Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Cells at Work!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 14, 2021 9:31 AM
Jul 2018
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
episode 2 of hataraku saibou season 2 is here!

lmao memory cell having visions, he looks like he’s going insane. pretty nice take on vaccines. those blue shark-looking germs were so damn retarded, they were funny. also, learned something new watching this, didn’t know the peyer’s patch thing existed, this show is actually quite educational.
Jan 14, 2021 9:32 AM

Jul 2017
Acquired Immunity. This scene alone, the Memory Cell only serves to remember dreams...abnormal dreams of mumps, and [s]future[s] past memory foretelling.

The invasion of mump cells, that's a hard thought of THAT many antigen virus for the Neutrophils to hold back. I remember having mumps back as a kid, and it's NOT a delightful virus to have in your mouth, causing epidermic parotitis.

So what Memory Cell remembered is an injection/vaccination of some kind, of course, for immunity. Thank heavens that B Cell rose to the occasion, and all that fault lies with Memory Cell.

Peyer's Patch. And this time, Campylobacter germs are the true culprit, this could cause potential intestine issues. A societal caste system they want for their own kin, but U-1146 not thinking things through and leaning to the enemy's will, the plan to fake their actions, that's a well-thought one to bait and round them all. An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth.

Certainly wasn't expecting M Cell as the immune bartender, what a plot well played.

Heh, another enjoyable episode. Sad that this will only get 8 episodes due to less content from the manga (and some already covered in the movie).
KANLen09Jan 16, 2021 5:57 AM
Jan 14, 2021 9:32 AM

Apr 2019

Memory cell remembers the MUMPS! Those fat cheeked mumps got destroyed, they didn't stand a chance. Campylobacters attacking the small intestine, their leader is such a tyrant cell, taking hostages casually like that. But the campylobacters were way too gullible though! They fell right into the Peyer's Patch.

smh Hakkekkyuu. You left all the red blood cells waiting for you to bring them their tea.

Jan 14, 2021 9:36 AM
Sep 2015
The first part "acquired immunity" doesn't quite explain humanity's latest vaccine technology mRNA, instead of introducing weakened or inactivated germ, it introduce only the germ's “spike protein” instead, which might be metaphorred in anime as germ's weapon.

And the second part is where I ship Killer T-cell and White Blood Cell ;)
Jan 14, 2021 9:45 AM

Jul 2017
Killer T-Cell witnessing goofy hostaged WBC moments, lol.

Great teamwork from the whole squad trapping those cells in the end, how did it feel? There's nothing fair both in human world or in cell world.

And I love how those RBC still waiting for him even after all this time lmao.
Jan 14, 2021 9:50 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Hahaha they really got them with the Peyer's patch xD it was a nice plan to be honest, really fun episode
Jan 14, 2021 9:55 AM

Nov 2016
There couldn't have been a better timing for this episode. Great as always, gotta love the creativity.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 14, 2021 10:32 AM

May 2020
The white cells are the funniest and cutest cells, while also being pretty tough ^^
Never knew Peyer's patches were actually fake bars with a bartender M cell!
Jan 14, 2021 10:59 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Great episode! I've learnt both these segments during my final year doing Biology but the creativity that this show exudes just makes it so much more interesting and worthwhile.

Memory Cell got a step ahead of himself and totally messed it up, lol. Nice to see Macrophage whipping some arse though, always a pleasure to see that. B cell's got quite the weapon too.

Lymphatic nodes and M cells next up. Lol, that "M" though. Well played, White Blood Cell-san. Bartender setting was a nice setting too, got to say. "What can only one of you do against us?" - Boy, the despair in the expressions the next second is gold!

