3It was OK
12.2%
2Disliked it
1.4%
1Hated it
2.7%
Average 4.4
221 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 7, 2020 7:13 AM

Apr 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well lot's of dreams this time and all to find that one card that with make thier breasts bigger.
But the crow had other plans for them and the seller saying he didn't offer them anything ecchi was selling them something ecchi.
The girls are still growing so they should not worry so much.

And Kongou being scouted was funny
Aug 7, 2020 7:14 AM

Nov 2007
To master a skill through dream? That's a positive way to use the card.

Girls team in bath. Comparing breasts. That means there's that guy working for them appearing.

Short hair girl caught eye on the cards. Main girl, too, and S rank and Bust Upper. Both girls are interested. Almost trouble. Both of them got all of the cards to check which one is Bust Upper card.

Various dreams emphasizing that big breasts is good.

New character..

Crow got that card they want and accidentally got to another character. Result is immediate.

It seems like this arc features many short stories of many characters using the cards? as next ep. feat. level 0 girl meeting a girl.
tsubasaloverAug 7, 2020 7:17 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 7, 2020 7:32 AM

Jul 2012
Mikoto and Kinuhata teaming up for S rank card ... Teasing dreams and unfortunate result in the end ...

Saten with the new attained kendama skills!

Next time Frenda meets Saten
Aug 7, 2020 8:41 AM

Nov 2011
Seeing Frenda again made me smile.

The dream sequences felt surreal but also comically funny with the way it's executed. I think the serious elements will pick up more next time but I facepalmed myself a few times for this week's episode.

Definitely want to see more of Frenda this arc.
Aug 7, 2020 9:52 AM

Aug 2013
Saten with those skills. You can learn anything with those cards.

We got to see Kinuhata and the rest of ITEM which was nice.

Aug 7, 2020 9:59 AM

Sep 2018
Ahhh Bust Upper is lost forever for our flat best girls...!

Nice paring with Kinuhata and Misaka,almost got in a fight at the start. It would be interesting to see a fight between Kinuhata's Offensive Armor and Misaka's powers,but in the end they teamed up for a chance of bigger boobs. The power of Oppai is truly amazing! And while they were chasing wild dreams Saten was gaining Mad Skills left and right!

Next week is Saten and Frenda episode and i cant wait to see it!
well that's just my opinion.....
Aug 7, 2020 10:11 AM

Oct 2017
"In this whole wide world the only thing that matters is breasts" is the feeling I got after watching this episode XD.

Good thing Misaka didn't get to use that card, she doesn't need big breast at all. Also lol Saten just learns the most random stuff lol.
Aug 7, 2020 10:17 AM

Feb 2019
Honestly Highlight for me was seeing Mugino again since I fucking love her and think she’s hot.

I love these little SoL style episodes. Just really effective at making you care for the characters and their quirks. Wish index could’ve had more of this(in the anime).
Aug 7, 2020 10:19 AM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
I love the ITEM characters in Railgun they are represented better here than in the main series.
ACasualViewerAug 8, 2020 4:05 PM
Aug 7, 2020 10:25 AM
Review Moderator
Book Princess

Nov 2018
Most of the humor in this episode fell flat from my perspective. I guess I'm just behind the curve when it comes to appreciating jokes about girl's chest size.

I did really enjoy Saten's obsession with learning useless tricks from dreams. She was doing kendama tricks I didn't even know existed!

The white and black haired girl seemed interesting; I'm certain she'll show up again, but I don't know whether I expect her to be a protagonist or an antagonist.
Every day you can read a book or watch some anime is a good day!
Aug 7, 2020 10:38 AM

Jan 2019
Great episode! I laughed so much during the entire thing.

The dreams were fun to watch and Mikoto's interaction with Kinuhata was amusing.

Also, my boi Hamazura finally appears in Railgun.

Looks like they put some anime original dreams like Rakko's and that girl from Daihasei, so we didn't get Kuruwa's (with Hanzou's cameo), Ayame's (Although interestingly enough Mikoto does make mention of that dream with her) or Himegami's.

