Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Cardcaptor Sakura Collector’s Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 9, 2009 2:34 PM

Mar 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow I loved this episode. I'm really looking forward to what the next 24 episodes hold I hope they continue to be this good.

Sep 30, 2009 10:36 PM
Sep 2009
i loved it also it was the best i knew she could do it. capture all the cards.
Oct 11, 2009 4:19 PM
Aug 2009
i also like it the ep. when she captured all the clow cards.....^^
Mar 14, 2010 11:36 PM
Sep 2008
well tbh she doesnt get them all as yue takes li so there is 1/3 of em still out there
Mar 23, 2010 3:46 AM

Jan 2008
I liked this episode
I'm looking forward the next episodes ^.^
Jun 2, 2010 7:23 PM

Nov 2009
shade0o said:
well tbh she doesnt get them all as yue takes li so there is 1/3 of em still out there

u forget that this was a test for the new master of the clow cards and guardians so although lee lost his cards those cards were transfered to sakura when she beat yue.

What still buggs me is Clow reed and sakura how are they related? Clow reed was planning on sakura finding the book and sakura being master, so he put certain events that would make sure this happen as coincidences.

Mod edit: spoiler tagged the spoiler
koleareJul 8, 2013 1:18 AM
I think i saw a cookie monster!

No wait, its just death.
Jul 15, 2010 6:07 PM

Oct 2009
best episode so far!
Feb 22, 2011 12:51 PM

Sep 2008
erm erm END???
lol what with the next 24 episodes haha

btw Yue was so cold, yet so cool!
Oct 5, 2012 8:15 PM

May 2010
So no explanation why that Windy worked?
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Oct 7, 2012 11:14 AM
Sep 2011
Confucius said:

I wondered the same thing. Power of Love? I mean Windy was Sakura's first card, and an often used one at that. It must have the strongest bond with her.
Jan 14, 2013 10:33 AM

Nov 2012
definitely teared up when yue accepted her as the master of the cards :3:3
Jan 31, 2013 10:48 PM

Mar 2012
The whole get out of jail free thing was a bit strange. Not my favorite plot point in the whole world. Though I REALLY liked the interlude where I actually thought that she had lost. That would have been EPIC.

Confucius said:

I believe that Windy worked because she upgraded her wand, it had more power than Yue. Remember that Clow said that it was hers, and tied to the power of the stars over the sun or the moon.

So she never used her special spell: "I will definitely be allright?"
I thought that the whole point was that she would say that?

So Ms. Mitzusiki (can't spell still) and Sakura's Brother still need to be explained...
"So say we all" -Battlestar Galactica Ritual Chant
Mar 29, 2013 3:57 PM

Jul 2008
Memnarch1113 said:

So she never used her special spell: "I will definitely be allright?"
I thought that the whole point was that she would say that?

Oh but she did use it. Right when she said it, her wand transformed and upgraded her power over the cards. So Yue supposedly had the power over the cards with a moon on them, that's why Wood and Time attacked Li and Sakura, but when Sakura got her upgrade, it was a greater influential power than what Yue had over the cards and so she easily beat Yue.
Jun 28, 2013 1:27 PM

Dec 2011
Oh SNAP was not expecting Touya. All those flashbacks at the end to recap all the people Sakura met on her adventures, definitely heart-warming. I was smiling like an idiot the whole time.

Memnarch1113 said:
Confucius said:

I believe that Windy worked because she upgraded her wand, it had more power than Yue. Remember that Clow said that it was hers, and tied to the power of the stars over the sun or the moon.

Once the staff transformed into something completely made by Sakura, she was relying solely on her power, not Clow's. Her magic now has greater influence, and therefore Yue has no jurisdiction over something that's not the same as him.
Jul 3, 2013 10:27 PM
Oct 2010
^good point

damn this was great. thought it would end up being that sakura lost and tries to get her memories for the next 20 eps. glad thats not the case.

this ep was pretty fucking bomb. yue so douchey but sakura has a way with words <3

wtf mini clow reed is her classmate :O
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Aug 8, 2013 6:36 AM

Nov 2011
Happy end, lol at Sakura and Shaolan's dance at the end ...
Touya is cool as always ...
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Sep 22, 2013 10:36 AM

Sep 2012
Aww, was hoping for an epic slugfest. But I have to remember, Sakura isn't Nanoha...