Time for Code Black now.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jan 14, 2021 11:00 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
The opening and the visuals really make an excellent combination. Damm the mumps really are multiplying pretty rapidly. Macrophage is as deadly elegant as ever. But the reveal of the solution to the mumps sure was dramatic. The small intestine huh interesting place to work indeed. Campylobacter sure had one hell of a huge dream though. The ambush at the immune tissue sure was fun. An entertaining and educational ep as always with some pretty creative set pieces as well.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 14, 2021 11:04 AM

Sep 2019
The bartender part was great but there weren't any platelets in this episode :(((((
Jan 14, 2021 11:32 AM
Jul 2018
the first half of the episode is very relevant to the current events, i wonder if it was intentional or just a lucky coincidence hmmm
Jan 14, 2021 12:09 PM

Jul 2013
Silly campylobacters, you should never trust someone who sounds like Aizen. Well, they deserved it anyway.
Jan 14, 2021 1:38 PM
Aug 2020
Bit of a shame that Decim's voice actor already voices the main character, otherwise he would have been perfect for the role as the barkeeper cell.
Jan 14, 2021 1:43 PM

Apr 2018
Memory Cell with his vision and thought that was the future was hilarious af. Turned out to be the past. I really liked how they explained Vaccines and how they work.

I never knew there was something called Peyer's Patch in our body systems. Overall a really good ep.
Jan 14, 2021 1:52 PM

Apr 2015
Honestly confused when this is actually suppose to air... but never mind that.

What a great comedic episode again, White blood cells stole the show and I just love how silly they were by trying to lure the Campylobacter into a trap, simply amazing.

Loved that Bartender of the Peyer's Patch though, such a fitting voice per usual!
Jan 14, 2021 3:53 PM

Jun 2017
If I remember correctly in the first season there was a scene were the owner of the body got a shot against...something so it was a nice callback to that now defeating the mumps.
Jan 14, 2021 4:01 PM
Oct 2019
so does it air every saturday or every friday?
Jan 14, 2021 4:18 PM

Dec 2020
What was with all the prophecy stuff? You're a memory cell. Remembering is your thing, not prophecizing. Very current events, too, with the Corona vaccine.

Ooo, Peyer's Patches are something I didn't know about.
Jan 14, 2021 6:15 PM

Jan 2020
The memory cell is immortal? Does anyone know how long they live?

Something interesting about this chapter, you receive the vaccine as a child if I remember correctly, that is to say that the body of this series has received its first attack of mumps, we are talking about a very young body compared to hataraku saibou black, I calculate it between about 5 to 20, because I already had cancer cells ... really that has had me thinking for a long time, what will be the age of the bodies where the cells live?

Humans may have two eyes, but we can only see one thing
Don't use the scores to see an anime
ええい! なんでも やって やる
Jan 14, 2021 6:50 PM

Dec 2016
The White Cells are so clever they even lead that virus to a trap *-* As expected from our Neutrophils! Also, those tears killed me XD

Great episode! So next episode will be about acne, our greatest enemy. I am very curious to know how it will turn out >.>

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Jan 14, 2021 7:22 PM

Feb 2014
Boring episode, memory cell with alzheimer? and the second part took forever to finish.
Jan 14, 2021 7:22 PM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
Wait, so we were all trashing on memory cell for his shit memory, but to be fair he did kind of sense mumps were coming.
Jan 14, 2021 7:31 PM

Oct 2008
M Cell is Aizen's voice! hurray!!
it's a shame S2 is only getting 8 episodes...hope there's more in the future at least then author resumes from hiatus be is like OVA or something like a movie...
I'm quite intrigued for the next episode because the next virus is the one that i actually got in real life! 2nd strain even!
5/5.

Jan 14, 2021 7:33 PM

Jan 2017
Nice to see an animated representation of how vaccinations work, this should be shown to the anti-vax people kek

So there's a trap in our intestines to lure bacterium eh, very interesting
Jan 14, 2021 7:42 PM
Apr 2020
Vaccines work y'all! The body was able to clear the mumps virus because they received a vaccine.

Peyer's patches and M cell have Death Parade vibes. lol

Jan 14, 2021 8:39 PM

Oct 2017
Lol memory cell was asking for it. He was kinda annoying so it was fun to watch him get kicked. Also they went Omae wa mou shindeiru on the poor germs lol.

