Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 25, 3:11 AM

Mar 2019
ZzZzZzZz... Jesus Christ that was boring.

And no, it isn't because I'm complaining about a lack of action. It's just straight up boring in all aspects. Just a nothing happening show. Two bounty hunters seeking androids & beating it over our heads how bad Nean's have it over and over and over. Main character has like 0 personality.

And like others have mentioned, the animation quality took a hit here. Given how little happened in this episode that was very surprising.

I'm one episode away from dropping this if the next one isn't good. I was so looking forward to this show too. Bones + Sci Fi + Mech suits... How could it go so wrong?
Jan 25, 3:15 AM
Sep 2021
Ok, saw a lot of internal affairs going on, but most importantly freedom for the neans & respecting their free will was given a lot of focus this time.
Jan 25, 3:40 AM

Nov 2010
The episode was cut abruptly. It seems the anime team failed to cram contents into the defined time span. With a few more seconds, it would have been completed.
Jan 25, 4:24 AM

May 2012
Does the immortal nine and the alters have anything to do with each other?
Jan 25, 4:45 AM

Oct 2022
It seems like that hunting the Immortal Nine is just a part of the settings which leads to the main story, and now we've gotten a naive freelance Nean operator who are getting involved in a right dispute between the Neans and the human, while taking on a dedicated Neans hunting mission.
Jan 25, 6:14 AM

Dec 2022
I think it's obvious the Usurpers are not aliens, perhaps they were a faction that broke away from the Asimov Code and the Immortal Nine is what remains of them?
Jan 25, 6:38 AM

Sep 2016
I can't do this
I can't continue
this is too boring
bro thinks he's the 2nd coming of LycoReco
nah bro you ain't him.
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jan 25, 7:44 AM
Jun 2022
hm i hope we get more than just this "why does everyone hate the poor robots" story...
Jan 25, 9:17 AM
Sep 2019
The episode ended too sudden wow.
Jan 25, 10:59 AM

Aug 2011
Very transitional episode but I appreciated it slow down a little bit for a little bit of context.

The whole Nean rights conversation is very thought provoking and very cyberpunk-ish.

» Escapism.

Jan 25, 11:36 AM

Apr 2021
Doesn't look like this is working out to be a very original one. Watchable, but for how long...
Jan 25, 11:42 AM

May 2018
Last time we had some fun, but in this episode some "on the nose" politics which are way too flat and obvious for my taste.
Also the idea for an evil travelling carnival is giving me Sailor Moon (and I mean the old show) vibes. When I think about it, those vibes were present since the beginning, just couldn't differentiate then from the rest of the déjà vu stuff.
Jan 25, 12:02 PM
Dec 2022
oh wow another story with poor robots being exploited.. i had hopes after the last epsiode... but this one was boring af
Jan 25, 12:48 PM
Jun 2007
Pretty decent episode!
Jan 25, 1:43 PM
Jul 2023
We have been getting "Crimson Lightning" in a different arrangement every episode and I love that. But why did it need to be banjos?
Jan 25, 2:21 PM

Jul 2016
What happens when Rouge isn't allowed to buy more chocolate - the episode.

Also, is Naomi stupid? Because everything she said to her partner 100% applies to her as well. The argument they had couldn't have been more forced...
Jan 25, 4:22 PM
Apr 2021
Reply to Plopop
I've seem to just watched too many sci fi shit that it's getting pretty obvious what they reference and are going for here lol. this is not the show and tell anime people wanted it to be. weren't we discussing about the Immortal Nine? now we're just gonna circle back to Nean discrimination? been there done that, don't' need an entire episode for it. inb4 Rouge becomes their Nean Jesus, this girl with infantilism dies for our sins and becomes that weird thing in that opening. We've all seen Detroit Become Human

just jingle the keys at this point, i want me some action before that joker ripoff starts talking about society.

@Plopop oh my, you're just spot on! I think the same. It's not show and tell, it's quite the oposite. It's all show and tell nothing, quite interesting. Kinda reminds me how BLAME! manga has very little meaningful dialogue and it's all visual stortelling. Though I think that in anime form, similar to blame movie, this kind of narratve tends to get scuffed off by anime fans in general.

I´m just waiting for Rouge to become Nean Jesus, get Neans Freedom and die for their sins in a hopefully epic battle of 1 vs 1000
gautrstafrJan 25, 4:26 PM
Jan 25, 6:30 PM

Oct 2016
I am enjoying the world building and the issues between humans and neans this show is tackling. I still am curious about why the Immortal 9 needs to be eliminated, but I believe Rouge may have a change in perspective when she learns more about the conflict. (7.5/10)
Jan 25, 8:44 PM

Feb 2016
This anime has no sense of direction, pacing or anything in the slightest.

