Forum Settings
Forums

Do you care about your taste in anime and whether it's good or not?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 6, 2023 12:16 PM

Apr 2020
Taste is subjective, we all know that, don't we?

I, for example, am very fair in my ratings. And yet I would give Demon Slayer a personal 9/10 even though I find the anime quite poorly written.

If someone asked me, I could recommend Demon Slayer ONLY because of the animations, everything else is garbage. And yet I like the anime and have already watched it 2x and even read the manga.
May 6, 2023 12:39 PM
Jan 2023
Don’t really care if other people like the shows that I like.  I like what I like after all and I believe that is fine.  
May 6, 2023 1:30 PM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
No I don't care about such things.. People everywhere in the world think I'm the worst person alive who isn't a terrorist leader.. But I don't mind,

May 8, 2023 1:10 PM

Aug 2019
I think I have good taste, but it's been specifically curated by myself for myself so of course I'd think that. I know what I like and it doesn't matter if what I like is liked by others or not. At this point, I know that I've got different standards and it's not always going to match up with what's being praised.
May 8, 2023 7:09 PM

Jul 2019
I stay true to myself. That's all I can tell you.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
May 8, 2023 7:54 PM
日野森雫

Apr 2019
Not particularly. Everyone has their own taste/interests and likes/dislikes so why should I judge them because of that?

✧ forum set by coziitsu ✧
May 8, 2023 10:31 PM
Nov 2017
I care about my taste but not what others think of it, if I love something or think it’s great then it doesn’t matter what anyone else thinks of it
May 8, 2023 10:55 PM

May 2018
Sorry in advance for the comparison, but taste is like sexual arousal, turn-on, you can't explain it in logical and objective terms most of the time, it's whatever gives you a turn-on and that's fine as long as it follows some civil boundaries. But yeah, there are no such things as good or bad taste, it's mostly neutral, it simply is. That being said, I'm proud of mine, not only in anime but also in music, cinema, literature and so on.

Grant me one hour on love's most sacred shores
    To clasp the bosom that my soul adores,
    Lie heart to heart and merge my soul with yours
May 9, 2023 4:20 PM
Dec 2021
I dont care whether my taste in anime is good or not. I just like what i like, which is usually sexy stuff.
May 9, 2023 4:28 PM

Apr 2018
I watch anime, because I get enjoyment from it; not because I want to impress someone. If I like an anime that many others don't like, I have no reason to pretend that I don't like it. In the same way I don't have to like a highly regarded show just because it's highly regarded. There is no such thing as an universally liked show.
May 9, 2023 5:26 PM

Jul 2015
My taste is different than others

So i leave it to chance when to watch the show
Well Duh...

May 9, 2023 8:44 PM
cinnamon girl ♡

Apr 2021
why ? my taste is superior than most people here !!!
like people actually have Rent a Gf in faves !!! and also Oshi no Manga as well 🤭🤭🤭🤭
May 9, 2023 9:11 PM

Jun 2022
Most people I speak to on-line like my taste, but the people I know in-person think my taste is weird, "short bus" quality, or just plain awful. I do not know who to believe.
May 13, 2023 2:10 PM

Nov 2019
My tastes are the only tastes that matter so no, I don't really care. I am perfection incarnate, a god if you will.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » do you even watch anime like how you used to?

removed-user - Yesterday

32 by LucindaTheQueen »»
2 minutes ago

» which anime did you watch first, the one you saw when you were just a child? ( 1 2 )

FruitPunchBaka - May 9

77 by Sheol01 »»
4 minutes ago

» Do you care more about Art or Entertainment?

zaganGao - 59 minutes ago

11 by Sheol01 »»
8 minutes ago

» Why does MAL still use Romaji for Anime Titles When not even the japanese do??? ( 1 2 )

Cestlavie_ - 8 hours ago

90 by GamerDLM »»
8 minutes ago

» Are you a fan of the Touhou Project series?

DesuMaiden - 4 hours ago

19 by deg »»
12 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.