He's not you Sekkekkyu so ofc he didn't get lost.
Jan 14, 2021 10:59 PM

Mar 2016
It's so weird seeing vaccination animated. lol

Memory T cell and his partner were hot. And so were some of the white blood cells. This anime makes me make some pretty weird sentences.

I'm sad this'll only have 8 episodes. I wish they didn't have a film adaptation. Maybe that would have given them more content for this anime.
Jan 14, 2021 11:32 PM
Nov 2020
curvedtree said:
Boring episode, memory cell with alzheimer? and the second part took forever to finish.
But still, for the pace I think it's good they cover 2 topics. Keeps things more interesting.
ぴえん超えてぱおん
Jan 15, 2021 2:34 AM
Jun 2017
A VERY TIMING EPISODE...

THE 1ST PART IS ALL ABOUT VACCINES AND ACQUIRED IMMUNITY... I just love how they have explained in simple terms the ways on how vaccine has been working to our body...

MAGA AND ANTI VACCINE people right now after watching the first part are DISLIKING THIS EPISODE ALREADY...

The second part is all about the immune system happening in our digestive system. nice...

NEXT EPISODE WILL BE AN INTERESTING ONE AS ITS COMMON IN OUR COUTRY (Dengue) and one of teens problems (Acne)
Jan 15, 2021 2:53 AM

Nov 2013
Great fun episode. Especially good after ep2 of spinoff.
Jan 15, 2021 3:58 AM

Jun 2019
Nicely executed plan by the Peyer's Patch. Enjoyed the episode. There were some funny moments as well.
Jan 15, 2021 4:55 AM

Feb 2014
This episode was really good and an improvement over the previous one.

Memory Cell and his "prophecy" issues did make for some good laughs while the equally amusing mumps were on the attack, but at least he got his act together with the help of B Cell.

The episode also did a nice job in the explanation of vaccinations and the effectiveness of it. Anti-vaxxers must be crying their eyes out now!

The second half of the episode was also great, as the WBC crew, led by our favourite U1146, made for the funniest moments with their goofiness to fool the Campylobacters into the trap of the Peyer's Patch. M Cell having the voice of Aizen was a nice bonus, too. =)

After all of that, U1146 then realised that he kept RBC waiting all this time, so I don't blame him for panicking at the end. XD
Jan 15, 2021 6:14 AM

Oct 2016
Very educational episode, anti-vaxxers should fucking watch this episode lmao.

The second half of the episode was hilarious, those campylobacters were screwed from the start. M cell sounds bad ass as fuck, that last supper line was cool. WBC forgot bout the tea lmao. I do miss some red blood cell screentime though.
Jan 15, 2021 6:24 AM
Apr 2019
Memory Cell is relevant now to this time of Pandemic. It shows a background on how we acquire immunity through vaccination, which is important now. Loved this episode! I wish it could be longer like 12 episodes.
Jan 15, 2021 7:08 AM

Dec 2010
Part 1
Lots of Memory cell (Nakamura) screen time.

OMG the second part.
Hayami Show with his awesome deep voice as M cell. As as others have said, never trust a guy who sounds like Aizen.
Please show up more.

The OP/ED is starting to get to me esp. the ED by ClariS.
Jan 15, 2021 3:06 PM

Jul 2012
Another great episode this week I just can't get enough of this show. Both parts were good but the second made me laugh extra hard.
"In the past few months since we met, I've shared many memories with Nagato. Though I've also shared memories with Haruhi, Asahina-san and Koizumi, I found that I've experienced more events with Nagato in particular. In fact, every situation seems to involve her. I might as well mention this, she's probably the only person to cause the bell within me to shake the most vigorously..." ~ Kyon, TMOSH
Jan 15, 2021 7:24 PM
Aug 2019
My dude is getting dengue fever next week lmao. How is he alive
Jan 16, 2021 7:43 AM
Oct 2019
It's quite interesting, so we got 2 topic per episode now??

I love the first one with Immunity, good timing for us in the world right now to learn more about how vaccine works, if only the Memory Cell could remember the Antigen faster lol...

