drew me back into it. I absolutely _adored_ Isla's adoration of the way Tsukasa dealt with the problems that Micihru had and felt it really represented her struggle, or a way out of it. He's like a glimmer of hope for her and I just found myself giddy every-time she felt the need to stare as to show piqued interest x3. Itwasjustsocuteangeniune.

The show has netted me back in, so I'm happy for that. However I wanna see two sided adoration here; Something like Tsukasa admiring Isla's work ethic and her tenacity. She's shown to be really stubborn and likes to keep trying regardless of the outcome, and considering how clumsy she is that's pretty admirable.

She needs to fill something in his heart damnit. _She's_ got it down but its not a one way street, I want both of them to feel fulfilled by their relationship!

/rant over.

...Isla is cute. <<
May 11, 2015 4:25 AM
Jul 2011
Hahahaha This Is Extremely Hilarious! But I Hope That Tsukasa Does Not Become An Android-holic Or A Giftia-holic.
May 11, 2015 4:42 AM

May 2014
dfsafsaf said:
rsc-pl said:
So beautiful!!!

You want best character to die in the middle of the show?
Your post is disappointing.

for everyone their own I guess...
I find her worthless and think that any other android could be used instead of her and the show would still be the same shit
oh but, if it wouldn't be a cute quiet little girl nobody would watch this

I guess we are all different as you say, but I like her since she is a mysterious character since she is so quiet and doesn't say much. I think these character are much better than the ones that talks very much and can't STFU. At a point they become too annoying lol
May 11, 2015 4:46 AM
Mar 2015
arghh google please define the feeling i currently have now.... T_T 1000 hours
May 11, 2015 4:48 AM

May 2014
Very emotional ep. I loved to see the bond between Tsukasa and Isla-chan, and it's nice to see it grow through each ep.

I am glad she didn't die after seeing this ep., but I would have expected a little more action and drama rather have her avoiding the blast. Maybe the blast could make her a little dysfunctional or something. But getting that cliffhanger and no drama or action behind is a little disappointing.

But still, I think the ep. were nice when we saw Isla-chan smile again. It's gonna be exciting to see what's going to happen and how they end the series. Isla have only 100 hours/approx. 1 month to live. I hope that even if she dies, it will be a more surprisingly death and not a normal death we saw like all the other Androids. ^^
May 11, 2015 4:53 AM

May 2014
mr_sam21 said:
Please don't kill Isla pleasee she is just so kawaii , I don't want another Shigatsu

LOL, haha I feel with ya there. :P
May 11, 2015 4:59 AM

Jun 2014
mangalicker94 said:
mr_sam21 said:
Please don't kill Isla pleasee she is just so kawaii , I don't want another Shigatsu

LOL, haha I feel with ya there. :P

I just got spoiled...
May 11, 2015 7:51 AM

Mar 2015
I expected something more since ep. 1, now I'm still waiting for that moment when thing hits hard ,or the major revealed ,or some turning point which I thought this episode will delivered. But then okay, It's a fine to good episode. We need good moment like this before the feel trip goes down, Hopefully.

May 11, 2015 8:48 AM

May 2014
I really loved this episode it was simply amazing, the soundtrack is really good in this show and it showed that in thia episode.

Loved the Eru moments, and basically everything.
I was laughing and feeling in the same time xD
5/5

May 11, 2015 9:06 AM

Aug 2014
I'm not gonna lie, the episode was kind of touching and definitely enjoyable. However, I'd actually prefer for the show to focus more on the story, Giftias, black market dudes, instead of trying to go the romance route. I mean, I don't mind it, but I'd like it to stay as an occasional subplot. Tsukasa is okay as an MC, and even the tsundere isn't that annoying.

I'm gonna say it now, this better not be another Shigatsu. I like Isla a lot more than Kaori, plus a sad ending really isn't what makes a solid anime, despite many people going by the ''more feels = best anime'' principle.

Still, I'm definitely looking forward to each episode.

4/5
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
May 11, 2015 1:36 PM
Apr 2015
Basicamente foi um bom episódio, eu gostei muito. Ela agora está se apaixonando por ele e ele descobriu que ela só tem 1000 horas, o drama só irá aumentar a cada episódio.
May 11, 2015 1:39 PM

Oct 2014
Well, that escalated quickly...

And we are gonna get a Heartbreak in the end, i am sure...
May 11, 2015 2:57 PM

Jul 2009
How weird things go for me this season. After first eps, Shokugeki no Soma was on the first place for a drop, and Plastic Memories was a sure save. Right now, Soma is one of my most favorite series this season, and Plastic is one time watch without archivisation, or even drop.
May 11, 2015 5:55 PM

Sep 2014
Nice episode, really liked the soundtrack at some Points.

Post-ending scene was great :D

Obviously we are getting feels in the end.. I'm glad that they seem to be covering a lot of time in few eps to be able to put more focus and time on the end of Isla's lifespan.
May 11, 2015 8:15 PM

Jul 2013
Melcookie96 said:
Dem Isla smiles make me feel all fuzzy. :3

+1
fst said:
Eru confirmed best girl.

I like Eru!
May 11, 2015 10:44 PM

Oct 2010
Such a good show. They better bang at the end though, or I will be pissed. I mean, Isla has to use the restroom a lot, so I know she has female organs.
May 12, 2015 9:34 AM

May 2012
Meh episode as usual. This show is a mixed of bad episodes, meh episodes and ok ones. Just the very first one was good.

