Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Date A Live (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 25, 7:07 AM
Jan 2020
Is this episode an ad for an upcoming Date a Live game? Considering it was 80% CG lmao.
Apr 25, 7:12 AM
Jan 2020
SpiderMiles3523 said:
@Icebreaker93 jc staff didn't even animate fight scenes u high. The tohka and origami fight had so many still shots and them dragging the characters across the screen.

The last 2 season ain't that different lmao, this show haven't looked good for the last 3 seasons
Apr 25, 9:26 AM

Oct 2007
the heavy fighting continue. Ellen is kept busy by Elliot - which leaves Artemisia to be ganged up on by Origami, Muku, and the AST squad. Even with the disadvantage, Artemisia was still able to wound Origami. I was surprised they showed blood.

another surprising thing is.. the spirits are very good team players. The supports staying behind giving buffs, while the fighters go to the front lines. Did they practice doing this? xD

looking forward to next week!
Apr 25, 10:21 AM
Mar 2024
Reply to Ronninn
SpiderMiles3523 said:
@Icebreaker93 jc staff didn't even animate fight scenes u high. The tohka and origami fight had so many still shots and them dragging the characters across the screen.

The last 2 season ain't that different lmao, this show haven't looked good for the last 3 seasons
@Ronninn found the isekai fan judging by ur own watch list. Otherwise it takes someone with color deficiency to say season 4 and 3 look the same. Plus season 4 largely fixed the poor visuals found on the blu ray
Apr 25, 11:00 AM

Jan 2008
The animation for the battle.... was so bad.....
But I'm going to overlook that because... this motherfucker was fighting with KISSES.
DmonHiroApr 25, 11:12 AM
Apr 25, 11:31 AM
May 2021
BEST BEST BEST EPISODE EVER
Apr 25, 11:55 AM
Jul 2021
Reply to Ronninn
Is this episode an ad for an upcoming Date a Live game? Considering it was 80% CG lmao.
@Ronninn Honestly after season 3 I don't think people really watch date a live for it's animation lol.If the animation got really good it's a plus.
Apr 25, 12:11 PM

May 2015
Did Shido just win by using Power of Love ?
Apr 25, 12:23 PM

Jul 2017
what was the song playing during 6:21
Apr 25, 3:21 PM

Mar 2022
Okay that made me swear at the screen, God Damn cliff-hangers!
Apr 25, 4:33 PM
Mar 2021
They look like stock images fighting HELP
Apr 25, 6:43 PM

Aug 2021
Kurumi the cutest as always, <3
Apr 25, 9:18 PM
Jan 2020
SpiderMiles3523 said:
@Ronninn found the isekai fan judging by ur own watch list. Otherwise it takes someone with color deficiency to say season 4 and 3 look the same. Plus season 4 largely fixed the poor visuals found on the blu ray

The art style is the saving grace of the last 2 seasons lmao
Apr 25, 9:53 PM
Jan 2017
With the battle between Ratatoskr and DEM in full swing, the stakes are higher than ever and I have to say, I'm impressed at how the episode gave almost every major character their moment of glory.
Apr 26, 10:13 AM
Apr 2023
Reply to SpiderMiles3523
@unmei_no_hito_02 how tf. Cgi is real smooth and models well designed. They did cheap out on frames. It is already way smoother than overlord and no way comparable to berserk or ex arm.
@SpiderMiles3523 everyone in MAL is blind. no matter how smooth and good CGI anime produce they will always complain. just ignore them
Apr 26, 1:32 PM

Jan 2008
Reply to einstorage6691
@SpiderMiles3523 everyone in MAL is blind. no matter how smooth and good CGI anime produce they will always complain. just ignore them
@einstorage6691 If I take a huge dump, it will also be smooth. Does not mean it's good.
Apr 27, 4:25 AM
Apr 2023
Reply to DmonHiro
@einstorage6691 If I take a huge dump, it will also be smooth. Does not mean it's good.
@DmonHiro man I feel bad, so even after you take a huge dump you still not feeling good... my consolidated
Apr 27, 8:03 AM

Oct 2018
a little too much CGI... some parts are ok but many scenes where that was really "special" because too much visible. Hope it was just for this episode
Apr 27, 1:09 PM
Mar 2024
Reply to einstorage6691
@einstorage6691 I have no idea can complain about dal's cgi when we got this cgi. https://animegalaxyofficial.com/misfit-of-demon-king-academys-ugly-cgi/
Cgi literally makes an anime cost double

https://animegalaxyofficial.com/attack-on-titan-season-4-can-be-the-next-expensive-anime-series/

Is the isekai fanbase on a rampage to find some excuse against the competition
Apr 28, 4:07 AM
Jun 2023
CGI kinda meh, but the comedy moment was okay so
Apr 28, 5:29 AM