Second half was about Peyer Patch, absolutely no idea this thing are exists in our body..

Next week episode is also have an interesting topic Dengue and Acne... Educated me more...
Jan 16, 2021 7:50 AM

May 2016
Sooo, how crucial to the plan was that the cells dress up as crates and baskets of food? Or is that just something everybody agreed they enjoy doing, while watching the M Cell being smooth?
Jan 16, 2021 12:13 PM

Jul 2016
Another nice episode. I personally didn't know we had something called "Peyer's Patch" in our system so in that regard, it was a pretty informative second half.
Jan 16, 2021 12:22 PM

Mar 2017
That vaccine segment was very well timed haha I love Memory Cell and how he just melts down every time he thinks 'the end of the world' is coming... dude if you just do your damn job everything will be fine! haha

The second segment about the Small Intestines just blew my mind; our bodies are just amazing!
Jan 16, 2021 7:19 PM

Jun 2015
phantomfandom said:
The first part "acquired immunity" doesn't quite explain humanity's latest vaccine technology mRNA, instead of introducing weakened or inactivated germ, it introduce only the germ's “spike protein” instead, which might be metaphorred in anime as germ's weapon.

Well pointed out. I think they just wanted to keep it simple
Jan 16, 2021 8:04 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
This second episode held more biologic knowledge than the first one. Beside the famous vaccination and the acquired immunity typical scenes for the first part. Its just too easy if T-cell memories just remembered all of his memories. However, the show needed to make them took into a more slow route, right? The second was surprisingly make me enlightened with all of those new knowledge. Lol. Good shit.

Yeah, its a new course for me. Because they somehow get lost to their trip onto the small intestine, only to encountered another annoying antigen. They actually pretty smart, caught some intestine cell as their hostage. However, still, poor that bacterias, got fooled out because of dumb moron like wbc-1446 and his surrendering acting. Its worthy enough to lured them out into one of the Peyer's patch and slaughtering them all. Rip xd.

I am honestly miss the rbc-chan full screen time, as how her new daily lifes as a senpai. She really got a snippet scene all the time. Lol. Lets see if HanaKana get a full dialogues the next episode....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jan 17, 2021 8:29 AM

Feb 2012
For a lesson on vaccines, they chose to feature mumps as that's one of the earliest humans get, so Memory Cell took a while to recognise them..

Also notice that the Macrophage and Neutrophils have a different hairstyles during the flashback scene.

So there's a trap for bacteria in or small intestines, interesting.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jan 18, 2021 6:17 AM

Feb 2011
This show has so many good voice actors in it.. its awesome!

Who voiced M-cell? sounded so familiar.. Maybe sugita tomokazu?

Jan 19, 2021 1:56 AM

Jan 2011
Anti-vaxxers btfo.
Jan 20, 2021 8:11 PM
The Madaora

Aug 2016
I don't know if it's just me, but season 2 feels different from 1. It's not a bad thing, I enjoyed this episode, but the characters and atmosphere feel slightly off to what I'm used to, more so each episode, am I just loosing it since it's been so long? lol
Feb 1, 2021 10:45 AM

May 2018
This episode was actually really funny! I liked it a lot, both skits were very good.
Feb 13, 2021 8:36 AM
Sep 2012
We need to show the first half of this episode to all the anti-vaxxers
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hataraku Saibou!! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

yvsei - Feb 25, 2021

109 by hanakocheeks »»
Sep 20, 2:47 AM

Poll: » Hataraku Saibou!! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

yvsei - Jan 28, 2021

68 by hanakocheeks »»
Sep 19, 12:54 AM

Poll: » Hataraku Saibou!! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - Jan 7, 2021

103 by hanakocheeks »»
Sep 18, 7:39 AM

Poll: » Hataraku Saibou!! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2021

60 by PokefanPT »»
Jul 3, 6:29 AM

Poll: » Hataraku Saibou!! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Feb 11, 2021

59 by PokefanPT »»
Jun 30, 10:57 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.