Tiny cameo of Index in the park towards the end lol.
Aug 7, 2020 10:45 AM
Apr 2019
Surprised with the full comedy/SoL feel of this episode. Funny dream sequences (the idol dream really had me laughing cause of my inner im@s fanboyisms triggered) with Mikoto and Kinuhata as a surprisingly funny pairing with their insecurities tying them together in their search for bust upper.

Saten learning useless but cool looking skills I found funnily fit her character really well but kinda wished there were more scenes of her and Uiharu talking about indian poker.

One of Mikoto's dreams seem to hint at a larger plot point about indian poker and their origins so im really curious and excited to see where this leads.

Also glad to see more of ITEM!
Aug 7, 2020 10:47 AM

Apr 2014
Quite hilarious episode, I have to say. I didn't had this much laugh since ep 13 in the first season of Railgun. Kinuhata and Mikoto both wanting to have her boobs big and trying all the cards since the "Bust Upper" one was mixed with random ones and Saten learning most random skills, but I have to admit, I would love to master a kendama.
Aug 7, 2020 12:16 PM

Feb 2014
This is yet another reason why I love SoL episodes in Railgun. ^_^

Both Misaka and Kunihata worked together to use all of the cards they both purchased in order to find the one containing the "bust upper". This led to showing many dream sequences that're funny and also seeing their reactions after the dreams were also awesome, too.

As for Saten, I couldn't help but smile at how happy she was with the skills she got with the cards. Uiharu might be right in saying that the skills are utterly useless, but if it makes an adorable girl like Saten happy, then I have no problem with it! XD

Either way, the next episode will have Frenda and Saten meeting for the first time and that's another part of the manga that I highly look forward to seeing animated. =)
Aug 7, 2020 1:09 PM

Feb 2008
Why didn't they only bought silver cards anyway?
It wasn't a bad episode :P

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Aug 7, 2020 1:40 PM

Apr 2015
so many things I don't understand..

first off, I don't get the "I'll buy half of it" part
and then they suddenly cooperated?
then who was the woman that got her eyes censored?
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
Aug 7, 2020 2:00 PM

Jan 2019
kidlat020 said:

Because they had a common goal, so they set their differences aside and decided to cooperate and whoever gets the card keeps it. Also, I'm surprised you still don't recognize Yomikawa 3 seasons into Railgun?
Aug 7, 2020 3:28 PM

May 2019
A quite entertaining chapter to introduce us to more information about Indian Poker.

From Saten's ability to learn useless skills, the cameos, Misaka's yandere face when she fights with Kinuhata for the S-rank card, the succession of dreams about breasts ...

A naughty crow steals the good one, a cat scares it (Sphinx?) and ends up in the hands of another girl, who see Uiharu and Saten at the end, hahaha, great ending!
Aug 7, 2020 4:04 PM

Jun 2012
Are all of the dreams references to other characters? Can anyone identify them?
Shoot first, think never.
Aug 7, 2020 4:15 PM

Jan 2019
Haunt-bot said:
Yoshikawa, Maika, Rakko, Kuruwa, Megumi, Kuriba.
Aug 7, 2020 5:01 PM

Apr 2015
This was a rather strange episode but I enjoyed it nonetheless!!

Was great to see ITEM and Hamazura again!

Kinuhata and Misaka working together to find the Bust Upper card, to think that they are cooperating while one season back, ITEM and Misaka were busy fighting each other. Too bad a crow snatched it!

Those dreams were too funny and the Index references in some of those dreams were great too!

Smug Saten is great, I loved that!!

I swear if that girl with the, as Saten pointed out, "Huge Boobs" was the girl on the bench where the Bust Upper card ended up, then that card worked quite the treat XD If that's the case, then I am glad Misaka didn't get to use it! Don't think her appeal would be the same with a bigger bust
Aug 7, 2020 5:37 PM

Aug 2019
damn my man was just trying to help her get taller, pain.

