Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 4, 2020 1:49 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah, we're reaching the climax to this big arc.

Asta is still acting like a fool which is kinda funny considering how much he's come. I like how Nero is just observing him. But yeah, about these big fights concluded against the elves. Asta will have to get used to Nero in her human form. She's still teasing him even in this timeline LOL. Sorry Noelle
Feb 4, 2020 4:13 AM
Jan 2017
that was a great arc i've seen in a while

and the ending was in the best way possible to finish this arc

i wish they give asta a scene of appreciation somthing like (The leaders talk about him or tell him he did well) he deserves it

the plot twist after the ed song made me hype and crazy xD can't wait to next week to know what happened
Feb 4, 2020 4:20 AM
Dec 2010
This show is one of the few examples of steady, gradual improvements over many episodes. Compared to the start of the show the quality has drastically gone up. It went from a really mediocre filler show that I used to pass the time, to one I actually look forward to each week. The characters are all fleshed out now and the world building paid off.

It's a shame that so many people gave up on it early on, although it's understandable. I can only hope it maintains this level of hype and consistency for many episodes to come.
Feb 4, 2020 4:21 AM

Sep 2013
What now, the manga is really close to this isnt it?
Feb 4, 2020 4:23 AM

Dec 2018
Seems some of the midnight sun gang will be an ally for the Clover kingdom. And Valtos and Rades will still be an enemy.

I knew it, there's no way, Yuno is Licht's son.

What's up with Raia's hair ? Turned white and black randomly...

Well this means that no characters died in this arc, but brings more characters.

Oh crap, Julius might as well be immortal if he can do that.
Kish0Feb 4, 2020 4:28 AM
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Feb 4, 2020 4:29 AM

May 2013
Sad Seeing Nero and First Wizard King part ways and I already know Julius is alive but I'm curious on how he will sound like new VA maybe?
Feb 4, 2020 4:37 AM
Sep 2015
Julius is like omnipotent being, with the ability to control time, I think he might be the greatest Wizard King of all time, easily surpassing the first Wizard King.

Though I still root for Yami, purely based on his sexy muscles LOL.

And with this 120 episodes I feel like I just witness the epic saga coming to a close, but wait, there's more! Even though we're near manga now, maybe filling arc or pause? But I don't want to pause, I want to watch this forever!
Feb 4, 2020 4:52 AM

Oct 2017
A very fulfilling and emotional episode to end this arc. The farewell for both Licht and Lumiere were touching.

Also yay Julius is alive and those wanting an explanation if u havn't noticed the forshadowing yet then wait for the next episode.
Feb 4, 2020 5:01 AM

Nov 2016
Great episode to wrap up the arc. Loved all the little interactions when everyone met up. This is one of the big strengths of having such a large cast, it's just full of life. Thinking back, it's crazy how much these characters have grown on me.

And then it was farewell time. First the elves aside from Patri who has to atone for his sins. It was kinda sad and at the same time I'm rather happy that they could move on in peace. So yeah, it was quite emotional. Same for Lumiere parting away;_; Can't remember the last episode that went into the feels like this one. In my mind I had already finished it and was thinking, puuh that was some good stuff, but I wasn't ready for what came next.

Holy fuck! I guess many will hate the fact that Julius is still alive, meanwhile I'm just "Yes, we can keep our favorite magic maniac" Very delighted about this turn of events.

5/5 again

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 4, 2020 5:01 AM

Jan 2008
The two devils meet and chat. I was definitely looking forward to this part and was not disappointed.

Matyyy said:
What now, the manga is really close to this isnt it?

Yes and no. There's a section that was glazed over in the manga that is almost guaranteed to have added filler/padding because it'd be nice to have things explained a little better. So likely that'll be it's own mini-arc to help the manga get a little farther ahead.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Feb 4, 2020 5:29 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Pretty good finale to tie up this huge arc! It's been up and down honestly from start to finish but the final few episodes have been on-point so that's a big plus.

And we're seemingly off to the next too, maybe. Julius in teen form? For some reason, that black miasma and just the whole direction of that scene is giving me a really nasty feeling. Could Julius somehow be under control by a third party or is he hiding something? Jeez, hopefully I'm just barking at the wrong tree here. I wonder if magic addiction is a real trend between Wizard Kings though, lol.

Damn, that meeting between the two demons though. Just who/what exactly is inside Asta?

Anyway, on to the meaty part of the episode now. Nero and the first Wizard King parting ways was really touching. Quite the bittersweet tale for Licht too but it can't be helped, they don't belong to this timeline after all.

