Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 23, 2010 6:11 PM

Nov 2009
Great episode! I liked the first part but the second part killed me with laughter. XD
Just like the previous episode it seems Garterbelt (Master G) is really interested in boys, strange. O.O
It really caught me by surprise that you can see Panty's breast @ 18:13. LOL!
I couldn't stop laughing when Panty noticed Brief had the biggest weapon of all. XD
Hmm... I wonder what type of gun my underwear will turn into? ;D
Oct 23, 2010 8:41 PM

Apr 2010
LOVE the ending song like always... that song just sounds really nice.

I can't believe why i had been skipping on these 2 episodes till now! OMG THEY WERE FUCKING EPIC!!!

Liked episode 8 better than 7 though... 8 was more humourous.

I like both girls... to be honest i thought they were both grown women, seeing as they're you know... ANGELS. But wierdly enough... they're students...

My favourite from both sisters though is probably Stocking...
Oct 23, 2010 8:42 PM

Dec 2008
episode was surprisingly good, the episode with fat stocking was hilarious

i need this soundtrack
Oct 23, 2010 8:43 PM

Aug 2008
It's confirmed, Garter's a pedo bear, Panty's a hoe bag, Stocking is adorable
and Brief has huge virgin cock. Yeah, that's pretty much what this show comes
down to. Viewing this has been fun as hell.
Oct 23, 2010 11:52 PM

Jun 2008
leeree said:
There was boobnipple in the second half. How do you do this on TV, Gainax?
By drawing them in an art style not typically used for hentai series? Besides, with all those innuendos and swearing and sperm and Panty banging every man she meets and the stripping in the transformation, I think a 1-sec shot of nipples is one of the easier things to get past censors....

Is it just me, or does the Ghost in the second half look like something out of TTGL XD
Oct 24, 2010 12:40 AM

Nov 2008
Hahaha, the first half of this was the best, a lot funnier then the previous stuff.
Oct 24, 2010 2:42 AM

Nov 2008
Seriously that second half was dumb as fuck, I couldn't stop laughing while wondering what the heck I was watching.
And the transformation with big Stocking was also pretty epic.
Oct 24, 2010 2:48 AM

Mar 2009
Okay, this was my favorite episode. I was thinking of dropping since the past two were just amusing without keeping me invested, but Gainax has more fun in store.

Also, the new art for the Pa/Sto entry in the database is awesome.
Oct 24, 2010 5:38 AM

Aug 2009
MapleRose said:
Is it just me, or does the Ghost in the second half look like something out of TTGL XD

Oh, you're right! It looks almost exactly like an Anti-Spiral
Oct 24, 2010 7:29 AM

Dec 2009
This show is so random, so weird, so gross that it's creating a new form of awesome...
Oct 24, 2010 7:40 AM

Oct 2008
alwaysbored said:
This show is so random, so weird, so gross that it's creating a new form of awesome...

Agreed
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This show is going on my favorites list now.
FemmeEmpressOct 24, 2010 7:46 AM
Oct 24, 2010 12:37 PM

Jul 2009
I can totally undersatand the love for cake/sugary stuff; even if I knew one portion of acertian cake tasted beautiful, was created in such a horric way and could increase my size ten fold, I'd probably still try it. :P

The underware party was great; I wouldn mnd attending/throwing one; atleast you don't have to splash out on an extravagant outfit you'd probably only wear once.

Oct 24, 2010 1:43 PM
Apr 2010
Oh that was actually really funny! Way better than the third ep!

And really if you're going to right a discussion Qstein at least write something and don't just get first to enlarge your e-penis. It's sad because you're a news moderator.
Oct 24, 2010 2:45 PM
Jul 2010
garfield15 said:
How many executives did Gainax give a blowjob to to get this show on the air anyway?

At Least 7-9
Oct 24, 2010 2:49 PM

Aug 2009
Brief's gun going limp after like two shots made me snigger.

Ahh, Garterbelt, you get more awesome and creepy every time!
頭脳は子供、見た目は大人! ƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃ
Oct 24, 2010 4:51 PM

Apr 2009
Moral of the story; you can never have enough sweets and panties are ment to be shown.
Oct 24, 2010 5:10 PM

May 2008
Definitely my favorite episode so far.
I couldn't stop laughing during both segments xD

This show has everything you'd never expect from an anime.
Oct 24, 2010 5:40 PM
Jul 2018
TIS SHOW IS SHIT
not the shit just shit
i want this to die
Oct 24, 2010 5:53 PM
Nov 2008
Captain-Z said:
TIS SHOW IS SHIT
not the shit just shit
i want this to die
All the haters stopped watching 2 episodes ago.
Oct 24, 2010 7:06 PM

Aug 2009
Captain-Z said:
TIS SHOW IS SHIT
not the shit just shit
i want this to die

Translation:

"I watched four episodes (which is more like 8 eps) of a show I didn't like so I could hate it and expand my e-peen. Somebody please agree with me"
Oct 25, 2010 7:38 AM
Oct 2009
I'm just sorry that there isn't more intelligent discussion over this series. I personally think that this show is overrated by most people who like it. Underrated by the people who are "haters". Whether this show is making turns for better or worse, it still should be a topic of discussion since it fits under an uncommon category.