Is it just me or did this show suffer a bit from the delay seeing as compared to other shows airing right now, Railgun episode discussions seem to be lower than others.
Aug 7, 2020 7:47 PM

Nov 2019
High-key ship Mikoto and Saiai

kidlat020 said:

She wouldn't let her buy everything anyway coz Mikoto would get the bust upper, best thing to do is meet halfway, good move imo, she won't win against Mikoto anyway, she was way underestimating her from the start
Aug 7, 2020 9:07 PM

Jul 2013
Don't have all that much to say regarding this episode. Was pretty decent I guess.
Seeing my boy Hamazura was great. As well as Mugino, Takitsubo, Kinuhata and Frenda.

Good to see another reference to Fremea, Frenda's sister. She was seen before in Index II on Komaba Ritoku's phone - when Accel and Awaki go after him towards the end of the season (episode 24 and 25 I think)
SandyBoiAug 8, 2020 12:13 AM
Aug 7, 2020 9:58 PM

Jul 2015
Was just waiting for one of them to end up in some strange dream involving some kind of murder or mystery or something to kick off the next arc or something. I hope they do more with this whole dream thing.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Aug 8, 2020 12:13 AM

Aug 2017
Wow nice Index and Sphynx cameo, I have to rewatch that scene twice lol.

The Bust upper card got stolen by a bird hahahaha. A lot of cameos and references to the franchise that I managed to identify almost all of them (Yoshikawa, Tsuchimikado, Yomikawa, etc), I am surprised by the knowledge I have at this point. Surprisingly, this episode was very funny even though the main topic was oppais and nothing else. ITEM is back after several episodes and

With Hamazura debut in Railgun, there is no more doubt that we are in Index III territory at this point.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Aug 8, 2020 1:06 AM

Oct 2008
So this is the Bust Upper episode huh...quite entertaining to say at least...
4/5.

Aug 8, 2020 5:12 AM

May 2012
Lmao Tsuchimikado appeared in one of the dreams! x'D And in Railgun series for the first time too!! Also a tiny cameo of Index running in the park for a few seconds near the end even though her back was facing the screen. Overall a funny episode and seeing Frenda again is nice after Index III...
Nice team up between Mikoto and Kinuhata in searching for the S-Rank card and some funny moments because of this...and of course, the first appearance of that creepy girl (didn't go far in the manga, so I don't know her name yet).

Aug 8, 2020 6:26 AM

Nov 2017
i dont know why toaru lntards always bullying frenda...

but, Future already set and the past cant be changed, bcoz no one had power control time in toaru series (loop time? yes)
Now Loading.....
Aug 8, 2020 8:58 AM
Dec 2019
Wow that was a lot of oppai (.)(.)
Aug 8, 2020 2:45 PM

Nov 2019
Overall ok episode with some casual additions to the manga material. Looks like Kinu initially preferred C cards as much as she liked C movies. Fremea, what are you doing with ur onee-chan? :<

Most of the episode with the Mikinu duo was fun, with lots of easter eggs and character references here and there, which is even more fun when you have read the entire series... And bewbs, lot of bewbs...

They left out
, but at least Mikoto mentions her later...

I totally missed spotting Index for the first time. Next episode we'll have our much awaited Saten and Fren//da scenes!

ACasualViewer said:
I love the ITEM characters in Railgun there are represented better here than in the main series.

Ofc, the intent of Railgun as a side-story is to give such characters more development, because they cannot directly influence the main arcs, at least not up to this point.
Laplace_kunAug 8, 2020 2:56 PM
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Aug 8, 2020 3:15 PM

Nov 2019
misaka-9982 said:
Haunt-bot said:

I have a feeling that's not Kuruwa but that one Shuri girl from NT (Bag**** City Arc) and Railgun's Jail****** Arc
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Aug 8, 2020 3:26 PM

Jan 2019
Laplace_kun said:
misaka-9982 said:

I have a feeling that's not Kuruwa but that one Shuri girl from NT (Bag**** City Arc) and Railgun's Jail****** Arc
Well the outfit closely resembles Kuruwa's more than Oumi, except pink. Also Wikia seems to think so.
Aug 8, 2020 3:38 PM

Nov 2019
Yeah, I figured that out when I read the manga, but since they didn't show Mikoto's parallel Hanzou dream, I rethought about it....
Anyways only Kuruwa can learn such lewd techniques XD
Aug 9, 2020 3:30 AM

May 2015
Bust upper is to dangerous to keep.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Aug 10, 2020 9:16 AM

Sep 2013
Wait a sec, about Index cameo, isn't Touma and Index in Italy right now?
Shirobako is AOTY 2015. Deal with it.
Aug 10, 2020 2:30 PM
Jul 2018
Yasamura said:
Wait a sec, about Index cameo, isn't Touma and Index in Italy right now?