But now that she's a "real" magical girl, I can't wait to see what she does and who she battles.

Something else I'm looking forward to: for her to wear the outfits shown in the various OPs.
UnculturedWhiteySep 22, 2013 10:40 AM
Never forget, that if you post a topic, you're not allowed to post in it yourself, by order of MAL administration.
Dec 6, 2013 5:19 AM

Apr 2008
The new staff reminded me of something you would find in Sailor Moon xD.
Mar 24, 2014 5:27 PM

Feb 2014
this ending was so satisfying!!!! shame there are only 24 episodes left, i would've liked to see more of her adventures : <
May 12, 2014 7:51 PM
Oct 2011
shadowxeno said:
shade0o said:

u forget that this was a test for the new master of the clow cards and guardians so although lee lost his cards those cards were transfered to sakura when she beat yue.

What still buggs me is Clow reed and sakura how are they related? Clow reed was planning on sakura finding the book and sakura being master, so he put certain events that would make sure this happen as coincidences.

Mod edit: spoiler tagged the spoiler

There is a reason for that altough it is never revealed in the anime only the manga the reason is
Jul 8, 2014 8:48 AM

Nov 2011
IT IS HERE FOLKS

SHIT IS HITTING THE SKY

NO NO

OH NO NO NO

NO

THINGS WILL NEVER BE THE SAME AGAIN

Fuckin A goddamn fuckers

As a kid, with such a shallow understanding of the world, this episode wouldn't hit as hard as when you've gone through much more shit than Touya and Yukito (considering that you're older than them by this episode lel)

Mastery in full throttle

Haha how's that for TRAGIC MAHOU SHOUJO EH?

ANSWER ME

(though it didn't really happen in reality, the things ANOTHER certain "mahou shoujo" had and twisted it even more only based the entire foundation from this work)

You see

4 > 1

CLAMP Is the winner

With the MADHOUSE on the ringside

Ooohhhh how fulfilling classic anime truly are..............oh my memories......

This is the last time you'll ever hear this opening. Farewell.
Sep 28, 2014 4:13 PM
Nov 2013
Now that all the cards are collected and Sakura became the new master, I wonder what will happen next. Can't wait.
Oct 21, 2014 10:52 PM

Jun 2012
Awesome end! Loved how the wand transformed. But I will miss the old episodes :(

"No matter how far you travel, you can never get away from yourself."
-- Murakami Haruki
Dec 17, 2014 12:07 PM

Jul 2012
It feels like all of the people are amnesia >_>
Ummm.. but ok Sakura back to the real world :D

Jan 6, 2015 1:23 AM
Aug 2011
I guess the whole repetitive Tokyo Tower scenario ended a little bit too quickly and slightly anticlimactically in the grand scheme of things but I still really loved it.

Sakura is just so endearing this show has truly become a new favorite of mine.
Jan 30, 2015 1:00 AM

Feb 2008
After 45 episodes of hyping the Tokyo Tower battle, it sure ended kinda anticlimactically, mostly true the power of Deus Ex Machina. They should have just added a DEM card haha.

What kinda bothers me is that this could have been a good point to tend the show. Now there are full 24 episodes of new stuff, despite the so-called plot having ended now. I just hope it's no more card gathering, I don't want a Johto arc.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Feb 19, 2015 2:50 PM

Mar 2012
Really curious how this will continue onwards.
Jun 13, 2015 10:19 PM
May 2015
The most illogical (read worst) episode till. First Sakura lost but then thanks to Mizuki, she got another chance and then she win. Well, then why Mizuki don't use her power when Syaoran lost? We see that use of clow cards wasn't the main thing winning against Yue. And who the hell is Mizuki? During final judgement no one can enter between Yue and the candidate (Sakura can't help Syaoran as we see in the previous episode) but how Mizuki was able to enter between Yue and Sakura? It doesn't sence at all. Don't know the ending of capturing clow cards come to this bad end, although it was a happy ending that's a good side. But I will be pleased if someone answer me the above questions.
Aug 16, 2015 4:21 AM
May 2013
I remember Cardcaptor Sakura being a anime about a mahou shoujo and a winged guy with white hair (Yue) , that's one of the few things I remember from when I saw it 1st time almost 15 years ago .
Though I disliked CCS as a kid before Yue appeared, I feel the last 24 episodes are going to be good .
Jan 12, 2016 1:05 PM

Apr 2015
well that was nice.