Aug 2023
Did the first spirit / the origin just spawn at Kurumi's body? lol

こんにちは!私の名前はマルハザクです! こんにちは!私の名前はマルハザクです!
Apr 28, 7:36 AM
Mar 2024
Its a transition cap, but im excited for the next
Apr 28, 10:07 AM

Feb 2011
shido blowing kisses to kill nibelcole was hilariously stupid

good episode tho

Apr 30, 10:43 AM
suii

Dec 2018
kurumi got judas backstabbed damn
May 1, 7:17 AM

May 2020
And in today's news, mass kissing reported death of hundreds of spirts. So please make sure not to get kissed.. for your own benefit xD

CGI was just bad, but I mean we're used to that. Most importantly, finally we would get the backstory of the spirit who kind of ruined the moment between Kurumi and Shido.
May 3, 1:53 AM

Feb 2018
Omg, it's hilarious how Shido is beating all those Nibelcole girls with kisses, and even calling them kittens? lololol. And then his kisses are basically bullets too lmao, I can't.

And damn, tf came outta Kurumi oof.

Never ending plan to watch list...

May 6, 7:26 AM
Feb 2021
the studio is fucking poor and broke. CAN'T BELIEVE THEY ANIMATED DATE A BULLET
May 12, 2:33 PM
Feb 2024
Shidou finally embraces that he is indeed a harem protagonist with those flying kisses.
May 21, 4:29 AM
Feb 2022
Origami, Mana, Mukurou, and Yoshinou faced off against Artemisia, but she proved to be a formidable opponent against them all. The situation escalated when Nia informed them that Elen was heading their way for support, but Elen was intercepted by a rejuvenated Elliot. Meanwhile, some of the Nibelcol confronted Ratatoskr's Wizards, only to be rescued by Tohka and the Yamai siblings... with their sights set on Shidou
Jun 7, 6:06 AM
May 2024
Shido being saved by Kurumi again, but it was kind of funny this episode how he fought the Nibelcole by blowing kisses/kissing them on the lips. Kurumi clone saving Kurumi but a spirit coming out of the original Kurumi, who I presume is Mio. I'm guessing this will be explained throughout the remainder of the arc.

Jun 7, 1:24 PM

Jun 2023
I understand Shido's kisses being a way to seal the power of spirits, but the fact that he can blow kisses as a projectile wtf lmao. Nibelcole didn't stand a chance. Ellen vs Elliot looks interesting but how did he turn young again.

RIP to Kurumi and that "my honey" Kurumi clone. I mean how did Mio end up erupting out from Kurumi? I guess we will find out after we learn more about Mio/Shido's past.
Jun 8, 6:10 AM
May 2024
Battles are breaking out left and right, with Kurumi clones vs Nibelcole clones, Muku and Yoshino providing support, Origami vs Artemesia, and Elliot vs Ellen. Shido going to the battlefield and using kisses as his weapon against the Nibelcole was not what I expected. The ending scene with Mio bursting out of Kurumi :O I think it's probably because she is the spirit of origin, she is able to store herself in Kurumi's sephirah crystal.
Jun 8, 11:46 AM
May 2024
So not only did they get rid of the best Kurumi clone this episode, but Kurumi looks like she is in trouble with Mio coming out of her chest. Meanwhile the fight is fully underway with various battles happening, I'm sure we will get the full Ellen and Elliott backstory.

Jun 8, 1:06 PM
May 2024
So Shido has evolved!! Also, while the CGI is better than previous season, it was kinda off a bit in this episode.
Jun 8, 1:22 PM
May 2024
That escalated way too quickly

Jun 8, 6:00 PM
May 2024
Wish they could of animated more of the individual fights such as Artemesia vs Origami or Ellen vs Elliott even if there is heavy cgi usage. It seems like with this pace there are 3 episodes per volume, so they could get through Mio True End and possible Tohka World.
Jun 8, 11:10 PM

May 2024
Imagine going into battle where your using your kisses as weapons against a group of cloned enemies in the Nibelcole lmao. Ofc this is a thing in this series since Shido did the same thing to seal inverted Tohka back in S2 of the anime.

Jun 12, 6:15 AM

Sep 2021
Just how powerful Shido's lips are in battle lol
Jun 13, 11:22 PM

May 2024
Reply to Mainnus
The CG is definitely better than last season and ok overall, but some of the scenes are just painful to look at.
Yeah the CGI fighting does not look great but after watching season 4, I think I am used to it by now. The way Mio comes out of Kurumi reminds me of The Ring where Sadako comes out of the TV...
Jun 15, 6:19 PM

Jul 2016
Reply to NicoPickleJuice
Shido being saved by Kurumi again, but it was kind of funny this episode how he fought the Nibelcole by blowing kisses/kissing them on the lips. Kurumi clone saving Kurumi but a spirit coming out of the original Kurumi, who I presume is Mio. I'm guessing this will be explained throughout the remainder of the arc.

