Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 19, 2021 8:51 AM

Jun 2021
This episode was so cute that everyone seemed like friends instead of competitors for Komi-san's attention XD I'd like seeing more of this friendly dynamic :3

Also, shout-out to Najimi for keeping the vibes up when Komi told everyone to go play, and I think Agari's cuteness is not spoken about enough.
Nov 19, 2021 11:15 AM

May 2021
Great episode! Pool episode! Komi was going to go in her school swimsuit but Yamai stopped her right in her tracks and they want to get another swimsuit xD. Everyone lost the underwater breath holding contest because they looked at Komi lol. Them Higurashi chirping noises at the pool gives me back some bad memories of a certain VN...
Komi wants to go to the library and her dad takes her. They are both very alike and don't talk much lol. Was nice to see them together though.

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Nov 19, 2021 12:08 PM
Apr 2013
I just adore her cold expression.

Nov 19, 2021 5:58 PM

Oct 2020
Heh, I guess Tadano's book is never going to get returned.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 20, 2021 4:29 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Ah, the mandatory swimsuit episode. Najimi really grab my attention on those first part. How on earth Najimi changed every outfit at every possible moments? While Komi just being a Komi. Not breathing under the water must be a difficult things to do when around the Goddess. Poor the innocent floor pool, tho, became a victim of Komi's negligence. As always, Tadano as an ordinary guy got the most benefit, and ofc acquired a new fetish! Ah, Komi's father. Its about time. The communication between them surely such a rough things to do. But, glad both had a 'way' to solved things out. No Yamai stalking when Komi went to the library? That's absurd. She must had some fight with Shinobino. Don't know with the reason, tho. Then, as always, Tadano as the most ordinary guy, got the most benefit sceneries of Komi. Yamai must be jelly....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Nov 20, 2021 7:10 AM
Dec 2019
Tadano forgot to return the book twice because he keeps getting distracted by Komi-san. I found that funny and I wonder when he'll ever return it. The pool episode was pretty good I like how Komi-san had a lot of fun and how Tadano cheered her up when she couldn't play with everyone.
Nov 20, 2021 8:01 AM

Dec 2016
Komi-san in swimsuit! Definitely 100 million points!

Komi-san's father too is a socially awkward type XD
Their moment in the cafe was so wholesome.

Komi-san wearing that top with jeans is so pretty.

Komi-san enjoying her alone time was so adorable but poor Tadano, must've gotten a trashing from his mom XD
Nov 20, 2021 9:36 AM
Nov 2014
Wholesome stuff again, let’s gooo
Nov 20, 2021 11:21 PM

Mar 2016
Yamai gets points for her Komi swimsuit choice......but she's still so far in the negatives, so it barely makes a difference.

Really wholesome-filled episode (although Tadano's fetish unlock was unexpected...but I don't blame him).

Trip to the shaved ice was a definite highlight, even though the pool sequence set the bar quite high. Curious as to when we'll get some proper introductions to the rest of the gang Yamai brought with her.

Damn Agari was seriously packing O_O
Nov 21, 2021 12:43 AM

Dec 2018
Now we know where Komi got her personality at... Her dad blushing a lot, that's kawaii xD

Nov 21, 2021 3:02 AM

Apr 2021
Every anime has that one beach pool episode :D
Komi looks good in her swimsuit.....

Meanwhile Tadano :
"I saw something Nice"

Also I'm glad to see her dad.....this episode just introduced him but man he's a super funny character^^

Anyways this was a pretty good episode.
Nov 21, 2021 5:31 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The whole gang had sure some fun on the pool, too bad Komi got slightly injured but she still had a good time with everyone, it's also fun to see how she acts with her father when BOTH have a communication problem xD Komi playing in the kid's park was great too see xD
Nov 21, 2021 11:33 AM
Feb 2021
Inuki said:
During all the pool scene, i was wondering who the tall gray haired girl who didn't even get introduced at first was lol.
Komi is so adorable no matters the situation. Yamai is a serious yandere stalker but well it's in a comic angle.
she is that armour girl from trailer.
Ratings doesn't matter only enjoyment does.
Masterpiece or mid, generic or fresh,best or worst are all subjective
Eren is goat,and aot is still a masterpiece (eg.subjective opinion)

Nov 21, 2021 12:28 PM
Jan 2021
theres always gonna be a pool episode and today was this animes time.
Nov 21, 2021 2:48 PM

Oct 2011
I really enjoy seeing this type of character having fun with little things for the first time (remind me of Sawako, from Kimi ni Todoke)... so wholesome
Nov 21, 2021 3:18 PM

Nov 2017
Damn,some of the expressions on Komi's face this ep were wayyyy too adorable!!
Nov 22, 2021 4:39 PM

Mar 2008
Heh too many cute parts in this episode I cant even remember them all to write about.