AHHHH, I wanted a cool fight scene. It didn't have to be violent or like some shonen, but I wanted at least some skill involved. instead of sakura getting the crap beat out of her and then winning with... how did she win? feelings? I guess it was love. and stars somehow. She could have used the shield to block some attacks and fight to evade attacks and then when she tried to use wood she gets trapped and does the whole transformation thing.

I still like this anime. I guess it is kinda a kids anime. its also kinda aimed at girls too. If i had watched this when I was young i would be all nostalgic watching this now but instead i'm just expecting too much out of it. so I'm taking a break after this episode to go watch something badass. then i'll come back here for some lighthearted cuteness. This doesn't get all dark later on like madoka magica does it?

My thoughts while watching

3:04 finally, the confrontation that has been building up in those dreams through the past 20 episodes. its a serious opponent for once and not some magical fairy like card that half seems like its just playing around.

6:08 OMG, use the shield already!

10:27 Well, I guess it makes sense that she lost. Its not like she ever had to work that hard to get the cards. she hasn't faced a serious opponent. she hasn't really trained. Kerberos never really taught her anything until she needed to know about the card she was having trouble with. He should have taught her about the cards so that she knew what to do in case he wasn't there. and that whole moon card vs. sun card would'a been helpful.

11:30 Wait, so she actually lost? WHAAAAT? I never expected that something BAD would actually happen! What is she going to do now? Is this where sakura and shaoran actually get together? both of them have forgotten about yukito and the void of forgotten memories yet unforgotten feelings makes them come together and they find clues to what they forgot and go through an epic struggle to regain everyone's forgotten love? This maybe has finally gotten seriously interesting.

11:50 aww, thats so sad.
13:46 Wait, so how many people forgot their loved one? The whole world? that would totally wreck everything! every single married couple would fall apart! maybe it is just the people around Sakura. It seems like she was one of the most loved and when everyone forgot, she was forgotten the most so now she is all alone.

14:35 So did her brother love someone else more? or is this something he is doing now because he kinda forgot about his sister complex?

16:02 I don't get what is going on. is she trying to remember or is something magical happening?
16:53 oh, something magical.
17:10 WAIT, THAT WAS ALL A DREAM??
17:45 er... really? so she was here this entire time to do the restart spell? a restart seems a little lame. I'm kinda disappointed. I guess it makes sense. It does seem kinda far fetched for her to try and undo everything herself after losing. And now that she knows what she has to lose she will have a massive power spike and win with the power of feelings and everyone will be happy and yue will have a change of heart because her feelings will break through to him.

18:12 seals? what seals? how does she know how to release them?
18:25 because magic. I guess.
18:31 or that... lol. guess that is one way to "release" the seals. pretty simple.
18:42 OOHHH, THAT'S THE WAND!! I forgot about that. that is the wand she has in the pictures. I remember people talking about magical girl "transformations" this must be one of them.
19:23 Well that was kinda cool. still no skill involved but it was kinda epic.
19:51 so maybe she will get better in the later episodes.
21:03 so all the cards were going crazy on purpose? I had thought that it seemed kinda silly for the cards do that. I had my suspicions that they were all just testing her and I think this confirms it.
21:40 power of the stars... wonder how that works. maybe figure of speech? oh well, its magical girl anime logic. this isn't something i'm supposed to think about. GO STAR POWER!!
22:36 So who is Mizuki anyways? was she the previous magical girl?
24:11 and of course everything goes back to normal.

Whoa! this is the most i've ever written in a comment. Does this mean i'm thinking about this anime too much?
May 25, 2016 9:28 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
So what exactly was Mizuki's role? Help out Sakura only? 2

And in the end Windy is the card that beats Yue. Sakura's oh so go to card. I certainly liked how in the end Sakura got herself her own power and she stopped Yue. It really was sad when Sakura was told she'd lose memories of the one she loves.

Feb 19, 2017 6:51 PM

Nov 2011
Ehhhh.

I'll be frank... that was less than I had hoped for. There were way too many unexplained developments that wound up coming across as deus ex machinas. CCS's magical system/combat has always seemed to be more substantive than merely relying on who has the greater raw magical power, like in, say, Sailor Moon.

I'm not going to cry foul over Sakura's battle performance. She's never had to face a tough opponent in a situation of this sort. She's never trained. Keroberos has never taught her the difference between sun-based magic and moon-based magic to prepare her for this.