The anime will keep this mindless pace until the end where Isla has to die and everyone will be sad. She will either be saved and please Isla fans or she'll just die and the anime will have his "epic" drama in the end.

I lost any hope for this anime already.
KaeUBWMay 12, 2015 4:08 PM
I despise woke people.
May 12, 2015 2:55 PM

Feb 2008
Isla's smile... Beautiful.
May 13, 2015 12:14 AM

Aug 2013
I complained a lot about Isla's shitty personality and selfishness last episode, but they managed to pretty much make my opinion do a 180 this episode.

I get her reason for never wanting to abandon her partner now, but she still acts like an idiot. Not realizing she could just cause more trouble.

So Kazuki lost a chunk of her leg after all? It looked like her ankle snapped when she got hit, but I wouldn't have guessed her leg had to be amputated.

After the end of last episode, I kid of had this image in my head of Tsukasa going to Souta and them both crying and Tsukasa apologizing. And then it actually ended up happening exactly as a pictured it...kind of weird, but I liked it.

Isla has a month to live, and Tsukasa is ok with riding the storm out until the very end. Nice.
May 13, 2015 7:07 AM

Oct 2012
Eeergh... so they basically made that cliffhanger from last episode into red herring? And nothing had really happened, right? Even Tsukasa isn't shocked by his first kill anymore and he doesn't feel any remorse with that smile of his (one scene later in the ep doesn't help it)? I kinda expected at least some consequences of that mission but it seems they are concentrating on cliche rabukome, needless fanservice and scenes of Isla clumsiness instead. What a disappointment.

I cringed during those forced melodramatic scenes.
May 13, 2015 9:12 AM

May 2013
Dat Sherry pen throw.

Damn, Isla only has around 1,000 hours left. But Tsukasa made his choice.
And that made Isla smile. (^_^)
"Do you want dinner? Or a bath? Or... Do you... want... me?" Lol, Isla.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
May 13, 2015 3:13 PM

May 2011
Omg, the feels T_T

The last scene before the ED was so touching. Couldn't help but get a bit teary-eyed. Isla's smile is so pretty :D

Couldn't help but smile at the part after the ED ^.^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 13, 2015 3:14 PM
Mar 2014
AaaaaaKun said:
BlurredVision18 said:

This is what a good show would do if it wants the viewers to make the connection between the two events and using that to expand Isla's character, instead of just stuffing the middle trunk of the episode with out-of-place comedy and the recent wanderer incident becomes just an excuse to forward the romantic relationship between Tsukasa and Isla. Since the show doesn't bother to show us I just assume it wasn't there in the first place. Just like the black market dealer thing, everything is JUST a plot device. I am enjoying it, in a different way than you do.

The show hasn't even finished, so how in the world do you think you can predict whether or not the introduced elements are going to matter later on or not?
May 13, 2015 3:26 PM
Dec 2014
Nice episode. Seeing Isla smile was great.

I have a question. The writer of the show is the same as Steins;Gate's right? So I hope this show doesn't keep being this predictable, and we see some plot twists. I mean, so far it looks like the story goes like how we predicted.
May 13, 2015 4:10 PM

Dec 2014
John_h said:

The show hasn't even finished, so how in the world do you think you can predict whether or not the introduced elements are going to matter later on or not?

It's not about whether those elements would make any significant to the story, it's about how they introduce and utilize these elements. Take the private security subplot for example, according to this and the last episode it has some kind of impact on the story, seems like also related to one character's backstory, but do we see any foreshadowing before they suddenly drop the subplot in episode 5, no. But the disposable black market dealer subplot, which the show literally say it's done during the meeting session, it was foreshadowed one episode in advance. If the show doesn't even get the priority of its elements right, and doing a poor job fleshing out these elements without any coherent meaning to the story's universe other than just pure narrative purpose given the evidence we have so far, I don't think the creator put any effort into the story and so there is no reason to believe the show will do a proper job to develop these elements.

Btw it's already half way through the season, they should have already developing any key story elements and seems like the only thing matter is the forceful relationship between Tsukasa and Isla, while we don't even know most of the staff working in the department.
May 14, 2015 5:28 AM
Mar 2014
AaaaaaKun said:
Take the private security subplot for example, according to this and the last episode it has some kind of impact on the story, seems like also related to one character's backstory, but do we see any foreshadowing before they suddenly drop the subplot in episode 5, no. But the disposable black market dealer subplot, which the show literally say it's done during the meeting session, it was foreshadowed one episode in advance.

How does that even matter at all? It makes sense that they haven't mentioned this before, as it was obviously an unpleasant experience for everyone involved and there was no reason for the characters to just dump exposition about their past (actually, quite the opposite is the case, because why would you try and scare the guy who's just joined?). Honestly, it would've been way worse if they had just given us the information without any context. We'll see whether or not this context will matter later on, it could be that they'll take this for the grand finale, who knows? In any case, it's way too early to blame the show for something that it might not even be guilty of. At the moment, your criticism isn't even remotely valid, as it's based off mere assumptions.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Plastic Memories Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2015

536 by NimbleBard48 »»
Sep 14, 5:35 PM

Poll: » Plastic Memories Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2015

207 by leodnz »»
Sep 9, 2:34 AM

Poll: » Plastic Memories Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2015

177 by SolaireSystem98 »»
Sep 4, 3:24 PM

Poll: » Plastic Memories Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2015

159 by SolaireSystem98 »»
Sep 4, 3:23 PM

Poll: » Plastic Memories Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 30, 2015

144 by SolaireSystem98 »»
Sep 4, 3:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.