Nero, Asta and Noelle's short interaction was really intriguing though, I hope to see more of that in the future episodes. But sadly it seems like Nero will be returning back to the bird form (judging by the next ep preview) so that's a pity. I was so hoping Charlotte would wake up in this episode under that alluring circumstance but, again, sadly not. ;-;

Patry, meanwhile, has been brought back and likewise for Vangeance, and quite the touching meeting between the two as well. I'm guessing they'll be sharing a cell soon. Anyway, this means no casualties among our main and supporting casts. Kind of incredible how the seemingly desperate state at one point has been completely erased now or so to say, as such.
_MushiRock11_Feb 4, 2020 8:58 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Feb 4, 2020 5:39 AM

Feb 2013
Bittersweet episode and that last scene was a big surprise, wow :o
Feb 4, 2020 5:46 AM

Oct 2019
Really enjoyed this episode ending this chapter of the anime and introducing us to the new one

Feb 4, 2020 6:08 AM
Jun 2007
Another great ending chapter, this anime keeps getting better!
Will there be more info on Asta's Devil?
Goodbye to First Wizard King and hello to young current Wizard King!
Feb 4, 2020 6:20 AM

Aug 2013
What an amazing episode to end this huge arc.
It was interesting to see the two devils actually talking and now I want to learn more about the devil that possesses Asta.

Lumiere parting with Secre was emotional, ;-; Almost teared up there.

Judging from the after credit and the preview, Julius will be back but in the form of a young adult.

Another 5/5 episode.

Feb 4, 2020 7:50 AM

Jun 2016
It is a great time to pause the anime and the manga advances, I think that between 10 and 15 chapters the anime eats manga.
Feb 4, 2020 8:32 AM

Jul 2013
RIP Word Magic Devil, you were a fun enemy, but you must be defeated, as any good villain. Loved to see Asta's Devil again, I think the last time he talked was back during the fight with Ladros. Just like his senpai, he is another smug bastard lol.

Really liked the scene of exorcism on the elves. I feel good for them to leave their hatred behind and depart in peace. Ayy with Patry thinking he was going to get into the afterlife scotfree after all the atrocities he committed, only to get revived by Rades. Well, maybe this time he will have more chances to redeem himself. I'm glad to see that the Third Eye is still active, they were fun villains (and now it's time to wait the awkward moment when elf Fana ends meeting her human counterpart).
RIP to Licht and Lemiel, their time with us was brief, but they still managed to be memorable and likeable characters. They will be missed. Thankfully, Secre stayed alive, though losing her prince (feelsbadman).
Licht and Lemiel aside, it was sad to lose Charla, I almost shipped her with Yami way more than with Charlotte ;_;

Honestly, an excellent episode to end what it is the best arc of the series so far. That ending though, Julius is alive... but he turned young?! Waiting for the next week is going to be tough.
Feb 4, 2020 9:15 AM
Mar 2015
Great ending to the arc The look on the demon's face was funny when he saw sword demon Sad parting for Nero Now we deal with the aftereffects
Feb 4, 2020 9:19 AM

Apr 2016
Honestly everything about this arc is amazing and great.
Beginning , fights , character , finale everything is awesome.Best arc of recent era.
BRAWLERS
Feb 4, 2020 9:31 AM
Jul 2018
I enjoyed this episode; it felt like a really perfect ending to the Elf battle. Can't wait for the possible time skip and hopefully a lot of other twists and turns. These past few episodes will not be forgotten, in my opinion. :)
Feb 4, 2020 10:38 AM

May 2018
Well that ends the Elves arc, but WTF Rades has forgiven Patry, so waht gonna happen to Patry now????

Could it be that other demon is asta????
Feb 4, 2020 12:04 PM

May 2009
Leo said:
Judging from the after credit and the preview, Julius will be back but in the form of a young adult.

Nope, he's 14 now.
Feb 4, 2020 1:28 PM

Dec 2012
FUCKING BEAUTIFUL EPISODE! THE OP & ED & SECRE TOO
WHOA! So Julius time traveled to the future?!

Feb 4, 2020 1:33 PM

Feb 2019
fuck i forgot today was Tuesday and went to sleep instead of staying up. Ok, that was a perfect adaptation of the manga, I can't lie I'm definitely over here choked up with how the ED came on when Lummierre was disappearing, that was just beautiful. Pierrot did a really good job this week.