So, underperforming in terms of prowess is to be expected, although I would have appreciated a bit of quicker thinking in terms of obvious stuff. Shield's usage was absurdly obvious in some of those cases, for example, and she could have at least buffed herself a bit with Power and Fighter.

Setting all of that aside, I was okay with her loss, and I was even okay with (and somewhat surprised by) her apparent complete loss when the lost feelings were shown. I would have even been okay with said total loss being a dream and Sakura somehow snapping out of it and, through sheer magical ability, freeing herself from the vines.

The bell with Kaho felt very sloppy; there being no explanation at all for Sakura's awakening would have been better than the bell, to be honest, because the context makes no sense. Nobody is supposed to be able to interfere with Yue's judgement, making Kaho's intervention hard to swallow, and there suddenly being a bell that Clow Reed passed down to give a potential Card Master (or Sakura specifically?) another chance came completely out of nowhere.

Further, the whole "release the seal" thing... again, I feel like this is a case where it would have been better to not say anything, because it just makes the development look sloppier than it would otherwise. Sakura's magical power manifesting in its greatest form yet and transforming the rod is completely okay in my opinion; however, Kaho's call to "release the seal" seems to imply Sakura was doing something specific and completely unexplained. Whereas I wouldn't have thought as much of it had Sakura's true power simply manifested as "star magic" rather than "sun magic" or "moon magic", Kaho's call just had me wondering what the heck star magic was supposed to be, how that's related to some seal, how Kaho knows anything about it, etc. etc. etc.

I dunno; like, just completely remove Kaho from this scenario and that alone would've made it a lot better even if it was still anticlimactic in some senses. It would've felt more like Sakura earned this development.

So... eh. It was still okay I guess, but again, I wanted more than that.
TripleSRankFeb 19, 2017 6:54 PM
Mar 26, 2017 5:08 PM

Dec 2014
This felt like it could've been the end of the series so I'm curious what the rest of the show's going to be about.
Jun 29, 2017 12:31 AM

Aug 2007
Clow Reed is a deceptively complex guy. I can't remember how much it goes into his background. (I haven't watched this since I was starting high school, so I don't know if I'm jumbling general information I've read, manga only, or what.) But it's really interesting. It also reminds me I really need to watch Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle and xxxHolic @@;

Aug 16, 2017 9:33 AM

Jul 2011
While at least there are 2 or 3 mysteries left, the episode concluded most - Yukito, the Clow Cards, etc. I tend to not question the illogical that might have happened but the explanations above are a nice way to add to the experience. 45 Episodes!! This is a very good show!
Aug 23, 2017 12:16 PM

Nov 2011
This episode was weeirrd. The random singing and spinning was unnecessarily corny. And it says "End" at the end of the episode. Liiiiess. What does it mean.
Nov 18, 2017 1:15 AM

Dec 2016
I always though Sakura was going to plummet but thankfully it was the jump card leading her to Yue.

Ouch Sakura is taking a real beating.

Ah I thought it was a dream, Sakura managed to get through that little hurdle.

So Mizuki is a friend after all, helped Sakura out.

Awesome, new power and an upgraded staff/wand

Ok she beat Yue and is now the master, what happens from now on though is the big question.

Touya knew something was up with Yukito all along, well he did knew the difference between the real Sakura and the mirror one.

We get our first look at Clow himself.
Nov 23, 2017 7:16 AM

Apr 2009
To be honest, this show should have ended here.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 9, 2018 9:09 AM

Nov 2011
If the anime series had always been so compelling and enjoyable in all these episodes seen so far, it would have certainly had a more disruptive impact on the viewer. Narration really good, now I understand the differences noted in the prologue and the beginning of the series 2018. So now the cards are from Sakura and no more than Mr. Clow, wow!
Apr 26, 2019 8:55 AM

Jun 2015
Holy moly, that was intense. But that conclusion was a bit underwhelming
Jul 30, 2019 1:24 AM

May 2016
Seeing Sakura get so beat up by while she helplessly tried to find a way to restrain him painlessly only for it to backfire really badly on her before finding out that everyone she knew and loved will completely forget their feelings towards those they loved the most because of her failure was very hard to watch. When SONG came in singing with Tomoyo's voice and the camera started spinning around Sakura with empty silhouettes of her loved ones filling up her loneliness, I cried super hard. Like, SUPER hard.