At any rate I generally feel the show has failed its purpose when it doesn't surprise me, but episode 4 was rather surprising, unlike episode 2 and about half of episode 3.

At any rate though I currently consider this show inconsistent at best, and it doesn't need to be rated higher than the top 1000.
A2ZOMGOct 25, 2010 7:48 AM
Oct 25, 2010 11:37 AM

Aug 2009
A2ZOMG said:
I'm just sorry that there isn't more intelligent discussion over this series.

This is MAL you know.
Oct 25, 2010 1:53 PM
Apr 2010
Captain-Z said:
TIS SHOW IS SHIT
not the shit just shit
i want this to die

If you can't back it up, no one cares.

I mean, at least when I hated on episode 3 (and still got hated for it) I had good reasons.
This episode I love though :) so funny!

And no the show should not die. Even if I hated a show I wouldn't wish for it to die, that would be taking away other people's right to watch it. How would you like it if someone killed Big O or Gundam 00 (2 shows I hate). State some reasons that make sense or gtfo. This is episode DISCUSSION not hate-gasm
Oct 25, 2010 6:04 PM
Nov 2008
A2ZOMG said:
At any rate though I currently consider this show inconsistent at best, and it doesn't need to be rated higher than the top 1000.

>Inconsistent at best
>Truly episodic anime
Oct 25, 2010 6:42 PM

Jul 2009
Lol, first part was seriously awesome XD Second part was OK. Love it whenever the "real" ghost EXPLODES whenever they get defeated, it's so epic :P

So yea @ haters, that's great you don't like this show, but honestly nobody cares. There's no point in trying to change your minds over a show, so suck it up because you won't be changing anybody's minds either :P
Oct 25, 2010 6:57 PM
Oct 2009
Onibokusu said:
A2ZOMG said:

>Inconsistent at best
>Truly episodic anime
Sayonara Zetsubo Sensei is by far a superior example of episodic anime done right. The premise is anything but centered on the substance of character and plot, yet they manage to consistently pull off high quality comedy that's appropriate for the situation yet unpredictable.

P&S...not so much. The quality of their comedy is generally unremarkable. They have random moments of being genius and surprising, and the rest of the moments are forced jokes that have been used better in other series or just otherwise don't really show much creativity.
Oct 25, 2010 7:25 PM
Nov 2008
A2ZOMG said:
Onibokusu said:
A2ZOMG said:

>Inconsistent at best
>Truly episodic anime
Sayonara Zetsubo Sensei is by far a superior example of episodic anime done right. The premise is anything but centered on the substance of character and plot, yet they manage to consistently pull off high quality comedy that's appropriate for the situation yet unpredictable.

P&S...not so much. The quality of their comedy is generally unremarkable. They have random moments of being genius and surprising, and the rest of the moments are forced jokes that have been used better in other series or just otherwise don't really show much creativity.

You keep trying to speak from experience, which doesn't work if you hardly have any.

You instil no believability on anyone.

Also, SZS? Episodic? I think not. SNS is extremely hard to take out of context. The characters presented clearly are built upon as the series progresses, meaning you can't just pick up each episode without having seen any of the others. This would be due to it being a comedic slice-of-life. I mean, you could pick up any one of the episodes, but you won't know why certain characters are the way they are (like any slide of life, which is built upon characters).

You can pick up any one of the 4 available P&S episodes and watch it without having seen the others, because, so far, the other episodes do not matter. Panty is a slut, Stocking is a glutton, Briefs is a shy nerd, Gerberbelt is a strange priest. You can watch any episode and be introduced to these aspects of the characters. Unless the tokens collected from the ghosts suddenly start having plot relevance again (by which I mean they "collect them all"), then it will most likely stay episodic.
Oct 25, 2010 9:16 PM
Oct 2009
That's a pretty poor argument. I can literally say the same thing you said in reverse and it holds the same weight as your statement.