Komi's dad seems nice though the stirn man of few words type or maybe he just doesn't speak much to Komi knowing she cant respond in many words.
Nov 24, 2021 4:29 AM

Aug 2021
But why did the scene with the father make me almost cry? Is it because the BGM was tender or because I'm emotionally very sensitive?
Nov 26, 2021 6:33 PM

Nov 2020
Fanservice? Literally 198lmao just kidding but i got very surprised and excited seeing komi san and that anime getting that treat, just watched with a friend and gosh how i miss having a good actual summer 🤯
This whole happy episode went so hard. I felt free to screenshot
Edit: gotta love how Tadano forgor 💀 to deliver his book twice.
BedroQuendoNov 27, 2021 7:04 AM
Nov 26, 2021 6:53 PM

Nov 2020
knorozov said:
But why did the scene with the father make me almost cry? Is it because the BGM was tender or because I'm emotionally very sensitive?

same i guess both or the second option to me, i wish i could grow up like komi lol
Nov 28, 2021 1:52 PM

Mar 2010
Damn that pink haired lad put me in heat ===3

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Nov 30, 2021 11:47 PM

Jul 2019
A cool transition from general fun with friends in the pool to peaceful and cheerful loneliness from Shouko. Now there is definitely a lot more light and opportunity in her life since she started leaving home on summer vacation. Father Komi was a very nice fit into the episode, it turns out that over time you can subdue the fear of communication (I mean it must be hard to organize family life and stuff without saying a word) although even his own daughter, who is all like a dad, can play a trick on this.
townghostDec 1, 2021 12:08 AM
Dec 3, 2021 1:36 AM

Oct 2008
oh look i guessed it right based from my post on the 6th ep...it is REALLY a mizugi episode!
Tadano had witness a precious moment! nice!
hahaha even her dad speaks less! looks like only the mom is the normal when it comes to communication huh...
5/5.

Dec 3, 2021 6:22 AM

May 2015
Yey obligatory pool/beach episode ;)
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Dec 3, 2021 8:19 AM

Mar 2012
Komi playing at the park was really cute, made me smile.
Dec 4, 2021 12:54 AM

Jan 2020
So I guess this is the Komi-san version of beach episode?
That Tadano guy.. He's so freaking adorable AND super nice to Komi. Damn this show, it's so wholesome, it makes my heart melt.

Not Komi and her dad being perfect copies of each other!!!!!

I don't know if it's just me, but that Agari girl looks like she could be a character of some hentai.
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
Dec 4, 2021 10:01 AM

May 2018
Poor Tadano is going to get a huge fine at this rate xD
Dec 5, 2021 6:33 AM

Nov 2014
Yami-san's personality is really starting to grate on me. Her bringing a cast of background characters is also annoying.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Dec 6, 2021 10:10 AM

Mar 2016
Ahh, a classic waterpark ep... What a vibrant segment it was, it's just Tadano, Komi, Agari and Najimi having fun together with the simp-squad tagging along. What is usually a fanservice ep to me became more of a sweet, charming ep. Nothing but joy upon seeing the cast getting along together.

Next up is the most wholesome moment in the ep, Komi and Komi's father interacting with each other is as close as it is to the manga. Aside from a single spoken sentence, they pretty much didn't talk, lol. In that sense, Komi is just like her father. However, no words emit a greater brilliance compared to a kind, caring action a father does to his daughter, his headpat for Komi is a sign of love, ah the mellow sensation in my heart is one I wish to feel all day long. What a lovely family, can't wait until Shosuke (Komi's brother) is featured as the main focus of the ep.
Dec 8, 2021 5:32 PM

Dec 2020
POOOL EPISODE!!!!!! rly cute too. was kinda D: when komi got injured, do you guys also stop playing when that happens ?? i don't think ive ever had anyone do that neither have i done it myself but thinking on it again now it does make sense
Dec 14, 2021 12:49 AM

Mar 2021
I thought it was going to be a normal pool not a water park that was more interesting 10/10/10. Yamai isn’t all crazy then at least she stopped her wearing her schools gear. Nice to see everyone acting as friends instead of fighting for Komis attention like normal even though they still did that a bit. The meal with her father was my favourite part guess that’s where she gets her social problems from nice to see they can still communicate. Tadano being a bit of a creep but I guess he didn’t want her to feel awkward.
Dec 17, 2021 2:18 AM

Apr 2020
Pool episode, I'm glad that Yamai picked a good swimsuit for Komi, for once I'll give her that. Tadano stopping Najimi from entering the female section is funny, your ass is on the way to the 3rd area. Also umm...Tadano x Komi moments, it never goes wrong...

The scene with her father in the resto is nice, so that's how she got her silent mode on. It's cool that you don't need a lot of noise to prove your point (wait is that a---).

And the scene where Komi is just happily playing around in the library and in the playground makes for some nice things to see, I agree with you Tadano, we both are some losers and airhead procrastinators.
Dec 27, 2021 9:59 PM
Sep 2019
Really don't see what's so comedic about Yamai's yandere personality. Girl is literally stalking outside of Komi's home for days and popping up at every given opportunity. Just creepy and weird asf.
Dec 30, 2021 3:53 AM

Aug 2021
yay Komi looked so beautiful this episode

always love the beach/pool episodes in a romcom :3
Dec 31, 2021 12:05 AM

May 2016
Another good episode, too bad Komi got hurt midway.
Dec 31, 2021 6:40 PM
May 2020
Pool episode and how komi was sad was hella calm ahlie
Jan 1, 2022 8:25 AM

Jun 2021
I do have to say, I'm not a fan of Yamai.

she's the only fan of herself. Pretty all you want but obnoxious for a lack of harder words. F... her. Still, even her can't bring down this show.

