Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « First ... « 12 13 [14]
Sep 16, 8:40 PM
Jul 2024
Damn... The whole series kept me engaged from start to finish...

But that ending ? It wasn't bad... But I think more could be done.

Nina and Tenma (apparently) ended up together, so that's a plus.

But what really killed it for me, was that Grimmer's wish was not fulfilled. Klaus Poppe died without ever being punished by his crimes.

And yeah, yeah Johan lives (apparently) in coma for the rest of his life. Wich is... OK ?

But I think he deserved a FAR worse punishment than that.

I'm just glad that at least Tenma never got blood on his hands, and by doing so, lived by his ideals.

At the end Johan wanted Tenma to kill him to prove him wrong. "Equal in life" vs "Equal in death"

And that last cut ? Johan probably just got transfered to another room or something. If that jerk ever wakes up then the whole series was pointless.

But regardless, what a masterpiece of a show !
StudMuffin123Sep 16, 8:43 PM
Sep 16, 9:31 PM

Dec 2020
fcking masterpiece
Sep 22, 1:47 PM
May 2020
fkin god

its a bit longer than the usual series, but worth the time you spend on it
2 hours ago
Nov 2016
First 20 episodes were ok, but predictable as hell. Been there, seen that etc. The whole series is predictable, but the 1st 20 eps specifically.
20-30 are boring as sin, a lot feels like filler and you start to ask yourself how this is supposed to go on for another 40+ eps.
It gets better after that but still too long. 36 episodes would have sufficed as well.
The ending sucks and i'd rather had seen Tenma, Nina and Dieter having a good time at the dining table instead of the last scenes with Johan.
I actually hope Tenma and Nina are a thing now. Screw the age difference. Tenma saved her like a million times and she obviously likes him a lot. No surprise, he's a hero, a living legend.
Glad his ex fiance/witch turned her life around.

Anyway, i liked the OP. Tenma is a great MC, It looks awesome for its time, they obviously put a lot of care into this production but i honestly can't/couldn't give this anything above 5/10.
Too predictable, too long for no reason.
This doesn't deserve such a harsh rating tho. So, i'll just not rate it at all.
Pages (14) « First ... « 12 13 [14]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monster Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kayro - Apr 3, 2008

153 by ShadowDrache »»
Yesterday, 5:31 PM

Poll: » Monster Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kayro - Apr 3, 2008

208 by DJ_Turner »»
Sep 23, 8:57 PM

Poll: » Monster Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Apr 4, 2008

109 by Xviyy »»
Sep 22, 12:07 AM

Poll: » Monster Episode 30 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Trie - Mar 8, 2008

183 by iamragnar »»
Sep 21, 6:00 AM

Poll: » Monster Episode 29 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kayro - Apr 9, 2008

198 by iamragnar »»
Sep 21, 5:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.