I don't consider either show more difficult to take out of context than the other. They are BOTH CLEARLY EPISODIC. You don't really need to know anything beforehand for the show to really get the point across. In Sayonara Zetsubo Sensei, the majority of the episodes really only focus on like two characters, basically Nozomu and one of the girls who has some kind of problem and then everyone else is just icing on the cake. How does that make the show any more complicated than P&S? P&S required more than one episode to introduce Briefs, and part 2 of episode 4 also heavily played on the use of dramatic irony understood from experiences from previous episodes, requiring the viewer to know beforehand that Garterbelt could be identified through various quirks.

Either way, it doesn't change the fact that all shows require a degree of consistency in purpose. Episodic or not. And P&S is lacking in consistent purpose and quality. The facts of the matter are that it isn't a great comedy, and they only come up with really original ideas like 50% of the time up to this point.
Oct 25, 2010 11:24 PM

Jun 2010
this ep was fun *w*
Oct 26, 2010 5:03 PM
Nov 2008
A2ZOMG said:
That's a pretty poor argument. I can literally say the same thing you said in reverse and it holds the same weight as your statement.

Not really, no. The wordings I used can't be interchanged between both examples, as they are clearly different.

I don't consider either show more difficult to take out of context than the other. They are BOTH CLEARLY EPISODIC. You don't really need to know anything beforehand for the show to really get the point across. In Sayonara Zetsubo Sensei, the majority of the episodes really only focus on like two characters, basically Nozomu and one of the girls who has some kind of problem and then everyone else is just icing on the cake. How does that make the show any more complicated than P&S? P&S required more than one episode to introduce Briefs, and part 2 of episode 4 also heavily played on the use of dramatic irony understood from experiences from previous episodes, requiring the viewer to know beforehand that Garterbelt could be identified through various quirks.

It makes it much more complicated, because that's not how an episodic series works. P&S is following the same format as most American cartoons did a few years ago. For something to be episodic every character must be introduced to the viewer, every episode, as if they have never witnessed the character before or watched the show in its entirety. That's where the concept of the "In the city of Townsville" opening speech for the Powerpuff girls comes from. The opening of Spongebob serves the same concept. P&S always has a similar opening, that focuses on the Angels.

Briefs did not take more than one episode to introduce. He simply just didn't make an appearance in the first episode.

In SZS, after a character's introductory episode they then remain a member of the usual cast (getting in a line or two) without any sort of introduction or explanation henceforth. The characters cannoit be followed if the episodes are not watched in order. I mean, SZS has around 3 seasons and 2 OVAs, It's clearly not episodic, since the plot progresses in a way that is not episodic.

Either way, it doesn't change the fact that all shows require a degree of consistency in purpose. Episodic or not. And P&S is lacking in consistent purpose and quality. The facts of the matter are that it isn't a great comedy, and they only come up with really original ideas like 50% of the time up to this point.

You keep spouting those lines about inconsistency without any backing.
Oct 26, 2010 10:37 PM

May 2008
At first I thought this episode would be boring, but then it got interesting.
As in it got interesting when Stocking actually got fat.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Oct 27, 2010 7:46 PM
Oct 2009
Onibokusu said:
It makes it much more complicated, because that's not how an episodic series works. P&S is following the same format as most American cartoons did a few years ago. For something to be episodic every character must be introduced to the viewer, every episode, as if they have never witnessed the character before or watched the show in its entirety. That's where the concept of the "In the city of Townsville" opening speech for the Powerpuff girls comes from. The opening of Spongebob serves the same concept. P&S always has a similar opening, that focuses on the Angels.
Sayonara Zetsubo Sensei doesn't have complicated characters nor does it rely on them. Most of the characters amount to running gags outside of their highlight episode, and it doesn't take a fancy introduction for a running gag to make its point, especially when the point of most of the gags is obvious even without context from previous episodes.

Briefs did not take more than one episode to introduce. He simply just didn't make an appearance in the first episode.
Fair enough. You probably had to watch his introduction and abduction by Garterbelt for episode 4 to make sense though. I would go so far to argue that episode 4 of P&S was more in context with its previous episodes than any episode of Sayonara Zetsubo Sensei. Not that it's a huge deal, but you would clearly need to know Garterbelt from a previous episode for his actions in the latter half of episode 4 to make sense.

In SZS, after a character's introductory episode they then remain a member of the usual cast (getting in a line or two) without any sort of introduction or explanation henceforth. The characters cannoit be followed if the episodes are not watched in order. I mean, SZS has around 3 seasons and 2 OVAs, It's clearly not episodic, since the plot progresses in a way that is not episodic.
Most of the events in the plot and the jokes are completely inconsequential of each other from episode to episode. Plus most of the character jokes are running gags, and not hard to figure out from watching them used in any particular episode. Knowing things like how Maria is an illegal immigrant doesn't matter, what matters more is just her being daft to what normally affects other people in Japanese society which can be appreciated just by watching a random gag moment in any episode. Sayonara Zetsubo Sensei isn't even centered on characters and plot. It's mainly centered on comedy that happens at the moment.