Touma and Index were in Italy in Railgun T's ep16 (in Railgun timeline). In this episode timeline with Index, Touma is now in France where he meets up with Itsuwa, and he lefts Index in AC.
Aug 12, 2020 10:45 AM
Dec 2011
I really liked this episode. The bust size of Mikoto is small and she cant wait for it to grow. Im pretty sure she is still in middle school. Realistically her bust size might naturally grow in the next few years. The only thing that is bothering me about these dream cards is that I see this story playing out in the similar level upper arc. It would be extremely disappointing if events started occuring similar to that arc. I dont want to drop the show because I like the characters but you never know how this might play out.
Aug 14, 2020 4:24 PM

Jun 2015
In before Australia bans it
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Aug 17, 2020 8:10 PM

Jan 2013
What a way to connect 2 characters xD

So in the end, that girl with big breasts was the one who took the card?
Saten is the best at learning useful skills xD
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Aug 18, 2020 12:32 PM

Feb 2007
I'll be damn, it actually worked...

And Saten still the best, of course. ^_^
Aug 19, 2020 1:27 PM

Aug 2020
Ruiko is the most awesome character EVER! Every single second she's on screen gives meaning to life.
how did i get here;
Sep 22, 2020 6:10 AM

Dec 2013
I never knew how much I needed to see Mikoto and Kinuhata together before this episode. Fun episode.
Sep 24, 2020 1:07 PM

May 2010
omg index in the park
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Oct 21, 2020 7:11 AM

Nov 2016
Appreciate that shower scene.

But great episode in general. Managed to be fun and to introduce/flesh out story elements as well.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 28, 2021 12:50 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
A filler episode... but at the same time the best episode from raildex yet

NYANPASU
5700XT

Mar 6, 2021 3:57 AM

Sep 2012
this ep and thous dream lol
Jun 30, 2021 8:40 AM

Aug 2018
Hm.. If there is such technology that lets you learn any skill at night.. It can be a huge development in civilization in general.. Of course I probably expect some baddies behind this.. But also potential for good development is quite huge with this..
If you're not errand boy, Hamazura, then who are you at all in this group?.. What are you doing in here?..
I might have some idea, who are owners of what cards.. ;D Was first one - Tessou's card?.. But not too sure about this.. And then that spinning maid Maika, for sure..
Not sure, who wanted to become an idol in their dream.. As well as not sure, who is ninja girl..
Oh, this is girl from sports festival..
Well, Kuroko, if you don't want to spend night this way with Mikoto.. Maybe you 2 can spend it in another way, fufu.. ;P Though, I guess, Mikoto would just hit you for proposal unfortunately..
Feb 1, 2022 11:26 AM

Apr 2013
I think if "Bust Upper" was actually a thing, it would be in pretty damn high demand haha... On that note, I want a "Biceps Upper" xD
Nov 29, 2022 9:15 AM

Dec 2020
Look at all them cameos! Fun ep. But like they knew it was a silver card why not start with those lol
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» What's the appeal of Misaki Shokuhou?

AfroOtaku917 - Feb 4, 2023

8 by Laplace_kun »»
Aug 2, 8:56 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Aversa - Jul 31, 2020

63 by Shocked »»
Jun 8, 9:34 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 22, 2020

96 by Shocked »»
Jun 8, 9:29 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 15, 2020

251 by Shocked »»
Jun 8, 2:37 AM

» Season 4?

removed-user - Jan 20, 2022

12 by waalex11 »»
May 2, 2:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.