I think this is where BC shines with its plot and emotional moments, which I think are the best of any ongoing Shonen. If Pierrot could get the staff more time/go seasonal and the animation was more consistent, BC would be goated.

Almost to the trial and trip to heart.
Feb 4, 2020 1:41 PM

Apr 2016
This episode was very good. So, this big arc is finally closed.
Feb 4, 2020 1:49 PM

Apr 2018
What was that scene where demon in Asta calling that demon as chief, I am guessing there will be more demons in the future.

Feb 4, 2020 1:49 PM

Nov 2016
I'm glad that I stopped reading the manga for some time, this definetly hitted my feels and started crying after that end. Loved this episode.
Feb 4, 2020 2:06 PM

Apr 2018
THE GOAT IS BACK!! I love Julius. Time Magic is broken af

This arc was pure epicness

Kanetopher said:
Studio Pierrot,

Please do not go the naruto route and give us a sh*t ton of filler, pls don't do 1 episode = 1 chapter mixed in with some filler bs, I beg pls take like 2 seasons off. Just go relax somewhere and work on boruto for a while then come back when the manga has more content.

Shueisha decides, not Pierrot. And they want a long running series
Feb 4, 2020 2:21 PM

Apr 2015
This arc finally comes to a close, what a ride it's been to be honest!

The Demon defeated, the Reincarnation spell undone. A lot of sad goodbyes. The Trio of the Third Eye are staying in the kingdom and even with the help of Rades, Patry will be able to stay as well. Goodbye from the First Wizard King Lumiere was pretty sad. Poor Secre, She's able to stay, which I really like to be honest. Hope to see her more often from now on together with the elves that are staying.

I am actually surprised that Asta wasn't shocked about Nero/Secre and that he kind of knew already (he's really starting to be like Yami with his Ki reading).

That post credit scene though, that's a shocker!
Feb 4, 2020 2:33 PM

Jan 2008
Tfw when the ED song starts playing but the anime still going.
Feb 4, 2020 2:41 PM

Jul 2017
The meeting of the demons: the Devil and Asta's anti-magic sword, even if momentarily.

And with it, this arc has finally come to a close with everyone all together...with one more major problem: remnants are left to be cleared, and for once again in another lifetime, the elves and humans are working together.

King Julius isn't quite dead yet (in grimoire form) as both Patri/William and him share life through the affinity of magic to save the rest of the elves in vengeance.

With heartfelt thanksgiving, the elves finally got their ideal future with the humans, and all is resolved.

On the case of Wizard King Lumiere and Secre...looks like Noelle has ANOTHER rival, a birdy one HEH, but the former prince has paid the price once again for utilizing the magic stones, and gone is he to the wind.

The final end cards to see that Julius is still alive (albeit in a young body)...what gives???
Feb 4, 2020 3:59 PM

Sep 2017
Pretty good end to what is basically the first saga. Now the question is where tf will the story go. The teaser about the wizard king is interesting and there's still stuff about Asta's demon.
Feb 4, 2020 4:05 PM
Overthinker

Jun 2017
I wonder what these survivoring elves & criminals will do in the future. Excited to see that.

Honestly I always thought bringing Juluis back wasn't the best options considering the emotional impact his death had and the process of finding a new Wizard King might have been interesting. Like when the 3rd Hokage passed and the Search for Tsunade arc began afterwards. Or Nero vs Mermumen from HunterxHunter leading to the election arc.

But yeah the anime is inching ever so close to the manga. In a few episodes it'll reach the current arc. I think we are getting some filler soon
Feb 4, 2020 4:43 PM

Jun 2016
Best episode yet by far, hopefully it stays good.
Feb 4, 2020 5:59 PM
Sep 2017
So many interesting / surprising / emotional moments in this ep!
Asta’s demon is quite intriguing, and definitely has a cocky attitude, lol.
Glad that the majority of the elves got to have a peaceful ending, with all of that hatred dissipated, although looks like a few will be hanging around for a while.
I knew Noelle wasn’t going to be too happy about Secre/Nero and how close she is to Asta - it should be fun to see how that goes!
Sad that Lumiere was only able to spend such a short time with us, and especially considering that Julius is ALIVE! YAYYYYY! I would have loved to see those 2 meet each other - our 2 magic fanatics - it would have been so great! But mainly I am just thrilled that Julius is back, even if he’s a kiddo. :)
Feb 4, 2020 6:30 PM

Jan 2011
Here I thought the missing body was gonna be set up for the next arc.
Feb 4, 2020 8:28 PM

Mar 2008
Such a good episode. I ship Nero x Asta more than ever. Also, Julius is back. =O
Feb 4, 2020 8:52 PM

Mar 2014
A nice wrap up episode.