After what would have seen like an Episodic direction, the anime suddenly decides that episodes are connected, Rouge randomly remembers Viola and her free will speech thing and decides to go on her own after quarreling with Naomi, because reasons, and then we also have these random androids that somehow were able to witness Rouge transforming back in episode 2, during those robot machines incidents (there was literally no one there other than the guy that was studying those robots, what kind of stupid plot holes are you adding to this story, Bones?)

I'd like to have some consistency on this anime, please.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Jan 25, 11:01 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
I need more information! Can’t wait for next weeks episode
Jan 26, 2:19 AM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
Yeah it is decent for now. Can't say if it will be a drama or comedy oriented anime.
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Jan 26, 3:28 AM
Mar 2019
Nean/Android rights? This is really looking like an Isaac Asimov story, and not just in name.
Jan 26, 7:57 AM

Oct 2020
THE MOMENT HAS ARRIVED FOR FIGHTI.... oh wait, there was no fighting. I dunno about this episode, it had some good visuals in places (like the view of the Nean camp stretching into the distance) but Naomi mistreating Rouge really didn't sit right. She's going to have to work hard to win me back over next episode.
Jan 26, 9:56 AM

Jan 2013
bro this is so boring
Jan 26, 10:52 AM

Mar 2014
Okay I gotta be honest I kinda dozzed off a bit... Okay maybe more

This episode is so boring
Jan 26, 11:54 AM
Jan 2024
thiw is any original correct?
i got like 0 clue where the story is trying to go..
loved the first 2 epidodes tho.. this 1 was kinda meh
Jan 26, 2:38 PM

Aug 2023
That cliffhanger was craaazzzyyyy!! It makes me upset to see Rouge and Naomi fighting, but I have faith that they will overcome this and come out as a stronger and better duo. Rouge has such a brave soul, I really like her. The politics surrounding this show are quite fascinating as well, I would really like to know more on the government background and maybe some history of what went down.
Jan 26, 8:52 PM

Jul 2008
Clearly Rouge got set up by the nean in the hat.

So now how many are going to die because of it?
Jan 27, 4:16 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Coming from a quarrel between Naomi and Rouge the latter was able to get into the Nean settlement with the lucky helping hand of that doctor. In it she's questioning her free will as well as other broad concepts that Asimov's laws interfere with. Freedom. Tool. Equipment. Hope. In any case, it was bound to happen with a premise like this.

Meanwhile, while that detective is trying to snoop on the immortal nine affairs, Rouge is set up on the killing of Judal and no immediate masterminds come to mind. I suspect next episode will be full of action.

Btw, is the score on this show that low because no major developments happened yet? I'm sure that Bones is still cooking with the settlement so I'd like to give them time. We don't even know how many episodes this will have.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Jan 28, 6:01 AM
Dec 2014
It's only the begin (I hope so!). The anime is interesting, and the visual is nice
Jan 28, 6:20 AM
Apr 2019
every episode is better than those that came before it, this one mostly consisted of build up and I can't wait to see where it leads
Jan 28, 7:58 AM
Dec 2021
low-key episode, the internal character conflicts being set up are nice if unoriginal. So what I'm getting is Rouge and co track down dangerous Nean elements but aren't aligned with humans either? Lots of questions remain.
Jan 28, 5:46 PM
Jan 2018
It's always interesting when other people agree with you. I'm clearly not the only one who found the way the episode ended abrupt. I guess the real question would be was it because of studio drama or an intentional decision?

BONES original anime normally take 3 to 4 episodes to slow down and focus on letting us live with the characters. Tbh, this anime is a bit disappointing compared to other BONES original properties as far as making the characters charismatic, but I have faith that at minimum, things are gonna get weird and interesting at some point.

Even if they don't, they production committee is clearly obsessed with bring the feeling of 80s anime into the 2020s. My personal issue is anime storytelling has come a long way since then, so it's harder to get grace from fans when you tell old school stories the old school way.

Ultimately, unlike FRANXX, BONES had no intention to make another "mecha" anime that checked all the boxes of mainstream success, so if you aren't a BONES fan, you'll probably get bored and drop this anime. Personally, I found every BONES journey I took to be worth it, even with the disappointment. Hopefully this anime can be that for you as well.

Jan 28, 8:57 PM
Jan 2024
its an interesting series so far and I can't wait until more episodes come out.
Jan 28, 9:52 PM

Nov 2023
Man, I wonder what other group of Androids want the same rights as humans. I think it took place in Detroit?

Yeah, Humans really treat Neans like trash don't they?