Now i'm not updated with the manga any more for now but the beach/pool/water park episode was granted, and still very enjoyable (yes, i have nostalgia of water parks) regardless lady yandere from before. The rest of the episode wasn't as much as great even if it was nice to see her father.
_untitledJan 1, 2022 8:46 AM
Jan 2, 2022 1:45 AM

Aug 2018
The pool!
Very funny episode
The scene of Komi-san smiling <3!!
Jan 5, 2022 5:52 AM
Jul 2021
"i saw something nice today"
Jan 11, 2022 4:05 AM

May 2015
Komi's mum looks exactly like her and doesn't have social anxiety. She defo fucked around in school
Jan 13, 2022 6:42 PM

Jan 2019
The introduction of Komi's father more than makes up for beach episode fan service.
Jan 24, 2022 12:51 AM
Mar 2021
Komi and her dad's interaction has to be one of my favourite moments in the anime. Way too adorable.
Jan 26, 2022 11:16 PM
Jul 2018
That face Ren made when seeing Komi's school suit. Caught me way off guard lol.

I'm surprised how much they managed to cram in after the pool day. The coffee shop, library, baby, and park scenes.

The father-daughter scene was cute but kind of hard to watch. The #1 critique this show seems to get is the lack of realism. I understand that anime generally AREN'T realistic to begin with, but I'd agree even this is over the top -- the fact that Komi can't even communicate with her parents. It's kind of difficult to see it as just a quirky family dynamic -- like, being too scared to speak to your mother and father is kind of concerning. 😅 Komi's out here fighting for her life and her parents can't do much to help her out. I'm starting to think, isn't there some kind of social therapy offered over in Japan for cases like this? Komi's got a deep-seated psychological issue that spans beyond being shy or introverted. I'm not complaining or ranting, though. Just a "shower thought" per se. That IRL, the Komi situation would be pretty crippling to the sufferer. There are probably actually people out there with crippling social anxiety, but stuff like this paints them in a positive light (rather than ridiculing them) and gives some representation or whatever. Cool cool kewl.
Feb 14, 2022 6:58 PM

Jul 2019
I get weird cringe from watching this episode
Feb 27, 2022 12:57 PM

Aug 2013
The moment Komi spent with her dad during this episode was adorable.
Mar 13, 2022 12:01 PM

Jan 2022
I was scared Amai and her friends were gonna ruin the pool part of the episode, so I'm glad that wasn't the case

The bit with Komi and her dad was adorable too, I love the trope of intimidating looking anime dads who don't/rarely speak
Apr 10, 2022 5:57 PM
Mar 2019
Tadano might aswell be a Stalker always turning up where Komi is, surely not coincidental.
Stop following her!!
May 25, 2022 3:50 PM

Mar 2016
Solid little episode. Didn't really have much else to say about the beach stuff (definitely seeing how Yamai will forcibly insert herself everywhere with Komi, obviously a buildup for something later), but I really did like the stuff after that a lot more. Komi and her dad definitely seem to be on the same page, as an kindred introverts, they get along well. At least managed to SAY what he wanted to in the end!

I like that Tadano looked over her, albeit unintentionally, the entire time too. He's proud of her.

Man, playing on playground toys when you're a lot older than the target demographic, and being too shy to go up to the counter, haha, both experiences I can relate to!
CrimsonCWMay 25, 2022 3:56 PM
Life can be cruel and unfair. At worst it can traumatize and cripple you. The desire for wanting things to return to the way they were can cost everything and changes nothing. The best way is to keep moving forward, struggle on.
Anger can be powerful but can only get you so far. Let people into your life even if some of them leave you in time.

Fight. Like. Hell. For everything and everyone you love. Always.
May 28, 2022 12:06 PM

Nov 2018
This episode is top tier.
The scene with Komi and her Dad was priceless.
The baby part and Tadano forgetting about the books was hilarious, and Komi at the playground was adorable.
And Not unique to this episode, but Komi's shaking is the cutest thing I have seen in anime.
serg90May 28, 2022 12:11 PM
Jun 3, 2022 9:24 PM
Oct 2017
Najimi is the person that holds this anime together, she is the most active character and that makes most thing happen.

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Komi-san wa, Comyushou desu. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2021

222 by flokigoat »»
Sep 3, 1:16 PM

Poll: » Komi-san wa, Comyushou desu. Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2021

93 by SolalAnime »»
Jul 29, 6:19 AM

» This show is an absolute disgrace at representing social anxiety ( 1 2 )

Fischer77 - Apr 26

67 by JizzyHitler »»
Jul 27, 7:29 AM

Poll: » Komi-san wa, Comyushou desu. Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 20, 2021

121 by mal-Ghifari451 »»
Jul 9, 1:15 AM

Poll: » Komi-san wa, Comyushou desu. Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2021

97 by Azurosa »»
Jun 19, 2:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.