The most interesting take away from this episode is Julius the Wizard King rewinded his time to be a Teenager again, he was at death door steps before the whole Demon fight broke out.

Not sure who copied who, but there was an episode from Radiant where Doc was like dying, and his curse (magic) was to revert back to a little boy, every time he suffers a fatal incident.
Feb 5, 2020 4:21 AM

Jun 2016
the bestttttttttttttttttttt i ever seen !!

i'm very sad now this ended ..

OP & ED song is awesome too
Feb 5, 2020 8:15 AM

Dec 2014
Damn that was nice...all things ended I guess..but what happens to the elves then
Feb 5, 2020 11:01 AM
Dec 2019
This is what I've been waiting for. This was truly an epic for Black Clover.
Feb 5, 2020 2:10 PM

Oct 2012
I think we just saw Black Clover's equivalent of the Chimera Ant arc. My point being that we've probably seen the show's peak. So curious where it goes from here.
Feb 5, 2020 7:53 PM
Jan 2016
Great arc with a great finale!

Seems we could see some speech from Asta's demon, refering to other as chief!

Seems now was confirmed that Yuno is Litch and Tetia's son and herated Lich four leaf grimoire, but Asta's origins is still a misterious!

Elf farewell was really toutching, specially Litch, and the moment with Yami and Charla, even with a elve soul Charlote is still compatible with Yami xD

William is back, and seems Rades managed to reanimate Patry, also Raia and the other two managed to stay in that!

Prince parting ways with Secre was really toutching, and Mimosa and Noelle reaction to Secre human form was hillarious, Secre is really cute, cute interaction with Asta!

What a clifhanger at the end, Julius is alive in a young corpse, magic time is something else!

Curious for more, as always!
Feb 5, 2020 8:40 PM

Jan 2013
What an episode! Can't believe that after 120 eps the "main" arc is over! And what an arc this was.

The first Magic King died but Nero will continue his legacy. I wonder if she loved him..
Great ending to everyone, now i wonder if the Elves died or they can be reincarnated again.

WOW! So Julius is alive and he turned into a teenager? what? i really hope that's him tho xD

Now i wonder where BC will go after this...like the "main" arc is over...i hope BC won't become an "never-ending" anime.

Fantastic arc! So much buildup just to reach this episode! 10/10
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Feb 5, 2020 11:14 PM

Jun 2012
That was a great closed out for this arc. But I'm still a bit weirded out by Vangeance, how he easily became decisive all of the sudden baffles me.
Feb 6, 2020 12:01 AM

May 2019
That ED hit hard after Lumiere's death... damn

For once I actually didn't expect that plot twist. I still find it hard to believe that he'll be around for long OR that he'll keep the position of Wizard King.

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Feb 6, 2020 12:13 AM

Oct 2017
So, I stopped the manga reading...but...so...Yuno is not the son of Litch, I had that hope but that means his wife's baby really death that time?
I'am trully curious to know it on next on arcs.

This arc was amazing and it seems more things will happen soon, I'am excited by that, I cried a lot because of Julius and now he's alive?? But he's pretty young??

I know this story can't go on forever and even more when it's reaching the manga but ... I really want this anime to be infinite!
-¡Give yourself to me!
Feb 6, 2020 1:55 AM
Jun 2017
i felt like i have just watched the final episode of Black clover.... but wait a surprise happened as Wizard king julius becomes a child? ohh lets see the next episode..
Feb 6, 2020 4:06 AM

Jan 2018
A very good ending to the climax foreshadowed throughout the anime. It seems like some of the unanswered questions will be answered throughout the next episodes and I wonder if Julius used his time magic to become younger and survive.
Feb 6, 2020 1:56 PM
Jul 2018
Quite the roller coaster. This show just keeps getting more and more intriguing.

Nice to see William again.

That ending though... :O
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2019

69 by Margnos »»
Yesterday, 11:21 AM

» Thought about Black Clover

OmBerry12_Bleach - Sep 24

3 by KayKimii »»
Sep 25, 7:56 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 150 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2020

57 by Farabeuf »»
Sep 23, 10:39 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 54 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2018

77 by JVskunkape »»
Sep 16, 2:54 PM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 35 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

40 by Phjsh »»
Sep 11, 2:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.