The reviews from the different seasons and OVAs of Sayonara Zetsubo Sensei support my statements. It's far from mandatory to have watched absolutely everything in strict order, since a cohesive plot and characters are not important to that show. In ANY show, episodic or not, it's ALWAYS helpful to watch everything in order. It's much less mandatory in episodic series, and SZS and P&S are very similar in that department.

You keep spouting those lines about inconsistency without any backing.
It's quite simple. Take the first episode. Let's go through how it's about being a deviation from what is popular in anime, either making fun of them or animating things that no "regular" anime would dare to animate. At any rate, that is what makes the show best, when they are doing exactly that. First episode accomplishes that with the troll transformation scene, general art style, and the general gross qualities of the monster first half. Episode 4 shows more moments of excelling at animating the grotesque, which would normally be unacceptable in any other anime, but hilarious in the context of this show.

That premise is virtually non-existent in episode 2, as well as half of episode 3 and even arguably the latter half of episode 1. Most of the jokes are just forced and cliche as hell. They're not animating anything we haven't seen in those episodes. They're just forcing a non-existent plot in places where they ran out of ideas, which is anything but unique compared to what other shows have to offer. That is where the show is subpar. They don't consistently have great ideas that actually deviate from the common devices that are normally used in TV shows and anime, and their comedy generally sucks. Half the show is grotesque but creative, while the other half is just mindless and without real direction or high quality comedy.
A2ZOMGOct 27, 2010 8:13 PM
Oct 29, 2010 1:30 PM

Mar 2009
This is by far one of the funniest shows I have ever watched.
"There are four lights!! THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!!!!" - Captain Jean-Luc Picard
Oct 29, 2010 2:48 PM

Jan 2010
The best episode so far in my opinion!

Both halves were interesting and funny. Also, the music for this show is really good... xD
Oct 30, 2010 12:58 PM

Jun 2010
i saw some tities in the b part :D
Oct 30, 2010 9:07 PM

Mar 2009
LOL High School Nudical.
Nov 12, 2010 3:37 PM

Apr 2009
Heee. Well that was fun/orz
Nov 14, 2010 8:32 AM

Jun 2008
shellybell said:
The best episode so far in my opinion!

Both halves were interesting and funny. Also, the music for this show is really good... xD

This.
Nov 16, 2010 7:31 PM

Jan 2009
Nov 30, 2010 10:34 AM

Sep 2009
Peekaboo.
Dec 4, 2010 8:46 PM
May 2010
First half was great. Second half was kind of crappy, but a little inconsistency is to be expected with a show this experimental.

I'm loving it so far.
Jan 6, 2011 1:02 AM

Sep 2009
I loved the second half.
Parodying High School Musical never gets old for me...-laughs-
Jan 6, 2011 5:34 PM

Jun 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
No! No! No! Stocking!!!

and

...tiny...pencil...turtleneck...curved...twisted...beaded...and WOW! So BIG!

Nice episode
Jan 8, 2011 7:47 AM

Jun 2010
"Two-pump chump!" Ha!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 10, 2011 2:53 AM

Oct 2009
Can they... really air this?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 21, 2011 4:55 AM
Aug 2010
This show just keeps getting funnier and funnier :3
Theres two things i would prefer though;
1. A dub, im not a fan of subs
2. being 26 eps instead of 13 eps
Otherwise, this series is amazing and so is the soundtrack ♥
Jan 25, 2011 11:28 PM

Aug 2010
That was a nice opinion war.
Mar 2, 2011 1:35 AM
Nov 2010
Good episode the ghosts in this episode were umm interesting to say the least.
May 14, 2011 12:59 PM

Mar 2011
Ha! More machine gun humour!

Really, the gags come so thick and fast that it's hard to spot them sometimes because my eyes are shut from laughing!

Also, love the bikini fan service, even with this art style!
Jun 8, 2011 3:38 PM
Jul 2010
Fly Away FTW! Can't stop watching the series, the two parts of this episode were pretty good.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ReaperEXE - Dec 24, 2010

426 by NoldorSensei »»
Aug 29, 9:10 PM

» Mahou Shoujo tag??

Moonshine_cookie - Aug 13

6 by Zarutaku »»
Aug 16, 12:55 AM

Poll: » Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ReaperEXE - Oct 1, 2010

436 by KuroSaiko772 »»
Aug 13, 1:26 AM

Poll: » Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

chalco - Nov 5, 2010

199 by Eatsik »»
Apr 20, 3:20 AM

Poll: » Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

garfield15 - Dec 17, 2010

140 by TobiasAnimeMan »»
Apr 13, 1:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.