Even though Mizuki was hyped as a mysterious villain the whole time, I was very happy and surprised that she ended up being the one who gave Sakura the second chance she needed. It's great that the two guardians are able to revert back to their original forms and continue having fun together with Sakura and Pals as she continues to grow to be someone who's as powerful as Clow.

Jun 9, 2020 8:58 PM

Apr 2008
It was definitely anticlimactic seeing that Tokyo tower scene so many times and being discussed so many times. A bit weird that Kero didn't teach Sakura much about who Yue was until literally the ep before this one.

The wiped out memory scenes got to me though, love how they went through the flashbacks.

I'm still a bit confused why Mizuki needed to be there.. Hope that next couple episodes cover these areas and there is not too much filler content.
Aug 31, 2020 10:53 PM

Apr 2012
I HAVE BEEN WAITING THROUGH LIKE 20 EPISODES TO FIGURE OUT WHY THE TEACHER HAS BEEN SO OMINOUS AND IT WAS JUST TO GIVE SAKURA ANOTHER LIFE WHILE FIGHTING YUE WTF ?????????

The part where she had the vision of if she had lost was just like Evangelion lmao

Also Yue is so mean TT

May 5, 2021 9:20 AM

Aug 2018
Em.. So what is the purpose of this judgment?.. I don't see any so far..
Oh, new staff looks cute.. ;P
Wait a minute.. So all judgement was because Moon-san needed to accept Sakura as her master?.. Really?.. ;D Yue, you don't look like someone, who can bond only through battle.. ;D Like, there are other ways, you know.. Like, I don't know.. Grab some chips and play some games, or watch some anime, or something.. ;D You're very conservative about the ways you trust someone, Yue, lol.. Don't you have any hobbies or interests in life, or something?..
I like how star in her staff makes sense.. That yeah, they (stars) are not too powerful.. But what they can do - shine themselves.. ;P Sounds beautiful in a way.. ;P
Jun 2, 2021 7:26 PM

Jun 2014
Kaho's purpose was to give Sakura a second chance in case she lost. It's a good thing that she had that, because she beat Yue the second time around, and is now the confirmed master.

I wonder what's going to happen now?

Jun 30, 2021 3:10 PM

Jan 2021
Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Aug 12, 2021 6:44 PM
Mar 2020
In the grande scheme of things and the hype of the Tokyo Tower battle, it sort of ended okay. It didn't feel like the ending was worth to what the creators made it seem out to be but it was still pretty good.

But one question remains...who is Mizuki?
Dec 27, 2021 7:31 PM

Jul 2020
The tone has changed dramatically, now I'm more interested
May 9, 2022 8:38 PM

Oct 2021
What a journey so far, this feels like a proper conclusion. The Tokyo Tower battle could have been longer and used more cards but still, the ending was touching with the montage.

I was hoping Li-kun would give all his cards to Sakura before the fight, like he did in the Dream card episode. That would have been nice and very cute imo.

Mizuki sensei is still a mistery, and Touya knew it all since the beginning, that is why he would always find jobs near where Sakura was.

Clow Reed is interesting, I guess.

Really curious about the next episodes tho, I wonder what kind of adventures Sakura will find herself in next!
GarouWolfMay 9, 2022 8:42 PM
Jun 13, 2022 9:59 PM

Feb 2021
I never thought I'd yell out "FUCK YEAH!" at a show like this, but I did and am not ashamed of it, when Sakura leapt back into the fight and was released from the vines, that is certainly a moment worthy of a "FUCK YEAH!" Excellent episode
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cardcaptor Sakura Episode 10 Discussion

enkil - Jun 27, 2009

46 by owonism »»
Yesterday, 5:04 PM

Poll: » Cardcaptor Sakura Episode 42 Discussion

xxjanism - Aug 9, 2009

35 by k-angel »»
Sep 22, 7:29 PM

Poll: » Cardcaptor Sakura Episode 41 Discussion

SaraHussein - Mar 21, 2010

26 by k-angel »»
Sep 22, 7:06 PM

Poll: » Cardcaptor Sakura Episode 39 Discussion

SaraHussein - Mar 22, 2010

36 by k-angel »»
Sep 22, 3:35 PM

Poll: » Cardcaptor Sakura Episode 59 Discussion

gohdan - Apr 26, 2010

28 by Meldemort »»
Sep 22, 2:50 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.