@NicoPickleJuice After 10+ years of waiting, Mio has finally arrived onto the anime screen. But at the cost of everyone's beloved Kurumi.
Jun 16, 12:43 AM
Anime Archivist

Aug 2019
Bring on the continuation of the all-out war

I appreciate seeing Origami in the white armor flying around. Always believed in Origami being a top tier girl alongside Kurumi, so I appreciate the moments she gets.

Half of me thinks Karen's joke wasn't a joke.. yeah.

The golden armor is unreal. Elliot has the battle drip, at least he has style for him.

..This dude Shido outright walks onto a battlefield, looks Nibeel in the eye, and says he loves her XD the game is real. And he had the smooch in. Normally the insane way of fighting, but he actually goes around kissing all of em XD

Kisses are OP. Shido maxed out the playboy strat. But hey kiss Kurumi while you're at it. Every Kurumi death is painful.. I could feel it.

THAT ENDING. WHAT.
Jun 16, 3:52 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Shido kissing them one by one and even distance kissing them to make them disappear was pretty fun ahah, the battle is going well until that Kurumi part which was good but after the clone sacrifice now they let us with a cliffhanger...
Jun 19, 12:26 AM

May 2024
Reply to hamstertyphoon
Imagine going into battle where your using your kisses as weapons against a group of cloned enemies in the Nibelcole lmao. Ofc this is a thing in this series since Shido did the same thing to seal inverted Tohka back in S2 of the anime.

@hamstertyphoon

What is stronger, Shidou blowing kisses against the Nibelcole or the Kurumi's guns shooting them? But for real, can't believe Date A Live actually made it work again, but it's not the first time that Shidou has taken out a spirit in combat by kissing them (vs Inverted Tohka AKA Tenka in S2).
Jun 22, 12:10 AM

Jun 2024
We have Mio coming out of Kurumi's chest and making her entrance a lot earlier than I would have thought. This confirms the theory that Mio and Reine are separate and probably form a single entity as the mother of all spirits. RIP Kurumi but I am sure she will be back with Zafkiel to rewind time or something.
Jun 23, 1:57 AM
Jun 2024
rip eye patch kurumi, you're just as best like the og kurumi
Jun 23, 2:24 PM

May 2024
People seem to be confused with how Mio ended up inside Kurumi and why she is able to come from inside Kurumi's body, so I will explain my thoughts on that. At the end of season IV (episode 12), when it is revealed to Kurumi that Phantom is Reine, she utilizes her clones and abilities to drag Reine into her shadows. I'm assuming at this point, Reine splits the Mio part of herself into Kurumi in order to escape and return to Fraxinus as we see Reine be just fine in episodes 1 and 2.
Jun 23, 6:32 PM

Jun 2024
Again, we see Kurumi come to save Shido as he's in a pinch battling Wescott's Nibelcoles - which seem vulnerable to Shido blowing kisses at them due to their connection to Nia's affection levels for Shido. Just as Shido reaches out for Kurumi's hand and Kurumi is about to grab onto Shido's we see Mio's resurrection a la last season where Kurumi had trapped Mio in her shadows. Little did she know that Mio is not so easy to defeat or get rid of.
Jun 23, 8:25 PM

May 2024
Both the goated Kurumi clone and Kurumi fall on the battlefield, the latter being the cliffhanger with Mio's arm breaking through Kurumi's chest, kind of gruesome. I guess Shido will be the only one to rewrite history and save Kurumi from death.

Jun 23, 9:22 PM

Jun 2024
Reply to pfpjenkins
Yeah the CGI fighting does not look great but after watching season 4, I think I am used to it by now. The way Mio comes out of Kurumi reminds me of The Ring where Sadako comes out of the TV...
@pfpjenkins Honestly could have used more of the Origami vs Artemisia fight, but given the fast pacing of the adaptation (3 episodes per LN volume) it's understandable. Ofc we end on Mio punching a hole through Kurumi, for a cliffhanger.
Jun 26, 4:57 PM

Jun 2024
Reply to SilverEvergreen
the studio is fucking poor and broke. CAN'T BELIEVE THEY ANIMATED DATE A BULLET
@SilverEvergreen The studio was absorbed by it's parent company, and a lot of the funding of this anime as well as season 4 was by Hot Game Studios apparently which is a Chinese game company. I think there's been issues with that company as well, so perhaps that is why the animation suffered as compared to season 4, I feel like there's already more usage of CGI models apparent with the Kurumi clones in this episode.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Your Favorite spirit

Dydfbcdhb - Jun 26

40 by _MushiRock11_ »»
Yesterday, 4:43 AM

Poll: » Date A Live V Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 26

190 by _MushiRock11_ »»
Yesterday, 4:34 AM

Poll: » Date A Live V Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 22

68 by Fatephile »»
Aug 16, 4:34 PM

Poll: » Date A Live V Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 15

135 by Fatephile »»
Aug 16, 3:02 PM

Poll: » Date A Live V Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 5

54 by TanedaKaori »»
Aug 10, 1:09 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.