Seriously though, we got the CFN or The Council of Free Neans who wants the same rights as humans and Rogue got to meet their leader, just for them to die immediately afterwards. Clearly, someone is trying to set something up and cause some conflict but that's all we know.
Jan 29, 9:14 PM
Jul 2020
phantomfandom said:
It's not fair that they keep discussing if Nean should have human rights or not when there's not enough information on what exactly is Nean. Are they robot or alien or something else, then we can discussed on their rights.

That’s likely part of the point.

That it doesn’t matter what they are.

They have feelings and want more.

But, at the same time, it DOES make sense that they’re property. Someone literally built them.

Just how it goes.
Jan 30, 2:58 AM

Sep 2016
That was a bizarrely abrupt ending.
Jan 30, 6:41 AM
Aug 2023
I really loved the emotion and level of depth put into this episode
HighschoolDXDRiasGriamory
Jan 30, 4:10 PM
Apr 2022
the cute girl aspect is enough for me to continue the show for now
Feb 1, 10:59 AM

Aug 2020
Damn this series is getting more Blade Runner every episode

Feb 3, 5:25 AM

Jun 2020
This anime try to has a more deeper story about slavery , racism, but because of how dull the characters are its loosing everything. Rogue don’t have any personality she like a empty box. There is nothing about her that I can talk expect of the tantrum she had the ep if you make a 'deep' story you should make characters who has at least ab it of personality
Feb 7, 3:26 PM

Dec 2021
It feels like the peace mission was doomed from the beginning, especially seeing how the leader was taken out. It's frustrating that neans have no rights, and it seems like hardly anyone cares about it.

Whole thing with the circus shit... like it's circus.

Feb 8, 5:07 AM
Apr 2021
Ok not a lot of action but we did get a lot of lore in this episodes, so it seems that the Neans are treated as lesser than animal considering they work the most toughest harshest environments that nobody would work and it’s sad that they can’t even have the freedom to die in their own terms, they’re just gonna keep getting fixed up until they’re not usable anymore😕

Ik Ik it was only for a like 10 seconds but………..ROUGE AND NAOMI IN A SAUNA😩😩😩😩😩😩😫😫😫
Feb 13, 6:03 AM
Dec 2022
this show is so moe .why i fell like it shouldnt be but it is and i love it
Feb 13, 5:36 PM

Mar 2008
Now this clears up that Rouge is also a Nean but without the Asimov code. So the Asimov code is likely a limiter which is why the other Nean have the markings and she doesnt usually.
Feb 14, 11:23 AM

Oct 2017
Episode about freedom, is there really any freedom? People are bound by something, someone. Anyway Rouge was set up, how are they gonna get out of this situation. Also I wonder if Rouge really is a Nean or something like a human nean hybrid? Btw lol Naomi wearing glasses even in the sauna.
Feb 17, 8:09 AM

Oct 2018
Wtf was the ED transition, there's not even a post-credit scene.
If only, the show was directed by a certain other director who is god at ED transitions....

The plot is still the basic racism plot from the first episode. Looking back, episode 2 is a bit of redundant. The expo dump with the Usurpers and war could have been managed on a different episode.
Feb 19, 3:02 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Huh whoa. I feel like Naomi kinda just up and calling Rouge only a tool was a little out of nowhere when we've seen them kinda getting along okay-ish. But also like if my computer could talk to me or something, I wouldn't call it just a tool or whatever. Seems kinda harsh.;; I'm glad they made her realize that she wasn't being mature about that or whatever though.

Been meaning to say the OP is a bop. However, I feel the throwback vibes would work more for an anime that had more of an actual throwback vibe-- that throwback vibe could come from the characters, character designs (Naomi is sliiiightly a throwback with her jacket, but...), writing style, art style, etc. But it's a pretty futuristic and/or modern anime when it comes to the vibe and content, so it feels a little... misleading as what's essentially meant to kinda be a theme song.

Also, neutral so far.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Feb 20, 2:28 PM

Feb 2012
After seeing Pluto, it's hard to top how it did a discrimination against robots plotline.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Feb 22, 5:27 AM

Apr 2021
She fought with her friend over two chocolate bars, she really didn't mature, that's why she got to know that city, thanks to the doctor.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Metallic Rouge Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 20

28 by Matheus050 »»
Sep 24, 8:42 PM

Poll: » Metallic Rouge Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 28

54 by Nauagos »»
Sep 16, 9:09 AM

Poll: » Metallic Rouge Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 10

239 by Sag1Nit »»
Sep 6, 4:11 AM

Poll: » Metallic Rouge Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 13

37 by Matheus050 »»
Sep 5, 9:32 AM

Poll: » Metallic Rouge Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 6

55 by Matheus050 »»
Aug 29, 6:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.